Homegate Hotel

Both times the pizzas were delivered to the same address and the same room #150. One receipt had the extension # 262

It could be as simple as different people taking the orders, one failed to ask for the ext. and one did ask for it.

I would think that room 150's extension would be extension 150 -- as the extenstions usually correspond with the room numbers:waitasec: unless this hotel is set up specifically different for privacy issues

I don't have a link, but I remember LM saying that one picture was EJ and her twin brother, and the other is of her mother. He said she never travels without them.

I remember this info too. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't from a news report. I'd wager a guess that it's in the "questions for the family" thread and was posted by BeanE for MissingGabe.

If that's a king size bed it would support my belief that her room there was not the one that the pictures were taken in and that they need to be looking for a different room at the same hotel.

I am just a bit confused -- are there pictures that show Gabriel in a two bed room as well as the pic MomT posted with the King Size bed? I think this would be very important, and I don't see her changing rooms without calling more attention to herself -- LE would certainly have the information if she did change rooms

I remember this info too. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't from a news report. I'd wager a guess that it's in the "questions for the family" thread and was posted by BeanE for MissingGabe.

Actually, I am sure that the pictures were discussed before MG came here, and before we had a separate forum for Gabriel -- I will go try to find the posts!

LE and Armes needs to get a list of who stayed at the Homegate that whole week...

I found an article that discusses the framed pictures on the nightstand

http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-feeds/yahoo-news/New-Pics-81822177.html

The newly-released pictures also reveal Gabriel's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, brought family photos when she fled. Tempe Police say it looks like Johnson's mother and brother are in picture frames placed on a motel nightstand.

Posted on January 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM

So two rooms, one with double beds and one with a King -- hmmn I wonder if TayJay took H to Six Flags for Christmas

It has been suggested that the Smiths might have gone to San Antonio during this time. I certainly wouldn't put it past them, wasn't LE involved in questioning them at that time, and wouldn't LE have discovered if they did travel there by now?

I'm currently reading reviews about this hotel.

A few things to note:
The front desk is only operational between 7 AM and 11 PM. Outside of those hours, guests have to walk to the hotel next door for anything they need.
Lots of complaints about rooms being dirty when people check in.
Hotel DOES have free wi-fi.
Guests stating the hotel was hard to find, even with a GPS.
There seems to be a problem with keeping good housekeeping staff there.
Six Flags about 10 minutes away.
Seems to be a common theme for guests to have to switch rooms due to uncleanliness, A/C problems, and issues with things like Fridges or TV's not working.
The Subway is a 2 minute walk away.

ALSO, Snipped from: http://www.hotels.com/ho212011/home...iesta-park-san-antonio-united-states/#reviews
We do apologize about the inconvenience you had with your stay, we have hired a new housekeeping supervisor and have begun extensive housekeeping trainig. We do also apologize for linen not being in the room. The linen is always available at the front desk upon request. We value your comments, and hope to see you all come and see the changes here at the Homegate suites.

Posted by Hotel Management on Jan 9, 2010

Also, the pool is shared by Homegate Suites and Quality Inn next door. Guests needing service outside of the hours of 7 AM to 11 PM have to go to the desk at the Quality Inn. I found that interesting since there has been confusion about EJ staying at both hotels. Perhaps this is where the confusion stems from?

Just to add to the confusion regarding room numbers, the website says that there are only 124 rooms on two levels. The hotel also appears to be two buildings. If it's an even split, that would be 62 rooms per level. So they might start numbering the rooms on the ground floor at 100 and the rooms on the second level at 200? That is the only way I could see them even having a room #150 and a room #262.

Just thought I'd put a picture of the exterior of the hotel in here to for a reference as to what type of hotel this is. It's really just a two story motel with individual outside entrances. After check-in, EJ would have had no reason to go to the lobby area/front desk unless she was using the computer or requesting something. I believe it was stated that she was seen using the lobby computer although it wasn't mentioned how many times or when and I also believe she went to the front desk to ask for milk late one evening. There is free wifi so if she only used the lobby computer once, she was using something to update her myspace on several occasions during the week. I'm still not convinced that she didn't have her laptop with her and ditched it somewhere in SA.

5e77k3.jpg

Actually, I am sure that the pictures were discussed before MG came here, and before we had a separate forum for Gabriel -- I will go try to find the posts!

You are correct. But the information about EJ never traveling without those photo's came from Logan, IIRC.

Might want to change the thread title to cover the Quality Inn too.

Between Dec. 21 and 27, Johnson stayed at two motels in San Antonio, the HomeGate Studios and Suites and the Quality Inn and Suites, according to authorities. While there, she was seen with a Hispanic man at both motels and riding in a smaller SUV, according to a Maricopa County Superior Court document.

When Johnson left the Quality Inn and Suites, where she was last seen with the child, she left behind baby items including a portable baby bed and Gabriel’s hospital identification band from his birth.

After her arrest, Johnson told an FBI agent that she met an unknown couple at a park in San Antonio who wanted to adopt the baby on Dec. 25, according to a Maricopa County Superior Court document. Johnson then told the FBI agent she gave Gabriel to the couple in the parking lot of the Quality Inn and Suites the next day and signed an adoption form, according to the court document.

FBI agents in Florida were able to locate Johnson at a youth hostel by tracing her through a computer she was using there and at a nearby library to message Tammi Smith’s MySpace page on Dec. 29 and Dec. 30. Police confiscated a new cell phone, a GPS tracking device and a knife from Johnson, according to the court document.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150453

The family has just given me permission to release this information:

The hotel moved Elizabeth from one room to another.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4796556"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Questions for the Family **No Discussion**[/ame]

I guess this information might fall under the Quality Inn.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A San Antonio hotel clerk who checked Gabriel`s mother, Elizabeth Johnson, into one of the hotels claims Johnson checked in under a different name.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I recognize the picture, but that was not the name she used. That`s why I didn`t say anything earlier because I had saw it -- I was like, Wow, it looks exactly like a girl I checked in.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk believes Johnson had a Texas ID, but what name Johnson used remains unclear at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It wasn`t Elizabeth Johnson.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Where was the ID from? What state?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I believe it was Texas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk says Johnson checked in between December 20 and 26th and the clerk never saw Johnson with little Gabriel. Johnson did allegedly bring in a baby carseat, but was holding it behind the desk so the clerk couldn`t tell if Gabriel was inside the carseat.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/13/ng.01.html

Now on the show it was also reported that this hotel was near the airport but then NG staff have gotten a lot of things wrong by not verifying things. I assume a hotel clerk somewhere in SA made these claims but I guess it can't really be proven that it was definitely EJ he checked in unless LE has verified that she did have fake ID and that it was used at this clerk's hotel.

I had a new thought after reading the reviews at the link NewMommy09 posted. Homegate's guest services were directly linked with Quality Inn. They shared the same pool, exercise room - and, after hours, the same service desk (the one at Quality Inn). It also appears from many of the reviews that the staff at Homegate's desk wasn't necessarily always there there when they were supposed to be. Did Elizabeth actually check into Quality Inn, or was she merely at their front desk to request towels or service of some sort while still staying at Homegate? Even some of Homegate's check-ins are handled at the Quality Inn desk...

http://www.hotels.com/ho212011/homeg...tates/#reviews

I had a new thought after reading the reviews at the link NewMommy09 posted. Homegate's guest services were directly linked with Quality Inn. They shared the same pool, exercise room - and, after hours, the same service desk (the one at Quality Inn). It also appears from many of the reviews that the staff at Homegate's desk wasn't necessarily always there there when they were supposed to be. Did Elizabeth actually check into Quality Inn, or was she merely at their front desk to request towels or service of some sort while still staying at Homegate? Even some of Homegate's check-ins are handled at the Quality Inn desk...

http://www.hotels.com/ho212011/homeg...tates/#reviews

Great sleuthing!

I guess this information might fall under the Quality Inn.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A San Antonio hotel clerk who checked Gabriel`s mother, Elizabeth Johnson, into one of the hotels claims Johnson checked in under a different name.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I recognize the picture, but that was not the name she used. That`s why I didn`t say anything earlier because I had saw it -- I was like, Wow, it looks exactly like a girl I checked in.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk believes Johnson had a Texas ID, but what name Johnson used remains unclear at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It wasn`t Elizabeth Johnson.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Where was the ID from? What state?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I believe it was Texas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk says Johnson checked in between December 20 and 26th and the clerk never saw Johnson with little Gabriel. Johnson did allegedly bring in a baby carseat, but was holding it behind the desk so the clerk couldn`t tell if Gabriel was inside the carseat.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/13/ng.01.html

Now on the show it was also reported that this hotel was near the airport but then NG staff have gotten a lot of things wrong by not verifying things. I assume a hotel clerk somewhere in SA made these claims but I guess it can't really be proven that it was definitely EJ he checked in unless LE has verified that she did have fake ID and that it was used at this clerk's hotel.

That is vague 12/20 to 12/26 ... Im sure they know what day she checked in.....

Since both hotel have the same address maybe we should check out if they have a room #262 and if they do who was saying there....
I see that no pictures were taken from the Quality Inn

It would be Odd to bring in a empty car seat into Quality Inn:waitasec:
unless she carried all her belongings leaving Homegate and walking to Quaility Inn.....Nothing was mentioned in article that she had backpack etc....with her while checking in

Then the car seat later found the her abandoned car....
Was the seat strapped down like it was used or just placed in the car.....

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-san...sstate=&type=&sradius=&sstate_country=&scity=

Here is a visual of the Quality Inn and the Homegate. The Quality Inn is the green roofed building in the foreground. You can see the Homegate in the background and there is a parking lot between them.

2cgyjus.jpg

Here is a satellite image of the two hotels.

9zpssk.jpg

Also from that KPHO video, here is a screencap of who the reporter was calling "the owner" of the hotel and you can see some garbage dumpsters in the background that are easily accessible it seems. Those dumpsters could even belong to the business next door.

2mc947s.jpg

Now that I look at that picture of the hotel "owner" again, doesn't she fit the description of "Cheryl"? I wonder what her husband looks like. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back