GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning, there was speculation that the man seen in the front yard was using the hose to clean the blood off his knife/hands. Good to know that it was a white male. There could have been DNA on the hose and the faucet.

The towels may have been used to hold the shoulders up so they would have the right angle to completely cut off the head. Can towels have touch DNA on them or would the surface be too rough?
I have gone back through my notes and some maybe most of the news articles and can't find a name for the hostesses of the party although I believe they also found the body. And no guest list or anyone mentioned that had attended. I believe the couple that hosted the party lived a mile or more from the Drumonds. I wonder if the towels were brought there, which would suggest they knew eactly what they were going to do or if they belonged to the Drumonds. I do believe these vicious killers spent a lot of time at the home. JMO

Hey Law, I believe you are correct, ive looked for the couples name nad it was never mentioned.. First SS stated they lived about a mile from teh Dermonds, i searched lists of those that held the derby party but no one lived nearby, BUT LATER< SS stated with phillip holloway interview that they lived 2 miles away from D's....if you have any host list and invitations, can you share? I did post some back somehwere before....just will have to dig....curious who they were but I really dont think they were involved due to age.....

another thing, those that were cleared, WELLL, several were cleared in the tara grinstead case too, but now they are under arrest..............SOOO, that means nothing to me, the clearings and polygraphs,why they aren't adnmitted in a court of law, unreliable by a true psychopath capable of lying and believing them so easily himself with such ease and without skipping a heartbeat or breaking a sweat

I have wondered howl ong they were there to Law.....what did you suspect, I just cant believe they hauled her away in daylight but you know what?? Who, but WHO THE HECK would stop them or say or suspect anything if they did, until after the fact and they'd say "oh i saw a man on teh lawn" lol............like yeah I saw Mrs D getting on a boat with.....and its too late, just like the man on the lawn....no one knew htat was happening
I have gone back through my notes and some maybe most of the news articles and can't find a name for the hostesses of the party although I believe they also found the body. And no guest list or anyone mentioned that had attended. I believe the couple that hosted the party lived a mile or more from the Drumonds. I wonder if the towels were brought there, which would suggest they knew eactly what they were going to do or if they belonged to the Drumonds. I do believe these vicious killers spent a lot of time at the home. JMO

I still think it was someone that either worked for them in the past or was related to them. Can't say the other option because it will be deleted

Hey Law, I believe you are correct, ive looked for the couples name nad it was never mentioned.. First SS stated they lived about a mile from teh Dermonds, i searched lists of those that held the derby party but no one lived nearby, BUT LATER< SS stated with phillip holloway interview that they lived 2 miles away from D's....if you have any host list and invitations, can you share? I did post some back somehwere before....just will have to dig....curious who they were but I really dont think they were involved due to age.....

another thing, those that were cleared, WELLL, several were cleared in the tara grinstead case too, but now they are under arrest..............SOOO, that means nothing to me, the clearings and polygraphs,why they aren't adnmitted in a court of law, unreliable by a true psychopath capable of lying and believing them so easily himself with such ease and without skipping a heartbeat or breaking a sweat

I have wondered howl ong they were there to Law.....what did you suspect, I just cant believe they hauled her away in daylight but you know what?? Who, but WHO THE HECK would stop them or say or suspect anything if they did, until after the fact and they'd say "oh i saw a man on teh lawn" lol............like yeah I saw Mrs D getting on a boat with.....and its too late, just like the man on the lawn....no one knew htat was happening

Mr. D was seen on Friday, so these murderers could have gone to the home Friday night or early in the day Saturday. I do think Mrs. D was taken out of the house during the night and possibly Mr. D was still alive or she was killed at the home also and then taken away. Seems like many of their friends and possibly neighbors would have been at the party, so may not have been any comings or goings where they lived, quite and peaceful....not!

I agree!! No one was around, perfect timing

Did you See Philip Holloway posted that there was gunshot residue on Mr D's upper shirt near where the neck was cut??? Reason for decapitation if true.....the reason they took the head....not a message, just couldn;t haul the body with no head, could have hauled the body first but panicked maybe? can't haul something that big bleeding into your car........Still....the "who" was behind it all......knew about the Derby party.............
Sworn Podcast
1 hr
Just to clarify several questions - I can confirm the presence of gun shot residue on the shirt Mr. Dermond was wearing at the time his body was found. The residue was on and / or near the neckline of the shirt - near the point of the decapitation. That's why I think it's more than plausible that I believe he was shot in the head. PH

FACEBOOK SWORN PODCAST
Mr. D was seen on Friday, so these murderers could have gone to the home Friday night or early in the day Saturday. I do think Mrs. D was taken out of the house during the night and possibly Mr. D was still alive or she was killed at the home also and then taken away. Seems like many of their friends and possibly neighbors would have been at the party, so may not have been any comings or goings where they lived, quite and peaceful....not!

I agree!! No one was around, perfect timing

Did you See Philip Holloway posted that there was gunshot residue on Mr D's upper shirt near where the neck was cut??? Reason for decapitation if true.....the reason they took the head....not a message, just couldn;t haul the body with no head, could have hauled the body first but panicked maybe? can't haul something that big bleeding into your car........Still....the "who" was behind it all......knew about the Derby party.............
Sworn Podcast
1 hr
Just to clarify several questions - I can confirm the presence of gun shot residue on the shirt Mr. Dermond was wearing at the time his body was found. The residue was on and / or near the neckline of the shirt - near the point of the decapitation. That's why I think it's more than plausible that I believe he was shot in the head. PH

FACEBOOK SWORN PODCAST
Yes, I think he was shot in head also, but was Mrs. D. still alive or already deceased. I do think whoever did this spent a good bit of time at the house, were they trying to get info from them or just pure torture........Who could hate two elderly people that much?

Horrible crime whoever did it and for whatever reasons....they knew about the derby party and knew they were secluded and knew the neighbors were in asia......I never believed he was shot, but after we discussed another scenario I believed it could be so....whether that scenario we discussed or not BUT, i saw how that could be a possibility....NOW, there WAS indeed gunshot residue on his shirt, upper by the neck but very little.............I dont think Mr D was a hunter or a shooter but it was before he was dressed so likely not his shooting shirt anyway.........God I hope not torture, of course the whole thing was torturous......I dont know how they took her off unless at night......by car too risky, dead or alive.....IMO......but not much blood splatter so that means there was some. Does that mean a small caliber gun adn point blank range or small caliber gun at distance? Which doesnt make sense at a distance, might miss..........thinking about the gun shot residue.....why so little?
Yes, I think he was shot in head also, but was Mrs. D. still alive or already deceased. I do think whoever did this spent a good bit of time at the house, were they trying to get info from them or just pure torture........Who could hate two elderly people that much?

Gunshot residue can travel over 3–5 feet (0.9–1.5 meters) from the gun. At the farthest distance, only a few trace particles may be present.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunshot_residue

Hmmm, the further away the fewer the particles..........ok, so......A .22 at a distance, since there was not much blood splatter? Would that cause a bullet to lodge, something of that caliber at a distance?

GSR is the consistency of flour and typically only stays on the hands of a living person for 4–6 hours. Wiping the hands on anything, even putting them in and out of pockets can transfer GSR off the hands. Victims don't always get GSR on them; even suicide victims can test negative for GSR. from wickipedia

Wonder if they are referring to a living person who shot a gun or a deceased person who was shot adn would it stay on someone's clothing longer.?

AS FAR as this case goes, MRs D wasn't shot, assuming the blood on the floor of garage was Mr. D's by DNA testing...Otherwise with the minimal GSR, hoping the detectives tested teh splatter and the pooled blood

Gunshot residue can travel over 3–5 feet (0.9–1.5 meters) from the gun. At the farthest distance, only a few trace particles may be present.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunshot_residue

Hmmm, the further away the fewer the particles..........ok, so......A .22 at a distance, since there was not much blood splatter? Would that cause a bullet to lodge, something of that caliber at a distance?

In the above post I was suggesting that maybe a living person who used their hands daily that the GSR might wear as opposed to a deceased person, but wondered if it would stay on clothing longer, as long as clothing wasn't washed......

Either way on the gunshot, does this still look very well planned out, if you read theconversations, finding the GSR doesn't mean he was shot but SS thinks he was now, in the beginnnig he didnt think that but probably didnt have the forensics back yet....so kudos to all those who thought the beheading was to hide evidence.....After another scenario, i began to believe such but now with the GSR, it certainly appears that it was for this reason

Still seems very well planned out to me though

In the above post I was suggesting that maybe a living person who used their hands daily that the GSR might wear as opposed to a deceased person, but wondered if it would stay on clothing longer, as long as clothing wasn't washed......

Either way on the gunshot, does this still look very well planned out, if you read theconversations, finding the GSR doesn't mean he was shot but SS thinks he was now, in the beginnnig he didnt think that but probably didnt have the forensics back yet....so kudos to all those who thought the beheading was to hide evidence.....After another scenario, i began to believe such but now with the GSR, it certainly appears that it was for this reason

Still seems very well planned out to me though
Shooting Mr. D. doesn't make sense. Why make such a noise when you don't have to? And why wasn't Mrs. D. shot? She was banged over the head which caused her death as it did in Mr. D's death. IMO

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Hi everyone~ came across this by accident & caught my attention since I live and work very close to Reynolds. Just wondering if the drugs has already been discussed by everyone that's been posting here and researching? I can't go back and read so many posts. I just know what neighbors around here think happened.

Hi everyone~ came across this by accident & caught my attention since I live and work very close to Reynolds. Just wondering if the drugs has already been discussed by everyone that's been posting here and researching? I can't go back and read so many posts. I just know what neighbors around here think happened.

:welcome: I can't speak for everyone, but I would like to hear what the locals believe went down. It's a shame their murderer or murderers have not been brought to justice yet.

I also would like to know what the local people believe happened and especially those from the homes in the community. There is always those "Now that I think about it, looking back, this or that was a sign." But not much participation as far as locals pushing for this to be solved. JMO

You mean like a relative who had a drug problem and demanded money and they refused? They already had been through that with the son who was killed. JMO

Welcome Tax247! We would love to hear what you have heard from the locals. With so much time passing and no solutions, the locals thoughts will be much closer to the truth. IMO.

After all, in a small community, where people have lived for many years, their lives are pretty well known. We look forward to hearing back from you.:seeya:

Im stumped.....they said GSR was on his shirt near the color but very little....was Mr D a shooter, was he out target practicing that morning in his boxers and t shirt with robe? SS thinks he was shot AND the head was taken for evidence....Philip Holloway agrees with most everytghing SS says.....but he did say GSR doesnt mean he was shot........WHAT SAY YA'LL.........GO!!!!!

AND ID be interested to hear the RP folks too, NO ONE has been on here speaking out....WHAT DO YALL KNOW OR HEAR?

THANKS!

Shooting Mr. D. doesn't make sense. Why make such a noise when you don't have to? And why wasn't Mrs. D. shot? She was banged over the head which caused her death as it did in Mr. D's death. IMO

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

near the COLLAR ....
Im stumped.....they said GSR was on his shirt near the color but very little....was Mr D a shooter, was he out target practicing that morning in his boxers and t shirt with robe? SS thinks he was shot AND the head was taken for evidence....Philip Holloway agrees with most everytghing SS says.....but he did say GSR doesnt mean he was shot........WHAT SAY YA'LL.........GO!!!!!

AND ID be interested to hear the RP folks too, NO ONE has been on here speaking out....WHAT DO YALL KNOW OR HEAR?

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member