How is the Defense Spending the Taxpayer's Money?

The only good news is that even now, two years later, the defense has nothing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they asked if the judge could rule on the trial and not a jury. Whatever it takes to make sure the case does not have to get tried again, is the lesser of the two evils, as far as this huge waste of money.
http://www.wftv.com/video/23474629/index.html
http://www.wftv.com/video/23473853/index.html
http://www.wftv.com/video/23474395/index.html

What did we learn about Mrs. Barrett, the defense, in May insisted , literally "Quite frankly, I don't think she can be replaced".

Sad part is you ask any employer and they will tell anyone can be replaced. Plus hasn't Ms. Barrett had plenty of time to get information she needs from KC. Of course I realize KC lies but with Ms. Barrett's expertise she should have made KC aware of how important the truth will be in her penalty phase should it reach that point. If Ms. Barrett had not gotten to that point with KC then what use is there of keeping her on as she is not there in the capacity of a replacement for "Cookie". jmo

I am wrong in remembering that the state was quite clear from the beginning of the indigency process that it was clearly laid out that travel expenses for out of state experts and attorneys would not be covered by the state of Florida? And that any agreements with such professionals should take this into account? Was this not the whole hearing where the subject of a bag of oranges came up? Was the court not apprised that the experts were fully aware of the terms that would be placed because of the indigency filing, and were happy to play along with them?

Also todays motion requesting ("demanding" more like it) more investigative time has the potential to bring on the most entertaining hearing to date. I suspect between these two motions JB is heading towards a massive spanking where they will tear through his billing and his records and his use of funds. Something they have been promising to do since they first requested that KC be declared indigent.

Fae, I remember hearing no travel expenses would be paid but what do I know...:innocent:

I wonder WHO is keeping track on the money/hours Baez and team are using? I do hope JAC and HHBP are for I believe the defense has no record on paper.

I too find it interesting that the money Baez and Lyon got before ICA being declared indigent was not spent on doing any "real" trial preparations. Since being declared indigent, their nose is to the grindstone...I wish they would be asked to give the courts a detailed accounting of where that money went. Also the rest of the $275,000, where did that go?? Why was ICA allowed to keep the $70,000 TMc donated to ICA? I believe TMc illegally obtained that money, so why was ICA allowed to have it???

Justice for Caylee

This is the first case I've read where a defense team is fishing to find the defendant innocent instead of dealing with the evidence. I've never witnessed someone try so hard to convince a court of innocence. Usually, I've seen defense attorneys attack the evidence and not try to create evidence to prove innocence...Do I have this backwards??? Am I in the twilight zone???

In a court of law, a person is innocent until proven guilty, so why do I feel this defense team is trying to prove her guilty, er, ahh, I mean innocent??? Seems the more they strive for innocence the more convoluted they make this trial. It should be an easy trial to prove for all the evidence points one way and that would be towards ICA....JMHO

Now I thought His Honor said no more fishing expeditions, yet because death is different he's allowed more investigative hours...I guess His Honor doesn't want room for an appellate issue and risk getting a guilty verdict overturned. I trust in CJBP, I trust that he knows what he's doing and why he's doing it!

What ever happened to the accusation of witness tampering with JL??? Is it being investigated??

Justice for Caylee

The difference is a good DP trial lawyer would have kept it on track and tried to get a speedy trial and focused on the Nanny who disappeared without a trace. Or tried to get KC to plea out. JB is inexperienced and the goal here was to get himself paid by selling pictures of the victum. There is no moral code here and that has become obvious. It is one thing to cast doubt, another thing to actually try to fabricate evidence to blame an innocent person for the crime. Someone else COULD have killed Caylee but the jury will want to hear that from KC not from her attorney. Remember KC is the #1 resource. JB said it, Lee said it, the A's said it and KC said it. What makes this different than other cases is that KC had full control of her daughter, full responsibility and yet she acts like she could care less about defending herself. As usual let someone else work for a living while I sit back and issue demands.

We have all learned a lesson here and maybe as citizens we should be supporting some changes so this never happens again. Obviously JB is running the show right into the ground and because of his inexperience I blame CM for not demanding to take over the controls. I'm sure JB wants to get experience under his belt as a DP attorney but he is doing it all wrong so if he truly wanted to learn CM would be leading and everything should be done correctly. CM has no control over JB. This is just a power trip for JB and is backfiring big time. jmo

Fae, I remember hearing no travel expenses would be paid but what do I know...:innocent:

I wonder WHO is keeping track on the money/hours Baez and team are using? I do hope JAC and HHBP are for I believe the defense has no record on paper.

I too find it interesting that the money Baez and Lyon got before ICA being declared indigent was not spent on doing any "real" trial preparations. Since being declared indigent, their nose is to the grindstone...I wish they would be asked to give the courts a detailed accounting of where that money went. Also the rest of the $275,000, where did that go?? Why was ICA allowed to keep the $70,000 TMc donated to ICA? I believe TMc illegally obtained that money, so why was ICA allowed to have it???
Justice for Caylee

BBM: Could this have been actual time/services TMc donated as a write-off? So that there was no actual money that changed hands. He may have donated his time from taxable money in his account to pay himself or expenses so that he would not loose the money in taxes? Does that make sense? So he was working for free but his airline tickets, food, lodging, etc. were all paid for out of this money. Just guessing here. You would be surprised what attorney's bill for on a case. jmo

picture.php

Exhibit 1

How is the Defense Spending the (MY) Taxpayer's Money?

IMO
Fast and furious, only pausing to ask for more

Justice for Caylee

That money from Todd was outrageous!!! Especially since he donated it before she was declared indigent, which is outside of the rules, right?
I can not discuss Todd too long without cracking up over that naked beach video of him holding hands and running into the water. Where does Baez find these folks?

It is most upsetting that it has become clear indeed the defense is going to get amount after amount after amount, just in incriments. May....come on. I still feel the outcome is certain.
You just can't make this stuff up!!!

http://www.wftv.com/video/25568340/index.html

That money from Todd was outrageous!!! Especially since he donated it before she was declared indigent, which is outside of the rules, right? Can one of the lawyers, Richard Hornsby help us with that?
I can not discuss Todd too long without cracking up over that naked beach video of him holding hands and running into the water. Where does Baez find these folks?

You just cab't make this stuff up!!!

Link?

It was deleted off of you tube some time ago, but let me assure you it was career suicide. I remember Judge Strickland literally asking Baez if Todd paid the money as a condition of joining the defense. He is no longer a lawyer right?

I keep wanting to see what it is Baez is showing the judge for his proof that he has spent the investigative funds on things that are relevant and necessary.

Did we ever find out if the defense hired a B team for Mrs. Finnell regarding Mrs. Barrett? I know the JAC said no go to her wanting her own travel expense reimbursed, so she is actually having to pay to be on the team pro bono, just as Mason is.

This is in the Orlando Sentinel Defense bills $55,000.00 to the state of Florida.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-finances-20101216,0,2290387.story

OMG, one investigator billed 24.873.13!!!!! And was paid 21,418.13!!!! Dang that unnamed investigator is making out like a bandit!

Is it normal for investigators to make THAT much on one case? Jeebus, did I ever pick the wrong profession!

Wait, so almost half of what the defense billed is for one investigator that will not be named? Is he that good or are they that desperate?

That money from Todd was outrageous!!! Especially since he donated it before she was declared indigent, which is outside of the rules, right?

It is most upsetting that it has become clear indeed the defense is going to get amount after amount after amount, just in incriments. May....come on. I still feel the outcome is certain.
You just can't make this stuff up!!!

bbm
EEEWWW!
I remember that video....:sick:

It was deleted off of you tube some time ago, but let me assure you it was career suicide. I remember Judge Strickland literally asking Baez if Todd paid the money as a condition of joining the defense. He is no longer a lawyer right?

I keep wanting to see what it is Baez is showing the judge for his proof that he has spent the investigative funds on things that are relevant and necessary.

Did we ever find out if the defense hired a B team for Mrs. Finnell regarding Mrs. Barrett? I know the JAC said no go to her wanting her own travel expense reimbursed, so she is actually having to pay to be on the team pro bono, just as Mason is.

My eyes, my eyes ... :eek::eek::eek:... turn it off .... That was one serious sick and I mean sick video. And of course after reading about it here, I still had to go and click on the link :doh: what the hell was I thinking when I did that one.

Mr.Baez suffers from the crab puff syndrome, which means he and his cronies will pig out at the trough supplied by the kind folks of Florida, (after snarfing his way through his own clients money) unless and until someone stops him. I don't think the trough is close to being empty yet, unfortunately!!!

Casey Investigator Wasting Taxpayer Money, Motion Suggests
Defense Investigator Out Hours, Despite Recent Allocation

http://www.wesh.com/r/26302674/detail.html

Video Report Included:

In a new 80-page filing, the Justice Administrative Commission said the investigator is already over his budgeted hours even after being allocated another 100 by Judge Belvin Perry just two weeks ago.

Well, it is interesting to see the JAC finally start dragging their heels and putting the brakes on. I liked their last sentence, that the investigator is wasting hours doing tasks that could be done by a secretary.

I'm looking forward to hearing JB's reaction - he's been acting as if there is a bottomless pit to pay his special PI, with no consideration to the JAC guidelines

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back