George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it matter that they are NOT using a SYG defense? gee all that instant legal planning b4 he shot the gun, for nothing.

no? didnt think so.

boy that SA is certainly jaunty this am, what with his "big wins" with the judge. thats tunnel vision for you.

kinda like Captain Smith on the quarterdeck: "full steam ahead". icebergs be dammed.

thats what it reminds me of.

Sort of like "winning the battle, but losing the war".

One think I like about OMara is that even when things don't go his way, he lets it roll off his back and doesn't show that it bothers him. Unlike other trials I've watched (Jenny Willmott I'm looking at you!).

Last night, it hit me. GZ said he wasn't even sure if shot TM...but his first words to the first responding officer were, "I shot him." IMO, I'm sure he knew TM hadn't moved since the gunshot...and he turned his back on TM and put his gun away. IMO, he did know TM was dead or almost dead.
IIRC he said he wasn't sure he HIT him. He knew he shot at him because the gun went off. Where did Gz say he turned his back on him?

There may be life for you and I, but what about George Zimmerman? HE is the one in the hot seat, HE is the one whose life is being ruined. It is not, IMO, "all good".

My opinion only

If convicted, then he will still have a life after he serves his time, IMO.

What I referred to as being 'all good' was referencing the fact that some of us are of different opinions. Nothing more.

MOO

IMO - Prosecution just proved that GZ lied to Hannity when he stated he didn't know about the SYG law.

I agree. OMara is a masterful cross examiner. I have no doubt he will make the witnesses defense witnesses, as usual. IMO.

I love how OMeara stays so calm and polite, you would think he was questioning his own witness, not the proscutions witness. The trial is moving along at a good pace.
The biggest problem that I see, IMO, is that the judge is so obviously biased, if GZ is found guilty of ANYTHING- she will throw the book at him.
I for one came into this trial thinking GZ was guilty of manslaughter, but after watching, I'm now leaning to self-defense. I do not take TM's death lightly, but things do happen, and people die, and no-one or both parties maybe equally responsible.
I don't see a good outcome here, no matter what happens. The jury has to feel a lot of pressure, the local community is probably dreading what is to come, and GZ doesn't stand a chance in life, no matter the outcome.

Now we have devolved into homework assignments? No way this guy remembers GZ from 2 years ago without being prompted. iMO.

I know enough medical jargon to communicate well with medical practitioners but if I were to fracture my tibia when falling while drunk, would I tell the orthopedist I slipped on the steps? No, wait, a bad example.... JK lol

WOW! I thought the denial for application to Prince William, Co Police was denied for academic credit reasons...but it turns out that GZ had credit (financial) issues even in 2009. That was why he was denied the job.

D West, IMO, just opened the "prior bad acts" door. He is working to get this witnesses testimony and the evidence struck from the record.

To the witness's right on the wall are some buttons that do, indeed, look like the buttons you would use to "call" an elevator. Someone made a joke, IMO, that made me :floorlaugh:

Guess I need to look around some more and not concentrate on the witness/attorney!!

JMO

One think I like about OMara is that even when things don't go his way, he lets it roll off his back and doesn't show that it bothers him. Unlike other trials I've watched (Jenny Willmott I'm looking at you!).
Well missmazzy with this judge I"m sure he is not surprised when things don't go his way.

This is like accusing someone of being a religious zealot because they studied yoga... OMO

I dunno, Just K, up until last night when I finally had time to hear yesterday's afternoon testimony, I was seeing this case as more of a tragic accidental death case. I had necer heard the "Hannity" tape, but I picked up on GZ saying he didn't know anything about SYG right away. At that point I flipped a bit and started thinking GZ was a liar. :twocents:

Given that this is not an SYG case, I don't see it as relevant. But I'll be interested to see the defense response. Also, self defense and SYG are two different things and the witness (who is supposedly a lawyer) seems to be merging the two, which I find confusing. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Respectfully, if justice is not served, it is not all good for me. As with some other famous trials, when there is a blatant miscarraige of justice, in my opinion, our system erodes more and more. :moo:

Again, I was referencing the fact that some of us are of different opinions. That is all. I think it was pretty clear what I was stating. MOO

I will just lurk.

There's a lot more than that online, I hesitate to post links because of their implication. There is some question about the stuff TM purchased that night and I will leave it at that.

If the prosecution wants to bring in state of mind and past bad acts, it needs to go both ways. When I think of the things allowed in the JA case, I have to wonder bout the loyalties of the judge. IMo, she is not being impartial.

The Defense can't bring in Martin's bad acts because Martin's not on trial. So Martin's state of mind and character are irrelevant. However if the State presents Martin's "good character", then the Defense is legally allowed to refute that with evidence such as Martin's fight videos, etc.

I'm a little delayed on watching but I did think it was kinda cute the witness was like How ya doing to GZ and MOM

(and yes I take the trial seriously but in the midst of it, I do need to find some levity)

IMO

Yes. They are trying to gather enough little things at the jury to hope they add but but the core of their case is was this a willful planned act.. And that they can not get to. Not with what they have ..

OMO

I love how OMeara stays so calm and polite, you would think he was questioning his own witness, not the proscutions witness. The trial is moving along at a good pace.
The biggest problem that I see, IMO, is that the judge is so obviously biased, if GZ is found guilty of ANYTHING- she will throw the book at him.
I for one came into this trial thinking GZ was guilty of manslaughter, but after watching, I'm now leaning to self-defense. I do not take TM's death lightly, but things do happen, and people die, and no-one or both parties maybe equally responsible.
I don't see a good outcome here, no matter what happens. The jury has to feel a lot of pressure, the local community is probably dreading what is to come, and GZ doesn't stand a chance in life, no matter the outcome.

BBM. and WHY do you think the local community is "dreading what is to come"?

Are we a nation of laws or of riots? If I remember correctly, no one rioted when Casey Anthony was found not guilty. Why would there be riots, or "dreading" now? WHY? Are we ruled by those who would riot?

IMO - Prosecution just proved that GZ lied to Hannity when he stated he didn't know about the SYG law.

Yes he did. I'm not being sassy, explain to me why that is so important? Yeah, I know the whole "if you lie about one thing" etc., but IMO, he wasn't under oath, he was doing a TV interview (had he been charged, IDK). Is it a big deal? Please explain your side, thanks!

Now we have devolved into homework assignments? No way this guy remembers GZ from 2 years ago without being prompted. iMO.

I taught for nine or ten years and I remember many of my best students...even know some of their later outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin