GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just interested in what everyone thinks so far. I think the prosecution is doing a great job. Defense team, not so much. I'm not impressed with them at all. I realize they don't have much to work with though.
I feel like they echo the M’s. It’s everyone else’s fault. Discredit every witness, ask the same questions over and over like the answer is going to change. One minute the evidence is wrong the next they try to show the same evidence that they were just trying to discredit actually proves that SM was home because his phone was home...confusing. Sometimes I feel like that is what they are trying to do, just confuse the jury.

Just interested in what everyone thinks so far. I think the prosecution is doing a great job. Defense team, not so much. I'm not impressed with them at all. I realize they don't have much to work with though.

The defense has made two major mistakes as far as I can see. At one point today, the pros put something into evidence and defense did not object. Then, with another witness (I think it was the car salesman) the defense tried to object......and judge said you didn't object when it was put into evidence.

The second was that the pros said Sidney was down at PTL as part of her direct questioning with one of the cell guys. The defense should have objected but did not. So, they let stand that Sidney was at PTL. They tried to get it in on cross but was not as powerful as hearing that Sidney was at PTL.

Agree, but I'm really looking forward to the defense the most. In a side-show kind of way.

Hello! Fellow Sleuther coming out of lurkdom!
Everybody’s insights are so spot-on, I love coming here!
This case is THE BEE in my bonnet!
Yesterday, I would have throttled the defense—they kept hammering away at the Sprint man, and it sounded like a carousel from Hell that just kept going, and getting more drowned in the details.
I personally hope that SM’s Mum is telling him to do the right thing, tell everyone where Heather is, and then man up and take his lumps.

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!

Your Friend,
+Bunny

PS NL needs to keep the jury from drowning in minutia that doesn’t matter! She is the best! Stop the smoke and mirrors already!!!!!!!

Hello! Fellow Sleuther coming out of lurkdom!
Everybody’s insights are so spot-on, I love coming here!
This case is THE BEE in my bonnet!
Yesterday, I would have throttled the defense—they kept hammering away at the Sprint man, and it sounded like a carousel from Hell that just kept going, and getting more drowned in the details.
I personally hope that SM’s Mum is telling him to do the right thing, tell everyone where Heather is, and then man up and take his lumps.

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!

Your Friend,
+Bunny

PS NL needs to keep the jury from drowning in minutia that doesn’t matter! She is the best! Stop the smoke and mirrors already!!!!!!!

EpicBunny, welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for joining us and posting.

So I just read that cement was found in front of their home and AC testified SM used that for the kids playground. Do we know when that playground was done and if it was lifted to search for her there?

Sister takes the stand in Tammy Moorer’s trial

I can’t read the article because I’m in the UK but TM was bragging about the playground that would “put the best private school out there to shame” around 23rd April 2018. Which seems a long time for cement to be lying around if indeed it was done then.

I went back through previous threads and this article appears to have been redacted at some point in the process. Possibly after the murder charges were dropped?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/21/4046857/police-have-two-in-custody-related.html

But it said this

Other search warrants previously were executed on the property, Kegler said, but he did not have specific details.

Cadaver dogs searched the property Friday with negative results, Kegler said.

No part of the property was dug up during the search, Kegler said, despite rumors that a concrete driveway was being torn up.

Not sure if the payphone video was played for this jury.
In the Walmart video clearly he is dressed with the knitted cap on his head (which could easily be pulled down over his face) and as I recall in black, as if he might be up to no good.
Whatever they did to her it was completely planned & premeditated.
It could have gone down a couple of ways – can’t be sure exactly how.
Poor Heather.
The raging jealousy of his wife along with her control issues & his clear desire to please Tammy or get back in her good graces, the obvious attempts to cover their tracks plus the fact she has not been found speaks volumes.
Not only did he get his cell phone back immediately after she disappeared, he also got his freedom to move around the house & other places.
Just a few days later they showed up on Christmas Eve with his children after 10 o’clock at night with no notice they were going at his parents door.
He had always wanted his children to spend Christmas with his family so guess what – his wish was granted that year.
She would hardly allow them to see his family any time & all of sudden they are all there for Christmas Eve, unexpected & unannounced?
More than odd.
You stated something I couldn't find elsewhere.
"He had always wanted his children to spend Christmas with his family so guess what – his wish was granted that year."
How do we know that? Is there a link? That just caught me off guard.

If the scene of the crime was at Longbeard's they wouldn't want to leave it there. They might not want to take the chance of her apartment complex having cameras either. They had to put it somewhere desolate without cameras. (ETA: But close enough to get home in time to try to establish a "we were here all night" alibi.)
If she was killed at Longbeards and put in the dumpster as some theorize. Why did her phone call Sid's 3 or 4 times in a row from PTL? I've often thought he came to get her, she jumped in the front seat and Tammy popped up from the backseat, they took her back to their house.

If she was killed at Longbeards and put in the dumpster as some theorize. Why did her phone call Sid's 3 or 4 times in a row from PTL? I've often thought he came to get her, she jumped in the front seat and Tammy popped up from the backseat, they took her back to their house.
I've never been convinced HE made those calls. Yes her cell did, but, it may not have been HE.

I was going to say the same thing. Part of me thinks that wasn’t the original plan though. I feel like they had to get home and have someone see both of them there. PT landing was pretty close. I went out and drove it myself. It’s not far at all. So either stupidity or they panicked. Had to get home with the bi-lo coupons.
When SM is questioned he said the kids usually stayed over at the in-laws. Then why drag the kids home at 3am...for an alibi. Because they had exams? ok so why wake them in the middle of the night then? It’s next door they should have gotten a good nights rest and come home in the am. That’s what rational parents would do. Actually rational parents wouldn’t be out till 3am if their home schooled children had exams the next day....
Didn't Polly say she was up at 3 am getting ready for work? She swore they never left the house that night ... Just remembered her saying that, so if the kids were there and they came and got them at 3 am, What Polly said makes no sense?

The defense has made two major mistakes as far as I can see. At one point today, the pros put something into evidence and defense did not object. Then, with another witness (I think it was the car salesman) the defense tried to object......and judge said you didn't object when it was put into evidence.

The second was that the pros said Sidney was down at PTL as part of her direct questioning with one of the cell guys. The defense should have objected but did not. So, they let stand that Sidney was at PTL. They tried to get it in on cross but was not as powerful as hearing that Sidney was at PTL.
What a good observation!!

"The significance of not having that communication and especially on that night in question to have it shut off - for these people was very uncommon,” said Brown. Another key piece of evidence for Brown was testimony from Tammy Moorer's cousin, Donald DeMarino.

Back in October during the trial, Nancy Livesay asked DeMarino about a picture he said he saw on a phone shown to him by Sidney Moorer. DeMarino testified it was a picture of Heather Elvis and it didn’t look like she could walk, talk or anyone would ever hear from her again.

"I did a lot of time in the military and I've seen people that have seen horrible things. He was completely believable to me and to me he looked like a person that had definitely seen something that was horrific,” said Brown.
Juror seated on Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial weighs in on evidence, testimony during trial

BOOM! We were debating this earlier, I believed him too ...

"The significance of not having that communication and especially on that night in question to have it shut off - for these people was very uncommon,” said Brown. Another key piece of evidence for Brown was testimony from Tammy Moorer's cousin, Donald DeMarino.

Back in October during the trial, Nancy Livesay asked DeMarino about a picture he said he saw on a phone shown to him by Sidney Moorer. DeMarino testified it was a picture of Heather Elvis and it didn’t look like she could walk, talk or anyone would ever hear from her again.

"I did a lot of time in the military and I've seen people that have seen horrible things. He was completely believable to me and to me he looked like a person that had definitely seen something that was horrific,” said Brown.
Juror seated on Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial weighs in on evidence, testimony during trial

BOOM! We were debating this earlier, I believed him too ...
I do too!!
It is quite debilitating to a juror to watch a witness's character be assassinated by the defense just so no one will believe this witnesses.
These jurors overcame that, well at least one did. I think that is awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500