General discussion about the drug busts on Jan 20, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A comment was made on Jacksonville.com stating "This new development is going to put Nancy Grace into orgasmic overdrive on her show tonight."

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The father and former stepmother of missing Haleigh Cummings were among five people arrested in a prescription drug trafficking sting, PCDS said.

Ronald Cummings, and Misty Croslin, could face a minimum-mandatory sentence of 25 years in state prison after their arrests on multiple counts of trafficking in prescription medications.

"Investigators assigned to the Haleigh Cummings investigation will take every opportunity to speak with any individual believed to have knowledge about Haleigh Cummings' disappearance,".
Haleigh's body has not been found and there have been no arrests in her disappearance.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1969176.story

I don't like how they say in this article Haleighs body. sad!

Tipster led to drug charges against Haleigh Cummings' father, ex-stepmother

3:16 p.m. EST, January 21, 2010

SNIPPED<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Misty Croslin was particularly active in the prescription drug operation, officials said. As in many other parts of Florida and the country, prescription drugs have become a growing problem in Putnam County and nearby counties.

"She [Misty Croslin] was involved in all of them [the drug purchases]," Greenwood said. "She was the common denominator in all seven buys."

Felony warrants obtained by the Orlando Sentinel today indicate that Misty Croslin was found selling or holding oxycodone and hydrocodone in Putnam and St. Johns counties on several occasions last month and this month. Twice she had or sold more than 28 grams of the drug, the warrants state.

Since the missing child's case drew national attention in early February, Croslin has been no stranger to the law. In October, Palatka police said she was robbed while trying to buy drugs in that town.

When asked about the familiarity of Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings and their alleged dealing, Greenwood said, "They've been in the media spotlight since Day One."

The Cummings and Croslin arrests this week were part of a month-long investigation by the Putnam Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, a federal drug taskforce and the 7th Judicial Circuit State Attorney's Office, according to the release

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-dad-arrested-20100121,0,7483449.story?page=2

Thanks Mysticrose I was just going to bring this link over. The most interesting part of the whole story (in my opinion) to me is the part bolded by me:

Misty Croslin was particularly active in the prescription drug operation, officials said. As in many other parts of Florida and the country, prescription drugs have become a growing problem in Putnam County and nearby counties.

"She [Misty Croslin] was involved in all of them [the drug purchases]," Greenwood said. "She was the common denominator in all seven buys."

Felony warrants obtained by the Orlando Sentinel today indicate that Misty Croslin was found selling or holding oxycodone and hydrocodone in Putnam and St. Johns counties on several occasions last month and this month. Twice she had or sold more than 28 grams of the drug, the warrants state.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...593,full.story

Today, Greenwood said the drug case and the case involving Haleigh's disappearance remain separate, but he expects the two investigations to intersect at some point in the future.

"These two investigations will collide," Greenwood said. "Their paths will cross eventually."

However, he said it was not the investigation's intent to develop the drug case in order to make progress on the young girl's disappearance, which is approaching its one-year anniversary.

"Hopefully, something will come out of it on the Haleigh side, but that was not the intention," Greenwood said. "This was totally unrelated. It was a very good narcotics case."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-dad-arrested-20100121,0,7483449.story?page=2

Thinking out loud, If he was dealing large amounts of drugs someone had to remove the drugs before the police showed up the night Haleigh went missing. That would have to be Misty or someone else, I have a deep feeling that this case is going to break wide open

Have been wondering if the drugs (reportedly) found in the Rav 4 (abandoned car) were Ron's drugs that were hidden there in a panic just prior to the 911 call.

Does anyone other than me think one of the people arrested might be a plant???

I haven't been keeping up with this for a while so forgive me if I'm wrong but I wonder if it could be Donna?

Am I way off base here??

If I can add, I think the undercover investigation, or sting, didn't take on a serious effort until Misty turned 18 in December. Then, she would be an adult and sent to big time jail when busted, no juvie stuff. jmo

I wonder if some of the drug buys were comitted when Misty was a minor if they will hold the same weight? For instance, if 5 of 7 buys were when she was a minor, can they charge her as an adult for all 7 buys? I have no idea if this is the case, but I'm just wondering.

She was emancipated to be married, does it count in a criminal case?

We know Ron has a past with drugs.

We know he has a present with drugs.

I guess it's safe to assume he had a problem with drugs and was most likely selling them when Haleigh went missing. What a great Daddy. After what happened to Haleigh you would think Ron would care about Jr. But no, same ole Ron. Now Jr is without his sissy and his daddy. SHAME ON YOU RONALD CUMMINGS!!!!!

I can't wait to see what NG has to say about her Ronnie boy tonight.

Remember when he was telling people he was et werk making an HONEST living for his family, LOL. Well, methinks we know the difference now.

No word yet on an emergency hearing for Jr....
No word on a press conference either for the arrests...
Anyone else seeing anything

I haven't been keeping up with this for a while so forgive me if I'm wrong but I wonder if it could be Donna?

Am I way off base here??

No, tiredblondy, you might be closer to the truth than you think. My logical choice of a "plant" would also be Donna. Let's all stay tuned.

Imo Ron has been doing this for quite sometime, and going around threating people if he feels they will talk.
Now that he is locked up and if it continues to look like he will be in for awhile people will talk.
I have a feeling we are going to find out that Ron is the main supplier of these pills ..MOO

Thanks Mysticrose I was just going to bring this link over. The most interesting part of the whole story (in my opinion) to me is the part bolded by me:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...593,full.story

Yep, the big guy, ya know, the brains??? behind the operation usually has underlings doing the dirty work, that's how they manage to keep out of jail - normally, ROFLMAO.

My opinion only

Am I way off base here??

No, I don't think you're way off base. The court appointed attorney stuff for Donna sounds really strange to me. I seriously doubt someone of her means is going to go with a court appointed attorney. JMO

I wonder if some of the drug buys were comitted when Misty was a minor if they will hold the same weight? For instance, if 5 of 7 buys were when she was a minor, can they charge her as an adult for all 7 buys? I have no idea if this is the case, but I'm just wondering.
If some of these crimes happened prior to her 18th BD, she would have still been close enough to charge as an adult, I believe.

Remember when he was telling people he was et werk making an HONEST living for his family, LOL. Well, methinks we know the difference now.

I used to think he brought the honest living up so emphatically because he usually made a dishonest living and got away with it scotfree and that's why he was so offended that the one time he got a honest job that paid a honest wage he got trouble right away.

Maybe it was not so far off after all.

So the question is who was the plant/undercover person ???

:wave: I know I know...It's .......

Teflon Ron!!! :angel:

FYI just kidding

Imo Ron has been doing this for quite sometime, and going around threating people if he feels they will talk.
Now that he is locked up and if it continues to look like he will be in for awhile people will talk.
I have a feeling we are going to find out that Ron is the main supplier of these pills ..MOO

Mystic I've always thought that...but who is his supplier???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname