Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't bold from my phone but want to specifically address your first sentence. I distinctly remember seeing a video interview with CD and his girlfriend where she stated that Hailey stopped by their house that morning and CD corrected her reminding her that was the day before. I thought that was really weird and their interaction always stood out to me. I have not been able to find this video anywhere so I have nothing concrete to back up my statement. But I know I saw this. So along with the other sightings I can't discount that Hailey was seen earlier the day she supposedly disappeared.

Edit: stupid autocorrect

I hope you find that video. Their stories and weirdness stood out for me also.
I would like to hear from DD about Sun. and Mon. His silence about events leading up to Hailey's disappearance has always bothered me. I feel more people than SA and BD have essential information.

I would consider that a possibility, the problem is that contary to what people believe, there are multiple indications that she was alive the next day. To make the argument you are making, you would basically have to disprove all of them.

A) At least 3 people have reported seeing her the day she dissappeared. The neighbor who saw her using the phone, the hairdresser who observed her with a young boy, and the woman who saw her in the company of MB and an unknown boy. While LE could not corroborate these sightings, they could not discount them either AFAIK, which means they would be admissable as evidence.

B) There is the text message sent from the phone HD used to a friend of HD during the day, and at a time when both BD and SA were known to be in other cities.

C) CD's girlfriend apparently initially said HD was there that day, then changed her mind. Also, there is the earring affair. That was found at her house, but it was only accounted for once it had been found even though it was part of the description of what HD was thought to have on her person when last seen. Plus, we have BD's claim that X-box images taken the previous evening showed HD with the earrings. If this is true then it would be a hard case to make that HD didn't visit her fathers house at some point during the day. And if she did that, then she must have been alive the night before.

All of these things would be relevant if the case were to come to trial. If the prosecutor was to claim that something happened the night before, he would have to refute each and every one of those things.

Certainly the sightings would be relevant, and of course a defense attorney will present those sightings and statements at trial, that's a given.

However, eyewitness sightings have proven to be notoriously fraught with error, over and over again. This won't be an insurmountable issue for a prosecutor at trial by any means. IIRC, LE looked at video of a local store and discredited the hairdresser account already.

As for the earrings and Naomi's initial statement, same as above.

OMGosh....I've been away for a few days and just read about Hailey.

Typing through the tears...poor baby...I'm so sorry. Let there be justice.

No arrests so far, eh? I wonder if like DGC posted earlier, the arrest will come after funeral.

I just wish we knew where SA is and if he has been interviewed by LE in light of this identification and the location.

However Clint and Naomi were cleared of being involved in Haileys disappearance. Additionally LE have said there was not a single credible sighting of Hailey by anyone on the Monday.

I haven't been impressed by how LE has investigated Hailey's disappearance from the start so I am going to hold on to the things I question until something convinces me otherwise.

I've seen LE "stand down" on at least one case until after the funeral. LE has an abundance of what I sorely lack.. patience.

Their evidence isn't going anywhere and neither are any suspects.

I haven't been impressed by how LE has investigated Hailey's disappearance from the start so I am going to hold on to the things I question until something convinces me otherwise.
actually, in hindsight, I think LE has done a good job. What looked like a standstill, is now making more sense. It looks like some of the things they did, were done in an effort to help guide a future case? such as the whole thing with BD filing a false police report. No, she didn't get in much trouble, but it did legally, document her as a liar. And in any future court case, that will hurt her ability to be believed. IMO, it seems that LE has been getting their ducks in a row, because they knew eventually, Haleigh's remains would be found. all moo.

Here is something that I have never understood. Trying to figure out best to word this in a respectful way.

BD reports Hailey missing after realizing she is not with friends as reported to her by SA

BD and SA give contradictory information (some of which stems from the quit/fired SA wherabouts during the critical time periods)

SA gives information that leaves LE with the impression that Hailey often goes off to stay with friends without notice and may not be heavily supervised.

SA gives LE information about possible pot use by Hailey (pot - kettle?) and possible nefarious friends

LE take this information and deduce "runaway"

BD is upset no one seems to be looking for Hailey. She goes on various shows (NG) to ask for more attention (not odd to me I would do the same FWIW)

My point is, it would seem that the reason LE was not taking Hailey's disappearance as seriously as they should have is based on information provided by the adults in her home - BD and SA. Which makes me wonder if SA was playing BD and LE against one another in those early days. Giving LE the impression that Hailey was a likely runaway while at the same time feeding BD the appropriate "those dang keystone cops don't even care/don't know what they're doing" things - appearing to think she IS a runaway to LE and at the same time he is supportive of BD in the notion that Hailey is NOT a runaway while around BD.

flash forward to LE starts taking things seriously and probing.

The lies come out for which there are always convenient excuses (I didn't want BD to know I had quit, wanted to line up next job first)

multiple polys are taken or attempted to be taken BD and SA

BD asks SA to leave the home

BD lies to LE re SA whereabouts and a search warrant is executed on her home and others associated with SA.

*advertiser censored* found in BD home, child *advertiser censored* and bestiality on computer used by SA at his mom's residence in Big Springs

followed by arrest of BD for illegal prescription drug possession and hampering investigation (hiding SA whereabouts)

What I cannot wrap my head around is that with all the things that BD did to contribute to the mess surrounding the investigation it gave the appearance to some that she was not all that interested in finding Hailey.

But as many have pointed out, LE initially was not giving Hailey's case their attention because they wrote her off as a runaway and BD was the person who spurred the renewed attention from LE.

It just makes no sense. IMO a lot of the lies and deceptive things attributed to BD and SA were told in attempts to hide drug use and other activities and some of the lies told were attempts at delaying or misguiding the investigation in to Hailey's disappearance.

Sorting which lies are which and whose goal was what is where the key lies.

See that brings me back to the DNA test also.

SA hides in Billie house and Billie lies to LE that he wasn't there....

She is arrested.

Why would SA not agree to a DNA swab??

What did she fear from SA giving a DNA test

IMO Billie's words about her daughter never matched her actions...

The old saying Actions speak louder than words......

I think that tells a lot about BD right there. YOU'RE child is missing, and you're gonna lie to LE about who is or who isn't in your house? I would be singing like a bird. By the time they were through with me, they'd know everything about me, my friends, my family, my BF/Husband.....whatever they wanted to know, I'd tell them. If you are innocent, no reason to to LIE.

the only thing I give her credit for is she actually called 911 (but in hindsight she did that frequently). I want to know why she was not truthful re: SA whereabouts....did she ever give the media or LE a reason why she lied about this? Was it because of the drugs? Was it because they had invited "not so nice" people into their homes.

the only thing I give her credit for is she actually called 911 (but in hindsight she did that frequently). I want to know why she was not truthful re: SA whereabouts....did she ever give the media or LE a reason why she lied about this? Was it because of the drugs? Was it because they had invited "not so nice" people into their homes.

IIRC, she didn't call 911 when Hailey went missing. She had someone else do it. I think she had CD call. Is that correct?

IIRC, she didn't call 911 when Hailey went missing. She had someone else do it. I think she had CD call. Is that correct?

IIRC, BD asked CD to call. He didn't, so BD made a report, I believe at the PD, after her SIL picked her up from work

Actually, she tried to get Clint to do that, Billie wanted him to go down to the police station and report Hailey missing. When that didn't work, she had to go.

Well, after a look around the webz I found the consensus from many news organizations is that Billie will me making arrangements for Hailey's funeral.

Other than that, DAE feel as though we're sitting amid the eye of a storm?

Oh! um, what is baiting? This is a serious question. I hope my storm question does not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500