Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have really liked a tox screen on HGR that day. As I understand it never happened.

A New Mexico district court judge on Wednesday dismissed a request from prosecutors to test Hannah Gutierrez-Reed for illegal drugs, calling it “an ambush” against her defense lawyers.

Yah. Didn't she text that she got high around that day?

Yes! There was ample evidence that showed her carelessness and immaturity.

She had zero empathy during the trial and in my opinion that continued to show her lack of accountability and respect.

I don’t see her attorneys encouraging that demeanor. She must have taken it upon herself to roll her eyes and show her defiance. She acted like a spoiled brat in a death trial.

Yes! There was ample evidence that showed her carelessness and immaturity.

She had zero empathy during the trial and in my opinion that continued to show her lack of accountability and respect.

I don’t see her attorneys encouraging that demeanor. She must have taken it upon herself to roll her eyes and show her defiance. She acted like a spoiled brat in a death trial.

She rolled her eyes? Really?

I thought - myself included - that we were being "Too hard" on her demeanor.

But if she was rolling her eyes more than once and showing contempt, anger, for everyone to see then that is plain entitled and stupid.

2 Cents

She rolled her eyes? Really?

I thought - myself included - that we were being "Too hard" on her demeanor.

But if she was rolling her eyes more than once and showing contempt, anger, for everyone to see then that is plain entitled and stupid.

2 Cents

Yes, it speaks to lack of morals and self awareness. She has alot of growing up to do before taking on work. She would be considered a liability in Human Resources.

Yes, it speaks to lack of morals and self awareness. She has alot of growing up to do before taking on work. She would be considered a liability in Human Resources.
I can't see her being trusted to work in Hollywood again. It'll be interesting to know what she does with her life after prison. I envision her getting at least one year to think about her lack of morals and lack of self-awareness. She'll be out in no time. IMO.

it sure seems there was enough going on on that set that the producer and star would be observant enough to see what is happening. AB is too busy stroking his own ego and on the phone. He did not intend to kill HH but he accepted the firearm from an AD not the armorer and did not check it. According to professional armorers an AD should not be handling the firearm. Where was HGR...too busy doing what?
I think AB is in his own world...if not on the phone....shooting a scene. Doubt he spent much time observing the chaos on set.

I don’t think Steven Spielberg would have taken the same approach. You have to have collective order to do anything well. Without it you are setting a project up for risky mistakes. This was a fatal one.

The 3 Players

We know that DH got a suspended six-month sentence with unsupervised probation for pleading no contest for negligent use of a deadly weapon and the unsafe handling of a firearm.

HGH has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and I believe she will receive at least one year incarceration with extended probation.

I believe AB will be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter (not sure if there will be an option of a lesser charge). I think he will receive a shorter time incarcerated (maybe 6 mo) and a longer probation.

All MOO.

I wish Alec Baldwins lawyers all the luck in the world keeping him off the stand.
He’s a raging narcissist and nothing is his fault, EVER. No one can defend him better than he can defend himself - according to him.
Legend in his own mind & not smart enough to keep his own lies straight.

I don’t think Steven Spielberg would have taken the same approach. You have to have collective order to do anything well. Without it you are setting a project up for risky mistakes. This was a fatal one.

I think Spielberg is known for only hiring first-rate armorers. He understands how important that job is. But then again, his films are in a completely different stratosphere as far as budget is concerned.

I think Spielberg is known for only hiring first-rate armorers. He understands how important that job is. But then again, his films are in a completely different stratosphere as far as budget is concerned.

Right but I think Spielberg didn’t get to that level with a trail of carelessness like this. Therein lies the obvious differences between producers.

It had to be pretty bad for some people to walk off. They said they didn’t feel like safety was important.

I wish Alec Baldwins lawyers all the luck in the world keeping him off the stand.
He’s a raging narcissist and nothing is his fault, EVER. No one can defend him better than he can defend himself - according to him.
Legend in his own mind & not smart enough to keep his own lies straight.
I think AB is smart enough to allow his attorneys to take the lead. The special prosecutor was unable to get HGR convicted on the lessor charge of tampering with evidence, and I think it is because her attorney pointed out the DA's lead investigator was not happy with the Sheriff's investigation.

JMO

Also Thursday, Bowles revealed in a court filing that he had been accidentally copied on an email from the D.A.’s lead investigator, in which the investigator disparaged the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office and its handling of the “Rust” case.

“The conduct of the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office during and after their initial investigation is reprehensible and unprofessional to a degree I still have no words for,” wrote the investigator, Robert Shilling. “Not I or 200 more proficient investigators than I can/could clean up the mess delivered to your office in October 2022 (1 year since the initial incident…inexcusable).”

Vic Morrow and two child actors (working illegally) died on a movie set where Steven Spielberg was co-director. Of course, Spielberg blamed the other director, who was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter at trial.

JMO

Vic Morrow and two child actors (working illegally) died on a movie set where Steven Spielberg was co-director. Of course, Spielberg blamed the other director, who was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter at trial.

JMO

Sounds just like the Rusk set, only Spielberg wasn’t comfortable with the “lackadaisical attitude”

From the above 1982 article:

“After the incident, Steven Spielberg reflected on the aftermath with regret and “cut ties” with co-director John Landis.

The acclaimed filmmaker, who put a full stop to his association with John Landis following the latter’s reported “lackadaisical attitude” in the harrowing incident’s handling, felt immensely disturbed by what had happened.

Various reports have also alleged that Spielberg objected to Landis’ use of live ammunition on the set. (via Looper.)

The severe accident raised questions about the art of filmmaking and the complete exercise of a director’s control over a project, a modus operandi that persisted during the New Hollywood era. It further brought to light Hollywood’s “unethical practices” and evolved into a cautionary tale of what happens when “there’s barely any planning, coordination, and risk evaluation
on a movie production”

I believe that he believes he didn't pull the trigger. He obviously did pull it or at least touch it, but I don't believe he was lying when he said he didn't pull it. I think it is just a matter of the shock of the moment, combined with the natural inclination to want to deny such a thing, even to oneself.
I believe the first time we heard ‘I didn’t pull the trigger’ was at the Stephenoplous interview. He had plenty of time to gather himself by then. His police interview sounds like many other suspect interviews where they obfuscate and display their high levels of narcissism…..as does his media interview - a defendant doing PR absolving himself of any accountability and blaming the victim. JMO

ETA- AB’s shock and trauma is likely linked to how this event would probably end his career and future prospects in the industry. Just like HGR that’s the first thing he thought of I’m sure.

Last edited:
I believe the first time we heard ‘I didn’t pull the trigger’ was at the Stephenoplous interview. He had plenty of time to gather himself by then. His police interview sounds like many other suspect interviews where they obfuscate and display their high levels of narcissism…..as does his media interview - a defendant doing PR absolving himself of any accountability and blaming the victim. JMO

ETA- AB’s shock and trauma is likely linked to how this event would probably end his career and future prospects in the industry. Just like HGR that’s the first thing he thought of I’m sure.
My impression from the beginning was that he was genuinely sad and horrified that he had taken the life of a co-worker he liked and respected. He seemed even more upset about the loss to her family and friends. These emotions would be common to any of us after a tragic accident that took someone's life.

He was attacked in social media, as expected, but he dealt with that. It was a major setback for his finances and career, but he probably expected that and has since handled it well without self-pity or making excuses. JMO

ETA: I'll add he was probably horrified and sad that he had taken the life of another person, especially someone he knew, liked and respected.

Last edited:

JMO

In the interest of accuracy, it's not really correct to call them co-directors. That makes it sound like the two of them were collaborating. In fact, the movie was an anthology with four separate segments, each one directed by a different person: John Landis, Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante and George Miller. So Landis was the sole director for the scene in question.

As an aside, I'll say that all these years later it's still shocking that Landis was able to get off on the manslaughter charge and continue his Hollywood career with no repercussions.

But It definitely wasn’t AB’s job to point a gun at a human being.
It was AB's job as an actor to follow the instructions of the cinematographer as to how he was to hold the gun. That is why his union is publicly supporting him.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members