General discussion thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about in one of the articles I believe located on the media links thread which states that Kate called the media before calling the police when Maddi disappeared? No one has commented on that. If true, that is very telling. Also, I think the PJ are giving more importance than we realize to the older lady who heard Maddi crying. I think she may have heard more than has been released. I think Kate was abusive towards Maddi and the lady heard it. JMO

http://translate.google.com/transla...ddie.dhblogs.be/&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsosmaddie.dhblogs.be%2F&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

So if your daughter was really kidnapped and your friends did this, that'd be the end of the friendship, right?

:doh:

The list of Drivers of the Rented/Hired Car
Reference: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=480805&in_page_id=1770

Quoting from article:
"The revelation came as a friend of the McCanns raised further questions over the credibility of the police's evidence against Kate. The friend said the car, believed to have been rented from Eurocar at Faro airport, had been hired on May 28 --25 days after Madeleine vanished. And she revealed that "a variety of other named drivers" had access to it over the 72 days before it was taken in to be swabbed on August 7. The revelation suggests that any traces of blood in the car could not be directly linked to Madeleine's parents.

The friend said: "The car was hired 25 days after Madeleine disappeared and a variety of people, family included, used the car.

"Then police took the car in around 100 days after Madeleine disappeared before giving it back to Kate and Gerry." The family friend was also able to give an explanation for the timing of the rental which it is believed had caused interest among detectives. The car was hired the day before the McCanns travelled to Rome to be blessed by the Pope, at a time when they would not personally need a vehicle. But the family friend explained that the car was always intended for use by a number of people around the couple in Praia da Luz, especially while the McCanns were away on their tour to gain publicity for the Find Maddie campaign. "

Comment:
Well then, if the family is so sure that others drove the car, e.g. some of the Tappas 9, then they need to come up with a list of names. Presumably, the PJ already has such a list.

I am mentally reviewing the short list of people who "put ear to the McCann's door", "peeked in on the McCann's children", while the Tappas party was going on. And from that short list, who - if any of them, drove or had access to this "communal set of car keys". It would be a very short list.

Question:
Are we presuming that it is these car keys, are the set on which the dogs detected a cadaver scent?

BSE,
Yep the list would be short and fairly easy for LE to investigate.

Does anyone find it strange that we really haven't heard much from their friends and co-workers. I know in the hospital I worked in we were like a big family. We were there for each other through the good annd the bad. Why are we not hearing anything in support of the McCanns from them? Curious.

Does anyone find it strange that we really haven't heard much from their friends and co-workers. I know in the hospital I worked in we were like a big family. We were there for each other through the good annd the bad. Why are we not hearing anything in support of the McCanns from them? Curious.
yes, you raise a very interesting point. I find the fact that we only hear from the family and no-one else strange too.

What do you think of the possibility that the car rented was previously rented by someone else in the party but had shared access with the McCann's. After that other family went home after their holiday, the McCann's then took over the rental of the car. yes, THEY did not rent the car until 25 days later, but had access to it???? Possible I guess....

Message board has a good description of the Tapas 9 people, adults and children.
Well worth reading.

Anyone else following the many interviews that Philomena McCann has been doing? (a very vocally supportive family member that is often referred to as "Aunty Phil") Some of the things she says, as she flits from one interview after another, are almost comedic in nature, but this case isn't something to be made light of. She's regaled the cadaver dogs along the lines of "Lassie"... she's said Gerry told her not to antagonize the Portuguese, but then went on to call the PJ imbeciles (nothing says "NOT antogonzing them" like calling the PJ imbeciles)... and one that had me shaking my head at her, she said: "the police shouldnt be looking at any evidence that implicates Kate and Gerry".

Seriously... why are the McCann's allowing this lady to speak for them? She's doing them more harm than good... and as each day passes and she engages in more interviews, the more crazier she sounds. Team McCann needs to seriously put a muzzle on her...

Kind of reminds me of crazy Auntie Pam from the JonBenet Ramsey case.

In England, isn't it by law that people don't talk publically about court cases the way we do here? And it sounds like the other doctors who knew this family were a close group, and alot of them were in Portugal with the McCanns. Although, surely some of their coworkers have spoken out over the last year.

The obvious reason for not saying anything would be that people don't want to be involved in a possible murder case. And the other families they were with in Portugal definitely fear they could become suspects.

Dont know if this has already been posted but just got home and saw this and posted it before I caught up on reading.

Portugal Police to take the children from the McCanns.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=269533

I just read this a few minutes ago and am, once again, totally confused, especially in regards to this comment:

However, Portugal's national police chief Alipio Ribeiro suggested that the forensic tests had not been conclusive.

"We can't say with certainty whether it was the blood of person 'A' or person 'B,"' Ribeiro told Portuguese state Broadcaster RPT.

"They help guide us in our investigation but not with the mathematical precision some people are saying."

Yesterday, they were 100% certain in regards to the DNA, now they are inconclusive - WTF???????????

It's pretty hard to sleuth when you only get part of the information or the WRONG information.

I'm still a fence sitter at this point, simply because of all the mixed media reports; not sure what to believe as truth or speculation.

I just read this a few minutes ago and am, once again, totally confused, especially in regards to this comment:

However, Portugal's national police chief Alipio Ribeiro suggested that the forensic tests had not been conclusive.

"We can't say with certainty whether it was the blood of person 'A' or person 'B,"' Ribeiro told Portuguese state Broadcaster RPT.

"They help guide us in our investigation but not with the mathematical precision some people are saying."

Yesterday, they were 100% certain in regards to the DNA, now they are inconclusive - WTF???????????

It's pretty hard to sleuth when you only get part of the information or the WRONG information.

I'm still a fence sitter at this point, simply because of all the mixed media reports; not sure what to believe as truth or speculation.

Something is going on here - first it is her DNA, now they can't say with certainty. I'm tending to believe they (PJ) are trying to keep as closed mouth about this investigation as they can at this point, but leaks are getting out. Possibly they are hot on the tracks of the McCann's and don't want them to realize it as yet. Who the heck knows.

Something is going on here - first it is her DNA, now they can't say with certainty. I'm tending to believe they (PJ) are trying to keep as closed mouth about this investigation as they can at this point, but leaks are getting out. Possibly they are hot on the tracks of the McCann's and don't want them to realize it as yet. Who the heck knows.
Poco, it is all so confusing, but they are suppose to be handing all their paperwork to the prosecutor who will determine whether there is enough information to take this case to court. I personally dont think we have heard everything the P LE have, will have to wait to see if the prosecutor thinks there is enough to charge the parents and go to court.

Dont know if this has already been posted but just got home and saw this and posted it before I caught up on reading.

Portugal Police to take the children from the McCanns.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=269533
Thanks Shazza.
There are a few versions of this article, but the most damning and interesting part is right here:

"The traces are part of lengthy dossier of evidence which Portuguese police have been preparing. Britain's Channel 4 news reported that it included intercepted emails and transcripts from phone calls the McCanns made to others.
It has been suggested that the DNA may have come from Madeleine's favourite stuffed toy - Cuddle Cat - that Kate McCann carried around for months after the disappearance."

There's a lot more than we know in that dossier.

MG

What do you think of the possibility that the car rented was previously rented by someone else in the party but had shared access with the McCann's. After that other family went home after their holiday, the McCann's then took over the rental of the car. yes, THEY did not rent the car until 25 days later, but had access to it???? Possible I guess....

IMO, that is exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member