GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or One Of The Many MANY offspring Hes Mentoring Or Just Mad

Still Wonder WHO What KinD Of Person Would Want to Make It Look Somewhat Pro Hit??

Absolutely! I read he fathered as many to 100 to 300 children. That's a lot of kids who's father is in jail. Mr. D could have come in contact with one of the children after the cult was split up and certainly could have been mentoring a young person. And maybe nobody wanted it to look like anything, but a Pro Hit because it was a Pro Hit. I really do feel like I'm chasing my tail. We need some answers. :banghead:

Did you guys see WSB/Mark Winne's report on they latest info? Just saw it at 5 but haven't sifted through earlier posts to see if it was reported earlier. Didn't want to rehash if it had already been mentioned.

Also, random side note but I was thinking the whole decapitation/self preservation thing could be DNA, like if the killer came up behind Mr. D and put him in a headlock and Mr. D bit him on the forearm. I don't know, just a random thought.
I dated a guy who hunted and did taxidermy on the side. I'm a Jersey girl, grew up an hour from where the Dermonds grew up, so it was totally foreign to me. But he was very used to chopping off animal heads, thought nothing of it. Just part of the culture where he lived. Not sure but thinking there are a lot in that area familiar with that sort of thing. Not to say a human is the same as a deer ... Just maybe this person has done it before to animals. Just a thought.

Sent using Tapatalk

Something was bothering me about the date of death, so I went to look for it. Here is what I found.

Sheriff: ‘Brutal savage’ probably targeted elderly Lake Oconee couple

Shirley and Russell Dermond, retirees who lived in the Great Waters subdivision overlooking Lake Oconee, were in all likelihood killed sometime May 2 or 3, the first weekend of the month.

Sills has narrowed the timeline to a 24-hour window between that Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/22/311...probably.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

True this was in the beginning, but that is what we have all felt was the time line. Based on the crossword puzzle in the Friday paper and the mail and papers stacking up in the drive-way. And their missing the party. Makes it kind of more confusing info. jmo

"neatly severed indicating the work of professionals."

Okay my theory about it being law enforcement went out the window and now we are back to the medical profession. Oh boy! I need some antacid.

An experienced hunter could neatly sever a head.

Did you guys see WSB/Mark Winne's report on they latest info? Just saw it at 5 but haven't sifted through earlier posts to see if it was reported earlier. Didn't want to rehash if it had already been mentioned.

Also, random side note but I was thinking the whole decapitation/self preservation thing could be DNA, like if the killer came up behind Mr. D and put him in a headlock and Mr. D bit him on the forearm. I don't know, just a random thought.
I dated a guy who hunted and did taxidermy on the side. I'm a Jersey girl, grew up an hour from where the Dermonds grew up, so it was totally foreign to me. But he was very used to chopping off animal heads, thought nothing of it. Just part of the culture where he lived. Not sure but thinking there are a lot in that area familiar with that sort of thing. Not to say a human is the same as a deer ... Just maybe this person has done it before to animals. Just a thought.

Sent using Tapatalk

I just read the interview online, and noted that SS mentioned someone wanting something the Dermonds had or could not get...guess the motive was theft/robbery. Could someone hired by the Dermonds..to do whatever...have returned to rob them and it all went very wrong?

I just read the interview online, and noted that SS mentioned someone wanting something the Dermonds had or could not get...guess the motive was theft/robbery. Could someone hired by the Dermonds..to do whatever...have returned to rob them and it all went very wrong?

My 1st theory (of many) was this was a burglary gone wrong. Is Sheriff Sills saying the same thing? I have yet learned how to read between his lines...and I am Southern born and bred.

"Sills said his educated suspicion is that at least at least one of the killers at the house knew the Dermonds-- not especially well-- and showed up to steal something the Dermonds did not have or could not get."

My 1st theory of many was this was a burglary gone wrong. Is Sheriff Sills saying the same thing? I have yet learned how to read between his lines...and I am Southern born and bred.

"Sills said his educated suspicion is that at least at least one of the killers at the house knew the Dermonds-- not especially well-- and showed up to steal something the Dermonds did not have or could not get."

I am wondering if by "not especially well", that would mean that if they knew the Dermonds well, then they would know they did not have it or could not get it perhaps?
IMOO.

and this, if the killing was not completely random, then I have always felt the killer was not in their close circle of friends or family but was someone they knew peripherally. Like so and so's nephew, or that kid who works down at the gas station type of knew them.

Sills said his educated suspicion is that at least at least one of the killers at the house knew the Dermonds-- not especially well-- and showed up to steal something the Dermonds did not have or could not get.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation-cou/ngK8c/

lol, we are on the same track treelights

I found this interesting. I had heard nothing of this tidbit til now:

Sills told Channel 2’s Mark Winne that someone logged on to the Dermond’s computer at their home during the afternoon of Friday, May 2. He presumes it was one of the Dermonds, Sills said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation-cou/ngK8c/

Maybe someone wanted the Dermonds to transfer money or funds via the computer? Maybe the Dermonds logged on because they were forced to log on?
IMOO.

I found this interesting. I had heard nothing of this tidbit til now:

Sills told Channel 2’s Mark Winne that someone logged on to the Dermond’s computer at their home during the afternoon of Friday, May 2. He presumes it was one of the Dermonds, Sills said.

First I've heard of it too. Would it have taken this long to get that info back or is he throwing out little bits of info to let the perp know they are narrowing the timeline or he just happened to mention that today?

I am confused about the wording....
roughly the same time as the Kentucky Derby party something went wrong at the Dermond house, or roughly the same time that someone logged on to the computer on Friday?
I thought they were killed on Friday by some MSM links.
Were they killed on Friday or Saturday?
IMOO.

ETA:
"Deputies say someone killed and beheaded 88-year-old Russell Dermond on May 2 at his home in Great Waters Reynolds Plantation."
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/exclusive-sheriff-says-reynolds-plantation-couple-/ngDzD/

I think SS knows how to let little tidbits out, and there were at least two of those in the latest interview. It's been posted by many that the money trail will answer the questions...nothing professional...just everyday greed.

I think SS knows how to let little tidbits out, and there were at least two of those in the latest interview. It's been posted by many that the money trail will answer the questions...nothing professional...just everyday greed.

I know I read in one of the reports, but can't find it now, that SS said they had hundreds of finger prints. Did anyone else read that? ty

I wonder if they would have had their computer password protected. I don't but mine is strictly for surfing. I don't have anything important on there.
With the money he had I wonder if Mr. D handled it all himself or if he had a CPA that would handle major transfer of monies.

moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Could Sills be trying to get one of the two criminals to turn on the other by putting forth the idea of one criminal not knowing the Dermonds? It always helps LE when one of the murderers turns on the other.

Maybe someone wanted the Dermonds to transfer money or funds via the computer? Maybe the Dermonds logged on because they were forced to log on?
IMOO.

This is exactly what I thought when I read this too. How horrible to think about what the Dermond's must have been put through. :(

I think whoever killed the Dermond's made them log on to their computer, or the killer logged onto their computer. I also think the killer cleaned that house so it would be "immaculate". Someone close to the killer(s) must notice something off in their behavior. Would those close to the killer(s) suspect them of murdering the Dermond's? Could one of those closest to the killer(s) have unwittingly given them an alibi, but maybe have come to realize there's something very wrong?

Hoping to hear of arrest(s) soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member