Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after a look around the webz I found the consensus from many news organizations is that Billie will me making arrangements for Hailey's funeral.

Other than that, DAE feel as though we're sitting amid the eye of a storm?

Oh! um, what is baiting? This is a serious question. I hope my storm question does not apply.

Just because no one else has answered you. I think baiting is when you make a post that implies you know something the rest of us don't know. Kinda like nanny nanny boo boo.

I don't recall seeing any posts that I thought were baiting, but I may have missed them.

Snipped-

Young said the only contact law enforcement has had with Billie Dunn since her daughter’s remains were found “has been for the purposes of updating her on the status of lab tests and DNA tests to determine the identity of the remains.”

Meanwhile, Young said law enforcement still hasn’t released Hailey Dunn’s remains to her parents and that he hasn’t been told when he should expect them to be released.

Young said he understands Billie Dunn has had contact with Hailey Dunn’s father, Clint, and that he expects them to reach agreement as to funeral arrangements.

According to Young, an open-to-the-public memorial service will likely be held to honor Hailey Dunn’s life, as well as those who searched and prayed relentlessly for her after her disappearance.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/attorney-s...und/-/14769632/19957980/-/9x5whi/-/index.html

Still no thanks or acknowledgment to the man who found sweet Hailey.

Per KRBC....Kristin Anderson: Here's a look of the area where Hailey Dunn was found. As you can see, her loved ones have stopped by to leave flowers in her honor.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367360895.316704.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, after a look around the webz I found the consensus from many news organizations is that Billie will me making arrangements for Hailey's funeral.

Oh! um, what is baiting? This is a serious question. I hope my storm question does not apply.

It is when you post something that is combative or something that will make another poster react to it.

I think baiting, is trying to pick an argument, usually in a passive aggressive way. (I think), and it's best to just bypass those posts. And like you, I feel like something's brewing...like LE has been building a case, all along, and now that the remains have been found, they are getting ready to move forward. (I hope). And oh boy, I feel some justice coming. It has been a long wait, and if the perp had gotten comfortable, oh well, it's time for a new chapter to be opened. It's like the old saying, 'you can run, but you can't hide'. The long arm of the law, will reach out and snatch you back. moo

Verb
Deliberately annoy or taunt (someone): "the boys reveled in baiting him about his love of literature".
Torment (a trapped or restrained animal), esp. by allowing dogs to attack it.

Merriam-Webster'

OR

bait [beyt] Show IPA
noun
food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping, etc.
a poisoned lure used in exterminating pests.
an allurement; enticement: Employees were lured with the bait of annual bonuses.

an object for pulling molten or liquefied material, as glass, from a vat or the like by adhesion.
South Midland and Southern U.S.
a.
a large or sufficient quantity or amount: He fetched a good bait of wood.
b.
an excessive quantity or amount.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/baiting

At WS it means to post with the intent of "baiting" someone else into an argument or to post with intent to entice or "bait" others to post irresponsibly.

hope that helps

I think baiting, is trying to pick an argument, usually in a passive aggressive way. (I think), and it's best to just bypass those posts. And like you, I feel like something's brewing...like LE has been building a case, all along, and now that the remains have been found, they are getting ready to move forward. (I hope). And oh boy, I feel some justice coming. It has been a long wait, and if the perp had gotten comfortable, oh well, it's time for a new chapter to be opened. It's like the old saying, 'you can run, but you can't hide'. The long arm of the law, will reach out and snatch you back. moo

I hope right along with you. A friend of mine lives down in TX, just outside Ft. Worth. Thinking of making a visit if / and or when a trial comes about.

Just seems kinda odd that everything has gone so quiet. Got a feeling that it isn't necessarily something really huge is going to break, yet LE / FBI down there seem to have put a cork in any information at all being released, save (maybe) tucked into the article posted earlier. Heck, even Billie seems to be taking heed.

Doubly Even - Seamus seems to be biting the tongue today - which I can't say is a disappointment.

Share your opinion!

:hug: amberjul, wasn't trying for snark, hope it didn't come across that way. When I first heard that term here I had to google it cause I was too embarrassed to admit I wasn't sure I was doing it or not, lol

Hailey's Memorial is in the planning. Everyone is invited to pay their respects at this service as Hailey's funeral will be a private family service.

We do not have a date set in stone as of yet, but wanted to give everyone the opportunity to order flowers early for Hailey's Memorial. The Floral Shops in C-City are posted below.

https://www.facebook.com/Hailey.Dunn.OfficialHopeForHailey

I would consider that a possibility, the problem is that contary to what people believe, there are multiple indications that she was alive the next day. To make the argument you are making, you would basically have to disprove all of them.

A) At least 3 people have reported seeing her the day she dissappeared. The neighbor who saw her using the phone, the hairdresser who observed her with a young boy, and the woman who saw her in the company of MB and an unknown boy. While LE could not corroborate these sightings, they could not discount them either AFAIK, which means they would be admissable as evidence.

B) There is the text message sent from the phone HD used to a friend of HD during the day, and at a time when both BD and SA were known to be in other cities.

C) CD's girlfriend apparently initially said HD was there that day, then changed her mind. Also, there is the earring affair. That was found at her house, but it was only accounted for once it had been found even though it was part of the description of what HD was thought to have on her person when last seen. Plus, we have BD's claim that X-box images taken the previous evening showed HD with the earrings. If this is true then it would be a hard case to make that HD didn't visit her fathers house at some point during the day. And if she did that, then she must have been alive the night before.

All of these things would be relevant if the case were to come to trial. If the prosecutor was to claim that something happened the night before, he would have to refute each and every one of those things.

I'm just starting to read up on this case but I just want to suggest that often times it seems it's easy for people to get confused about what day of the week certain things happen when it entails a Holiday weekend. At least that's the case for me and my circle of friends.

The search warrant affidavits show that LE determined the time BD left CC using records and through witness statements, meaning that at least one other person saw her leaving.

If SA had been with her I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it in the affidavit, but they place him substantially in Scurry county at that time, again through records and witness interviews.

He can't be in two places at once.

That means that SA could not have taken her to work, unless one or more of these witnesses lied to the investigators.

Witnesses lying in this investigation??? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hey Everybody - please be careful with comments regarding BD. There are many outstanding questions, that should be answered as the investigation moves forward. At this point, BD is considered a victim also, along with other family members. If that changes, we will everyone know. In the meantime, snarkiness will be removed. So if you have something important to say, make sure you say it respectfully or your entire post will be gone. We don't have time to modsnip much these days.

Thanks,

Salem

PS - I will try to get you a new thread set up in just a minute.

IIRC, BD asked CD to call. He didn't, so BD made a report, I believe at the PD, after her SIL picked her up from work

Was it ever said why CD didn't call? Or did BD ever really tell CD to call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500