Heather's Social Media

▲Moonchild▼ ‏‪@HeatherElvis‬ May 9
Oh sweet just let me know when I'm convenient for you again

▲Moonchild▼ ‏‪@HeatherElvis‬ May 10
I can feel it in my veins, the hate I feel for you and it makes me sick

▲Moonchild▼ ‏‪@HeatherElvis‬ May 11
Oh my God you're so annoying shut up

▲Moonchild▼ ‏‪@HeatherElvis‬ May 11
I'm a homewrecker in the sense that I literally want to put a wrecking ball through your house because you're so *advertiser censored**ing annoying

Many of Heather's tweets were song lyrics or quotes from books or other sources. Not her own original thoughts, just something about them that appealed to her state of mind at that particular moment.

Yes I remember reading it. That and her other tweets gave me the impression she noticed SM first and pursued him.

I definately get that impression...
I want to say something else, but i'm trying to figure out how to say it..:/

Many of Heather's tweets were song lyrics or quotes from books or other sources. Not her own original thoughts, just something about them that appealed to her state of mind at that particular moment.

I use song lyrics all the time that relate to how i'm feeling on my facebook and twitter...

JMO I know a lot of bullying is done via SM...but in Heather's case, I think she enjoyed the Q&A stuff, making smart replies, etc...I did not get the impression of bullying. Just jerky teens being jerky teens but JMO.

JMO I know a lot of bullying is done via SM...but in Heather's case, I think she enjoyed the Q&A stuff, making smart replies, etc...I did not get the impression of bullying. Just jerky teens being jerky teens but JMO.

I get the sense Heather had a good group of friends and didn't feel that she was alone as she faced the taunts. If I'm not mistaken, she and her friends referred to them as her "haters." That implies confidence.. not in HE's case, but sometimes an excess of it, when the person is seriously reveling in the attention. But I think her witty responses and carefree attitude left a pretty good impression on a lot of people here, myself included, and I imagine the same would go for her peers. Letting the "haters" know they got to you would be the losing move, something that IMO newly-confident Heather wouldn't do given her social savvy. Now I officially sound like an old person trying to analyze "the youths" and their internets so I'll shut up and get to the point, that I 100% agree with you!

Also, if she did have a hard time socially in high school, I bet working at a restaurant for the first time helped a lot with that. Working in the service industry, for all the misery it causes, makes your confidence skyrocket , especially if you're shy/introverted going in.

H's tweets do not mesh with the some of the archetypes she's been assigned since her disappearance. When I read them I do not get the sense she is a little girl, a child, or a baby. Nor do I get the sense that's how she ever envisioned herself.

Instead I see a young adult woman referring to some very adult things in her life. She was much more mature in certain areas than I was at her age, that's for sure.

H's tweets do not mesh with the some of the archetypes she's been assigned since her disappearance. When I read them I do not get the sense she is a little girl, a child, or a baby. Nor do I get the sense that's how she ever envisioned herself.

Instead I see a young adult woman referring to some very adult things in her life. She was much more mature in certain areas than I was at her age, that's for sure.

I don't think she was ever meant to be seen as a little girl—just Terry's little girl. JMO

I don't think she was ever meant to be seen as a little girl—just Terry's little girl. JMO

I've seen her referred to in those ways in many posts since this whole case started. And not from Mr. E. but from others not connected to this case. That's why when I eventually read her tweets I got a whole different impression. These are her words, or words that she wanted to convey that reflected what was going on in her life at that time and what she was thinking about. As such, that provides a clear and unobstructed view, without any fictional archetype.

I've seen her referred to in those ways in many posts since this whole case started. And not from Mr. E. but from others not connected to this case. That's why when I eventually read her tweets I got a whole different impression.

Huh. I personally never got that sense, but obviously it's very possible for people to have different impressions of threads, and I don't mean to invalidate yours! I did frequently see comments about how young she is, etc, but they were usually in the context of discussing mistakes/infidelity, and seemed to always sort of contrast the M's—as in they were old enough to know better. And how at 20, there's still some leeway in terms of maturity, understanding consequences, etc. (brains not being fully developed yet and all). Your observations about her twitter are pretty common and not unfounded, though. For me, the aspects of Heather encapsulated in her Twitter just symbolize all the confusion, pain, and mistakes that come with being young and wild. Leaving me sad, nostalgic, and grateful all at the same time. :(

She wanted to go to Australia. She loved fashion and design. She liked being short and I think she was comfortable with herself but worried about her body like all young girls are. She had a good group of friends that loved her and felt protective of her. I know being sexual and sexy are things that make teenagers feel grown up. It's common to see girls this age have a metamorphic change. Miley Cyrus for example. I don't have a daughter but I went through a change like that myself. Your body changes and suddenly you're getting attention from men instead of boys. It's like a new superpower you've attained. Heather admits she's a sucker for facial hair, band guys and a great smile. I can see sm appealing to herand I can see Heather being a shot of youth to sm. Like someone said a perfect storm. Tm being the storm.

I've seen her referred to in those ways in many posts since this whole case started. And not from Mr. E. but from others not connected to this case. That's why when I eventually read her tweets I got a whole different impression. These are her words, or words that she wanted to convey that reflected what was going on in her life at that time and what she was thinking about. As such, that provides a clear and unobstructed view, without any fictional archetype.

I think that's kind of what i wanted to say too. I'm not saying anything bad about her at all, but after i read her tweets, i feel that she...was more "mature" than i pictured her before i read her tweets.
I hope i'm making sense. :/
She also seemed to me like someone who could stick for herself and she knew what she wanted and went for it.

I found this pretty interesting on the SpringMe sight. I wish I knew when it was written.

Someone asked the question
Can money buy happiness?

featherrrrr (Heather's response)

As long as you can use money to buy Vacations, Drugs, Prostitutes and tickets to Disney.. Then yessss, money can most certainly buy happiness.

She wanted to go to Australia. She loved fashion and design. She liked being short and I think she was comfortable with herself but worried about her body like all young girls are. She had a good group of friends that loved her and felt protective of her. I know being sexual and sexy are things that make teenagers feel grown up. It's common to see girls this age have a metamorphic change. Miley Cyrus for example. I don't have a daughter but I went through a change like that myself. Your body changes and suddenly you're getting attention from men instead of boys. It's like a new superpower you've attained. Heather admits she's a sucker for facial hair, band guys and a great smile. I can see sm appealing to herand I can see Heather being a shot of youth to sm. Like someone said a perfect storm. Tm being the storm.

I LOVE this post so much! :applause:

This is not from Heather's social media, but I think those of us who visit this thread do so in hopes of gaining a better understanding of who Heather was, so it seems appropriate. This is TE speaking during a BlogTalk Radio interview on February 9, 2014:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peterhyatt/2014/02/09/-with-peter-hyatt

Heather, she is extremely talented when it comes to art. She's always been able to draw, to sketch, to paint. She is a little shy when it comes to her voice, but her and her sister both have beautiful voices. They had to get that from their mother because they didn't get it from me. I can't sing at all. She's a one-friend type of person. She makes a friend, she makes them for life, and if anything happens and they go their separate ways, she looks for a new best friend. She's not a crowd person. She never has been a crowd person, but she loves her family. She loves her friends. She loves her church. Heather's, like I said, she's not perfect. She's not. None of us were at 20. But, regardless of what anyone says, I do accept my daughter.

Twitter is a very fluid in the moment social environment. I don't know Heather through Twitter. I know her posting style and some of her social persona through Twitter. I know some of the developmental drama in her life. I know snippets of some of her experiences.

A collection of 140 characters at a time is a not a blip on the bigger screen. We're not our Twitter accounts, just as we're not the character in the bio written by people who love us.

JMO

I guess I did not take that Q&A account as bullying...just typical teenage stuff. She could have logged off anytime, she was having fun with it, IMO. I do not get the impression she was at all isolated as a teen. Yes, she had eating issues, IMO, also far from uncommon.

All jmo

RSBM: I'm glad you said this because I felt the same way. Yes, some anonymous people said some crappy things. I think that's always gonna be the case when you have teens/young adults who can be anonymous. I think Heather handled it all amazingly well, and, as you said, she stayed on, responding, and I think if she felt bullied she would have just stayed away. I work with teenagers and the comments on there were not unusual, and, in fact, were quite tame, compared to what I hear on a daily basis. Also, I'm fairly certain some stuff is in jest- the way young friends talk to one another these days, you don't know if they like or hate each other some times. JMO.

[modsnip]. She was bullied. She was approved for a medical leave from school but still attended her cosmetology sessions, doing her class work at home. She talks alot about her weight and not eating, etc. It's obvious when reading her social media accounts that she suffered some kind of inferiority complex, lack of self worth or whatever. It is this reason that I think she lowered her standards in liking Sidney, who was married. Seems she was cheated on in the past, typical teenage stuff, but paired with being bullied about her weight can really mess with someone's psyche.

You nailed it!! :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike