George Makes Debut As Kidfinder's Spokesman

I think George could probably give some pretty good advice to families of the missing. Most people don't keep up with crime or watch the gossip crime tv shows either, so they have no idea what will happen. George could warn them about saying much at all to any media because every word, every action will be twisted, judged, and scrutinized. If the tv Hostess is afraid to say things herself, she'll get some colorful character on who will say bad things. George can warn them that this behavior does not help the victim at all. But, I'm guilty of scrutinizing words myself. I hope George is able to handle this, it has to be very emotional and upsetting.

I wish there were some verification of this. It would be most interesting to know who made the request and their reason for it. Also it would be very interesting to know George's personal reaction to this. I hope it would make him question the organization he has aligned himself with but I doubt he will do that.

I apologize for not having links. I'm usually better about that. I'm in the middle of a messy remodle project, etc. and frankly can't keep up here!

K, this is what I recall from Haleigh's thread. A twitter post said they (don't know who they is, both GA and KFN on same line), were asked to leave. Then a couple of posters, who were there searching basically said they were told that they wouldn't see GA or KFN there. And something about a letter writing campaign about KFN with their nefarious past had happened and this might be why.

So I don't know who asked or why.

ETA: the twitter post was from a news reporter

Thanks for typing this up...reading it as opposed to listening / watching, brought about a lot of clarity for me. Specifically, the "WE" in Kidfinders Network is here to support them. We have a billboard, we have a website that's is up and running right now.

Heard from a geologically distant relative that during lunch George ran his mouth and said things as though he was comparing Haleigh's disappearance to Caylee's murder, i.e. circle the wagons, stick together, be careful of LE, lawyer up, etc, and one of the gramp's told George they didn't need him there taking the focus off of finding Haleigh and that George needed to go home and get his own house in order.

Since I can't give up my source, just take it as gossip until it comes out. If I'm wrong, I was lied to. (wouldn't be the first time, lol)

Wow - good for the grampa, if true.

Hmmmmmmm

I don't like Kidfinders, and I don't understand why George and family associates with them
I think they are underhanded and do not serve the community in the way that their organization should do

I think George is trying to throw himself into something else to take away his pain over Caylee and Casey

I think he is prepared to Ignore anything that the family have done because all he is focused on is the pain because he identifies with that

Sigh I personally think he needs to step away from this situation and go home and Grieve Caylee and Do what he needs to do for his daughter (whatever he feels that is)

I think GA means well, it is just not the place for this or the time. I realize there is a HUGE difference in this case. I don't blame anyone for getting a lawyer in a situation like this. You do have to be careful or your words can be twisted or misunderstood. With that said, you also need to give LE what they need to help bring the girl home. Everyone has already found so many things the GF said and changed, this can be a problem for her down the road. I think that is what GA was doing with these kids, giving them advice to protect themselves. I could be wrong, but they will need protection if this little girl isn't found soon. I read thought the threads and the things are coming out about the families and it's not pretty. But it doesn't mean you are involved, it just looks bad for them. JMO

In my opinion George is channeling his grief in a positive way. He is someone that understands what this family is going through, and it seems he just wants to help. Its a shame anyone would ask him to leave. He could be an excellent resource for Haleigh's family.

He would be an excellent resource if he's learned from his past, if he advises:
* Be completely open and transparent with LE. No shading the truth. Get it all out, family secrets be damned.
* Forget trying to spin the media. In fact, there's no need to talk to the media, just talk to LE. If you do decide to speak with the press, forget the spin. Answer the questions openly and honestly. And briefly!
* If they ask for a polygraph or DNA, say, "yes sir. can we do it now?"
* Unless you had anything to do with the disappearance of that child, forget lawyering up. You don't need a layer between you and LE.
* If you did have anything to do with the disappearance of that child, admit it. Admit it now.

I don't think he's learned. We shall see.

Blaise

I can understand GA wanting to be of some help to somebody else, thinking he can perhaps guide them and thinking it may alleviate his pain. However, GA needs to perhaps channel that energy elsewhere than missing children. His grandchild wasn't missing. She was murdered.

I took a couple hours this rainy afternoon to transcribe the video http://www.wftv.com/video/18701735/index.html
I realize that this news is a couple days old, but thought transcribing could be useful to our members for a couple of reasons.
First, we can get accurate quotes for discussion. Secondly, I think it can serve as a baseline to study George's message and how it evolves as he learns how to best function in his latest endeavor.
I will state that I am disappointed in George's decision to tie in with KFN, but fortunately, we are all free to make our own choices.
I'm a one fingered typist, so this took me a long time, but I tried my best to be accurate:

GA - They need to eat, they need to sleep, they need the community support. They do not need to be judged, they do not need to be scrutinized, they need your help. The community needs to come together to help this family to bring this beautiful little girl home. I understand it. Some of you might not, but I understand it. So please help them.

Reporter - what's the most important thing you can say to them....having gone through what you've gone through ...

GA - They need to be in support of each other. They need to be there no matter what. They need to reach out when things get tough, and there's tough days, there's tough hours, there's tough minutes. To know that they can reach out to me, to Josh, to my wife Cindy, to my son, other families that understand. We've become members of a unique club, and that unique club...is there to help you....no matter what.

Reporter - you're still going through a lot of pain... to come up here....

GA - You know something, this is not about me guys. This is not about me. This is about Haleigh Annmarie Cummings, age 5, that needs to be found and brought home to this beautiful family. They need prayer, they need hope,.... and they... and they... they need me.

Reporter - What would you say to the community, you've been through this

GA - Help them! Turn every stone over. Open every door. Put the fliers out. Kidfinders Network is here to support them. We have a billboard, we have a website that's is up and running right now. That's the helpfindhaleigh.com Go on it, you guys will find a lot of great stuff. I've also
mentioned to them, we've got to get some donations coming in for this family. We've got to do stuff to support them.

Reporter - When did you decide to come up, I mean what what what....

GA - Tuesday, Tuesday

Someone else - The website is changed, it's bringhaleighhome.com

GA - Oh, bringhaleighhome, It's been changed I'm sorry, I apologize for that. Tuesday, after my grandaughter's memorial. Dennis from Kidfinders will tell you I was ready to come up with Josh, but I needed to decompress that day. But I feel for this family, I, I feel for them.

Reporter - inaudible... things you were saying are very personal things, uh, can you talk about any of the things you said?

GA - No, because because what I said to him is between him and I. What I say to her is between her and I. What I said to other members of the family is between us... That's because it's in my heart.....

I think that this is ironic...Caylee Marie and Haleigh Annmarie, of course, it could just be that I am up past my bed time.

* Be completely open and transparent with LE. No shading the truth. Get it all out, family secrets be damned.
* Forget trying to spin the media. In fact, there's no need to talk to the media, just talk to LE. If you do decide to speak with the press, forget the spin. Answer the questions openly and honestly. And briefly!
* Unless you had anything to do with the disappearance of that child, forget lawyering up. You don't need a layer between you and LE.
* If you did have anything to do with the disappearance of that child, admit it. Admit it now.

Blaise

I do feel for George in some way, just because I think of him as almost childlike in his thinking. Emotionally he seems to have a giant heart. If it's true that he was asked to leave the Haileigh search I also feel badly that he is probably completely humiliated.

HOWEVER, the fact stands that this is a man who (most likely under intra-family pressure) obfuscated many things in regard to his grandaughter's disappearance. He's just come off of months and months of lies, contradictions, less than helpful behavior -- and the public knows that. And being joined at the hip with an unsavory organization to boot.

If he wants to take the time to heal, to fess up, to go through counseling and come up on the other side, he might just be a great help to, I dunno, a compulsive liars organization or something like that. The last thing the Haleigh family needs is someone with George's track record advising them on how to behave toward law enforcement or what to do when a child goes missing! It is frustrating even thinking he has access. If you haven't already gone home, George, please do. And take a hard look at yourself during your downtime.

There are wounded healers all over the world.

Yes, I'd say you can't be a healer unless you've been wounded. Probably the best healers have gone to h**l and back more than once. What makes them wonderful advocates is the fact that they've dealt with their experience and come out wiser and stronger. Running around helter skelter, in perpetual motion, trying to escape yourself and your problems does not a healer make. It take courage to process what you are, who you are, how you made the mistakes you did, or how you were able to rise above horrible circumstances not of your own making -- THEN you're in a position to offer valuable help to others. Not until. IMO.

George is not ready to help anyone... He needs to heal himself first. IMO

He needs a good year or more and he needs counseling. He is still not able to objectively help another person no matter how good his intentions may be.

I feel sorry for George. He really means well. He's had a tough year.

Blaise

I work in public relations and I can add some words of wisdom.

Credibility is EVERYTHING. You get one shot with the media and the public to tell the truth. Regardless of how bad that truth is, you have to tell it completely. You can't tell part of it and hope the other part doesn't come out.

For example - hypothetical situation. If the GF went out the back door for a smoke and carelessly forgot to lock it back and someone came in and took Haleigh, it's better to say that up front.

If the GF left the kids asleep for an hour while she walked to her relatives to visit and she came back and found Haleigh gone (a la the McCanns), it's better to tell that now than to have that come out later.

Once you get caught in one lie (or "inconsistancy") - everything that you say, will be questioned.

I feel sorry for George. He really means well. He's had a tough year.

I try to feel sorry for George. Lets see what he says on the stand under oath.
Until then, he supposedly just tried to commit suicide for petes sake. What is he doing? Why put himself in this position to have to deal with more missing little kids? I hate to say this but I just hope there isnt a copy cat killer looking for his 5 minutes of whatever. He lied on Larry King about the smell in the car. Go home George, lay low. Remember Brenda Van Dam..Here in San Diego, she was considered very irritating and annoying after Danielle was murdered.

Yes, but this is like someone who just got sober this week going into bars to save all the alcoholics. He's just not ready. No one would be.

Oh I could not have stated it better myself. Must be something in the name. ;)

:clap::clap:

Heard from a geologically distant relative that during lunch George ran his mouth and said things as though he was comparing Haleigh's disappearance to Caylee's murder, i.e. circle the wagons, stick together, be careful of LE, lawyer up, etc, and one of the gramp's told George they didn't need him there taking the focus off of finding Haleigh and that George needed to go home and get his own house in order.

Since I can't give up my source, just take it as gossip until it comes out. If I'm wrong, I was lied to. (wouldn't be the first time, lol)

Sounds about right to me, they gave him good advice. And where ever Milstead and his KFN circus decide go their reputation will be following very closely behind them.

Blaise

Spot on! There are so many truths that he still needs to come to terms with himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back