Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I don't think so. I have seen and read about people being arrested, charged and convicted on a whole lot less.

The witnesses you write of about seeing Hailey that day have not been refuted but nor have they been substantiated.

I do not think the fixation on a guilty party is the exclusivity of WS. It happens in the media, social media, and in courtrooms everyday. The defense wants folks to like their client and the prosecution wants you to dislike them. It is not all "just the facts". There is a lot of smoke and mirrors played out in a courtoom, by what color the defendant wears, how high their collar is, to how low their chair sits. Witnesses are asked in trials all the time "what their feelings are/were". Not everything is black and white, cut and dry. Whole lotta grey area.

Reasonable doubt does not mean NO doubt, it means exactly that, reasonable.

Excellent points made in this post!!!

Doesn't Billie admit that she went to buy drugs in Scurry County the day Hailey went missing? She made two ATM withdrawals ($60 and $80 at about 6:20 p.m. That places her in Scurry, by her own admission after that time. SA picked her up from work so he is likely also there since he picked her up in Snyder, where she worked. She gets home at 7:30 pm that night.

Working on a link.

yep! Great mom, huh? :-/ Sorry excuse for a mother is more like it.

I saw a link here a few days ago where someone had posted on a fb page that she had turned in this tip quite sometime ago because she dated Shawn and he knew the area (where the discovery was made) well because she use to live there.
Anyone else remember seeing that comment? Anyone know who this person is?

Nobody of consequence. She claimed to have found what look liked a fresh grave in the area and called LE.

I do not know what to think about Billie's possible involvement now that she is hinting that SA might be guilty. I can't see him taking that, if it came to his being arrested and she WAS involved. I doubt very much he would simply take the blame and not mention her.

But then again, Billie does not seem to think ahead very well and she may regret saying she now believes he could be involved as that could make him turn on her.

That's what is confusing to me also. If I were a partner in crime with someone, I would do everything possible to keep that person happy and on my side. Pointing a finger at them would be the last thing I would do, as it would be like pointing at myself.

Hmmm, the link states that this occurred on the Monday. Confused.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/

I think For The Kids is saying the same thing. Hailey actually went missing Monday night, except the story is they thought she was at a friend's home. She wasn't reported as missing until Tuesday, though. I think the drugs were to relieve the stress of the previous 24 hrs, IMO.

ETA: nevermind. FTK is saying the drug pickup was Tuesday. I thought it was Monday, 12/27.

That's what is confusing to me also. If I were a partner in crime with someone, I would do everything possible to keep that person happy and on my side. Pointing a finger at them would be the last thing I would do, as it would be like pointing at myself.

It is clear you arent Billie.

The problem LE have is that they don't have any evidence, plus there are reasonable grounds for doubt (based on what has been reported so far).

For example, there are the various phone records from SA and HDs phones which collectively make it unlikely that either SA or BD were involved in whatever happened to HD. There are the witnesses that reported seeing HD that day, which have never been refuted. There is the whole earring debacle, which creates the strong implication on multiple levels that HD visited her fathers house that day, contary to what has been claimed.~SNIP~

LE claims the witnesses were "not credible" and confirmed that some of the "sightings" from Monday were actually from Sunday, based on surveillance footage from the local shopping center where she'd been spotted.

The earring really only prove that she spent the night at Clint's on Christmas, returning home Sunday. Since they are meant to be left in the ear to stretch out the hole, Billie apparently just ASSUMED they were in her ears when she vanished. According to Clint and his GF, she removed them because they hurt her ears. She could only find one in the morning, and the other was found when C and N moved out of that house, ostensibly by DD.

HOST: OK. Can you describe Billie to us?

SHAWN ADKINS: Billie … well, what can I say … Billie has a very caring personality. She’s a wonderful mother, has an awesome sense of humor and she’s always been here for me. No matter if I was right or wrong, I know I’ll never find another woman like her. And she’s just the most wonderful person I know. I’m glad that God allowed us to be in each other’s lives.

-AND-

HOST: I have an interesting question here for you. What if, I’m just saying what if here, Billie make a plea, a plea bargain – you know what that is, right?

SHAWN ADKINS: I have an idea of what it is.

HOST: What are you going to do if she does something like that? Do you know what you’d do?

SHAWN ADKINS: I’d just stand my ground and say that I’m innocent, which I am.

HOST: Would you be upset with her for that?

SHAWN ADKINS: Yeah, I’d be very upset with her.

HOST: Can you explain why?

SHAWN ADKINS: Because I believe in my heart that she had nothing to do with it just as well as I did. And like I said, I believe that she had nothing to do with it and if she made a plea bargain that would be implicating her guilt on it and that would just totally ruin me to know that she made a plea bargain.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hai...e-exclusive-interview-shawn-adkins-speaks-out
Remember those 'Bring Them Home' interviews Shawn and Billie did? Shawn also talks about his Grandfather taking him fishing.

ugh. That smirk makes me angry every time I see it. :-/ It just dawned on me, he said he quit his job. IIRC, in BD's news interview the other night, she said SA waited a whole week to tell her he quit his job?!? Did she not see this news interview? She had to have! And another thing? SA called his mom to tell her he quit his job? What, is he 12? Then he says he went online to check on unemployment? Everyone knows you can't get unemployment if you "quit" your job. Idiot. Last, why did he have to say "me & Billie's bedroom?" They were living together. Why wouldn't he just say our bedroom, or the bedroom. Was he trying to get his ducks in a row? NONE of the facts in this case make any sense.

I am confused how it works. She claims she didnt know for a week that he had quit his job and yet its looking very likely that Shawn took her to work that Monday morning. He was due to start before her so she knew he wasnt at work whatever she may say to the media.

BBM
She couldn't. So she wrote it down. I guess she felt that media and LE were trying to "trip her up" by asking about things out of order, so she wrote it out, read it, and refused to clarify.

and she still couldnt keep to the same story :)

Does anyone have a theory on motive? I initially thought the Shawn may have been abusing Hailey. But then I wondered why Billie would cover for him. Does anyone think she was given drugs and died as a result, so they covered their tracks by making it look like a kidnapping? I hope forensics can be done to determine if there were any drugs in her system. I realize there is no soft tissue at this point, but in hair and nails it can be detected, right? Or does it have to be large amounts in order to be detected?

IMO, motives/causes for BJD to murder her:

Rage
jealousy (younger boyfriend checkin' out daughter) and BJD getting older, daughter getting a lot of attention and seemed to have more potential for future
Loss of child support - HD had talked about wanting to live with Dad
Loss of good judgment and decision making due to drugs
Control
HD possibly threatening to tell authorities or others about their illicit activities

SA motives/causes:

Sex/lust/pedaphile
Violence
Blood thursty
subservient to BJD
HD possibly threatening to tell authorities or others about their illicit activities
Rage
Control
Drugs/alcohol involved for sure

Whatever happened to pulling fingernails off until either you confessed or convinced your accuser you were innocent ! Guess now a days we have to be so gentle and politically correct... Darn....

Thank you, I just haven't seen this on facebook... so I wanted to verify it for those who were talking about the comments. :seeya:

DD is telling the truth with what they say there. Have to say DD is an excellent poster and has a record memory of this case. A few months now I think Shawn was angry at things Billie was saying about him. He made some allegations about Billie. Well Billie went crazyand started making claims about him on another page. Shawn then talked some more and then Billie made some posts on yet another page where she said on the day of Hailey going missing he had scratches on his hands and that he had searched decomposing bodies. Now I understand this is to make him look bad but to me it makes her look even worse for staying with him if its true so again it backfired. One thing I have to say about Shawn and Billie when Billie posts things about Shawn she will just throw anything she can at him and hopes something sticks. When you ask Shawn anything ie who was it who really took Billie to work that Morning he will answer to the point and even give names for example he said he took her to work and had told Det X that also which seemed strange if he was lieing.

Am I the only one that was surprised to hear that SA work coveralls couldn't be found? He told BD that he left them at work when he left work wearing them. Where are the coveralls???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500