GA - SueAnn Ray, 26, Pickens County, 26 August 2005

Bobbisangel said:
Don't get me wrong...I think there should be a reward for any info concerning a missing/murdered person when the abductor/killer is not known. What I would like to know though is how many people are actually caught because someone tipped LE and then they received the reward?

I can't remember ever reading a news account where the case was solved by someone who then collected the reward. I guess what I'm trying to ask is does a reward actually work? I know it can't hurt but how often does it work?

Some of our missing people have huge rewards offered just waiting for someone who knows something to tell what they know and then collect the reward. Nothing seems to be helping to find these people. Look at the reward for Natalee. You would think someone who knows something would jump on that. No one has. It just seems that rewards don't work that well.
Over at MissingAbducted we are under the impression from things we have been told of the process of coverage, that reward is a shot in the arm about 1 month into a case to generate "news" and get the faces and word back out. We do not believe to date those like Joe Mammama (sp) have paid out a reward in the cases they have been involved in, either the person has not been found, or a tip did not resolved the case.

The only case recently that this has played out this way and was successful was at the Denny's with Shasta Groene.

As far as the reward goes, I live in the area and believe me, I will be searching my own two acres this weekend for Sue Ann. That's one thing a large reward can accomplish - motivate people to get off their butts and look around.

And for those not familiar with the area where Sue Ann disappeared, the distance from the Walmart where her van was found and the town where her husband's garage is is about 20 miles. An interstate runs in between the two points, but off the interstate, the whole area is very rural, with thick pine forests and numerous little back roads - and I happen to live on one of them.

Good luck to Sue Ann's family - I too fear the worst and pray for the best for Sue Ann.

<snip>

Her cousin, Heather Teague, was abducted from a beach in Spottsville, Ky., on August 26, 1995 in broad daylight. Teague was 23 years old at the time and has not been seen since. Her case remains unsolved Web site

"You never know the pain a mother and father go through when they lose a child or a child is missing until it happens to you," said Danny Jenkins, Heather's uncle and Sueann's father.

Jenkins has spent years helping his sister deal with the disappearance of her daughter, Heather.
Now he’s in the same situation.

His daughter, Sueann, has been missing since August 26. She disappeared ten years to the day after her cousin’s abduction.

“It's a feeling you can't describe,” Jenkins said. “It's terrible, and I don't know how my sister made it. I don't know how she's alive. I don't know how she's done it for 10 years, because I can't. I can't go through it for 10 years, I'll tell you that."

Sueann, who was a teenager when her cousin disappeared, recently sent an e-mail to her aunt.

“I am sure that I can help,” Sueann wrote. “I will do anything I can. I picture this happening in my head, and it doesn’t make sense…Something is definitely wrong…We will bring her home, one way or another.”

Three days after sending that e-mail, Sueann vanished. Police suspect foul play, but they haven’t identified any suspects.

Continued at link:

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=70393

I have just read about this case today. Is there any way we can get this moved to the "Featured Case Discussion" section of this forum? I think a lot more people will read about it if it appears in that section.

Just wondering. . .

A new thread could be started there. That way, this one is for support and information, such as news about Sue Ann.

The search for a missing mother from Woodstock has family members feeling a sense of deja vu.
Sueann Ray, 26, was last seen six weeks ago on the same day that marked the 10th anniversary of her cousin’s disappearance in Kentucky.

Her cousin, Heather Teague, was abducted from a beach in Spottsville, Ky., on August 26, 1995 in broad daylight. Teague was 23 years old at the time and has not been seen since. Her case remains unsolved (see family Web site.

"You never know the pain a mother and father go through when they lose a child or a child is missing until it happens to you," said Danny Jenkins, Heather's uncle and Sueann's father.

Jenkins has spent years helping his sister deal with the disappearance of her daughter, Heather.
Now he’s in the same situation.
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=70393

Missing Woman's Dad Speaks Out

The father of a missing mother from Woodstock is pointing the finger at her husband.

Danny Jenkins believes Quinton Ray played a role in the disappearance of Sueann Ray, who’s been missing since August 26.

"This monster is either holding my daughter, or he's killed her,” Jenkins said. “This guy knows where my daughter is."

Quinton Ray declined 11Alive’s request for an interview, but his attorney, David Cannon, said Ray knows nothing about his wife’s disappearance.

He said Ray continues to cooperate fully with investigators and hopes and prays that his wife and the mother of their child will be found safe.

Woodstock police have not named Ray or anyone else a suspect in this case.

Continued:

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=70439

Nancy Grace Transcript from Monday Night
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRI...0/11/ng.01.html

Upcoming Shows This Week:
UPCOMING BROADCASTS FOR SUEANN THIS WEEK
Thursday, Oct. 13, 2005 @ 8 PM EST Nancy Grace
Friday, Oct. 14, 2005 @ 5 PM EST - Catherine Crier Live on Court TV
Friday, Oct. 14, 2005 @ 9 PM EST - The Rita Crosby Show on MSNBC
Sunday, Oct. 16, 2005 - FOXNEWS Network - Show TBA

The last person to see her alive was her estranged husband who has been arrested in unrelated matters, something about terrorist threats. Her little dog was found dead by her sister and his family refused to let the police search their property which is supposedly 15 or so acres.

Didn't they say also on Nancy Grace tonight that the husband picked up their child on a day he was not supposed to ( the day she went missing) and took her to his mothers and I don't think he was supposed to know she was missing yet. hmmmm.That's weird also that her cousin went missing 10 years ago to the date. hmmmm.

upallnite said:
Didn't they say also on Nancy Grace tonight that the husband picked up their child on a day he was not supposed to ( the day she went missing) and took her to his mothers and I don't think he was supposed to know she was missing yet. hmmmm.That's weird also that her cousin went missing 10 years ago to the date. hmmmm.
All that sounds really suspicious to me. And the fact that he was the last one to see her alive at his garage (shop), which is in his backyard, according to what was said on Nancy Grace yesterday. Why is he not a suspect? :banghead:

Greta just asked a good question, whether or not the police have checked to see if her oil was changed or not. OOOOOHHHH. I like that question!!!

upallnite said:
Greta just asked a good question, whether or not the police have checked to see if her oil was changed or not. OOOOOHHHH. I like that question!!!
thats a very good question! i also wondered if they had checked the cameras in the wal-mart parking lot where they found her van. it was backed in a space far from the store, so they may not be able to see it, but her sister says she cant back in a parking space.

dancingdaisy said:
thats a very good question! i also wondered if they had checked the cameras in the wal-mart parking lot where they found her van. it was backed in a space far from the store, so they may not be able to see it, but her sister says she cant back in a parking space.
That is an even better question!!!! There should be surveilance video!!!

upallnite said:
That is an even better question!!!! There should be surveilance video!!!
maybe there would be a scent of who drove the van there, or figerprints in the van as well :dance:

I just watched Nancy Grace & it looks like the police have a good idea of who did the crime.

For others reading this:Yes on the show they did say the police have watched security video of the parking lot & of the the inside of the store as well.
The show also brought out that the ex or estranged husband had made a flurry of phone calls to his relatives at the time Sueann was at his home/shop (last place she was known to be alive) and those relatives have refused to allow dog teams to search their property. Do they have something to hide? Makes me wonder but time will tell. Trying to keep an open mind here since T.V. shows have been wrong in reporting before.

I also wonder if perhaps this was a planned thing with the date in mind so that it would look as if her disappearance was tied to her cousins disappearance on the same date 10 years earlier.

Her child was taken from school by the ex on the day Sueann disappeared and her father said that was very unusual & had never happened before this date so Nancy Grace asked if the child might have been used as bait to lure Sueann to the Ex's.

I hate to be a paranoid conspiracy type but this case really seems odd at first read.

this is so sad, i didnt hear anything about her cousin that went missing 10 yrs ago, does anyone know the circumstances regarding that case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back