Have you heard this? Padilla speaks to a caller

Its leagl to record someone anywhere- but is it admissable in court? No.

Is it illegal to record a conversation if one party isn't aware of it? Just curious...

It seems pretty underhanded from this girl if you ask me.

Not in Tennessee -- she got Padilla's okay to post the call

nothing more for the Padillas to do in Orlando. Kind of figured he would be leaving. He sure tried.
This young woman Rachel has guts. She says what almost all of us have been thinking.
How cool is it that LP spoke freely to a stranger who called him?
It hasn't been mentioned if the search area is a landfill....
wonder if this will appear on tv today.

Wow so much has been said in that convo.
Interesting that she was hitting on people while out on bond- you'd think there were much more pressing issues at hand. But apparently not when you are casey anthony.

LP's take on the balcony is intersting to say the least. I don't think I have heard that one yet.
Would be interesting to see what the balconies look like at TonE's apts.

And you know, I just don't know what to think of the Padilla's. I can't get a beat on them. But I do think how cool it is that he actually took this call and chatted with this girl. It really humanizes him.

So if Leonard was in California when he received that call and called her back...this statute could apply even if it is legal in TN:

Eavesdropping upon or recording a conversation, whether by telephone (including cordless or cellular telephone) or in person, that a person would reasonably expect to be confined to the parties present, carries the same penalty as intercepting telephone or wire communications.

~snip~

Anyone injured by a violation of the wiretapping laws can recover civil damages of $5,000 or three times actual damages, whichever is greater. Cal. Penal Code § 637.2(a). A civil action for invasion of privacy also may be brought against the person who committed the violation. Cal. Penal Code § 637.2.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

Not in Tennessee -- she got Padilla's okay to post the call

I don't think she got Padilla's permission to post the call yet...IIRC, she sent him an email and asked permission, but she has not yet heard back from him...

In my state only one party needs to know the call is recorded and I dont
live in Tennesee .

Is LP now to blame for CA being in jail ? He says CA is now
mad at him too. Getting to be a long list .

Did she expect him to put up another $50,000 when she didnt honor
the original agreement to cooperate ?

Poor Rob ...... eeoowwwww

I don't think she got Padilla's permission to post the call yet...IIRC, she sent him an email and asked permission, but she has not yet heard back from him...

I am willing to bet that LP will not care. I found it interesting that he mentioned "a friend from NY" got him involved in the case...could this be GERALDO?

If Leonard was still in Florida then this could apply which clearly defines it as illegal:

Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03: All parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication in Florida. Recording or disclosing without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain, or the communication is the radio portion of a cellular conversation. Such first offenses and the interception of cellular communications are misdemeanors. State v. News-Press Pub. Co., 338 So. 2d 1313 (1976), State v. Tsavaris, 394 So. 2d 418 (1981).

I am willing to bet that LP will not care. I found it interesting that he mentioned "a friend from NY" got him involved in the case...could this be GERALDO?
Tony said emphatically it was not Geraldo.

In my state only one party needs to know the call is recorded and I dont
live in Tennesee .

Snipped.
Same thing here. Only one party needs to know that its recorded.

Snipped.
Same thing here. Only one party needs to know that its recorded.
Providing both parties are in the same state or have the same laws.

In light of the differing state laws governing electronic recording of conversations between private parties, journalists are advised to err on the side of caution when recording or disclosing an interstate telephone call. The safest strategy is to assume that the stricter state law will apply.

If Leonard was still in Florida then this could apply which clearly defines it as illegal:

Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03: All parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication in Florida. Recording or disclosing without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain, or the communication is the radio portion of a cellular conversation. Such first offenses and the interception of cellular communications are misdemeanors. State v. News-Press Pub. Co., 338 So. 2d 1313 (1976), State v. Tsavaris, 394 So. 2d 418 (1981).

I believe that he mentions in the call that he flew back home. Which would mean that he is not in Florida.

Then being in California...what she did is illegal and he could pursue this against her.

The young lady states she is with a bunch of girlfriends when she called him and when he returned the call she again states she is with her girlfriends. She also sent him an email with her number in case he wants it removed from her site.

I think since it is already all over the internet...it won't matter if he wants it pulled or not. The damage is already done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back