George Zimmerman Real Time Trial Thread *No Discussion* 7/5/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
West saying that at the defense deposition he stated he thought Trayvon lived for 1-3 minutes after the shot. Asks him when and why he changed his opinion to TM living 1-10 min. The dr. says this was due to another case/autopsy he witnessed (correction) recently that was the exact same as TMs injury. Did he tell the prosecutors about this change. No...West asks him did he last contact the DAs office? I believe he said yesterday, talked to staff, wanted to know what pictures they would be using so he could prepare. He did not remember telling DLR in their last meeting.

Asks about marijuana in TMs body, he previously said it had not affect on his behavior, but has now changed, due to consultation with a biologist, that it could have affected TM. He did this preparation in the last 60 days. He said he did not tell DLR about his change of opinion or his research. DLR told him they could not talk about it after his deposition.

Judge tells West, 3 times, we're talking about the Richardson (some law) violation and he can not extend to other questions in the front of the jury.

DLR points out that his own notes show he was told by ME that Trayvon had lived 1-3 min. after shot.

Court determines there are no Richardson violations. Witness can testify further.

Stephanie Wash ‏@WashNews 6m
Judge repeating this is a Richardson hearing. #ZimmermanTrial #TrayvonMartin

Retweeted by Kyle Hightower
Stephanie Wash ‏@WashNews 5m
Bao says he didn't think important to tell DLR. "He's not my lawyer. I'm not his employee. I'm an independent voice." #Zimmerman #Trayvon

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
Bao says that he can't recall if he told prosecution that his opinion of how long #trayvonmartin lived after shot changed.

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 9m
West: Did you call prosecutors to tell them you'd changed opinion? Bao: "No, I did not." #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin #ZimmermanTrial

Rodney Hawkins Rodney Hawkins ‏@RodneyCBSNews 9m
West asking abt when Bao decided how long Trayvon lived after he died. Originally he wrote down 1-3 mins but changed his opinion 3 wks ago

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 12m
Sidebar is over. Def atty West is doing a limited inquiry of Bao now.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Bao testimony resuming now.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
After all of that, the jury has finally been brought back in. #trayvonmartin #zimmerman

Judge also says that her pretrial motion not allowing any info about THC levels in Martin's system stands. #zimmerman

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 7m
West asks Bao about his new opinion on effect of THC in #TrayvonMartin's system. Bao: Could be "no effect or some effect." #ZimmermanTrial

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 7m
Judge finds the prosecutor has not committed a discovery violation re: Bao changing his opinion about how long Martin lived after shot

West now asking about the technician who did the scraping of TMs fingernails. Bao says he has confidence in the technician doing his job as required and did not watch him. Wests asks why there are no pictures of his fingernails or palms. He examines all the body and notes any injuries but only has pictures of actual injuries. West says so nobody can see to determine for themselves if you missed something?

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 1m
Dr. Bao says he thinks he decided not to photograph Martin's palms and nails because he did not see anything remarkable. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 2m
Dr. Bao says he has no photographs of The palms of Martin's hands. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 3m
The defense is showing the jurors a photo if Martin's pants which the state has not yet shown them. #Zimmermanon9

The defense is showing #Zimmermanon9 's dna might not have been found because the nails were too short.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 4m
The document shows no fingernail clippings were preserved. Dr. Bao does not know if Martin's nails were too short. 1/2 #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 9m
Dr. Bao says he hopes all of Martin's nails were scraped but he has no idea and would not worry about that or protocol. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 13m
Dr. Bao says again he remembers nothing about the autopsy. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 18m
Dr. Bao says today the marijuana could have had an effect or had no effect. The judge says that evidence will not come in. #Zimmermanon9

The jury is taking notes. He says he believes he did not miss anything so there was no need to photograph everything. #Zimmermanon9

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
Bao says there were no pictures of the palms or fingernails because neither contained disease or injuries. #zimmerman

Rene Stutzman Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman 5m
Jury is now looking at photo of #Trayvon's pants. DonWest wants them to see soiled knees. That'd be consistent w/ #Zimmerman's account.
from Sanford, FL

Bao says there aren't any photos of autopsy of #trayvonmartin that show the palms of his hands. #zimmerman

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 10m
Brief sidebar is over.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 10m
A pair if objections by the prosecutor and a sidebar.

West asking about Trayvon's abrasions..tries to get ME to say these were result of scraping on concrete but he said since they are very small and not deep, could have been on clothes or any other object.

West asks about TMs height...I never said height because a dead man cannot stand. West said you mentioned length of the body.

Goes to time TM could have lived after the shot and ME agrees the minimum time is one min., the max. time is 10 min. Has he ever done research or written articles on this subject. No...so your opinion is based on other people's work. On my autopsy and working and observing with other MEs. West persists...he said changed his opinion because of a specific case 3 weeks ago, tell us about the case. Guy about 40 years old was shot in heart by father, he did not do autopsy but was very interested. The 911 people heard him being in pain and heard him die after 10 min. Can't say every case a person would live 10min. but gave a range of up to 10 min. He did witness that autopsy.

Asks are you saying that immediately after being shot he can make some very painful noise but could move very little, yes, but nobody knows. West says he is being unresponsive, wants to approach says is important, judge says no, just go ahead and ask your question. She reminds witness to only answer the question he is asked.

West asks again, TM could move some after being shot, nobody knows exactly. Is there research on this, no. Bao says he saw with the other case mentioned the man could not move, get up.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
Says a case he reviewed in which another man was shot in heart lived for 10 min.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 7m
Bao acknowledges that he changed his opinion of how long #trayvonmartin lived after being shot from 1-3 min to 1-10 min.

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 5m
Bao with slight change on follow up re #TrayvonMartin moving after shot: "I think he was able to move a little bit... very, very little."

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
Jurors looking around bewildered a bit as tension heats back up between Bao and West.

West asking about the shot being a 'contact' shot, intermediate is less than 1/2 inch up to 4 feet. This was not a contact shot next to skin because no strippling on skin (I think), now says distance of shot is between .4 inches and 4 ft. (correction).
TMs skin had powder burns of 2x2 inches, and this told him it was an intermediate wound.

West through for now. DLR up for redirect.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 6m
Dr. Bao says he doesn't worry about the gun powder pattern in determining more precisely how far away the gun was. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 8m
Dr. Bao says the gun was anywhere between .4 inches and 4 feet away from Martin's chest. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 8m
Says the gun did not contact Martin's skin. 2/2 #Zimmermanon9

Dr. Bao just undermined prosecutor John Guy's opening statement that #Zimmermanon9 pressed his gun against Martin's chest but Bao 1/2

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 11m
Dr. Bao says Martin may have been able to move but he does not know how much or for how long. Nobody knows. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 14m
Dr. Bao says Martin would not be able to move or speak.. And then backed off and said maybe. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 16m
Dr. Bao says one case three weeks ago changed his mind and gives him a huge margin if error in this case. #Zimmermanon9

1:52 PM EDT

Jury is back.

Mr West: Mr Bao, we've looked at your notes, would you please let us know during your testimony if you are using or relying on your notes?
Bao: OK

West: About the packaging of the clothes. Does not remember if he was present when the body was de-clothed. West starting to jump around from specifics to general procedures.
He did not write the protocol for one stick for all five fingers. West asking Bao to speculate.
Objection sustained.
West: Do you know if each finger on each hand was scrapped?
Bao: I don't know.
West: Can you tell me what Trayvon's fingernails looked like?
Bao: I looked at whole body.
Bao: I do not remember what his fingernails looked like.
West: Part of the protocol contains fingernail clippings?
Bao: I don't know, the Assistants do that. I do not do that, its not part of my job.

West showing Bao an evidence accountability sheet. No check by the nail clipping category.

Bao: The Chief worries about the Protocol of the Office. I am the Assistant/Associate. It's not my job.

West: Wonders if nails so short, they couldn't get clippings? Bao: I don't know, I don't remember.

West: Now on to toxicology.

Bao: Best place is from peripheral blood, like in the area of the femur. There was non in this case.

West: Who drew the blood submitted as part of the toxicology?

Bao: I believe it was Ben D.

West: Now showing Bao a picture of Trayvon's pants.

West: Are there any photos of Trayvon's hands?

Bao: No. I don't take a picture that I don't think shows injury or disease.

West: Likewise, no picture of Trayvon's fingernails.

Bao: Yes. The issue is NOT cost, the issue is efficiency. For any case, we take just 5 to 10 photos. We do not take pictures of the entire body surface.

West: The abrasion on the left ring finger. A rubbing, scrapping injury? A couple of little ones on the pinkie finger?

Bao: Yes. It could have happened up to two hours before Trayvon met Mr Zimmerman.

West: Consistent with blow?

Bao: You could. It could also be on the way down to the ground after being shot.

West: Major discussion of wet soft grass, wet soggy soil.

Bao: This injury there is no blood.

West: Could have been wiped off.

Bao: I don't think so. It was too superficial.

West: Reiterating height (length) and weight.

West: I would like to ask you about the gunshot wound itself. Actually before that, I would like to talk about the time he would have lived. What is your source of information.

West: Are you published? Bao. No.

West: Are you saying that by working with others over the time, from outside this autopsy, from textbooks you have read, you have knowledge of how long someone might live after a gunshot wound like this?

Bao: In deposition, I told you 1 to 3 minutes. Until 3 weeks ago, I changed my opinion to 1 to 10 minutes. Because of personal experience. A case I worked on. I did not do the autopsy on this case.
3 weeks ago, a 40 yr old, shot by father, through the heart, called 911 right away. He was in pain, made painful noise, 911 people heard it, he was pronounced dead after 10 minutes. That is his frame of reference for his changing his opinion 3 weeks ago.

West: Did you say, immediately following the shot, Trayvon would not have been able to move.

Bao: From the case 3 weeks ago, I think he might have been able to move a little.

West: Wants him to focus on his opinion in THIS case.

Bao: I think he could have been able to move a little bit.

West: How much?

Bao: I don't know.

Judge, no you can't approach the bench. Just go ahead with your question.

West: Your OPINION, He may have been able to move a little.

Bao: Yes, but no one knows.

West: He just won't answer my question, Judge!

Judge: Move on.

West: About the wound.

Bao: There is some distance between the gun and the skin. Loose contact, hard contact. In this case, I don't believe there was contact. I am different from the firearm technician. I use the definition. If stippling, I use the term intermediate range.

.4 inch to four feet.

If not contact, the next term is intermediate. Some people would call that close range.

West: If the shot is beyond four feet, you would not see the stippling.

Bao: Yes.

West: Have you changed your opinion?

Bao: No. I consulted some books, one being Dr Vincent DiMao's book.

West: You can not offer another opinion?

EDIT: You say tomaytoes and I say tomatoes.

West now calling the stippling, tattooing. And, reiterating .4 inches to 4 feet.

West is done.

REDIRECT BY BERNIE

Bernie: You did a 6 page autopsy report and 7 pages of notes?

Bernie: Now, photos. When Trayvon's body came in, did you take the photos?
There are no photos of the palms?

Bao: There was no blood or injury to the palms of Trayvon's hands.

Bernie: Whether it was 1 minute, or 3 minutes, or 10 minutes, he was going to die, right?

Bernie: You did not go to the scene yourself, right?

Bao: Yes. Before coming here I reviewed the photos other person took at the scene.

Bernie: No further questions.

Dr Bao is excused, subject to recall.

Bernie asks for 10 minute recess. Judge, OK.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
West is done crossing Bao. De la Rionda is up for redirect.

First goes over the issue of the notes and that he did not tell the DAs office of his changes of opinion before today? correct...

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Sybrina Fulton looks away as autopsy photos of #trayvonmartin shown. #zimmerman

DLR going over the time TM could have lived after the shot, that he could move very little, certainly could not stand up, and the closeness of the shot, his 2 shirts were between the gun and his skin.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Bao is off the stand. Court is in 10 min recess. (He is subject to recall)

BACK FROM RECESS

O'Mara arguing about the location of weather station being used by State for weather at Retreat at Twin Lakes.

Judge: doesn't see any prejudice about knowing temp, dew point, pressure, etc. Her concern is how far away the weather station is.

Attorneys attempting to locate the weather station on their computer. O'Mara thinks its about 5 miles away.

Judge overrules. (not sure what she is overruling) Anything else? Is the State going to rest?
Bernie: Yes, your honor.

O'Mara bringing issues, about what has been provided by the State to the Court. Circumstantial evidence vs. direct evidence.
I think he is going to ask the Judge to dismiss the State's case altogether. I will leave it to the Tweeters to tweet about all of this.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
O'Mara says the state hasn't presented any direct or circumstantial evidence that #zimmerman followed #trayvonmartin or reengaged him.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 8m
O'Mara says that #zimmerman statements to police show that he's provided case for self-defense.

Christina Vazquez Christina Vazquez ‏@VazquezReports 10m
O'Mara said Martin's mom is naturally going to say its her son's voice on the 911 call @SybrinaFulton in the courtroom as he said that

Rodney Hawkins Rodney Hawkins ‏@RodneyCBSNews 13m
Basically O'Mara arguing that the judge should decide whether the state presented a sufficient case that Zimmerman should be charged

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 14m
O'Mara: "He has the undeniable injuries that reference nothing other than an attack by Trayvon Martin."

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 19m
Rarely granted by a judge at this point. But it's happened.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 20m
Defense atty O'Mara is making standard argument for acquittal as state case wraps up.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 24m
Judge allows state to admit weather report as well of conditions on night of the shooting over defense objections.

Local 10 Zimmerman Local 10 Zimmerman ‏@WPLGZimmerman 28m
Prosecution wants enter into evidence a weather report for a park in Sanford near the crime scene. Defense objects saying that park is far

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 31m
De la Rionda says the state will announce its resting after admission of two exhibits. One is a timeline of the incident.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 32m
We are back in session.

OM citing various cases that were acquitted due to self defense. Says that this case does not meet definition of ill will, hatred required for the charge.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 3m
O'Mara arguing for a reduction in charges or to get murder 2 thrown out. #Zimmmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 3m
O'Mara tells court to look past #Zimmerman's expletives and his intense interest in his community. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 2m
O'Mara says there's no direct evidence to support 2nd-degree murder charge and that #TrayvonMartin was aggressor. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 12m
The defense says #Zimmermanon9 told police he was before he knew it was recorded by a 911 call.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 20m
The defense says we will never know who was screaming for help. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 20m
The defense argues the state hasn't proven ill will or hatred. The defense says it's not sure what the state's case is. #Zimmermanon9

WFTV Eyewitness News WFTV Eyewitness News ‏@WFTV 25m
Defense now arguing for judgment of acquittal. WATCH LIVE: http://at.wftv.com/15QGYxF #Zimmermanon9
Retweeted by Kathi Belich, WFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 27m
The jury will see the weather report for that night from a park near the Sanford police department miles from the scene. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 30m
The judge says witnesses gave varying weather descriptions but wants to know how far away the weather station is from scene. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 32m
The defense says witnesses have already testified about the weather conditions. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 33m
The prosecutor wants to add a weather report for some park in Sanford not close to the scene. The defense objects. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 34m
The defense says the state's timeline is misleading pertaining to the first officer's time of arrival and it's been fixed. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 36m
The state will rest after it enters two items of evidence. #Zimmermanon9

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
O'Mara: "There is absolutely no evidence to support Mr. #Zimmerman acted in ill-will or hatred." #TrayvonMartin

Defense says the state can't prove "ill will, spite or hatred"--all necessary for 2nd degree murder. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 24s
.@markomaralaw: Ill will and hatred almost always comes out of cases where people know each other. #Zimmermanon9

O'Mara says ill will and hatred doesn't grow so quickly as during a short, first-time encounter. #Zimmermanon9

-----
Mantei up for response to OM:

First, the defense is the one that has to prove a case of self defense.

Pointing a gun point blank at someone's heart and squeasing (sp) the trigger and putting a hollow point bullet into them is nothing but of ill will or don't care.

GZ thought he knew TM because he thought he was one of the punks that had been there before. He got out of the car, followed him, and shot him.

The first line of the first assignment he had in.......class in college is that he wanted to learn how to pursue criminals and how to stop them from getting away.

GZs own statements admit what he did.

GZ lied about where he was, told police 'you find me'...evidence that he was going to ensure that TM didn't get away because the LE was too slow.

The one time someone was caught was because 2 other guys followed them and defendant knew this.

He said TM jumped out of the bushes, then did not jump out of the bushes, then he came at him close to the car.

He was NW person but does not know the names of the 3 streets in the neighborhood??

There are 2 people in this case, one of them is dead and one is a liar.

He provides cases to judge also... states the state has to provide evidence to conflict the self defense argument, does not have to disprove it.

------
Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
Mantei: #GeorgeZimmerman wrote in a homework assignement that "he wants to hunt fugitives." Says direct state-of-mind evidence.

Mantei: The only reason you shoot someone in the heart is that you mean to kill them or you don't care. #Zimmermanon9

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Mantei: "There's no question that shooting someone in the heart is on its face ill will."

O'Mara is done arguing. Prosecutor Richard Mantei is up to argue for the state in response.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 5m
"There are two people involved here: one of them is dead and one of them's a liar," says Mantei. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 6m
Mantei: #Zimmerman keeps contradicting himself. #Zimmermanon9

Mantei says #Zimmerman following #TrayvonMartin is a sign of ill will. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 12m
Prosecution for the shock value again, dropping the f-bomb in quoting #Zimmerman. #Zimmermanon9

Mantei...a jury is not obligated to accept the defendent's statements of self defense as true, should consider all info that shows any conflicts with the statement of self defense...case quoted..GZ caught in several inconsistent statement, told a flat out lie on national TV about not knowing the law about self defense in Fl.

He was the one who had the MMA training. He's not some rube who doesn't know about the law, he's been studying this for years...GZ said the voice yelling doesn't sound like me, evidence and witness shows TM was leaning over GZ before shot...he could have been pulling away at the time he was shot...John Good relied on by defense said he never heard any blows landing, it is true the law says you don't actually have to have an injury but why make them more than they are? because he knew the police would be right there..defendent said he was trying to get off the concrete, TM was leaning over him and tried to get his gun and GZ pulled it and shot: I think everybody realizes that is an impossibility.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 1m
Mantei says it's fair inference from evidence that #Zimmerman started it and #TrayvonMartin had right to defend himself. #Zimmermanon9

Btw, the jury is still out of the courtroom. The prosecution will rest when they return. #Zimmermanon9

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 8m
Mantel: "There's two people involved here. One of them is dead and one if them is a liar."

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 15m
Mantei: #GeorgeZimmerman wrote in a homework assignement that "he wants to hunt fugitives." Says direct state-of-mind evidence.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 6m
#Zimmerman lied on national TV. No jury should take his word on anything--especially that #TrayvonMartin was the aggressor. #Zimmermanon9

O'Mara is back up for rebuttal argument.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Mantel is done arguing in response to defense motion.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 13m
Mantei says Zimmerman's lie on Sean Hannity should mean jury shouldn't take his word.

Stephanie Wash Stephanie Wash ‏@WashNews 15m
Mantel: "The defendant is the one with the MMA training." #trayvonmartin #zimmermantrial

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 25m
Mantel: "There's two people involved here. One of them is dead and one if them is a liar."

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 31m

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 34m
Mantei: "There's no question that shooting someone in the heart is on its face ill will."

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 14s
O'Mara: "Show me how you have proven no reasonable hypothesis for self-defense?"

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 29s
O'Mara: Both have had losses, my client carries it in life, Martin family in death. #Zimmermanon9

O'Mara says #Zimmerman's versions were inconsistent because of trauma after the incident.
#Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 5m
O'Mara: #Zimmerman showed restraint in justifiable use of force: he shot #TrayvonMartin 40 secs. after being beaten. #Zimmermanon9

-----
Mantei also says if the judge decides no ill will or hatred is involved, at least she should allow the charge of manslaughter to remain before the jury.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 10m
Mantei: Jury should decide which one of these individuals was most defending himself. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 13m
Mantei: Question is, was #Zimmerman reasonable in using that level of force. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 18m
#Zimmerman lied on national TV. No jury should take his word on anything--especially that #TrayvonMartin was the aggressor. #Zimmermanon9

Judge: Motion for Judgement for Acquittal, DENIED.

OM...the state is grasping at straws and none of the evidence shows ill will or hatred...

Nothing they have presented shows there was not a self defense involved.
------
Judge says thank you both for your arguments; she has reviewed all the cases presented.

Judge denies request for acquittal and asks OM if he has a witness ready.

----
Bill S. not a surprise that the motion for acquittal was denied. Both gave very passionate statements for their side.

Judge brings the jury back in and gives them a choice of staying for the defense to start or to be dismissed. They choose to stay.

OM calls GZs mother.
------

Judge denies the judgment of acquittal. #Zimmermanon9

O'Mara: The state is grasping at straws. #TrayvonMartin cause his own death. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 5m
MT @RHughesWFTV: Mark O'Mara again suggests there's "no direct evidence" that it wasn't self-defense in this case. #ZIMMERMANon9.

Judge asks jury if they want to hear the defense first witness or go home for the night. They say in unison they want to stay.

Jury is coming in now.

Judge denies defense motion for acquittal. The case moves forward to defense case.

OM is asking GZs mother about the voice yelling tape and if she has heard GZ voice all his life and can recognize it? yes

Plays tape...she says it is her son yelling...are you certain? he's my son...

DLR up for cross...asks has she ever heard GZ yelling for his life before? not like that before.

OM...she asserts it is GZs voice, sounds like terror...

She is excused subject to recall....

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 59s
Mrs. Zimmerman is off the stand.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Gladys Zimmerman says that it was #GeorgeZimmerman crying for help.

O'Mara plays 911 call with screams. #Zimmerman mother presses hand to mouth during the call.

Defense witness Gladys Zimmerman. #GeorgeZimmerman mother has taken the stand.
-----
Next witness is GZs uncle, known him since birth, was in military and now works in county courthouse...happen to hear the screams in question on TV one evening at home and knew it was GZ. He did not know at the time that the program was about GZs case...he recognizes the voice from GZ playing with his son.

WFTV Eyewitness News ‏@WFTV 43s
On the stand: George #Zimmerman's uncle, Jorge Mesa, deputy @OrangeCoSheriff. #Zimmermanon9 pic.twitter.com/S2ruisLUpo
Retweeted by Kathi Belich, WFTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member