Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

And yet this article speaks of some Rust crew's concerns over her drug and alcohol use.

"In attempting to substantiate an alleged "history of reckless conduct," prosecutors shared a text exchange from Oct. 25, 2021, between prop master Sarah Zachry and ammunition supplier Seth Kenney.

Zachry texted Kenny that Gutierrez had allegedly blacked out the prior weekend and that "I think she was so drunk that she didn’t know she brought live ammo onto the truck when she went to get a gun from the safe," according to the filing.

Witnesses also saw Gutierrez "high on marijuana in her hotel room in Santa Fe while simultaneously in possession of boxes of ammunition for use on the set of the movie," special prosecutor Kari Morrissey wrote."

It's curious why the drug use wasn't pursued more through witnesses during trial. And of course why they didn't drug test her that day.

MOO.
BBM. Hopefully after this case, the industry will demand that be done.

JMO

And yet this article speaks of some Rust crew's concerns over her drug and alcohol use.

"In attempting to substantiate an alleged "history of reckless conduct," prosecutors shared a text exchange from Oct. 25, 2021, between prop master Sarah Zachry and ammunition supplier Seth Kenney.

Zachry texted Kenny that Gutierrez had allegedly blacked out the prior weekend and that "I think she was so drunk that she didn’t know she brought live ammo onto the truck when she went to get a gun from the safe," according to the filing.

Witnesses also saw Gutierrez "high on marijuana in her hotel room in Santa Fe while simultaneously in possession of boxes of ammunition for use on the set of the movie," special prosecutor Kari Morrissey wrote."

It's curious why the drug use wasn't pursued more through witnesses during trial. And of course why they didn't drug test her that day.

MOO.
Why did she have live ammo in her motel room or on the set? It’s not like carrying mints or lip gloss in your purse. You don’t carry live ammo unless you plan to use it. If you’re an armorer, you’re not supposed to be shooting off guns with live ammo.

What am I missing here? Do people who are gun “fans” carry around live ammo all the time in their pockets or purses like TicTacs? It all sounds crazy.

Why did she have live ammo in her motel room or on the set? It’s not like carrying mints or lip gloss in your purse. You don’t carry live ammo unless you plan to use it. If you’re an armorer, you’re not supposed to be shooting off guns with live ammo.

What am I missing here? Do people who are gun “fans” carry around live ammo all the time in their pockets or purses like TicTacs? It all sounds crazy.
From what I remember, some of the crew were doing target practice in the vicinity during their time off.

From what I remember, some of the crew were doing target practice in the vicinity during their time off.
That should be forbidden by any armorer or director.

Was that a rumor? I don’t recall it being brought up at trial. I hope AB’s lawyers discuss it at his trial.

That should be forbidden by any armorer or director.

Was that a rumor? I don’t recall it being brought up at trial. I hope AB’s lawyers discuss it at his trial.
I didn't follow the trial closely so I don't know if it was brought up. I do remember mention of the target practice activity though, early on.

Just speculation by SZ. We don't know if she brought the live ammunition or not and we'll never know.

Just gossip and rumours, police never found any evidence or anyone that saw it.

This is correct, I followed the trial. As far as I recall, nobody is sure where the live rounds came from and IMO oddly there was a gap in anyone seeming too concerned. It was suggested the live rounds were mixed up from a previous set that HGR had worked on or that a live box of her own from home had got muddled in but never really clarified or reached to a full conclusion IIRC. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

JMO MOO

This is correct, I followed the trial. As far as I recall, nobody is sure where the live rounds came from and IMO oddly there was a gap in anyone seeming too concerned. It was suggested the live rounds were mixed up from a previous set that HGR had worked on or that a live box of her own from home had got muddled in but never really clarified or reached to a full conclusion IIRC. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

JMO MOO
it was never proven where the live rounds came from although it was proven where they did not come from. It was also proven that the Armorer failed to notice or failed to care that 6 live rounds were distributed all over that set and on people. MOO.

Just a quick question: Is negligent homicide a real-life legal crime like it is in those multiple fictional stories?

Reactions: IDK
BBM. Hopefully after this case, the industry will demand that be done.

JMO
This is interesting to me. She was not tested that day, but the prosecution alleged that her drug use was part of the crime. But then introduced no evidence that she was under the influence that day or night before. I have a bit of a problem with that. The prosecution brought the charge, had it before the jury, introduced evidence of past use, but not of use relevant to the death. So the jury is allowed to just infer guilt. Was her drug/alcohol use part of the reason the live ammo ended up in that gun? Perhaps. But you have to actually show evidence of it in order to bring the tampering charge. I don't think that should have happened.

This is interesting to me. She was not tested that day, but the prosecution alleged that her drug use was part of the crime. But then introduced no evidence that she was under the influence that day or night before. I have a bit of a problem with that. The prosecution brought the charge, had it before the jury, introduced evidence of past use, but not of use relevant to the death. So the jury is allowed to just infer guilt. Was her drug/alcohol use part of the reason the live ammo ended up in that gun? Perhaps. But you have to actually show evidence of it in order to bring the tampering charge. I don't think that should have happened.
I got the sense the prosecutor was saying the drug use affected HGRs performance on set. It’s surprising why a drug test was not performed. Did you watch the prosecutor’s closing arguments? She explained that the evidence tampering charge had little to do with its contents and more to do with trying to get rid of evidence. She explained the reason it was evidence tampering is that the evidence couldn’t be located because she got rid of it. MOO

I got the sense the prosecutor was saying the drug use affected HGRs performance on set. It’s surprising why a drug test was not performed. Did you watch the prosecutor’s closing arguments? She explained that the evidence tampering charge had little to do with its contents and more to do with trying to get rid of evidence. She explained the reason it was evidence tampering is that the evidence couldn’t be located because she got rid of it. MOO
I didn't get to see much of the trial at all unfortunately. but the tampering charge is supposed to be for tampering with evidence of the crime. The crime is the manslaughter. But they have to show that the drugs were part of the manslaughter and they didn't. If they are trying to say, well she disposed of drugs and that tampered with potential charges of drug possession, that is a charge that could be brought against thousands of people but wouldn't fly.

I didn't get to see much of the trial at all unfortunately. but the tampering charge is supposed to be for tampering with evidence of the crime. The crime is the manslaughter. But they have to show that the drugs were part of the manslaughter and they didn't. If they are trying to say, well she disposed of drugs and that tampered with potential charges of drug possession, that is a charge that could be brought against thousands of people but wouldn't fly.
You’d need to watch her closing argument to understand that charge the way she described it.

BBM. The jury also had a problem with it.

iirc, the reason the jury didn't find her guilty of that charge was because LE didn't test for drugs and didn't bother to pursue when and how the live ammo got onto the set. The Defense was angry when that charge was added last summer.

JMO

Also Thursday, Bowles revealed in a court filing that he had been accidentally copied on an email from the D.A.’s lead investigator, in which the investigator disparaged the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office and its handling of the “Rust” case.

“The conduct of the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office during and after their initial investigation is reprehensible and unprofessional to a degree I still have no words for,” wrote the investigator, Robert Shilling. “Not I or 200 more proficient investigators than I can/could clean up the mess delivered to your office in October 2022 (1 year since the initial incident…inexcusable).”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back