GA - Roger Stephens for slapping stranger's 2yo girl, Stone Mountain, 2009

Even sitting strapped in an airplane seat next to the loudest, most obnoxious two-year-old in the world, whose parents are reading magazines and ignoring the situation, you're not allowed to slap the baby. :nono:

Heck, you're not even allowed to slap adults just because they're loud and annoying.

BBM. This is, by far, the more tempting option. I understand whiny children in the grocery store. Whiny adults might deserve a slap or two, but I manage to restrain myself.

Oh, HELLLLLL NO! There is no way that he would still be standing. I would beat the everliving crap out of him.

Newsflash to the creep: Uh, babies CRY. It's what they do. Babies and young kids are all over WalMart. I hate evil kidhaters. Sure, a crying baby can get irritating, but that's just the way it is.

OMG that Walmart is minutes from my in-laws house and VERY close to where I used to live in Atlanta. What a horrible story! What a moron, why do people think hitting a baby will stop them from crying. :furious:

OMG that Walmart is minutes from my in-laws house and VERY close to where I used to live in Atlanta. What a horrible story! What a moron, why do people think hitting a baby will stop them from crying. :furious:

I know! It seems really counter-intuitive, doesn't it? "Hey, you're crying. Let's slap you and see if that makes you feel less like crying!" Moron.

I guess we can see how charming his family was when he was a kid. Might explain the scowl.

(BTW, I am not excusing his behaviour by that.)

This is bizarre. Who does that kind of thing? The man looks like he has a permanent scowl on his face.

BBM. This is, by far, the more tempting option. I understand whiny children in the grocery store. Whiny adults might deserve a slap or two, but I manage to restrain myself.

I see whiny and crying children all the time at the grocery store too. They may be tired, bored, want something they see, or just want to go home. The children that are two or three may not have all the words to express what it is they want, so they cry. Never once have I witnessed another shopper or mother of the child use physical violence.

I hope they throw the book at him! Wonder if he may have been homeless or had a drug problem. It's so out of the norm for a stranger to slap a little baby.

I don't know what this guy was thinking.

Walmart carries ammo and lots of people with concealed weapons permits frequent Walmart. He's lucky he did not pick the wrong Mommy in this Walmart.

:winko:

BBM:

Yea, that would be me. Proud concealed weapon carrier since 19....wait..not gonna age myself. :blushing:
Just the wrong kind of mommy he coulda picked. :)

HLN just reported that this man is being held in jail without bond.

They showed him standing in court. He's looking a bit nervous to me. His face was twitching.

They showed him standing in court. He's looking a bit nervous to me. His face was twitching.

This guy is likely a powder keg.

He slapped a defenseless child because they were just that, defenseless. Mean is a good word-Insane is probably a better one. I am curious as to what there was about this mom and child that made him think he could take that approach-maybe there wasnt anything about them, but I cannot fathom the idea that some stranger would walk up to me and slap a child of mine.

O/T An employee reprimanded one of my children in a card store once, although it was obvious that the child was with me. My child was close to me and picking something up-I am not being defensive, that is really all that happened. I asked the employee to speak to me instead of my child-well, apparently I hit whatever her buzzword or achilles heel there was-suddenly she was shrieking in my face, spitting and threatening to strike me-she called me curse words....it was surreal. I called the manager over and then the district manager-turns out she was mentally ill and living in a half way house. The half way house had obtained this job for her claiming she had people skills. Uh huh. Needless to say, they let her go and my children were given free webkinz as an apology for the scene she caused. They were petrified by this womans behavior-what I thought was even funnier was the behavior of the one male who was near by-instead of coming to my aid, he was frozen in place. It was lovely, lol.

He slapped a defenseless child because they were just that, defenseless. Mean is a good word-Insane is probably a better one. I am curious as to what there was about this mom and child that made him think he could take that approach-maybe there wasnt anything about them, but I cannot fathom the idea that some stranger would walk up to me and slap a child of mine.

O/T An employee reprimanded one of my children in a card store once, although it was obvious that the child was with me. My child was close to me and picking something up-I am not being defensive, that is really all that happened. I asked the employee to speak to me instead of my child-well, apparently I hit whatever her buzzword or achilles heel there was-suddenly she was shrieking in my face, spitting and threatening to strike me-she called me curse words....it was surreal. I called the manager over and then the district manager-turns out she was mentally ill and living in a half way house. The half way house had obtained this job for her claiming she had people skills. Uh huh. Needless to say, they let her go and my children were given free webkinz as an apology for the scene she caused. They were petrified by this womans behavior-what I thought was even funnier was the behavior of the one male who was near by-instead of coming to my aid, he was frozen in place. It was lovely, lol.
'

that's funny about the male in the story...same thing happened to me with a group of girls who were trying to return some stuff to a store and they got denied and started a big hoopla cussing and throwing stuff around. i politely turned around and asked them to stop because they were scaring my child and it just set them OFF! it was a horrible thing for my daughter to see, but the first one that touched me ate the store floor quick and that seemed to shut the other ones up. i'm not proud of having to resort to that type of thing, but i refuse to be intimidated and bullied by people, so i tried to explain it to my daughter in that respect. like my dad always said, don't start a fight, but you can finish it. what was funny was that it was the female clerks who came out and shielded my daughter best they could. all of the male clerks just stood there frozen....

back to on-topic, yeah i would have whipped that old man's azz..no doubt. i can't believe that he did that. i've seen older people get really grumpy with children and their parents, but actually physically touching someone else's child, much less slapping?! BIG no-no.

As a side note, when I hear kids whining in stores, I usually think how lucky they are to still be able to verbalize how annoying and boring it is to be there, while I am stuck being an adult and not throwing my toys around because I would rather leave than wait in line.

I envy the immediacy of baby emotions.

No problem slapping a baby, but funny he didn't resist the men stopping him from leaving... cowardass.

He might have wanted to be arrested.

A guy in the news was put on parole. He wanted back in, but they wouldn't take him. He claimed the victums family was out to get him. So he tried to break back in. By climbing over the razorsharp fence.

Of course, that broke his parole and they will take him back now. When he gets out of the hospital.

This might be a case of a guy wanting a free place to live.

He might have wanted to be arrested.

A guy in the news was put on parole. He wanted back in, but they wouldn't take him. He claimed the victums family was out to get him. So he tried to break back in. By climbing over the razorsharp fence.

Of course, that broke his parole and they will take him back now. When he gets out of the hospital.

This might be a case of a guy wanting a free place to live.

Ahh, so he figured it was a win/win ?

They should lock him up in a psych ward! He looks crazy in that photo.

slapper_244633l.jpg

I would never blame the mother for this but if this guy was in an aisle with me I'd skeedattle, kid or no kid with me. The guy oozes creepyness. :eek:

:boohoo:

My guess is because the father wasn't with them. If the father was with them and was 6'4" 250 I'm almost positive this wouldn't have happened. The guys a coward. He is going to be a pariah in his community and that-is-as-it-should-be! :loser:

If he gets prison time the other inmates aren't gonna look too kindly on the beating of a strangers child. :furious:

NG is gonna be real interesting tonight!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

He ought to be nervous!

Hoppy

slapper_244633l.jpg

I would never blame the mother for this but if this guy was in an aisle with me I'd skeedattle, kid or no kid with me. The guy oozes creepyness. :eek:

:boohoo:

My guess is because the father wasn't with them. If the father was with them and was 6'4" 250 I'm almost positive this wouldn't have happened. The guys a coward. He is going to be a pariah in his community and that-is-as-it-should-be! :loser:

If he gets prison time the other inmates aren't gonna look too kindly on the beating of a strangers child. :furious:

NG is gonna be real interesting tonight!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

Good point Steely Dan!

Never thought of that! If she had been with her husband, this nutcase would never have struck that baby girl. Or if he tried, he'd sure get a beating!!!! :eek:

If I were there, he would have left the store crying on a gurney. WTF. Seriously. I am not, by nature, a violent person but man it sends me over the edge when I see someone being abusive whether to a child or another person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back