Hoax Revealed? Family proves they tipped gay waitress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is angry, other than those whose anger and, apparently, downright glee that this is possibly a hoax, are posting all over this thread and the last one?

These stories come and go, whether its a waitress denied a tip because she's gay, someone denied a tip by a miserly minister, someone faking cancer, or a kid flew away on balloons. It's why I never pass around those pictures on FB, either. Who knows if its true, the Internet makes it way too easy to fake things or get one's 15 mins. In the grand scheme, this one at least wasn't as bad as some - the family was never named, no one made threats, and maybe Wou ded Warriors got some money (at least, I hope that's where it ended up, instead of in the waitresses pocket).

What isn't angering, but IS disturbing, is the mocking of people whose only fault was to believe a story and offer support, in the way of showing up and making a donation. Didn't "witch hunt", just showed up because they thought a wrong had been done. Maybe the same kind of wrong they'd experienced personally, so they felt a connection. Who knows. All I know is its pretty sad that on a victim friendly site, people who were taken in get held up for ridicule.

I don't think there would be so much ridicule towards people who fell for a hoax by someone pretending to have cancer. But since the people who fell for it are allies and donated money to the LGBT cause, it's different. Also, I've never heard about people not trusting those who say they have a disease even though there are hoaxes all the time, but now apparently ~no one will believe when gays suffered discrimination~ because of this one hoax. They hear about one hoax and now all gays are suspected liars. Sounds like some are just looking for an excuse.

I don't think there would be so much ridicule towards people who fell for a hoax by someone pretending to have cancer. But since the people who fell for it are allies and donated money to the LGBT cause, it's different. Also, I've never heard about people not trusting those who say they have a disease even though there are hoaxes all the time, but now apparently ~no one will believe when gays suffered discrimination~ because of this one hoax. They hear about one hoax and now all gays are suspected liars. Sounds like some are just looking for an excuse.

What I am sick of is constantly being bombarded by in your face gays.they have an agenda. They are defining who they are by their sexuality. Ok, so I am heterosexual. I do not define who I am by my sexuality, nor would I if I were gay. Sexuality is the last thing I would define myself by as I consider a persons sex life personal regardless of their sexuality. I define a person by their character and Dayna certainly is lacking in that!

Mods, sorry if I've crossed a. Line....getting a little worked up, off to cool off now.

but now apparently ~no one will believe when gays suffered discrimination~ because of this one hoax. They hear about one hoax and now all gays are suspected liars. Sounds like some are just looking for an excuse.

That's not what was said. What was said is "When you lie to make someone LOOK homophobic,you weaken your cause."

Quite different from what you're implying.

Also, I've never heard about people not trusting those who say they have a disease even though there are hoaxes all the time,

Personally, I don't anyone who seems to be presenting their highly dramatised personal situation on the Internet to attract sympathy and/or money. Even when these things aren't hoaxes, they often look very different once you hear the other side of the story.

What I am sick of is constantly being bombarded by in your face gays.they have an agenda. They are defining who they are by their sexuality.

This may have something to do with the fact that non-gays spent several centuries defining gays solely by their sexuality.

Also - with the greatest possible respect - how do you know you aren't constantly encountering gay people who aren't "in your face"?

TOPIC: was this a scam or was it legit?

OFF TOPIC: gay rights

At least a dozen alerts, countless posts removed, many posts worthy of a time out due to attacking members, three posts criticizing our forum.....

Yeah, it's time to close this thread. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member