Hoax Revealed? Family proves they tipped gay waitress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm so she wanted to spit in their food BEFORE they got the check and wrote the supposed note with no tip?

Hadn't they already eaten at that point?

I get the impression that when the family thought the hostess said "Dan" and Dayna was their waitress, they made the comment about being surprised (because of misunderstanding the HOSTESS) and Dayna took it to mean more than it did. JMO!

Oh wow....what a SHOCKING and SURPRISING turn of events. :liar:

Why would you laugh at someone (Saldana) whose only fault was doing something kind? If this was a hoax, the fault lies with the perpetrator. I find it disturbing that people will point and laugh at others because they tried to do a kindness for someone.

Do you have an issue with it being a hoax?

I think there should be a very gracious apology to the family that was maliciously lied about.

I don't think it was kind, it was jumping on a bandwagon, one she should feel silly for jumping aboard.

Morales later responded that it took every fiber of her being not to spit in the couple's food, but her faith in humanity was now restored.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-offensive-note-instead-tip-claim-hoax.html

If the restaurant owners don't fire her they are idiots. Who wants to eat at a place where this sort of thing goes on AND waiters threaten to spit in customers food? Sheesh! Heck even if they DO fire her they are going to lose business.

And this place is not cheap...word will get around...menu here: http://gallopbistro.com/?page_id=774

So the appropriate response to people who fall for hoaxes, and respond by doing something kind is... Laughter and ridicule. Got it.

Do you have an issue with it being a hoax?

I think there should be a very gracious apology to the family that was maliciously lied about.

I don't think it was kind, it was jumping on a bandwagon, one she should feel silly for jumping aboard.

Well, it's her bandwagon, too, apparently. Which is why she went so far out of her way to jump on board in the first place, imo.

jmo

I hate carp like this. This waitress basically committed a hate crime. She created a controversy where there was none. I think she should be prosecuted for fraud because people donated money to her because they felt bad for her.

She made up a story about her being a victim/ being denied a tip because of her lifestyle or sexual preference. She enjoyed the publicity and the support she received from people.

She said that the money donated to her by well-wishers would be given to Wounded Warriors but seeing as she is turning out to be be a scamming liar, I'd like to see proof that every penny goes to WW.

I really despise people who make false claims about discrimination or being targeted because of their lifestyle, sexuality, race, etc. They need to be be prosecuted severely.

So the appropriate response to people who fall for hoaxes, and respond by doing something kind is... Laughter and ridicule. Got it.

It's a valid question, will they go back to support the apparently lying waitress?

It's a valid question, will they go back to support the apparently lying waitress?

Or apologize to the family for driving down from NYC to have their pic taken with the fraudy waitress and publicly state that the family's supposed conduct left them "speechless" so that it could be splashed all over the agenda-driven media. Perhaps they will learn to be a little more discriminating in their future witch hunts, but I wouldn't count on it.

jmo

Or apologize to the family for driving down from NYC to have their pic taken with the fraudy waitress and publicly state that the family's supposed conduct left them "speechless" so that it could be splashed all over the agenda-driven media. Perhaps they will learn to be a little more discriminating in their future witch hunts, but I wouldn't count on it.

jmo

Yes, driving to a restaurant to eat, offer support, and make a donation are definitely the things a "witch hunt" are made of. :rolleyes:

Yes, driving to a restaurant to eat, offer support, and make a donation are definitely the things a "witch hunt" are made of. :rolleyes:

Well, yes. Their actions supported the witch hunt mentality people had towards the customers who were definitely the wronged party.

Nobody goes from the Bronx to Bridgewater NJ to eat (even if they happen to have a car). And they're not claiming they did. They went there specifically to support their joint "cause" and to participate in what the waitress started by publicizing the receipt specifically to the gay community via facebook. The witch hunt may not have originated with them, but they definitely went out of their way to publicly embrace and promote it -- hence the word "their." They made it their own. Deliberately, publicly and with some effort.

jmo

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...port-group/news/2013/11/18/78879#.UpT-ldJJOPU

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/dayna-morales-gay_n_4297277.html

The witch hunt was posting the receipt and commenting on the children having to grow up with those parents, so that the world can be enraged and jump on the hate bandwagon. So, driving there to support that is diving right into the witch hunt.

Interesting note: people are far more outraged by this being a possible hoax than they are about the possibility that discrimination does actually exist.

I think that's a matter of opinion. JMO

How is it a witch hunt?

Was the couple's name released? Did people show up at their door with torches and pitchforks? Was anyone burned?

I don't see why people who showed up trying to do something good - show support for someone they were tricked into believing was wronged - should be the subject of derision and laughter.

Is that how you all react to people who make donations to fake cancer victims?

Well, I never laughed at anybody, I actually feel bad for those who were duped into spending time, money, and energy on this person.

Maybe people are just tired of rabble rousers being able to get away with perpetuating a hoax like this....so that when actual discrimination occurs, no one takes it seriously. Rather like the boy who cried wolf.

I, for one, am sick of the displays of mock "injustice".

How is it a witch hunt?

Was the couple's name released? Did people show up at their door with torches and pitchforks? Was anyone burned?

I don't see why people who showed up trying to do something good - show support for someone they were tricked into believing was wronged - should be the subject of derision and laughter.

Is that how you all react to people who make donations to fake cancer victims?

Bad analogy, imo. In that example, the donor = Saldana. The fake cancer victim = waitress and the customers who people are called upon to despise = ? Cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500