GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's strange that they listed her date of death as being the same day as Russell's. IIRC, Sills and the FBI referred to Shirley as being Missing/Abducted until the fishermen discovered her body in the lake. Did LE know all along that she had been murdered the same day as Russell?

I don't know. Good question. I'll have to check Russell's date of death too, but I think it was the 6th too. That was Tuesday the day he was found. Were they both killed on Tuesday? I've been thinking all along it happened Friday night which have been May 2nd or Saturday May 3rd.

These 3 events keep rolling around in my head:

#1. Derby Party - Saturday, May 3rd. Dermonds did not show. Someone called and no one answered the phone.

#2. Church - Sunday, May 4th. Dermonds did not show. No one checked on them.

#3. Tuesday - May 6th - time for Shirley's bridge game - neighbor calls when Russ doesn't show up at his house to read to the neighbor.

Wow, that's strange that they listed her date of death as being the same day as Russell's. IIRC, Sills and the FBI referred to Shirley as being Missing/Abducted until the fishermen discovered her body in the lake. Did LE know all along that she had been murdered the same day as Russell?

I noticed her date of death when I read the obit. I wondered at the time if maybe the autopsy revealed any information. jmo

"neatly severed indicating the work of professionals."

Okay my theory about it being law enforcement went out the window and now we are back to the medical profession. Oh boy! I need some antacid.

or maybe someone schooled in the surgical field, not necessarily with people, but perhaps animals, maybe equines, since it was so close to the Kentucky Derby time period, and the family had an association to equines.
Just throwing out ideas, and IMOO,.
A link below about horses:

"Paige said Dermond’s family meant the most to Dermond. “She talked a lot about her daughter and her daughter’s horses.” "

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

or maybe someone schooled in the surgical field, not necessarily with people, but perhaps animals, maybe equines, since it was so close to the Kentucky Derby time period, and the family had an association to equines.

"Paige said Dermond’s family meant the most to Dermond. “She talked a lot about her daughter and her daughter’s horses.” "

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

Yes, yes, yes! I totally agree! There's just something about that Kentucky Derby party that bothers the heck out of me. FRUSTRATING! :moo: :banghead:

I don't know. Good question. I'll have to check Russell's date of death too, but I think it was the 6th too. That was Tuesday the day he was found. Were they both killed on Tuesday? I've been thinking all along it happened Friday night which have been May 2nd or Saturday May 3rd.

These 3 events keep rolling around in my head:

#1. Derby Party - Saturday, May 3rd. Dermonds did not show. Someone called and no one answered the phone.

#2. Church - Sunday, May 4th. Dermonds did not show. No one checked on them.

#3. Tuesday - May 6th - time for Shirley's bridge game - neighbor calls when Russ doesn't show up at his house to read to the neighbor.

I have seen other cases where they have used the Found date for the obituary. Was Katelyn Markham's case like that?
IMOO.

ETA I must be mistaken about Katelyn Markham because I found the facebook page with the cross for her and the cross does not say the date she was found.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingKatelynMarkham

I have seen other cases where they have used the Found date for the obituary. Was Katelyn Markham's case like that?
IMOO.

Oh, I don't know. I did not follow that case, but I did follow Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey's abduction and murder case. They both have the deceased date as the date they were abducted - July 13th, 2012. And, it was assumed when the FBI came in a week later and said they BELIEVED the girls were still ALIVE that everything just went haywire.

I don't know what to think. I'll look up Katelyn Markham's case. We need FoxFire and Ocean Blue Eyes and mck16 and everyone to chime in on this.

"Posted: 1:49 p.m. Friday, June 13, 2014"
"Sheriff: Elderly couple’s murders still a mystery"

"The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Six weeks after Russell and Shirley Dermond were killed, one of the more baffling murder mysteries in recent memory is no closer to being solved."
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/sheriff-elderly-couples-murders-still-a-mystery/ngKyD/

OH WOW That's not Good.....,For ANY One

Who Would Do Such , Yet Leave No Clues??

With That, Is There Any That Could Be Ruled Out?

Was Hoping For Good News Soon!

So Nithing Came Out Of "Plausible Big If" Leads?

I noticed her date of death when I read the obit. I wondered at the time if maybe the autopsy revealed any information. jmo

Good point. The ME most likely determined her date of death as the same day as Russell's.

Okay, if this was someone associated with horses, veterinarian or otherwise (maybe somebody had broken into a vet's office and stolen this med) could have access to horse tranquilizer. Now that is a POWERFUL drug. My mare cut her hoof and foot on a barbed wire fence so bad one time we had to call the vet out and there were 4 of us in attendance. He said she's gonna want to lay down when I give her this shot, but she cannot lay down (17 hand horse and over 1,000 pounds). Oh Baby! Did she want to lay down - yes she did - but we managed to keep her on her feet!! Poor baby! What if the Dermonds were drugged with horse tranquilizer? Have the tox reports come back yet, but not released?

“They were at least minimally acquainted with whoever did this,” Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Tuesday. “That’s an assumption, coupled with some physical evidence.”

“For everything that looks professional, there’s something that isn’t,” Sills said. “This is not the work of some drug-crazed individuals, and this is not some professional assassin.”

Some red lights keep flashing to me.

1 – Mr. D was left at the home so his death could be verified quickly.
2 – Mrs. D was hauled away to confuse the investigation, but hidden in a way that she too would be discovered.
3 – I wonder if a good hit man could mask his work to make SS think it wasn’t a hit.
4 – Why would the Ds know a hit man? Maybe they didn’t know the hitter, but this appears to me to be a two man job. Maybe they knew one of the men. Maybe that man hired the hitter.
5 – Maybe the acquaintance showed up at the Dermond dock and said “Hey y’all come for a sunset ride on this party boat I’m thinking of buying.”
6 – While on the ride the hitter does his work including the beheading, which adds more confusion to the investigation or was need as verification or contained evidence.
7 – With both deaths verified the estate can be processed.

So who benefits? Were there any pending contracts? Were there any partnerships? Who purchased Mr. Dermond's boat? Are they happy with the purchase?

SS has a suspect, and he is trying to out fox him now.

Ugh, not Good

If He Doesnt Know Then How Can Sills Say What Its NOT

the Definition Of Insanity "Doing The Same Thing Over And Over Expecting Different Results"

Maybe Time To Think Outside The Box??

But WHO could Leave No Trace??

MayObe Something Overlooked In Investigative Leads?

So This Doesnt Sound Like "LoCals" Are Sold on A mob hit.

Hope They'll Look At Any Business Deals In Past Few Years Of Ds, Instead Of suing For An Injustice One May Have Felt, Maybe So enraged Decided ToJust Kill TheM

Who Knows, But ive ruled OUt Nothing YetI!

"Posted: 1:49 p.m. Friday, June 13, 2014"
"Sheriff: Elderly couple’s murders still a mystery"

"The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Six weeks after Russell and Shirley Dermond were killed, one of the more baffling murder mysteries in recent memory is no closer to being solved."
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/sheriff-elderly-couples-murders-still-a-mystery/ngKyD/

........'....Well Ppl WONt Easily Forget It Or shutup....
Nothing new, but latest update:

"Sills is tired of all the theories and speculation. He has investigated the Dermonds' lives in depth and has determined that they worked hard, paid their taxes, went to church. There's no indication of any illegal activity or association with unsavory characters, he said. There's no indication that anything was taken from the home."

"They were regulars at the Lake Oconee Community Church, missing services only when they went to visit their children in other states, Pastor David Key said. They were social and clearly had money but didn't flaunt it, he said.

"They were just a nice, unassuming couple," Key ............

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COUPLE_BEHEADING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Oh, I don't know. I did not follow that case, but I did follow Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey's abduction and murder case. They both have the deceased date as the date they were abducted - July 13th, 2012. And, it was assumed when the FBI came in a week later and said they BELIEVED the girls were still ALIVE that everything just went haywire.

I don't know what to think. I'll look up Katelyn Markham's case. We need FoxFire and Ocean Blue Eyes and mck16 and everyone to chime in on this.

OFF TOPIC about my post about Katelyn Markham and the date of her death. Now I remember, on the facebook for Katelyn, there is a cross that mentions her birthdate and the date that they believe she passed Aug. 13th, 2011, but her boyfriend receives a photo text from her on the Aug. 14th, and her cellphone is turned off at 12:45am Aug. 14th and the boyfriend receives the text at 12:52am Aug. 14th.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingKatelynMarkham/timeline

So, the dates aren't congruent.
Maybe it's the same with the Dermonds in the respect of the dates on the obituaries aren't congruent with what MSM reports as their actually death date?
IMOO.

Mr. D. could have had his head severed cleanly by a wire stretched across a part of the lake.

OMG!! NC, they would love nothing more than to see sills lose Face, forced into retirement, not reelected Or l lose his job and this case might be able to do one of those things

Might be more fun to some of them instead of killing him is to watch Him suffer

OFF TOPIC about my post about Katelyn Markham and the date of her death. Now I remember, on the facebook for Katelyn, there is a cross that mentions her birthdate and the date that they believe she passed Aug. 13th, 2011, but her boyfriend receives a photo text from her on the Aug. 14th, and her cellphone is turned off at 12:45am Aug. 14th and the boyfriend receives the text at 12:52am Aug. 14th.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingKatelynMarkham/timeline

So, the dates aren't congruent.
Maybe it's the same with the Dermonds in the respect of the dates on the obituaries aren't congruent with what MSM reports as their actually death date?
IMOO.

Oh my! I looked at her FB page and read a bit about someone taking her cross. That's just wrong! Will read more. She's so young. Sounds like something is up with the dates.

I agree it would be the same with the Dermonds and the day they were actually murdered. Guess that's something only the perp or perps would know in regards to the deaths.

OMG!! NC, they would love nothing more than to see sills lose Face, forced into retirement, not reelected Or l lose his job and this case might be able to do one of those things

Might be more fun to some of them instead of killing him is to watch Him suffer

I agree. They tried to force him out of office once before with their candidate, but people were onto York by then. However, the snake's head was not cut off, just put in jail. This guy could still be ordering stuff from behind bars and highly possible. :moo: They're just that CRAZY!

I don't know if this has anything at all to do with the Dermonds and their death, but I know we have discussed drug cartels in regards to their deaths. On the MSN home page here: http://www.msn.com/?PC=msnHomeST&OCID=msnHomepage

The Dermonds story is featured along with this story:

How a Drug Cartel Hid Millions Through a Horse Farm
By Valerie Patriarca and Andrea Day

n 2011, a particular quarter horse farm in Oklahoma was booming with business – even as the recession was taking a toll on the usually lucrative industry.

The farm's owner, Jose Trevino Morales, had only recently broken into the quarter horse scene and was making waves with his million-dollar prize winnings and record-breaking bids at auction houses. But, according to federal investigators, what seemed like a ranch filled with the top mares was actually a front for a multimillion-dollar money-laundering scheme orchestrated by one of the most dangerous Mexican drug cartels—Los Zetas.

The cartel is one of the most feared in all of Mexico, according to authorities. Its calling card includes dismemberments of rivals while they were still alive and beheadings, authorities say.

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/business/b...artel-hid-millions-through-horse-farm-n130311

From your link:

My mama was reading the AJC this morning and reminded me that one of her former students was decapitated riding his ATV in a field. Going really fast at dusk and hit a single wire fence, and as she remembers the story it was a clean cut according to the EMT who arrived on the scene.

Not saying Mr. D was on an ATV but wire as the instrument is possible for a clean cut.
Lots of sick folks out there with access to wire, knives, axes, machetes. Wouldn't the autopsy "point" to the type of weapon - knife, machete, wire...??

And those tox reports should be back soon- 2 more weeks.

Or One Of The Many MANY offspring Hes Mentoring Or Just Mad

Still Wonder WHO What KinD Of Person Would Want to Make It Look Somewhat Pro Hit??
I agree. They tried to force him out of office once before with their candidate, but people were onto York by then. However, the snake's head was not cut off, just put in jail. This guy could still be ordering stuff from behind bars and highly possible. :moo: They're just that CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500