GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS46 local news...

- Brunn's family says investigators have wrong person
- older brother says they don't see him committing a crime like that, he's not a monster or this person they're making him out to be, says social media has convicted him before they've given him a chance
- neighbors say Brunn never showed emotions or fear of being caught, others said he was a strange man
- property managers say they conducted a thorough back ground check on Brunn, providing counseling for familes

WSBTV...
- Dahlongea neighbor says he called LE after he caught Brunn and his brother smoking pot in the bushes
- Brunn's brother came out of house with pit bull while reporters talked to neighbors
- brother said he hasn't talked to Brunn in a few weeks
- reporters went to Brunn's stepfather's house, he wouldn't comment and told them to get off his property
- some (apartment) neighbors said Brunn acted suspiciously, one neighbor said he thought he saw Brunn at the dumpster Sunday night with a black trash bag and a flash light
- officers still guarding crime scene
- news of arrest only brought slight comfort to Jorelys' mother, she wants the death penalty for Brunn
- DA will not comment on whether he will bring death penalty in case
- Brunn to appear in court at 1:30 pm Thursday

WXIA...

- murder arrest warrant for killing Jorelys by hitting her on head with a blunt object
- another arrest warrant for making false statement to police for saying he was at Walmart when Jorelys was abducted, Walmart video shows otherwise
- agents sent to another county and another state to investigate his prior activities
- could be more charges filed
- brother knew he was under suspicion and feared he would be arrested, maintains innocence and family believes him, it's a big mistake, got him just because he works there
- mother still trying to regain custody of other children
- neighbor said Brunn showed her a picture of Jorelys and said she was missing (during search for Jorelys)

Oh I totally aggree Vlpate. I was just wondering about window coverings on the vacant crime scene. But now, come to think of it - when we lived in that complex (very similar to this one) all the apts did have verticles on all the windows. I'm just used to living in single family homes and usually have to cover all the windows once we move in.

And you're right. This management company is up the creek without a paddle right about now. Sux to be them. The lawsuits that will come from this - much less the reputation of the complex. Have to wonder how many notices of vacating they have received since Monday? Bunches, I'm willing to bet.

Mike Brooks said yesterday that the apt directly above the vacant crime scene was also vacant - so no one there to hear anything. Don't know about the adjacent ones - could be people were at work or not home - could be he somehow kept her quiet.

I was more wondering about the "uncovered" windows in the vacant crime scene. A vacant apt usually has no window coverings so unless there was an interior room or possibly a room with only windows towards the back of the building - how did no one see anyone moving around in there?Even though we've heard "rumors" about the roommate being missing - we haven't heard that at all yet from LE. That's why I think LE knows exactly where he is and why. If the roommate was home when RB came in afterward - what the hello kind of story did RB tell him about why he looked the way he did? Or maybe the roommate saw him but RB didn't see the roommate?

Me thinks the roommate is a very very valuable witness to all this and LE is helping to keep him safe.

JMHO

BBM - Complexes I have lived in all had mini blinds in the windows, and vertical blinds on the sliding glass door.

In fact, when you moved out, any damage to them was charged against your deposit.

JVM was going to interview the roommate Cory? I thought RBs brother called into JVM but the connection was not stable, and he never called back - hinky.

Yeah, I want to know what was in RGs & Cory's apt (12 Bldg)

My bad. JVM was going to interview the brother and ask about the roommate.

More from WXIA...

- reporter talked to Brunn the morning after Jorelys disappeared
- he was calm, cool and collected
- made no effort to avoid LE, was right there during search efforts

Why hasn't the perp been charged with sexual assault, sexual battery, or rape? I thought this was a sex crime as well.

MOO

Mel

Possibly they're waiting for test results on DNA evidence to be returned/confirmed first. They said more charges would be filed so I would expect sexual assault charges to be added as well.

More from WXIA...

- reporter talked to Brunn the morning after Jorelys disappeared
- he was calm, cool and collected
- made no effort to avoid LE, was right there during search efforts

I'm leaning toward psychopathy.... true sign there.

Above we see Jorelys, bright as the sunshine, looking like she belonged in an ad for Crayola crayons. She was perfection. A treasure. Beautiful, sweet, innocent.

Some evil person took all the pure goodness out of Jorelys, stole everything she was, everything she could have been. After violating her, he took her life away also. Then he attempted to hide his horrendous acts, tried to make them, and her insignificant. He attempted to diminish the evidence of her remains into a small unidentifiable form.
The entity that could commit such attrocious acts should not be allowed to live among members of the human race.

I don't want to hear any defense attorney plea for mercy for this worthless piece of doodoo.

-----------------

Me too. I want to hear he is dead.:maddening:

Fox5News local news...

- Brunn's older brother says GBI has been to family home in Dahlonega several times in the last few days, says brother would never do this, didn't even own a pocket knife, he was on phone w/Ryan when he was arrested, somebody knows something about this and they're not coming forward, things don't add up, older brother has a 1 year old child and he's always been good with him, thinks someone else is involved, can't believe his brother did this

- John Walsh talking about how parents of a murdered child feels

- Brunn's first court appearance tomorrow afternoon

I am surprised that this was not mentioned on the brother's FB page. I also wonder how this brother knew that the roommate was not around. We were looking at the FB page right after the arrest and he commented on where was Cody. He must of been in touch with his brother prior to the arrest. Lots of facts that have not come out I think. jmo

We really don't know if the brother called back and the show just couldn't get a good connection. Normally Jane would say something one way or another, however, tonight she didn't reference the brother calling or not calling.

somewhat O/T, but I was on Fox 5's website & saw the link to a video of John Walsh speaking of precious Jorelys. Thought I would share.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/John-Walsh-Talks-Jorelys-Rivera-20111207-pm-pk

I'm very pleased that they're so sure this guy is the one. I'm really surprised at how quickly & efficiently everything was done. I thought FOR SURE we'd hear some crap of them just "bringing people in for questioning" but with no arrests, as this is how many other cases of precious children being murdered go cold. I'm really anxious to hear what kind of evidence they have that makes them so sure it's him.. must be some sort of DNA evidence since they said they're almost positive it's him.
I definitely didn't see the fact that he's only 20 years old coming into play.. I thought for sure (just based on statistics) we were most likely going to be looking at a white, male, late 30's to early 50's who most likely lived in or around the complex, and who had offended before.
Ever since last night, the theory of the "maintenance man" really started to make a lot of sense. People have said that he's lived there for close to 4 weeks... that's more than enough time allowed to the sick SOB to observe & figure out the times in which she was outside playing, or walking home from school.. and lets be honest, he's probably introduced himself to her in a former instance, and her only being 7 years old, probably thought nothing of it except that it's just him being nice.
I'm 20 years old, and my mind just can't fathom this happening.. sure, 20 years old, you're considered to be an "adult", but you haven't had NEARLY enough time or experience to even know or understand what you're doing with your life..
I'm really just wondering where it came from. If he's never been in trouble with the law (other than underage drinking or whatever), then what on earth made him want to do something like this?! The people that commit crimes as horrible as this was particularly have a very dysfunctional past/childhood... and smaller offenses leading up to the really big one (like this) that they finally get caught & punished for.
I'm sorry, I don't care what any of his family says.. they can talk to interviewer after interviewer until they're blue in the face about how "he'd never do something like this. he has no criminal history!" .. yeah, he may not have a criminal history on file.. but, if LE has this guy, and they're nearly 100% positive this is her killer, then there is a lot his family has left to learn. A 20 year old guy doesn't just out of the blue decide he wants to torture a 7-year old and end her life in the horrendous way he chose to. There just has to be events leading up to this.. whether they went un-noticed, or weren't reported, he's done something before.. and LE, or anyone for that matter, needs to find out what it is. Might I add the fact of how impressed with his life he was? Apparently he was so proud of himself for landing a maintenance job & living in his own place.............................. big deal. Seriously. He was probably living there rent free in exchange for him working around the complex, that's how it goes down 99& of the time.
If he was so proud of himself for living on his own & growing up (according to his FB, thanks JVM), he wouldn't be wasting his time stalking 7 year old girls and torturing them.
I'm also very concerned with how loosely the keys are handed out to employees that work at River Ridge. I know that in order to do his job, you probably WOULD need certain keys in order to make sure every aspect of that position was completed daily. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think handing out keys to vacant apartments and such to a 20 year old BOY who's only been living/working there for a MONTH. I call him a boy because no true MAN would ever have the heart to do something so cold.

Maybe RB thought he would be 'falsely accused' because he DOES have a record-probably juvenile. Maybe the brother said he's never been in jail because he assumes that info won't come out.
About the adoption-didn't I read here that he grew up thinking his mother was his sister and that his grandparents were his parents? And he did not find out the truth until he was 5, when his 'real' mom got married? Anyone remember reading this here?

Even after all these sad cases, it never ceases to amaze me how someone so seemingly *ahem* normal can turn out to be a complete and utter monster. UGH! :(

Maybe RB thought he would be 'falsely accused' because he DOES have a record-probably juvenile. Maybe the brother said he's never been in jail because he assumes that info won't come out.
About the adoption-didn't I read here that he grew up thinking his mother was his sister and that his grandparents were his parents? And he did not find out the truth until he was 5, when his 'real' mom got married? Anyone remember reading this here?

I believe this was in regards to Ted Bundy????

I am surprised that this was not mentioned on the brother's FB page. I also wonder how this brother knew that the roommate was not around. We were looking at the FB page right after the arrest and he commented on where was Cody. He must of been in touch with his brother prior to the arrest. Lots of facts that have not come out I think. jmo

can we get the link to that? or is it against the rules to post it? I'm not sure, but I've been looking for it!

I believe this was in regards to Ted Bundy????

Yep, it was old Teddy. I did a google search and similar thing happened to Eric Clampton, and Jack Nicholson.

somewhat O/T, but I was on Fox 5's website & saw the link to a video of John Walsh speaking of precious Jorelys. Thought I would share.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/John-Walsh-Talks-Jorelys-Rivera-20111207-pm-pk

I'm very pleased that they're so sure this guy is the one. I'm really surprised at how quickly & efficiently everything was done. I thought FOR SURE we'd hear some crap of them just "bringing people in for questioning" but with no arrests, as this is how many other cases of precious children being murdered go cold. I'm really anxious to hear what kind of evidence they have that makes them so sure it's him.. must be some sort of DNA evidence since they said they're almost positive it's him.
I definitely didn't see the fact that he's only 20 years old coming into play.. I thought for sure (just based on statistics) we were most likely going to be looking at a white, male, late 30's to early 50's who most likely lived in or around the complex, and who had offended before.
Ever since last night, the theory of the "maintenance man" really started to make a lot of sense. People have said that he's lived there for close to 4 weeks... that's more than enough time allowed to the sick SOB to observe & figure out the times in which she was outside playing, or walking home from school.. and lets be honest, he's probably introduced himself to her in a former instance, and her only being 7 years old, probably thought nothing of it except that it's just him being nice.
I'm 20 years old, and my mind just can't fathom this happening.. sure, 20 years old, you're considered to be an "adult", but you haven't had NEARLY enough time or experience to even know or understand what you're doing with your life..
I'm really just wondering where it came from. If he's never been in trouble with the law (other than underage drinking or whatever), then what on earth made him want to do something like this?! The people that commit crimes as horrible as this was particularly have a very dysfunctional past/childhood... and smaller offenses leading up to the really big one (like this) that they finally get caught & punished for.
I'm sorry, I don't care what any of his family says.. they can talk to interviewer after interviewer until they're blue in the face about how "he'd never do something like this. he has no criminal history!" .. yeah, he may not have a criminal history on file.. but, if LE has this guy, and they're nearly 100% positive this is her killer, then there is a lot his family has left to learn. A 20 year old guy doesn't just out of the blue decide he wants to torture a 7-year old and end her life in the horrendous way he chose to. There just has to be events leading up to this.. whether they went un-noticed, or weren't reported, he's done something before.. and LE, or anyone for that matter, needs to find out what it is. Might I add the fact of how impressed with his life he was? Apparently he was so proud of himself for landing a maintenance job & living in his own place.............................. big deal. Seriously. He was probably living there rent free in exchange for him working around the complex, that's how it goes down 99& of the time.
If he was so proud of himself for living on his own & growing up (according to his FB, thanks JVM), he wouldn't be wasting his time stalking 7 year old girls and torturing them.
I'm also very concerned with how loosely the keys are handed out to employees that work at River Ridge. I know that in order to do his job, you probably WOULD need certain keys in order to make sure every aspect of that position was completed daily. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think handing out keys to vacant apartments and such to a 20 year old BOY who's only been living/working there for a MONTH. I call him a boy because no true MAN would ever have the heart to do something so cold.

It's a rare management company that will give a free apartment in exchange for work - in fact, I have never seen or worked for one. Whatever their discount is, they 99% of the time, make an hourly wage with benefits. Because he was a porter, his job description likely included trashing out vacant apartments - and thus the reason he was given access to this particular apartment. For this reason, I don't think anyone would have thought twice seeing him walk out of that apartment carrying trash bags. I don't get why he didn't cut the mattress up and put it in the dumpster as well.

This boy was a friend of the manager's son. He was so proud of having a job, yet he is 20 - I'd been working 4 years by the time I turned 20. I opine that she gave him a job to give him a break and a place to live, with her son. I also think he's had other jobs and I think a lot will come from the people he previously worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean