George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the testimony of GZ's friend. Was it Osterman? (sp?)

Seems odd that the pros would call him, anyone care to summarize the gist of his testimony?

I don't mean to incite an argument about whether the prosecution is doing a good job, just would like to know what point(s) were meant to be taken from it, without having to watch it all myself.

TIA
I listened to it last night. The point the prosecution was drilling on was GZ saying TM actually touched the gun/holster. IMHO

If convicted, then he will still have a life after he serves his time, IMO.

What I referred to as being 'all good' was referencing the fact that some of us are of different opinions. Nothing more.

MOO

well we ALL agreed on ICA. for all the good it did justice. same state. thats what worries me about this trial. florida jurors. and thats about the only thing that worries me.

otoh, i agree with the sentiment that its ok to disagree about cases and that life goes on no matter what happens to justice in the florida court room. i prefer agreeing with websleuthers than this, especially about matters that seem fairly obvious to me.

I mostly just read along here but watch the trial on another screen. We all have our different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. After this trial we will all move on to another case where we may all agree.

Like I stated; it's all good!

ETA: There really is life after this case! :)

MOO

I agree. I don't take disagreements personally. I feel like we need to all be impartial and attempt to see the perspective of the other guy whether we agree or not.

While I want so much to either see the proof of the Prosecutions case or have this be an acquittal as I see it should be at this point, I love a great debate. I like to look at both sides.

Im grateful that WS lets us do this. I always learn something in our threads..

:)

OMO

I listened to it last night. The point the prosecution was drilling on was GZ saying TM actually touched the gun/holster. IMHO

another state blunder. one TV TH said the witness made a better case for GZ than he possibly could have for himself, that he was an extremely appealing witness, and so on.

Given that this is not an SYG case, I don't see it as relevant. But I'll be interested to see the defense response. Also, self defense and SYG are two different things and the witness (who is supposedly a lawyer) seems to be merging the two, which I find confusing. JMO. OMO. MOO.

The State is bringing in SYG info in order to show that Zimmerman told a lie on Hannity Show when Zimmerman said he did not know anything about SYG. His course in criminality and the professor testifying says that SYG was talked about...

The real question is just because something was discussed in an academic class, does that mean you absorb every info from class and apply that in your life? Research shows that students forget 80% of what they learn in class after a semester is over.

BBM. and WHY do you think the local community is "dreading what is to come"?

Are we a nation of laws or of riots? If I remember correctly, no one rioted when Casey Anthony was found not guilty. Why would there be riots, or "dreading" now? WHY? Are we ruled by those who would riot?

I personally have seen many FB postings threatening violence if there is a not guilty verdict. I am also smart enough to know most of those people are full of crap.

The State is bringing in SYG info in order to show that Zimmerman told a lie on Hannity Show when Zimmerman said he did not know anything about SYG. His course in criminality and the professor testifying says that SYG was talked about...

The real question is just because something was discussed in an academic class, does that mean you absorb every info from class and apply that in your life? Research shows that students forget 80% of what they learn in class after a semester is over.

I am just not sure that it is a lie. I don't see it that way. Maybe he did not feel he felt enough about it to talk about it clearly and correctly on NATIONAL TV!

I can tell you lots about Football. I was raised on it, But I would be petrified to go on ESPN and have a conversation about it and get something wrong.

I still don't see how this is an issue..

I know that If I kill someone in my home I have a right to protect myself and so that is okay.. I did not study it I know it..
So if I am attacked in my home and kill someone will someone come and look up this thread and say.. " HEY she knew this! IT must be murder?!!~!"

I think that the prosecution should stick to the CIC.. This is all smoke and mirrors IMO..

Yes he did. I'm not being sassy, explain to me why that is so important? Yeah, I know the whole "if you lie about one thing" etc., but IMO, he wasn't under oath, he was doing a TV interview (had he been charged, IDK). Is it a big deal? Please explain your side, thanks!

Being on TV is, IMO, nerve racking enough. Adding the death threats and the trauma of the assault and taking a life, I think it is reasonable that GZ could have either blanked out or been medicated. Or simply felt he was answering the subtext of the MSM's accusation that he used his knowledge of SYG to carry out a cold-blooded murder. Because that's what the whole subtext of the national SYG conversation, and outright accusations, have been. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I taught for nine or ten years and I remember many of my best students...even know some of their later outcomes.

Then I stand corrected.

I like this guy, and he's an Army man which is a plus (love a man in uniform).

IMO
I agree. SYG is very similar to the affirmative defense theory of self defense which is what is being argued in this case.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/30/justice/florida-zimmerman-defense

I like this witness. Very cool guy IMO

yes and the pro TM TV TH's were excited because TVM's fingerprints were not on the gun, completely over looking the FACT that there were NO fingerprints on the gun, so the point is actually meaningless and proves NOTHING. (imo)

and for this they let GZ's testify for him in a very compelling and forceful way.

not a good call in my opinion.

Being on TV is, IMO, nerve racking enough. Adding the death threats and the trauma of the assault and taking a life, I think it is reasonable that GZ could have either blanked out or been medicated. Or simply felt he was answering the subtext of the MSM's accusation that he used his knowledge of SYG to carry out a cold-blooded murder. Because that's what the whole subtext of the national SYG conversation, and outright accusations, have been. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Also do we know if his attorney told him not to discuss it before the interview?

Then I stand corrected.

I like this guy, and he's an Army man which is a plus (love a man in uniform).

He has a great presence.. Light and open and seems to be just stating the facts..

My kind of witness!

OMO

O/T Tech Issues with forum pages loading.
I finally found a way to get these pages to load. I refresh/reload and hit the X in the address bar just before it goes back to the reload X. Then I can see the posts just after before and mine.

BBM. and WHY do you think the local community is "dreading what is to come"?

Are we a nation of laws or of riots? If I remember correctly, no one rioted when Casey Anthony was found not guilty. Why would there be riots, or "dreading" now? WHY? Are we ruled by those who would riot?

Did you hear any of the jurors prospects saying that they were afraid to serve? Has any of these rally's supporting TM not chanted 'no justice, no peace'? I saw all that on national tv, I can't provide a link. Feel free to delete if improper.
I hope I am totally wrong. I wouldn't want to be in town when the verdict comes in, if he's found innocent, or if it's manslaughter and he gets like 3 yrs.
But I will say, I was very unhappy with the CA verdict, but all I could do was get over it.
It's all MOO, OMO etc...

Yes he did. I'm not being sassy, explain to me why that is so important? Yeah, I know the whole "if you lie about one thing" etc., but IMO, he wasn't under oath, he was doing a TV interview (had he been charged, IDK). Is it a big deal? Please explain your side, thanks!

IMO - GZ profiled TM, he followed him against protocol that he knew and was very familiar with, initiated the contact with TM, used deadly force when it wasn't necessary and then knew exactly what to say to police so that he (hopefully) wouldn't get charged with the crime that he knew he just committed. If he had said he was familiar with the law, and he's the only person that knows how the altercation started, that would point to him knowing what to say so that he could avoid any prosecution; so, he lied and said he didn't know about that law so that it would appear that his situation "fit" the parameters for self defense/SYG.

TM was walking down the sidewalk confronting GZ with one hand in his waste area when suddenly he jumped behind a hedge or a shrub and jumped out and startled GZ.
Are we happy with this nonsense IMO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member