Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

I wonder if he has a history of depression or has been depressed lately. I hope this doesn't take a sad turn but I can't help but wonder.

One of my coworkers (who lives 3 miles from him) told me this morning that there was a flyer on her mailbox when she got home last night.

The sightings are interesting....I would like to know more about those. Was he sighted outside in his PJs?

The new information about the possibility that his handgun is missing is worrisome. :(

It is way too cold to be out there somewhere!

One of my coworkers (who lives 3 miles from him) told me this morning that there was a flyer on her mailbox when she got home last night.

The sightings are interesting....I would like to know more about those. Was he sighted outside in his PJs?

The new information about the possibility that his handgun is missing is worrisome. :(

It is way too cold to be out there somewhere!

Agreed! Also, a post/comment on the fb page was asking if they had received a picture from a game camera that they texted in. I wonder what that picture is of.

Just popped up on my FB feed, and there is ANOTHER missing young man in Gwinnett County. Samuel Walters went missing from Lawrenceville this past Sunday. Both disappearances are not far apart at all.

May not be connected, but it is pretty eerie.

Just read on the Kelly Nash Missing facebook page that the family is going to make an official statement at 11 AM and 3 PM (Eastern) today. It did not say where they are making it though (facebook, tv?). I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Just popped up on my FB feed, and there is ANOTHER missing young man in Gwinnett County. Samuel Walters went missing from Lawrenceville this past Sunday. Both disappearances are not far apart at all.

May not be connected, but it is pretty eerie.

I looked for more information on this other missing person. I haven't seen anything. Do you have more details? Lawrenceville is even closer to my house than Buford. I live right on the edge of town.

Just read on the Kelly Nash Missing facebook page that the family is going to make an official statement at 11 AM and 3 PM (Eastern) today. It did not say where they are making it though (facebook, tv?). I will keep my eyes and ears open.

I haven't seen anything yet as to 11 am. Jimmy Dodd Road I've often traveled when atthelake. Has there been any mention of drugs/meth involvement in msm yet?

I haven't seen anything yet as to 11 am. Jimmy Dodd Road I've often traveled when atthelake. Has there been any mention of drugs/meth involvement in msm yet?

I haven't seen anything regarding a statement either. I have not seen any mention of drugs or meth involvement.

Gwinnett police spokesperson Cpl. Michele Pihera said that a couple investigators were in the area Friday doing their own search for Nash who is still considered a missing person.

Nash’s family has established a command post on Commerce Drive in Buford and “is coordinating most of these search efforts,” Pihera said.

Rather than the previously released phone number, all communications and inquiries with the Nash family should now be directed to kellynashmissing@gmail.com. Those with information about Kelly Nash’s whereabouts can also contact Gwinnett County police at 770-513-5300 or the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office at 770-619-6655

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/search-continues-for-buford-man-last-seen-monday/njj7k/

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/jan/08/search-continues-for-missing-buford-man/

New command center found and Private Investigator hired.

Private investigator TJ Ward, perhaps best known for his involvement in the Natalee Holloway missing persons investigation, was contacted by the Nash family on Wednesday and asked to work parallel to local law enforcement. On Friday he was re-interviewing friends and family of Nash, looking for anything that may begin to explain his disappearance. Ward was also looking for possible clues tucked away in Nash’s cellphone, computers and social media accounts.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/jan/09/new-command-center-found-pi-hired-in-search-for/

Still no news. From Kelly Nash Missing FB:
Reminder: If you have any information on Kelly or tips of his whereabouts please send us an e-mail to kellynashmissing ATgmail so that we can pass it along to the appropriate source.

“We’re getting a lot of leads about him dealing with bad people,” private investigator TJ Ward said Monday. “Being in a bad part of Buford the day before.”

His cellphone was home — but Ward said he’s recently learned that Nash may have had a second, “throwaway” phone. The P.I., who is conducting an investigating parallel to that of Gwinnett County police, said he’s also reviewing surveillance footage that may show Nash walking past a nearby Citgo station at about 4:20 a.m. on the day of his disappearance.

Also on Sunday, the family announced that it had established a new anonymous tip line. Anyone with information can now call 404-433-6323, a private line not affiliated with law enforcement.

#Information can also be submitted by emailing kellynashmissing@gmail.com or by calling the Gwinnett County police and Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office tip lines — 770-513-5300 and 770-619-6655, respectively.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/jan/12/private-investigator-tips-point-to-missing-buford/

I live quite close to this area - same county, just a few towns away. What in the world did he get into if the PI is correct? Looking at Jimmy Dodd Rd., it is awful close to the Lake, and we've had lower than average temps recently. I can't help but think he's in the lake and will show up once our temperatures get back into the high 50s in the next week. I hope I am wrong, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

Also of note: Nash is common surname in Gwinnett County, Georgia. Most are related, even if distantly. I personally know 5 Nashes and I'm a transplant. This kid most likely had a wide, extended network of family.

A private investigator reportedly told a local newspaper on Monday, January 12, that Nash may have been seen the day before he disappeared in a rough part of Buford talking with some bad people. The private eye later denied he said that. According to Nash's family, Gwinnett County Police told them there is no evidence that Nash was associating with anyone "bad."

Nash appeared on surveillance video at a Citgo station at Buford Dam Road and Little Mill Road, around the corner from his house, at about 9:00 p.m. the night before his disappearance. In the footage, Nash was wearing his pajamas under his jacket. He was on the phone with his live-in girlfriend, making sure that he picked up everything they needed. He made it home uneventfully. But by 7:30 the next morning, Nash was gone. He left without his wallet, money, credit cards, ID, phone, and pickup truck. He was possibly still in his pajamas.

The convenience store video at about 4:30 the morning that Kelly disappeared does show a grainy, dark image outside, of someone passing by, but no one can tell who it is.

Kelly Nash owned a gun at one point -- a Glock 9mm. No one has been able to find it, but no one is sure if he even still owned it.

Kelly Nash worked at his father's construction business. He was a full time college student about to earn his accounting degree. He spent what free time he had with his girlfriend, Jessica.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/buford/2015/01/12/kelly-nash-missing/21672147/
video at link

635566969833724987-Still0112-00007.jpg

Thanks for this update, Jersey. I felt the statements yesterday were quite odd and unprofessional, so the retraction doesn't really surprise me. Doesn't really reassure me, either, but I'm holding out hope. (Actually, the investigator statements reminded me a little of those made by the PI on the Leanne Bearden case. Just...off.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back