GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above we see Jorelys, bright as the sunshine, looking like she belonged in an ad for Crayola crayons. She was perfection. A treasure. Beautiful, sweet, innocent.

Some evil person took all the pure goodness out of Jorelys, stole everything she was, everything she could have been. After violating her, he took her life away also. Then he attempted to hide his horrendous acts, tried to make them, and her insignificant. He attempted to diminish the evidence of her remains into a small unidentifiable form.
The entity that could commit such attrocious acts should not be allowed to live among members of the human race.

I don't want to hear any defense attorney plea for mercy for this worthless piece of doodoo.

I don't think (and this is completely MOO) that the roommate ran. The roommate's mom worked in the office of the complex and got RB the job.

Again, MOO, that roommate knows and, more especially SAW a whole lot. Maybe even saw the clothes he was wearing when he got back to the apt right afterward.

Possibly LE has the roommate at an undisclosed location - maybe mom's? Keep him laying low until its all sorted out. I know if it was my son's roommate - I would be hysterical and want him kept safe until its all finished. KWIM?

Funny you mentioned the roommate and the perp's clothes. I was going to ask if anybody's heard mention of the perps clothes. I suspect he would have been covered in blood. :furious:

According to some unofficial sources his room mate did.
JVM was to interview the brother of RB but his connection had too much interference maybe he will be on tomorrow?

There was mention of his roommate on FB being missing, but I don't know what came of it. But, I meant before the arrest. He had 4 days didn't he? Not sure of the timeline now.

I also wonder how he cleaned up and hid this horror from his roommate. Maybe he showered and changed in the vacant apt. Maybe that is some of the overwhelming evidence. Clothes and evidence of clean up. I am just amazed as to how he was able to do all this so close to other people. I always felt safe when I lived in an apartment because there were people near by. Oh well I guess you aren't so safe anywhere.

Okay...I have to weigh in on this whole (who is to blame for these types of offenders/ also, even though it appears very much that Brunn is guilty...the presumption of innocence still applies). I think he is a very likely perp. JMO.

But everyone is saying: Is it the parent's fault? Society? The perp?

I have a quote that anyone is free to use for the signature line that might help:Keep in mind this is just a quote but some of these come together to make a perfect storm in the right (wrong) individual: His genetics load the gun, his psychology aims it, and the environment pulls the trigger.

Bringing this quote over from the previous thread, so that I could comment on it.

Despite one's genetics, despite one's psychology, despite one's environment, each and every human being has the power of free will (choice), unless that person is so mentally ill as to be incapable of making decisions, lucid or otherwise (which I seriously doubt is the case here).

We all come into this world with a genetic predispostion (nature), we are all a product of our environment (nurture), both of which affect our psychological make-up.

Barring severe mental illness that interferes with one's ability to comprehend right from wrong, I believe that most human beings are capable of recognizing that raping and murdering a child is wrong - in fact, most human beings not only recognise it as wrong, but are also horrified at the very thought of it.

MOO

Not that I don't think RB is involved, but I wonder if anyone else is as well.

It wouldn't be such a stretch to believe that the son of the manager might also know the vacant apartments and was possibly privy to info about ongoings around the apt. complex that others did not, no?

Bringing this quote over from the previous thread, so that I could comment on it.

Despite one's genetics, despite one's psychology, despite one's environment, each and every human being has the power of free will (choice), unless that person is so mentally ill as to be incapable of making decisions, lucid or otherwise (which I seriously doubt is the case here).

We all come into this world with a genetic predispostion (nature), we are all a product of our environment (nurture), both of which affect our psychological make-up.

Barring severe mental illness that interferes with one's ability to comprehend right from wrong, I believe that most human beings are capable of recognizing that raping and murdering a child is wrong - in fact, most human beings not only recognise it as wrong, but are also horrified at the very thought of it.

MOO

ITA! I brought the quote into discussion because, for me, posting on this thread, and I guess, IRL, I have often heard the same discussions...."Is it the parents? Is it genetics? Is it the perp? Is it society?" A lot of times, people have loved ones with problems, some with arrest records...and I think sometimes, in discussions are looking to play "devil's advocate" when it comes to someone being arrested...when likely, a lot of the signs and signals were already there...as a way to...pretend like what is going on in their own lives and with their loved ones won't happen to them...if the perp is just wrongly accused.

I think we are all responsible for ourselves. Baring mental incapacity. And even then, why is it that those with severe psychological issues seem only to want to do harm.

The quote was just food for thought...and in many ways, expresses the thoughts that I have heard from neighbors growing up, "My kid is a good kid (barring the three arrests, hurting of animals, etc...) and then when something happens they are the first ones in their corner and the first to blame everyone and everything else. JMO>

At this early stage, barring any new information. I feel for Bunn's family. No one ever believes their loved one could commit such a heinous crime and I wouldn't be suprised if they encounter some back splash.

I feel the GBI has conclusive proof they have the right guy. The prosecuting Attorney seemed very happy with the evidence he will have to use thus far and Kennan seemed very confident.

It also would not surprise me if there was child *advertiser censored* found in his apartment or on his computer. It seems like this type of crime is fueled by fantasies of the sort that took some time to develop.

I was happy to hear that the GBI is going back several years to see who, what and where he was. There may be sexual abuse victims or worse in his past.

Has anyone heard whether Jorelys' Mom regained custody of the siblings?

According to some unofficial sources his room mate did.
JVM was to interview the brother of RB but his connection had too much interference maybe he will be on tomorrow?

When did the manager's son drop out of sight? I think it would be quite interesting, and telling, to find out it was between the time she went missing and when they honed in on this .

thinking out of the box...
any chance RB hit on the mother at some point, was rebuffed and this horrible act was a form of revenge?

Also, odd that no one in the apartments immediately around the apt in question didn't hear any sounds of a struggle or other noises...coming from a 'vacant' apt.

any chance RB hit on the mother at some point, was rebuffed and this horrible act was a form of revenge?

Also, odd that no one in the apartments immediately around the apt in question didn't hear any sounds of a struggle or other noises...coming from a 'vacant' apt.

I agree odd that no one heard anything.

There was an interview posted from a Puerto Rican paper, maybe someone can find the link. Mom said she did not know RB.

Mike Brooks said yesterday that the apt directly above the vacant crime scene was also vacant - so no one there to hear anything. Don't know about the adjacent ones - could be people were at work or not home - could be he somehow kept her quiet.

I was more wondering about the "uncovered" windows in the vacant crime scene. A vacant apt usually has no window coverings so unless there was an interior room or possibly a room with only windows towards the back of the building - how did no one see anyone moving around in there?

Even though we've heard "rumors" about the roommate being missing - we haven't heard that at all yet from LE. That's why I think LE knows exactly where he is and why. If the roommate was home when RB came in afterward - what the hello kind of story did RB tell him about why he looked the way he did? Or maybe the roommate saw him but RB didn't see the roommate?

Me thinks the roommate is a very very valuable witness to all this and LE is helping to keep him safe.

JMHO

I don't think (and this is completely MOO) that the roommate ran. The roommate's mom worked in the office of the complex and got RB the job.

Again, MOO, that roommate knows and, more especially SAW a whole lot. Maybe even saw the clothes he was wearing when he got back to the apt right afterward.

Possibly LE has the roommate at an undisclosed location - maybe mom's? Keep him laying low until its all sorted out. I know if it was my son's roommate - I would be hysterical and want him kept safe until its all finished. KWIM?

I'm pretty sure as soon as the news got out that the manager's son was living on the property in a discounted unit with this guy, she started packing her bags. The management company will know this kid's history before LE does because they are up 24/7 doing CYA strategies. They have deep pockets and have no problem with fudging on the details.

As for the trash compactor, we have 2 like that where I work. They have a scheduled pick up from the trash removal company. They pick it up, dump it off site, then return it empty or bring a replacement. Wonder if he knew the schedule? I bet Monday was supposed to be a pick up day but LE held the dumpster instead. Maybe a cadaver dog sat, therefore they held it until the company could pick it up for them.

Was the mattress in the dumpster or found in the apartment?

I think he may have thought he was in the clear by using the compactor and knew the schedule. I thought the mattress was also in the compactor, so if anyone knows different, please advise.

According to a video, LE had to wait until Monday for the waste mgmt company to come out & disconnect the container. This happened Monday.

Mattress was in the apt (will search for link & edit post)

When did the manager's son drop out of sight? I think it would be quite interesting, and telling, to find out it was between the time she went missing and when they honed in on this .

I don't know. That's why JVM was going to interview him...
for whatever reason that didn't happen.

-----snipped--
Has anyone heard whether Jorelys' Mom regained custody of the siblings?

---this article says there is a hearing tomorrow.

http://www.primerahora.com/madredejorelystambienexigepenademuerteparaasesinodesuhija-589843.html

This mother’s suffering cannot be taken away from me and the only thing that I want is that they give the capital punishment for what he did
”, said Joseline, in reference to the presumed assassin of the girl identified as Ryan McCabe Brunn, a young person of 20 years, who worked as a maintenance employee for the River Ridge complex of houses, where the minor resided with her mother and her two little sisters of four and one years of age.

These minors were removed from the home of their mother by the Department of Families and Children of Georgia, while the case was clarified. Tomorrow, Thursday, a view in the court of Canton will be carried out to determine if the children will return to their home.

I don't know. That's why JVM was going to interview him...
for whatever reason that didn't happen.

JVM was going to interview the roommate Cory? I thought RBs brother called into JVM but the connection was not stable, and he never called back - hinky.

Yeah, I want to know what was in RGs & Cory's apt (12 Bldg)

Incredibly heartbreaking for this mother. I know of a "mom" that drank wine all night and "lost" her infant daughter. All children remained in her care.

Makes me mad.

Praying for Jorerly's mom tonight.

Mike Brooks said yesterday that the apt directly above the vacant crime scene was also vacant - so no one there to hear anything. Don't know about the adjacent ones - could be people were at work or not home - could be he somehow kept her quiet.

I was more wondering about the "uncovered" windows in the vacant crime scene. A vacant apt usually has no window coverings so unless there was an interior room or possibly a room with only windows towards the back of the building - how did no one see anyone moving around in there?

Even though we've heard "rumors" about the roommate being missing - we haven't heard that at all yet from LE. That's why I think LE knows exactly where he is and why. If the roommate was home when RB came in afterward - what the hello kind of story did RB tell him about why he looked the way he did? Or maybe the roommate saw him but RB didn't see the roommate?

Me thinks the roommate is a very very valuable witness to all this and LE is helping to keep him safe.

JMHO
Hi Owl - vacant apartments are not supposed to be without window coverings - it's considered a liability to advertise the apartment is vacant. Homeless people are also a problem when they see a vacant - they'll gladly break in just to keep warm. The industry has many standards and safety measures and reputable Management companies follow them stringently. If you go to an apartment community that has a laundry facility, you will notice there is only a double sided, or night lock, on the door and nothing covering the windows - this is because of the number of incidents that occurred when a woman would be drug into one of these facilities by a perp who would lock the door, turn out the lights and rape her.

Property management companies and investors who own and manage section 8 properties are not philanthropists by any stretch of the imagination. They are in it for the tax breaks and the steady income from the government checks. They could care less if the asset falls apart after 5 years - they spruce it up the outside, lease to anything capable of fogging up a mirror to pump up their numbers and then sell it. There are re-certifications once per year, and items that have broken must be fixed- but that's it, they do just what they have to do and no more.

I write all this because if anyone thinks for a moment that the management company cares that this happened to a precious baby girl, you would be wrong. All they care about right now is how they are going to get rid of this monkey and save their reputation.

JVM was going to interview the brother. He was on the line - but the connection was bad - he said he would hang up and call back - but he never did. He hung up and that was it.

There was supposed to be some sort of "back story" as to why the family left New York or some such thing - but we never got any of it.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member