GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to comment on his interview with the reporter?

Yes, you may comment on anything he says in MSM. You may not sleuth though. And any pictures of him need to be taken from MSM with a link back to the source.

I'm going to do a bit of cleanup in here. If he is named a POI/suspect and you can link it, then please post it and alert the post so the mods will know.

Thanks!

Salem

Yes, you may comment on anything he says in MSM. You may not sleuth though. And any pictures of him need to be taken from MSM with a link back to the source.

I'm going to do a bit of cleanup in here. If he is named a POI/suspect and you can link it, then please post it and alert the post so the mods will know.

Thanks!

Salem

Thanks for keeping us all on track here!

I'm glad Mileka Lincoln transcribed the whole interview with the ex-bf rather than write an article with quotes in it.
This is what I understand from his interview:

He went to work Monday as usual.
One of her family members went to his job in the morning to say Charli was missing (or that they were looking for her)
He continued to work.
Her family called him later Monday and he "rushed" out to help them search.
(10:45 pm Monday is when her mother reported her missing to the police)
5:30 am on Tues the police show up at his residence and he says he then realized something was wrong.

It was a strange interview. I wonder if he understood that it could be transcribed word for word even if his voice was not used on the news broadcast. I suppose not everyone reads TV channel news websites though.

Maui police confirm torched car belongs to missing woman

http://khon2.com/2014/02/13/maui-police-confirm-torched-car-belongs-to-missing-woman/

hx7k1y.jpg

Some of her clothing has been found at mile marker 14-18. Search continues Friday morning.
https://www.facebook.com/MAUIWatch

This is not good at all. And she's pregnant. It's cruel. I wonder if whomever killed her, if it was a homicide, knew that she was pregnant. I would assume so given she was 5 months along, but obviously depending on her size, she may or may not be showing enough to assume a pregnancy. I think her pregnancy was the focus if foul play was involved.

So what is up with the timeline? Her car was found several days after she disappeared. Not sure if I have my facts straight. Assuming that is the case, and also assuming that the car hadn't been there for days, and that it wasn't burning for days, someone must have gone back to the scene. I wonder if they can subpoena his cell records? I guess not likely unless he is declared a poi.

Some of her clothing has been found at mile marker 14-18. Search continues Friday morning.
https://www.facebook.com/MAUIWatch

Why would the sister not listen to what LE advised her to do when she found the clothes?
This stuff drives me crazy! Why would she not just wait there for LE to come and collect the items? Instead she picked them up and transported them herself to LE!! WHY??? That is so frustrating and now none of those items will hold up in court if they contained evidence. They will very likely be supressed by the defense because they were not properly tagged and bagged by LE and possibly contaminated. I do not understand what reason her sister could possibly have for disregarding LE advise and messing with potential evidence in a missing person investigation. This is not good at all.

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/#!/newsDetail/24721045

Why would the sister not listen to what LE advised her to do when she found the clothes?
This stuff drives me crazy! Why would she not just wait there for LE to come and collect the items? Instead she picked them up and transported them herself to LE!! WHY??? That is so frustrating and now none of those items will hold up in court if they contained evidence. They will very likely be supressed by the defense because they were not properly tagged and bagged by LE and possibly contaminated. I do not understand what reason her sister could possibly have for disregarding LE advise and messing with potential evidence in a missing person investigation. This is not good at all.

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/#!/newsDetail/24721045

I kind of had the same reaction ... but perhaps this is not an accurate report - even if it was on the news (wouldn't be the first time).

From following all the many posts on social media I get the impression that many of the people there have little confidence in LE to get the job done. Not even sure the involvement of LE in the searching. Whatever the case, let's hope everyone helping search can stay safe & calm!!!

I'm glad Mileka Lincoln transcribed the whole interview with the ex-bf rather than write an article with quotes in it.
This is what I understand from his interview:

He went to work Monday as usual.
One of her family members went to his job in the morning to say Charli was missing (or that they were looking for her)
He continued to work.
Her family called him later Monday and he "rushed" out to help them search.
(10:45 pm Monday is when her mother reported her missing to the police)
5:30 am on Tues the police show up at his residence and he says he then realized something was wrong.

It was a strange interview. I wonder if he understood that it could be transcribed word for word even if his voice was not used on the news broadcast. I suppose not everyone reads TV channel news websites though.

His response to her car being burned out is very interesting. The subject was sensitive to him by his response.

Mileka: "What do you think about the fact that the car was found torched and on its side?"

Steven: "I'm not really sure what to think about that yet."

Mileka: "Is that a problem area?"

Steven: "I mean, probably. Did they say that was the ONLY car torched and flipped over, 'cause that's a load of crap. There's like a dozen of them down there.

Mileka: "Oh, really? So this is something that happens in that area a lot? I don't know --that's why I'm asking."

Steven: "Yeah, Peahi is a pretty bad notorious area for people who steal cars to go and ditch them.

Mileka: "And so what do they do? Strip them and torch them?"

Steven: "From what I've seen just by driving by, yeah - it looks like it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members