Homegate Hotel

I had a new thought after reading the reviews at the link NewMommy09 posted. Homegate's guest services were directly linked with Quality Inn. They shared the same pool, exercise room - and, after hours, the same service desk (the one at Quality Inn). It also appears from many of the reviews that the staff at Homegate's desk wasn't necessarily always there there when they were supposed to be. Did Elizabeth actually check into Quality Inn, or was she merely at their front desk to request towels or service of some sort while still staying at Homegate? Even some of Homegate's check-ins are handled at the Quality Inn desk...

http://www.hotels.com/ho212011/homeg...tates/#reviews

That's what I was thinking too. I would assume that if Quality Inn staff can check in guests for the Homegate Suites, their computer system would be linked as well. Maybe that's why the report is worded the way it is, Elizabeth stayed at two hotels. Two hotels being a single entity, rather than Elizabeth actually stayed at both hotels?
BeanE, did the family say if Elizabeth was in a Homegate room and switched to another Homegate room? Or is there a possibility she was actually switched between the hotels?

I also wonder if LE has checked any surveillance tapes from the Quality Inn (IIRC).

I always wondered why she would get two rooms for the same night, but I think one possibility MIGHT be that she rented that other room in her name for the adoptive parents to stay in. That way they would have no record of them (adoptive parents) being there in SA.

I would think the adoptive parents would have driven to SA, to avoid any record of airline travel etc, and wanting to stay completely invisible, EJ would a rent a room in her name, this keeps the "agency" and adoptive parents "invisible" for the most part.

That's what I was thinking too. I would assume that if Quality Inn staff can check in guests for the Homegate Suites, their computer system would be linked as well. Maybe that's why the report is worded the way it is, Elizabeth stayed at two hotels. Two hotels being a single entity, rather than Elizabeth actually stayed at both hotels?
BeanE, did the family say if Elizabeth was in a Homegate room and switched to another Homegate room? Or is there a possibility she was actually switched between the hotels?

BeanE was able to confirm with the family that EJ had switched rooms at Homegate. (Probably an upgrade.) It was also stated that some of Gabriel's things (including his hospital bracelet) were left behind - I believe at Quality Inn. I am wondering if that is really evidence that EJ stayed there, or if those things could have been left behind by the 'adoptive parents'?

BeanE was able to confirm with the family that EJ had switched rooms at Homegate. (Probably an upgrade.) It was also stated that some of Gabriel's things (including his hospital bracelet) were left behind - I believe at Quality Inn. I am wondering if that is really evidence that EJ stayed there, or if those things could have been left behind by the 'adoptive parents'?

Were her and Gabriel's personal belongings left in both rooms or just the Quality Inn? Beane posted last night that LE confirmed EJ stayed in the Quality Inn room and her belongings were left there. Could she of gave her Homegate room to the couple and then got herself a room at the Quality Inn? The 2 room thing is driving me crazy.:banghead: There's has to be a reason why she had 2 rooms that night. Before when I thought she could of harmed Gabriel, the 2nd room made some sense. She couldn't stay there after what she just did in that room but now that I truly believe she gave him away, I'm having trouble justifying the 2nd room if it wasn't for the couple or the HG.

I should go look it up, but I'm going to be lazy. Didn't the babysitter say there was no crib when she was there?

Just checked the NG transcripts. No mention of a crib. Odd how NG grilled the babysitter about, eg, the enfamil but didn't ask her if there was a crib.

I should go look it up, but I'm going to be lazy. Didn't the babysitter say there was no crib when she was there?

Yes she did but she also said there were no toys. I don't think she's very observent that one. If it was a travel crib it could of been folded down and she may have not seen it.

So are you thinking she got the travel crib so she could share the bed with someone else? HG

Were her and Gabriel's personal belongings left in both rooms or just the Quality Inn? Beane posted last night that LE confirmed EJ stayed in the Quality Inn room and her belongings were left there. Could she of gave her Homegate room to the couple and then got herself a room at the Quality Inn? The 2 room thing is driving me crazy.:banghead: There's has to be a reason why she had 2 rooms that night. Before when I thought she could of harmed Gabriel, the 2nd room made some sense. She couldn't stay there after what she just did in that room but now that I truly believe she gave him away, I'm having trouble justifying the 2nd room if it wasn't for the couple or the HG.

It's driving me crazy too. I think the other couple stayed in that second room that night, with Gabriel...to bond and what not. Maybe EJ even helped settle him in...just another thought.

So are you thinking she got the travel crib so she could share the bed with someone else? HG

I'm noodling on a plausible explanation for a crib on the 26th, but no crib at the Homegate, if indeed there was no crib there.

Sex on the 26th would a plausible explanation.

Here's the thing. LE has had all this info, and more, longer than we have, and yet they have opened a homicide investigation. That tells me there is likely a plausible explanation for all this that doesn't include Elizabeth giving Gabe to someone/a couple.

But yet, we have her and HG and the couple in the parking lot. So how to explain all this, where the HG and the couple are uninvolved in anything with Gabe, and then combine that with all this info we have.

What I've come up with is a scenario in which HG arranged a sexual encounter for $$ - or to try something new - between EJ and the couple. They would not want to deal with Gabe while doing their thing. So I've got HG with Gabe in the travel crib at the Quality Inn, and EJ and the couple over at Homegate.

It accounts for the unusual act of paying for 2 hotel rooms for the same night, and gives a simple, not-too-extreme explanation for EJ, HG, and the couple where HG and the couple aren't involved in taking Gabe.

But... I can't lose the feeling that HG and the couple are involved in taking Gabe.

Gotta catch up all all threads...15 month old grandson has H1N1....my goodness...never seen anything like it...I've got a few hours break.....what I have read so far...you guys, as always are on it! Such wonderful sleuths you all are !

Maybe one room was arranged to conduct the hand-off business/interview in and she had the separate room to insulate her and G from being cornered. If she planned to meet the adoptives and then decide or wanted to have a way out if there was unexpected police involvement or any use of coersion, the separate room keeps her whereabouts a little protected. Still, I doubt she would have thought that necessary unless an advisor on the broker's end advised it to protect themselves--again having EJ set it up for them ensures the broker ( I'm being exceptionally nice when I use this label) can't be linked to it. I can see this as being a meeting place ONLY for the adoptive parents or brokers because I think they'd want to get as far away from the hand-off location as they could to keep from being linked to it if the house of cards came down or having EJ knock on their door in a change of heart. Plus, even if they were willing to stay near-by, if it's not a real nice place and they have the money to adopt for cash, wouldn't they want nicer digs? Choosing lower cost motels may not be solely a budgetary decision--it also widens the list of people who could possible suspects. No disrespect intended to the hotel chain but... If I had lots of money, and I rented in a lower-cost hotel, I'd feel like the link to me was less obvious. History is full of rich guys conducting their nefarious or unflattering escapades in low-budget loactions to avoid being seen by their colleagues.

This is not, IMO, an amateur's operation. It may be crude and "un-shiny" but they obviously know what they are doing. Every step of the way, appearances and the degrees of separation from what is truly going on means the possibilities are countless. Every statement by TS or EJ or obvious movement by either of them seems designed to misguide the investigation down the wrong dead end trail. My gut tells me the same is true of the number of hotel rooms and even the death text; it's part of a trail that was purposely left to distract attention from the real location of G and while the broker may not have expected EJ to be quite so gruesome and edgy, perhaps EJ was asked to send a text with the expection that LM would give up. The dual hotel rooms and letting the adoptives know where she was, if the pizza dinner was with the adoptives, may mean it was someone she knew already. Maybe someone traveling through under the guise of visiting family in Victoria for the holidays and, let's just say, "facilitating" a little adoption enroute???? Yep, that's right, I did go there. I'm just saying, it's possible. I wonder what the Ss usually order on their pizza.

The hotel and it's known connection to adoption safety stops for both illegal and legal adoptions is too big a coincidence to overlook--at least for me. I can only believe little G was placed out and his mom was either manipulated into thinking it a good idea (I recognize this is an unpopular positon but I think TS had designs on EJ and G and was busy running her own personal and evil agenda before EJ even knew what hit her) OR.... EJ wanted the same adoption outcome and once trouble developed, attempted to use the info she got from TS to handle her adoption independantly. My money is on the first option. I just can't see EJ being able to navigate the secret world of underground child trafficking without detection especially since her post-pregancy emotional instabilty makes her fly off in rages.

My heart knows that TS has more of the missing info than even EJ and though she's been out of the news for a few days, she looks just a guilty, IMO, as she did when she was busy asserting her innocence!

I'm noodling on a plausible explanation for a crib on the 26th, but no crib at the Homegate, if indeed there was no crib there.

Here's the thing. LE has had all this info, and more, longer than we have, and yet they have opened a homicide investigation. That tells me there is likely a plausible explanation for all this that doesn't include Elizabeth giving Gabe to someone/a couple.

But yet, we have her and HG and the couple in the parking lot. So how to explain all this, where the HG and the couple are uninvolved in anything with Gabe, and then combine that with all this info we have.

What I've come up with is a scenario in which HG arranged a sexual encounter for $$ - or to try something new - between EJ and the couple. They would not want to deal with Gabe while doing their thing. So I've got HG with Gabe in the travel crib at the Quality Inn, and EJ and the couple over at Homegate.

It accounts for the unusual act of paying for 2 hotel rooms for the same night, and gives a simple, not-too-extreme explanation for EJ, HG, and the couple where HG and the couple aren't involved in taking Gabe.

But... I can't lose the feeling that HG and the couple are involved in taking Gabe.

Maybe this is a question for Logan? Was EJ ever sexually promiscuous (I know she tried to claim there was a possible other father, but was that just to hurt LM)? He has known her a long time. I know anybody can turn to drugs or prostitution if in dire straits...but I am a germ-a-phob...it would take a lot for me to sleep with just anyone (I would try to figure something else out). I would just be curious about EJs history and if LM would think she is capable of that.

Also, do we know if the portable crib was provided by the hotel? I do know when LM was asked to clean out his trailer, someone that helped him stated that she folded up Gabriel's play yard. If this crib in question was a play yard (not provided by the hotel), could the other couple have brought it?

Wow, good feeling gone if that is what happened. I guess anything is possible, especially in this case.

I think the addition of the portable crib supports the theory of the couple having Gabriel in the room with them at the Quality Inn and leaving with him the next morning-the 27th. I know Elizabeth's stuff could have been found in this room but that doesn't mean she slept there. How would LE know she slept there for a fact? I think the fact that this hotel is known for their relationships with illegal/legal adoption agencies and she was seen with a man walking across the parking lot to meet a couple is a huge a coincidence. Especially for a woman who was trying to give her son up for adoption. This along with her MS messages during the week-Where there's a will, there's a way. It just seems like she had a plan.

Wow, good feeling gone if that is what happened. I guess anything is possible, especially in this case.

I think the addition of the portable crib supports the theory of the couple having Gabriel in the room with them at the Quality Inn and leaving with him the next morning-the 27th. I know Elizabeth's stuff could have been found in this room but that doesn't mean she slept there. How would LE know she slept there for a fact? I think the fact that this hotel is known for their relationships with adoption agencies and the fact that she was seen with man walking across the parking lot to meet a couple is a huge a coincidence for a woman who was trying to give her son up for adoption. This along with her MS messages during the week-Where there's a will, there's a way. It just seems like she had a plan.

I agree. The only thing I'm having a hard time reconciling is EJ getting a room for the couple. I can't think of a reason they wouldn't get a room themselves that seems plausible. They could have gotten a room across town at a hotel EJ didn't know about if they wanted to do that. And if you're involved in a baby brokering deal, you sure as heck don't want to have everybody involved all staying at the same hotel, and all seen together right outside in the open.

Of course... I've never brokered, sold, or kidnapped a baby so I don't know how much concern there is about getting caught. Just guessing.

The riskiness though could be why Eliz was pacing and nervous.

ETA: And don't let go of your good feeling. We're just working out all the details. The information we have now is very compelling toward Elizabeth giving Gabe to someone.

Maybe part of the plan was EJ being instructed to rent a room at Quality to facilitate the transfer of Gabriel to his new 'parents'.
Just a guess and MOO...

Has it been stated how the second room was paid for? Cash? Credit card?

Isn't the information about the hotels, the 3 adults, and EJ pacing in the parking lot while with them, the reason the family believes she passed him off?

I agree. The only thing I'm having a hard time reconciling is EJ getting a room for the couple. I can't think of a reason they wouldn't get a room themselves that seems plausible. They could have gotten a room across town at a hotel EJ didn't know about if they wanted to do that. And if you're involved in a baby brokering deal, you sure as heck don't want to have everybody involved all staying at the same hotel, and all seen together right outside in the open.

Of course... I've never brokered, sold, or kidnapped a baby so I don't know how much concern there is about getting caught. Just guessing.

The riskiness though could be why Eliz was pacing and nervous.

ETA: And don't let go of your good feeling. We're just working out all the details. The information we have now is very compelling toward Elizabeth giving Gabe to someone.

I've struggled with that part of the hotel situation as well. I am surprised they would be seen in the same building together. I was just trying to figure a way to piece this 2nd room together. EJ could of lied and said the father bailed on them and didn't have a relationship with Gabriel and just showed them the hospital band with her name on it. Maybe they thought it wasn't that risky if the father wasn't involved. I mean would anyone even know about this if it wasn't for Logan? If there wasn't a father who cared involved it wouldn't be that risky. Who knows!:waitasec: EJ I guess.

Oh and I haven't lost my good feeling! I really do believe he's out there, alive. LE just has to find him!

Maybe part of the plan was EJ being instructed to rent a room at Quality to facilitate the transfer of Gabriel to his new 'parents'.
Just a guess and MOO...

That's odd to me. In adoptions I know of and read about, the new 'parents' are doing things for the birth mother. I can't remember a situation in which the birth mother was doing things for the 'parents'. KWIM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back