GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone who has had a child die accidentally has gotten thousands in donations?

I am heavily involved in fundraisers, and I would say MANY of them do. I have seen thousands of fundraisers to help raise money for a family when their child is sick or has died. I see one probably 2-3 times a week. So no, not everyone... but socially connected people, yes... a good deal of them

Here's the video of the veterinarian demonstrating being left in a hot car they were talking about at the hearing today.

snipped video URL for space.

OMG!!!!
The fact that he watched this TWICE is just so disturbing! He knew what it would be like for Cooper.

The guy in the video, said about dogs, but also applies to children:
"The whole point of this exercise was to see what it feels like. What would it feel like for a dog to be stuck in a car, you know? You're helpless, you have no control over what's happening, you don't understand what's happening, you just know your body is getting so overheated..."

In the video 30mins in car WITH windows cracked, temp 115F

I hope the jury is able to watch this...!

I am rarely shocked by murders....

But this one was shocking.

The fact people are now more obsessed over the "sexting" than the murder of that little boy is even MORE SHOCKING!

The father appears to have left his son to die an absolutely horrid and terrifying death, and folks are obsessing over sexting?

not obsessed with it but the depravity of being actively involved in that AS his son was in that car dead or dying is just - its whole nother level stuff to me. As ven termed it levels of slime. that is a whole low I just cannot wrap my head around. Involved in an activity for his own sexual gratification WHILE Cooper sat there in that car dead or dying is just almost too shocking to absorb.

Ironically, I posted a link to that video in an earlier thread trying to show how bad it was, even with the windows cracked. Who knew that not too long ago, he used that very video to help him murder his son :(

Yes you did, and I watched it... Thank you.
I couldn't believe it was the same video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It became clear that Leanna picked up Cooper most nights from Daycare.. and RH had texted her to say "when are you picking up my buddy" or similar about 3:40pm
So he was calling the daycare to tell Leanna what had happened. He had already tried her cell but not got her..
The question is - was she supposed to get to daycare BEFORE Daddy left work and discover that baby was still in the car? i.e. did daddy want to really upset her? Did he do it to hurt her?

Or - was it really just a mistake and he thought Leanna was going to pick up the baby from daycare which explains why he did not go to the daycare to pick up his son? Or something else

BBM

I have no doubt whatsoever, after hearing the evidence today, that RH texted LH "when are you picking up my buddy" (paraphrasing), as an alibi.

I firmly believe that this self-absorbed murdering pervert was so convinced of his own delusional sense of criminal brilliance that he thought he had all the bases covered.

As far as I'm concerned, RH knew his baby had been in the car all day, knew his baby had died a torturous death, knew he was finally "child-free".

RH gets no benefit of the doubt from me.

Pretty sure this was just to try to catch Leanna when she got to daycare cos she was not answering her phone. I think the Daycare people put Leanna on the phone but later RH denied it

That could very well be true - and he could have been on hold some of those six minutes.

I thought leaving Cooper in the car was a deliberate act based on the scant facts we had before today. And after hearing the testimony today, am even more sure.

However, there are a couple of things presented today that don't necessarily point to his guilt, IMO.

1. I'd like to know more about the context of the "I dreaded having to look at him" statement. A parent who had truly forgotten their child in their car and just realized the child had been in there all day and was very likely dead might say the same thing.

2. The 30 seconds before he got out of the car after parking it that morning. I tend to think it's because he was having final last thoughts about doing this, but it could also be because he was waiting for a song or news item to finish on the radio. I'd be interested to see his behavior at this point in time on other days.

I don't understand why the wife hasn't been arrested. Her question to hubby asking if he had said too much, and her insistence at the daycare that Cooper had been left in the car all day, both, IMO, show consciousness of guilt.

There are so many things going through my head, and my heart is so full, it is hard to get it all out.

Cases like this (forgetting your child in your car) are IMO most parents' worst nightmare. These little lives are entrusted to you and it is so easy for something to go wrong. When I first heard about this, I wondered why LE was so sure it was deliberate. My first inkling was when they reported he had looked up how long it takes for someone to die in a car. Who does that?! I can see googling ways to avoid forgetting your child. That makes sense. But who cares how long it takes for your child to die? You don't want to leave your child in the car for a minute!!!!! Why would you care about the timing?!?!?!

And then all this other stuff comes out. So he doesn't want to be tied down with a kid. Why not walk away? Sure, your family may get angry at you and your church may frown on your behavior. But is that really worse than what's happening to him now? He's going to be in jail with a lot of people who will be more than happy to mete out some justice and all the advice in the world on how to survive in prison isn't going to help him.

Get used to sleeping with one eye open, Justin, because you're going to be doing it for a very very very long time.

The fact people are now more obsessed over the "sexting" than the murder of that little boy is even MORE SHOCKING!

The father appears to have left his son to die an absolutely horrid and terrifying death, and folks are obsessing over sexting?

I haven't noticed obsession with sexting. It IS part of this whole puzzle and I, for one, think it may play a part in why this murder happened. MOO

He wanted out of his marriage, he wanted out of the responsibilities of fatherhood and he wanted everyone to still think he was the good guy! It shows a lack of morality and also his ability to live a double life. It's motive and character all rolled up into one neat package!

I am not so sure he wanted out of his marriage. Having sex with other females does NOT necessarily equate to getting out of one's marriage.

Yes I have come across a few swingers in my time. Sex and marriage can be two completely different things (well sort of).

I am STILL wondering about that heading opposite direction after work thing. Nothing was said about that today. If the theatre was just beyond the pizza joint he pulled in at, and home was in that direction as well, what was the trip south just after leaving work about??

Thanks. Ha. I didn't know that. Glad I don't live there...here it's against the law...as it should be (in my opinion) I have a 16 year old...no way mature enough yet to not be influenced by an experienced 33 year old man...sick. Of course I trust my 16 year olds judgement...but still...16 is too young to consent. I can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am waiting for other ''shoes'' to drop on this one -- something tells me those football kids parents are having serious discussions tonight....what if these were kids from his schools where he coached/reffed games?

I am heavily involved in fundraisers, and I would say MANY of them do. I have seen thousands of fundraisers to help raise money for a family when their child is sick or has died. I see one probably 2-3 times a week. So no, not everyone... but socially connected people, yes... a good deal of them

How many were for parents who left their child in a hot car, and the child died? I think people had more sympathy for him b/c they thought he was a grieving father who was being charged with murder for an accident, than they would have if he was never arrested. Especially complete strangers.

I am not so sure he wanted out of his marriage. Having sex with other females does NOT necessary equate to getting out of one's marriage.

Yes I have come across a few swingers in my time. Sex and marriage can be two completely different things (well sort of).

yes his wife was his nurse with a purse......which enabled him to have a better lifestyle than he would on his own

I am really having a hard time catching up. I know many people thought LE made rash judgements and were railroading him (I mean in general, not specifically people here!) I hope that those people can now stand behind LE. They have meticulously, responsibly, and ethically peeled away layers in a quest for justice. They know more, and they will find more. I'm happy to have that police force and LE be the ones that get Cooper justice. THEY are the ones showing love for that precious angel. Bravo, LE.

Could you imagine being them and knowing what they did, and the community raising money and giving him rounds of applause at the funeral? My god.

I think I've got an interest in this case because I once lived in the area. I missed the hearing due to having to work.

He really did not need to go to the Home Depot if he needed regular light bulbs. The Publix is huge. I think it's the largest one I have ever been to.

And which theater was he claiming to go to? Parkway Pointe AMC would be the closest, but the shopping center isn't as popular as Akers Mill Square. In fact, if he was going to the AMC, Cumberland Blvd is right next type to the theater.

But most of all, that poor baby. Rest in peace baby Cooper.

Typos corrected.

Welcome to WS, Peachy!!

I think he bought the round style light bulbs that go above a vanity mirror.

for me it's not the actual sexting, it's the fact that he left the baby in that to die an excruciating death, then took his mind off it by going and doing that. it shows just how depraved he is. All child murderers are evil, but if there are different levels of evil he is certainly at the most vile level.

I have never contemplated killing someone, let alone my children, but I imagine most parents wanting their child dead wouldn't want them to suffer. The absolute torture that he KNEW Cooper was suffering (he watched those videos - he thoroughly researched it) is bad enough. the fact that he was sexting while it was happening is so abhorrent I'm not surprised that people are getting caught on the point. just moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim