George's testimony at trial

I agree LolaMoon08. When George testified before, he was in terrible self conflict - and as a result we saw his mood swings and defiance and anger.

Today he knew he was doing the right thing so he was much more calm - he knows for sure now what a liar his daughter is. And I feel doubly blessed George was all out of swords by the time he got up on the stand. JoJo finally stood up for his Caylee. He did the right thing.

I really hope this is true. I tend to be skeptical. GA is the only person that would know with any degree of certainty if KC is lying about the abuse & him finding Caylee in the pool, and hearing it in open court may have been his true eye opener, allowing realization to set it ... if she is telling this outrageous story then the truth must be obscene.

I only started following this trial a few days ago and joined this site then. I haven't formed any hard opinions yet and found opening statements and the first witness, GA very interesting. My observations so far. I've never seen an attorney's (JB) have so many questions sustained. He seemed to change lines of questioning once or twice just to get a question in. Also thought GA was a poor witness. He's an ex-detective but just kept over talking his answers. Some of them were simple yes or no. I appreciate the posts here so far.

A few days, huh? Man, do you catch on quick:))

I know George worked in LE but I don't think he was a detective. Unless I heard wrong, but I don't think he was at that level.

I noticed that too about his questions. Don't know if we heard one "Yes" or "No" alone in the whole bunch.

I thought any time he talked about Caylee, that was real and sincere. For me, I really saw "JoJo" on the stand today. There were a few areas where he glossed over things where we have heard from various sources that there might be more to the story (why he left his dad's auto business, why they moved to Florida, etc.) I'm thinking he was probably told to answer what they ask and not give up anything extra.

I wonder if he and Cindy have some kind of deal worked out....George should speak up for Caylee (and Lee if necessary), and Cindy will stand by Casey?? I think I got the impression from BOTH sides today that Cindy likes to walk around with blinders on, and I'm not sure she has taken them off yet.

This is my first post on this case....but I have been following..and I have to admit I thought George was lying at several points. The big one for me concerning his lack of questioning who Caylee's daddy was. He didn't ask Casey who the daddy was? No...that can't be.

Two times George looked down and blinked.....when asked about the sex abuse and when asked about Caylee's death. Not very good body language, George...you might want to work on that.

Baez brings up the fact that GA didn't tell anyone at the tow yard that Caylee was missing.

Respectfully snipped . . . I recall that George did say something about his daughter was lying & all he wanted to do was see his granddaughter. I'll go find Simon Birch's depo.

could not find it at WS, so . . .

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608simonburch/1/lg/Simon_Burch_Page_06.htm
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608simonburch/1/lg/Simon_Burch_Page_07.htm
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608simonburch/1/lg/Simon_Burch_Page_11.htm

I don't think George & Cindy thought Caylee was missing YET . . . later that day they caught on - IMHO

Baez asks what KC spent her paycheck on. GA says insurance for her car, gas for her car, things like that. GA never had contact with the nanny nor did the nanny ever call the house. (I spose he thought KC was paying for the nanny too....)

What I don't get is why Baez didn't ask how come you and CA let her steal all that money if she was working semi full-time and had no major bills such as rent. I know why. It's because JB wanted GA to look bad but not ICA.

I just finished watching the end of George's testimony.
Does it look like he glanced over to the DT side when he was walking back to his seat?

eeeeeeek! I just had a horrible thought guys.

What if this was all set up between GA,CA, ICA and the defense team, just to create reasonable doubt? OMG, I totally believed GA today but now I don't know!!!

I thought it was just the defense but maybe GA & CA are in on it!

ETA: See, ICA makes all these accusations which can't be proven, so GA doesn't go to jail. GA denies it all. ICA walks due to reasonable doubt!!!

Things that make you go Hmmm.
JB accuses GA of the most disgusting abuse of his daughter, then does not even mention it while questioning him. That alleged abuse, according to JB was at the root of all ICA's problems, but he doesn't ask him one question...

I'm truly starting to think it was all a set up. That's why JB's questioning of GA was so strange. I'm thinking it was all planned by GA, CA, ICA & defense. Also, that's why GA didn't get all riled up.

This is my first post on this case....but I have been following..and I have to admit I thought George was lying at several points. The big one for me concerning his lack of questioning who Caylee's daddy was. He didn't ask Casey who the daddy was? No...that can't be.

Two times George looked down and blinked.....when asked about the sex abuse and when asked about Caylee's death. Not very good body language, George...you might want to work on that.

I thought that was more of a way to control his emotions. Those were the two most serious lies against him today which would be harder for him to control his emotions when asked about them. I saw pain and a wounded man trying to keep his composure. Me, I think I'd be staring daggers at my daughter. George has told the truth once before, when Mark Nejame was his attorney and he testified. I also remember watching the video where he threw up when talking to the detectives about the smell in the car and that it might have been Caylee.I just can't imagine what he has been through, but I know he loved Caylee.

I can see Caylee in Heaven saying, That's my JoJo, He loves me.

I agree with you here. I can't wrap myself around the fact that GA & CA were so supportive of KC all along, and now basically calling her a liar.
JB asked him if he was "coached" by the pros as to his testimony. I wish the pros would have asked him the same - if he was coached by the dt. I am of the impression that it is the dt tactic to have the jury not know who to believe, therefore not guilty.
It would also explain the lack of anger that we previously saw in GA, he was expecting it. I also believe that ICA wrote the letters to her prison friend, knowing they would be published, getting the idea of sex abuse out there in the public. I do not think that any allegation of sexual abuse should be taken lightly, but it seems that ICA used that allegation in the past to garner attention/sympathy.

all moo, thank you everyone for the amazing insight you provide here on this forum.

Yes! My thoughts exactly (just took me all day to put my finger on it LOL) but yeah, I'm convinced this is what's happening.

George testified once before and told the truth when Mark Nejame was his attorney...He has done the right thing before. He took a stand for Caylee then, doesn't anyone else remember?

I think Baez was baiting him and could not believe he could not get George to lash out.

Baez brings up the fact that GA didn't tell anyone at the tow yard that Caylee was missing.

I'm confused (so what else is new...?)

I haven't been able to keep up with this case but I read yesterday's thread about the State opening statement and I got the impression that the tow yard owner and GA had a conversation about Caylee missing when they noticed the dead body smell. ??

Edit: I missed Krimekat's post.

So Simon Birch says they were discussing Caylee being missing. So who is saying that George didn't tell anyone?

I had no idea that GA had been in law enforcement for such a long time!!

eeeeeeek! I just had a horrible thought guys.

What if this was all set up between GA,CA, ICA and the defense team, just to create reasonable doubt? OMG, I totally believed GA today but now I don't know!!!

I thought it was just the defense but maybe GA & CA are in on it!

ETA: See, ICA makes all these accusations which can't be proved, so GA doesn't go to jail. GA denies it all. ICA walks due to reasonable doubt!!!

My thoughts EXACTLY!! Why IF these allegations are true, as per defense, did he not get MORE emotional when asked about sexually abusing Casey. How in the world did he NOT fall apart as he was listening to how JB alluded to this in his opening remarks? They are allowing themselves to be placed under the bus to "save" ICA. It will be all the other players, her friends, Kronk and LE, that will prove to be more combative as they are being shoved under. I so cannot wait to hear what Cindy allows JB to accuse her of and see her just sit there and "stoically" deny it as we have all seen the depo tapes and how she can seriously come unglued. This is all an ACT!!!! This is why they put them up first, by the time they get done with everyone else. GA and CA will be the only ones that look like the ones that did it as they did not take offense to being asked and accused of "setting up ICA". It is going to get more heated from here on out from all the others coming to the stand to get their dose of accusations.

That is how I remember it, too. George wasn't familiar with the Zanny name back then, was he? It did make me nervous. Caylee never talked about a Zanny.

It still comes off as strange. I know. George did very good. I hope he is sincere, and continues to be truthful. It did my heart good to think he was not willing to lie to cover up for Casey.

That is how I remember it, too. George wasn't familiar with the Zanny name back then, was he? It did make me nervous. Caylee never talked about a Zanny.

It still comes off as strange. I know. George did very good. I hope he is sincere, and continues to be truthful. It did my heart good to think he was not willing to lie to cover up for Casey.

I hope so too, he did seem sincere today. I noticed George and Cindy sat on the Prosecution side.....they have always sat on the Defense side. I truly hope that they have finally seen the light and will support Caylee all the way.

Sierra1947 has some really great videos of all the testimony from today - including George.

youtube.com

Hugs,

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member