GUILTY GA - Joni Clements, 47, dies in contract killing, Warner Robins, 8 Feb 2011

I am not sure she was targeted as if the suspect knew her. Home invasions are on the rise in Georgia.

You don't like to think the killer is family/close. This one reeks of it. The police are searching the family members' cars and offices and releasing NO information to relatives or others. There are no rewards or requests for tips.

I hope they nail the perps, honestly this situation strikes me as very similar to the movie "To Die For" in some ways (well not the actress or the teenagers but the dogs).

Yes home invasions are on the rise, the demographic shift and economy explain that, but this feels close. I want whomever did this caught and prosecuted.

Keep in mind this happened in Warner Robins, right next to Macon. The vast majority of random violent crime and breakins are committed by...well....let's just say by people that have a strong cultural fear of big or potentially vicious dogs (or even fairly small dogs that bark aggressively). I live near there and the trait is very very noticeable.

What exactly do you mean here? "Let's just say by people that have a strong cultural fear of big potentially vicious dogs (or even fairly small dogs that bark aggressively)? The trait is very noticeable?

This poor woman was shot. Dogs crated or otherwise aren't bullet proof. Even people that have a strong cultural fear of big dogs and small yapping ones know that.

I just want to throw this in, although I'm sure you guys have thought of it. IF it were someone close, they could have just re-crated the dogs after the crime or kept them busy with food. Sounds unlikely, but if dogs were freaked out and they trusted the perp (usually) and did not know their owner had been shot, they may have been happy to be in their crates (like the 4th of July...our dogs hate the fireworks)

ETA: I missed Sonya's post on this theory! Sorry! =D

You don't like to think the killer is family/close. This one reeks of it. The police are searching the family members' cars and offices and releasing NO information to relatives or others. There are no rewards or requests for tips.

I hope they nail the perps, honestly this situation strikes me as very similar to the movie "To Die For" in some ways (well not the actress or the teenagers but the dogs).

Yes home invasions are on the rise, the demographic shift and economy explain that, but this feels close. I want whomever did this caught and prosecuted.

I really don't believe that anyone in the family is responsible. I did wonder if it could have been committed by someone that had been in the house before and knew that the dogs were kept crated. Perhaps some friend of the daughters or her boyfriend, or a neighbor kid with a drug problem. I feel like she was killed because she could have identified the person that broke in. Just a gut feeling.

I don't think the dogs were uncrated either. The killer may have known about the dogs and murdered her as soon as she got home.

Also we dont know if the perp may have already been inside when she came in from work.

IMO

Hoping for more news but there isn't any... Praying for justice.

ok, an inside job i always felt, I cannot tell what I know cause against TOS., i am just tired of no news on this, Joni deserves better. It WAS someone who knew her. Hopefully this will come to a conclusion soon. I have hear an arrest is coming, but I have heard that for the last week.

ok, an inside job i always felt, I cannot tell what I know cause against TOS., i am just tired of no news on this, Joni deserves better. It WAS someone who knew her. Hopefully this will come to a conclusion soon. I have hear an arrest is coming, but I have heard that for the last week.

That is one of the problems that happens in cases that aren't solved right away. Lots of rumors but LE confirming none of it.

I sure understand what you mean. I remember when the two young Oklahoma girls were murdered by the side of the road and OMG........some posters on others sites were saying the most gosh accusatory things. Naming a family member by name.. as the suspect and telling everyone there was going to be an arrest soon. That was years ago and that case is unsolved to this day. It was all just a bunch of unsubstantiated gossip. It really hampers those who want to know only the true facts about what is happening concerning the case.

I do understand why WS takes the position they do. They know it happens on other sites and they are a cut above here, imo.

It has happened in my own hometown although we don't have murders often, but everyone seems to say they 'know' something but when it finally came to trial after the real suspect was caught it was nothing like what spread like wildfire in the community.

I certainly hope they solve this case. I am from Georgia and have been to Warner Robbins many times. Joni sounds like a wonderful person.

"Inside jobs' are usually much easier to solve than those with no connection to the victim(s).

So I wish LE luck and you are right whomever did this needs to pay dearly.

IMO

So I just searched and searched again. Didn't really find anything new, but I did find one statement that I thought was interesting, even if old. It could be nothing but I wanted to post it.

bbm

Friends described her as a married mother of two who worked at Robins Air Force Base. Police said her husband was cooperating with police, but at this point, he is not a suspect.

http://warnerrobinsgotnews.com/

So I just searched and searched again. Didn't really find anything new, but I did find one statement that I thought was interesting, even if old. It could be nothing but I wanted to post it.

bbm

Yikes, we've heard that before...:(

http://www.macon.com/2011/02/20/1458201/family-recalls-slain-wr-woman.html

Mixon saw Joni Clements’ vehicle when he arrived but found the home dark inside, Bussineau said. The family’s two dogs, each a Doberman pinscher mix, were still crated, he said. Joni Clements usually let the dogs out of the crates when she came home, Bussineau said.

Most recently, she founded Peach State Paranormal Investigations in which Jordi Clements and Chris Mixon were also active, according to the obituary and the PSPI Facebook page.

The part about paranormal investigations is interesting. I don't think it has anything to do with what happened. Just interesting. :beamup:

:alien: :sleuth:

“She (Jordi Clements) went to the front door and saw that it was open,” the report stated. “Her dog then charged the door and the door shut.”

Why did she go to the front door? What caused her to go to the front door? And saw that it was open, okay. But is this when she sees the "tall man in a black hoodie" running away from the house? Her dog then charges the door, then being when she went to the front door. What made her dog charge? Was it "the man" standing in the door(way?). Was it because "the man", Jordi or something else made a noise or caused the dog to "charge the door?" This is all very exciting but fizzles out at the end with, "and the door shut." How did it shut? Did the dog shut the door when it "charged the door?" That would seem the most likely and we could just infer this is what is meant-but since we don't have more information we will leave it with: the door shut.

Did Jordi see "the man running" before "the dog charged the door and the door shut?"

Jordi Clements told the police officer that she saw a tall man wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans running away from the house, according to the report. She wasn’t sure if the front door had been unlocked, and the officer observed no damage to the front door, the report stated.

At what point did she see the tall man running away? Maybe this is information in the report and we do not have all the details but as these statements stand my (unprofessional)statement analysis has my hinky meter on alert. But, again I may be missing important information.

A tall man wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans. Seems cliche' to me, especially the black hoodie part. :twocents:

She wasn't aware if the front door had been locked or not. Well, again what made her go to the front door? The report says there is no damage to the door. But yet LE took it as evidence? I wonder if they are going to look for dog prints? :lol:

But, seriously. Why would they take the whole door?

IMHO(for right now: more information is needed) there is something not quite right, using statement analysis in the story the daughter gives about the earlier "break in."

It also reminds me of those "ADT" commercials, where a young woman is home alone during the day and a guy in a black hoodie and jeans runs up and kicks in the front door. The alarm goes off and everyone is safe. :rolleyes:

I find this case interesting. I have only followed the Casey Anthony case. I believe I have been spoiled because of the sunshine law in Florida. In other cases, do sleuthers only have media reports to give them information? TIA.

In my sleuthing, I do not wish to make light a tragedy or dismiss the feelings of anyone. My heart goes out to the victim and her family.
:cow:

I agree, I will be shocked if there really was a man in a black hoodie, just because it does sound like the stereo-type of the bad guy home invader...

:doh: I am sorry. LE took the door after the shooting, not when the daughter saw the man in the black hoodie a week before. I got the two events confused. Obviously.

“There’s compelling evidence on the front door,” Bussineau said police told the family. Officers did not elaborate. “They just repeated that over and over.”

Police also searched Clements’ black GMC Envoy; the car of her adult daughter, Jorden Anne “Jordi” Clements, 20; and the vehicle of the daughter’s boyfriend, Christopher Mixon, 21, Bussineau said.

Officers also removed some items from the workplace of her husband, James E. “Eddy” Clements Jr.
(end snip)

Is it strange they would go to where the husband works to search?

What police have released so far is that Joni Clements died from multiple gunshot wounds to her chest and torso, based on the autopsy. Her body was found by Mixon when he and Jordi Clements arrived at the home that Tuesday night, according to Tabitha Pugh, public information officer for Warner Robins police.
(end snip)

"Multiple gunshot wounds", does that seem like overkill? More than one shot could be seen as personal?

Mixon saw Joni Clements’ vehicle when he arrived but found the home dark inside, Bussineau said. The family’s two dogs, each a Doberman pinscher mix, were still crated, he said. Joni Clements usually let the dogs out of the crates when she came home, Bussineau said.

Bussineau wasn’t sure if the front door was locked, unlocked or broken, or if Mixon had a key. Bussineau also wasn’t certain on the timeline except that Mixon arrived first and would not let Jordi Clements see the body.
(skip)
Joni Clements, a clinical nurse for the 78th Medical Operations Squadron at Robins, came home from work at about 4:30 p.m
(skip)
The 911 call about the shooting came in at 9:08 p.m.
(end snip)

Mixon was the one who called 911 so he and the daughter had to arrived sometime around nine if they called right away. Because the family says she usually let the dogs out of the crates, it would seem she was attacked almost as soon as she got home. She did not have time to take the dogs out of the crates.

To the credit of Mixon, he says it was dark in the house. That would make sense as to the time the victim allegedly arrived home. It would still have been light, and if attacked immediately upon entering the home, she more than likely did not need to make that a first action once inside.

There were four and a half hours where no one tried to contact the victim? Between her husband, daughter and her daughters boyfriend? Maybe that is true.

“Joni always had a smile and a hug for everyone,” said James E. “Trey” Clements III, 22, the oldest of the two Clements children, who wrote his mom’s obituary, according to Bussineau. “Her home was always open for all.
(skip)
“She always made sure everyone felt comfortable in her home,” he said. “To a lot of people, it was a home away from home.”
(end snip)

I wonder who "her home was always open" to, and who are these "lot of people" who to them her home was "a home away from home?" :dunno:

Jordi Clements was home alone Feb. 1 when she heard a noise at the front door, according to a Warner Robins police incident report. She’d just hung up after a phone conversation with her mom. It was about 10 minutes before 5 p.m.

“She (Jordi Clements) went to the front door and saw that it was open,” the report stated. “Her dog then charged the door and the door shut.”

Jordi Clements told the police officer that she saw a tall man wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans running away from the house, according to the report.
(end snip)

Jordi is home alone on the phone with her mom. She hears a noise at the front door. What kind of noise? A loud noise? A scary noise? We do not know. But, she goes to the front door and sees that it is open. What bothers me is the order of the story(which could be how it was reported and not what the witness said), after she says she sees that the door was open I expect to hear this is when she saw the man. But, what we get is that the dog charged the door and the door shut. Then we are told that Jordi told LE she saw "the man" running from the house.

To me it should read: she heard a noise at the front door, goes to front door and sees it is open and a man standing there, dog then charges the door and the door shuts. The noise happens and she goes to find an open front door, but does not say she saw anyone there. She next tells of what the dog did, and the fact that what the dog did, shut the door. Ending her ability to see outside, unable to see anyone running away unless there is also a window there. The way the story is relayed it does not make sense. :twocents:

To me it should read: she heard a noise at the front door, goes to front door and sees it is open and a man standing there, dog then charges the door and the door shuts. The noise happens and she goes to find an open front door, but does not say she saw anyone there. She next tells of what the dog did, and the fact that what the dog did, shut the door. Ending her ability to see outside, unable to see anyone running away unless there is also a window there. The way the story is relayed it does not make sense. :twocents:

I assumed what supposedly happened was she saw or heard the dog rushing at the door, she looked and noticed the door was partially (i.e. a few inches) open and as the dog rushed it the "mystery man" then shut the door to keep the canine inside and prevent an attack.

She then looked out the window and saw a guy in a black hoodie running away. Most everyone has windows by the front door and with an agitated canine it would make more sense to look out the window rather than open the door even if she wanted to yell at the guy or see who tried to open the door or whatever (for fear the dog would run outside in part, and of course the fear of a violent encounter with the intruder in part).

Having dogs (and having had many beloved Dobermans) the scenario with the dog is believable and the guy sneaking into the house would likely open the door a bit to assess the situation. I don't believe that part of the story, I think it is made up, but the way it happened would seem plausible.

I do think that the daughter is telling the truth. I don't think she or the BF have anything to do with this. I'm thinking that someone set this up and the hit man came to the house that day, only to discover that it was the daughter and not the wife at home. He then came back when he was more sure it was the wife and not the daughter.

I think I've said this before on the previous page, but the reason I don't think it's a random burglary-gone-bad is that a burglary would take place in the morning/early afternoon to ensure no one would be home. Around 5:00 or so? That's exactly when folks are coming home and not the time to be in someone's home, kwim?

JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back