GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the podcast, I was a little taken aback that one grandchild did receive a portion of the Dermond's estate, albeit smaller than the children. Was this person the relative that lied to SS?

The other day I questioned why blood splatter (related to gunshot) wasn't discussed in the podcast, but now I realize that while they "think" RD was shot, they don't know where either victim was actually killed.

Also, the perps are supposedly unfamiliar with the home, but yet they ARE familiar with the lake?

“We don’t have a motive and we still can’t say for absolute certain that they were killed in their home because of the lack of evidence we found there,” Sills said. “We could never determine the actual crime scenes in this case.”

http://www.unionrecorder.com/news/m...cle_61ab3de4-3418-11e7-bd88-efd7081794ab.html

“... considering the location of the Dermonds’ home, which overlooks a narrow peninsula off Lake Oconee, the killers “knew exactly where they were going and how to get there,” Sills said.

That doesn’t necessarily mean the perpetrators are local but does indicate a solid familiarity with the the lake, which they most likely traversed in the dark."

http://www.unionrecorder.com/news/m...cle_61ab3de4-3418-11e7-bd88-efd7081794ab.html

From the podcast, I was a little taken aback that one grandchild did receive a portion of the Dermond's estate, albeit smaller than the children. Was this person the relative that lied to SS?

I've always wondered which one lied... would be interesting, if you're correct.

The only thing we gained from this podcast is that there was a WHITE male seen saturday on the dermonds lawn, there was gunshot residue on dermonds collar AND there was netting used, he was clearly beheaded in the garage................other than that, if I remembered it all, Philip Holloway doesnt know a thing adn ahs not looked at this liek we all have and was only doing a podcast recountying SS same old facts........................

Extortion doesnt' make sense because most banks are closed or close at noon on Saturday

I just keep going back to the one person whom I suggested was leading the investigation by suggesting it was a cult, who also had a lien on his property before the D's died and was then paid off a year after the Dermonds died and who lives in FL where they use NETTING on fishing boats.....Fishermen are quite adept with knives especially if into deep sea fishing and filet (ing) your catch which are typically big'ns like 35 lbs or much much more............

The reason SS went to FL is possibly due to the netting evidence on the cinder blocks holding SD under water......

Just some thoughts...

Im done being indecisive, if Im wrong Im wrong but what I have found seems to fit very nicely and WHO ELSE would know SO MUCH about the D's habits, whereabouts and the neighbors whereabouts................
I actually can entertain this theory but why do I keep going back to the other murders in this area and the connections among those. Maybe nothing to it but the real estate agent, VS I believe, ruled accidental, close to the same time, possibly was the real estate agent for the Drummonds when they purchased their home. I do know they both had an acquaintance that was the same. I don't know, her death ruled accidental, no further word, quick and simple. Fell off her dock, and drowned not far from the Drummonds home although it was in Lake Sinclair I believe. Just my thoughts. Sometimes I just need to roll and scroll.......

I just now realized I missed a few of Dancinunderthemoon's posts a few pages back. Combined they seem to put everything together! My posts are rather obsolete. Sorry I was late "getting it"

Interesting.

Bootscooter, HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THAT!? 1st or 2nd? Who's child? Or did it not say? WHy did one child recieve and not others? were the others given something prior and not this one? Maybe I need to relisten to both.....................

Lawdog I know what you mean.....on the other hand with this agent, we dont konw that she didnt witness something.....not sure about the others but I was thinking the same thing early on, I just dont know how it would tie all tegther and with my constant thoughts they keep putting together a theory, like I lat posted.....I'll keep digging but it always comes full circle in my head.........where is TAX247, they just jumped **** again, that's weird..........
I actually can entertain this theory but why do I keep going back to the other murders in this area and the connections among those. Maybe nothing to it but the real estate agent, VS I believe, ruled accidental, close to the same time, possibly was the real estate agent for the Drummonds when they purchased their home. I do know they both had an acquaintance that was the same. I don't know, her death ruled accidental, no further word, quick and simple. Fell off her dock, and drowned not far from the Drummonds home although it was in Lake Sinclair I believe. Just my thoughts. Sometimes I just need to roll and scroll.......

AND WE WOULD ACTUALLY be making this harder than it is...........we still dont have all the facts.............that netting though, the netting...............
Lawdog I know what you mean.....on the other hand with this agent, we dont konw that she didnt witness something.....not sure about the others but I was thinking the same thing early on, I just dont know how it would tie all tegther and with my constant thoughts they keep putting together a theory, like I lat posted.....I'll keep digging but it always comes full circle in my head.........where is TAX247, they just jumped **** again, that's weird..........

I was thinking that RE agent was about mid lake sinclair, dont remember exact location but quite a ways from the Dermonds, and wasn't TOO terribly far from us at the time.............another thing, I do recall there was someone that was a mutual friend! He was weird IIRC LOL.........

all the blood on the garage floor that Mr D was dragged thru leaving foot drag marks............i wonder........were there any shoe prints? ANY, partial shoe prints? Why did they drag him a few feet thru that blood lying him nearer the garage door with towels stuffed around the body as if to stop the flow of blood out under the garage door? IF he had been shot or bludgeoned outside the garage, then dragged him into the garage, there wouldnt be all that blood there since I bleieve that was his blood due to beheading in the garage......why is Philip Holloway saying that he was killed elsewhere, maybe outside but not across town or otherwise. Originally I thought maybe they dragged him to reposition the body for beheading but then we find out the blood was on the garage floor already....so.....why drag him? was he actually shot in the garage? Some bullets do not exit, they explode or curl somehow once they penetrate and do not exit, so WHY is it impossible to believe that he was shot in the garage........thanks

Bootscooter, HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THAT!? 1st or 2nd? Who's child? Or did it not say? WHy did one child recieve and not others? were the others given something prior and not this one? Maybe I need to relisten to both.....................

It was on the last one. I'll try to link it again. He did not say which grandchild. I wondered if Mark did have a child... Just speculating since he was murdered that the grandchild received his portion of the estate. It was not as much as the 2 sons and daughter received so I really don't understand unless it was MD's child.

The netting is a good catch - a very good clue to whomever did this too.

Re listening to the podcast...all this time I thought the way the cut was described had something to do with where being a clue to the killer......BUT instead.....clean cut, but not surgical though the cut mostly followed the line of the collar of the t shirt but not exaclty................SIMPLY means RD was NOT HACKED with a sickle or ax or such..and the beheading was not accidental by slitting the throat so forcefully ......EXACTLY WHY SS said IT WAS A HUNTER OR FISHERMAN.....REMEMBER THE NETTING AND JACKSONVILLE i s on the atlantic sea coast

It is the closing statement and the speaker's summary of the interview. I'm listening again and I will try to post the time when they talk about the Dermond's estate.

[video=youtube;txG9ny9HkZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txG9ny9HkZQ[/video]

I believe hollow point bullets would be less likely to exit after being fired. Maybe there is a hunter here who can confirm that information about bullets.

SS says they polygraphed all three of the remaining children. All passed. See 11:58 in the linked video for SS talking about the estate and the children.

:gaah: Having trouble posting. I think (no link unfortunately) that Mr. D was shot right outside or close to the garage and then dragged inside where the killer would behead him. Had to be a hunter or fisherman - maybe someone with butchering skills - if it was as clean as SS described.

Thanks for letting me know which part contained the grandchilds inheritance, gonna re listen to the whole thing.. PH seemed to be just quoting SS IMO, just wish we had more infor to back it up.....but I think right outside or inside is hwere it occurred... Also thinking hollow point but was talking to someone and they mentinoed the others, dont know what they're called....I had brought this up earlier in thread in regards to criminals and .22 ....since very little GSR was present around the collar , seems to indicate he was shot, but no one will say for sure, esp PH, that would seem indicate the shooter was further away and not PBR, how far would an expert in guns say the shooter was from MR D when he was shot and bullet lodged.........if that's indeed what happened

Yes I've heard all of that about the children, some people can pass a polygraph so Im not going to trust it right now 100%, like SS said, " never say never" in regards to someone who thought seemed not to have anything to do with it, might not have been HER but maybe another...
I believe hollow point bullets would be less likely to exit after being fired. Maybe there is a hunter here who can confirm that information about bullets.

SS says they polygraphed all three of the remaining children. All passed. See 11:58 in the linked video for SS talking about the estate and the children.

:gaah: Having trouble posting. I think (no link unfortunately) that Mr. D was shot right outside or close to the garage and then dragged inside where the killer would behead him. Had to be a hunter or fisherman - maybe someone with butchering skills - if it was as clean as SS described.

Thank you bootscoot.

BUT wait, PH just said @ about 3.21....Mr Dermond FOUGHT off the perp and that's what caused the defensive wound to his hand,

NOW IIRC, the kids told SS Mr D had a war wound to his finger or something.....

IIRC SS said he had NO OTHER wounds to his body

If he physically FOUGHT these perps with guns and weapons, he'd have way more wounds anyway

Anybody have a differnt memory or view of this?

It is the closing statement and the speaker's summary of the interview. I'm listening again and I will try to post the time when they talk about the Dermond's estate.

[video=youtube;txG9ny9HkZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txG9ny9HkZQ[/video]

I remember hearing about the war wound to his finger early on.

I
Certainly there is a way to hit someone on the head, killing them with little or no blood on the outside. IMO he was outside the garage, was unaware that he was about to be hit on the head and was then quickly dragged into the garage with the door down where the perps could prepare, at there own pace, to behead him. Stuffing towels against the garage doors makes sense as blood seeping into the driveway may have alerted someone to the scene inside.

Also, I believe one of the sons resides in Fl. And, imo, that is why SS went there. To possibly check the son's business books.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Definitely all I remember was the missing finger early on. Hard to hear that there was a defensive wound. Mr. D saw "it" coming unfortunately. Nothing amiss in the home except for the lamp shade being tilted, so some kind of struggle went on in the home. The killer or killers did have time to clean up after the fact though (murdered on Sat and not found until Tues). Not sure who would do that unless it was personal. Then again if it was personal fingerprints and fibers could be explained. IIRC, Mrs. D was dressed for the day and Mr. D had his boxers and a t-shirt on? Soooo, did they get Mrs. D first in the home? But Mr. D heard something and went outside to look around for Mrs. D and is that when he was shot or hit in the head? That does not sound like an extortion attempt to me unless it was just bungled very, very badly (think Fargo). Perhaps they were attempting to take Mr. D elsewhere and once outside he turned to try to take the gun away from the killer and that is when he got shot. Does that make sense?

Repeating myself here, but the 3 remaining Dermond children inherited the estate and 1 grandchild received a small amount of money. Odd that all of the grandchildren were not given the same amount of money. Perhaps Mr. & Mrs. D never had the chance to revise their will to include all of the grandchildren.

The profiler person says whomever did this was very forensically aware and see people as objects (mannequins). Somebody that is probably in their late 30s/early 40s. This was planned out on paper like a military exercise. They planned to cut his head off before ever stepping on the property. Really personal. A lot of hate. Personal revenge and sought retribution against Mr. D.

SS wouldn't elaborate on the DNA test results. No surprise there!

Per SS, there seems to be no nexus between the person who murdered Mark D to the murders of Mr. & Mrs. D. He was never up for parole and there were no letters written by Mr. & Mrs. D regarding the killer. They did not attend the murder trial.

If you had a Reynolds sticker on your windshield you were waved thru the gate. No bar at the gate in 2014. Contractors went in and out of Reynolds constantly. If you were expecting company you called and notified the gate they were coming. Could have come by boat or it also could have happened by ground transportation. ? I'm surprised SS still won't commit to the killers coming strictly by boat (well not really surprised).

Physical evidence at the scene showed the garage doors were shut at the time of the decapitation procedure. Towels from inside the home were used to stop the blood from flowing under the doors to outside where anyone could have seen the blood.

I still have 2 more podcasts to listen to. I agree about not much of anything new. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves