How is the Defense Spending the Taxpayer's Money?

I think JB is getting paid part of the money that is being paid to the PI. I think they have some type of agreement between them (JB and the PI) that some of this money is being used to pay other things. There is no way the PI worked the extra 100 hours since it was assigned at the last hearing. Also, did he ever produce the receipts for HLs expenses of $7000. I think he also just pulled that number out of a hat and hoped to get it. I sure do hope the JAC is going through his receipts and bills with a fine tooth comb.

I think JB is getting paid part of the money that is being paid to the PI. I think they have some type of agreement between them (JB and the PI) that some of this money is being used to pay other things. There is no way the PI worked the extra 100 hours since it was assigned at the last hearing. Also, did he ever produce the receipts for HLs expenses of $7000. I think he also just pulled that number out of a hat and hoped to get it. I sure do hope the JAC is going through his receipts and bills with a fine tooth comb.

I made a comment in another thread that I don't believe they are filing a "real time" accounting of the PI's hours. In other words, I think the hours were worked (if I can use that word) long before the amounts were approved. I also have a feeling there is some creative accounting going on - remember all those PI's who were making phone calls - what do you want to bet those combined hours were creatively boxed up to appear only the original PI worked them. Just IMO of course.

I made a comment in another thread that I don't believe they are filing a "real time" accounting of the PI's hours. In other words, I think the hours were worked (if I can use that word) long before the amounts were approved. I also have a feeling there is some creative accounting going on - remember all those PI's who were making phone calls - what do you want to bet those combined hours were creatively boxed up to appear only the original PI worked them. Just IMO of course.

I agree that the hours went long before the approval and billing.

I never thought of the cumulative PI hours for all the callers scenario. <dunce cap>

How is the defense spending the taxpayers money? Like a drunken sailor IMO.

I agree that the hours went long before the approval and billing.

I never thought of the cumulative PI hours for all the callers scenario. <dunce cap>

LOL, my typical thought process - If I was sneaky like Baez is and thought I was smarter than anyone else, what would I do?

We were speculating if you remember that these were PI's who still had their training wheels, until some bright star here looked them up and discovered they had established careers.

Someone correct me on this. But I am pretty sure that that would be unbelievably illegal. The JAC pays the contractor directly and does not pass funds through the defense attorneys. There just would be way to much risk vs reward from getting kickbacks from a contractor. While JB may be willing to lie and point fingers at innocents in support of KC I don't think he is looking to do jail time himself.

That may be legit. Those other investigative staff may be staff, employees or subcontractors of JL. In which case all of the billing would go directly through him as one lump sum. As long as they can match up the invoices and documentation to a real person working those hours it is probably at least mostly legit.

ITA!! JB has found a way to get back pay for stuff he never paid.

So, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether or not the PIs are still working?

So, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether or not the PIs are still working?

Oh they're working...on that endless fishing expedition. And they haven't got one bite YET.

I hope HHJP puts a stop to this fishing nonsense. If there's nothing there, there's nothing there, and these PI's have done nothing but dig up nothing that benefit Casey. It's ridiculous. I'm glad to finally see the JAC try and put a stop to this. It's insanity for them to keep digging and expecting different results!

I remember His Honor told Baez he will not pay for him to drill for oil or words to that effect. His Honor knows he's fishing around to try and find a patsy to take the heat for Caylee's demise but he fails to see, she sits right next to HIM in court. I think it's absurd he's allowed to continue on with this drilling for oil bit. He has no defense and still trying to throw spaghetti and see which strand sticks. He needs to get real and stop enabling ICA. He should tell her how bad things look and not sell her some swampland..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Not funny, but each time I see this thread asking "How is the Defense spending taxpayers' money?" I always say "Hand over fist!"

On behalf of all of my dear friends who are Florida taxpayers, I am outraged at the defense costing them money for the likes of Jeremy Lyons to go around harassing TES volunteers to the tune of thousands and thousands of dollars. In the words of my hero, Tim Miller, "Frankly I am pissed off about it".:furious:

Please guys post his photo again so anyone reading here will know who he is when he shows up on their doorstep.

On behalf of all of my dear friends who are Florida taxpayers, I am outraged at the defense costing them money for the likes of Jeremy Lyons to go around harassing TES volunteers to the tune of thousands and thousands of dollars. In the words of my hero, Tim Miller, "Frankly I am pissed off about it".:furious:

Please guys post his photo again so anyone reading here will know who he is when he shows up on their doorstep.

Here ya go .....

Attachments

• PI Jerry Lyons headshot.JPG
    PI Jerry Lyons headshot.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 16
  • J Lyons 1 cfnews13  1a.jpg
    J Lyons 1 cfnews13 1a.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 9
  • J Lyons 3 cfnews13 1aa.JPG
    J Lyons 3 cfnews13 1aa.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 11
  • red shirt back of head only 1a.JPG
    red shirt back of head only 1a.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 9
  • J Lyons 4 cfnews13 1aaa.JPG
    J Lyons 4 cfnews13 1aaa.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 13
Oh they're working...on that endless fishing expedition. And they haven't got one bite YET.

I hope HHJP puts a stop to this fishing nonsense. If there's nothing there, there's nothing there, and these PI's have done nothing but dig up nothing that benefit Casey. It's ridiculous. I'm glad to finally see the JAC try and put a stop to this. It's insanity for them to keep digging and expecting different results!

Totally agree! But, I can't help but think that JB et al have already got their next "milk-it-for-all-you-can" scheme already planned out for when the fishing expedition is finally called to a halt. Next, they will start requesting funding for something else as equally useless and wasteful. jmo

Funny how the money this team received ($275,000) prior to ICA being declared indigent was not spent on depos, investigations and such. As soon as ICA was declared indigent, the team had their noses to the grindstone, spending state money. Also trying to spend the same amount the State has to spend. I don't think Baez and his team get the wrongs they've done. It's all par for the couse and goes along with the looooong eight years Baez was held back from gaining his license, unethical, financial mishandlings and such. Baez is not doing himself any good. No one would want his representation should they need it. They would run fast...I do hope when this case is done and over, Baez comes under fire for the many things he's done that goes against his being and "officer of the court". Bringing contraband into ICA is certainly high on my list, along with the boldfaced lies..just color me jaded :innocent: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Once KC is convicted and things quiet down a bit - can she demand an accounting from JB on how all the money he received from her and from various other sources were spent? she is going to have a lot of time on her hands once she is in prison; so trying to make sense of whatever bill JB shows her would give her something to keep her occupied.

Seriously, can anyone demand that JB account for where all that money went, not just the few things he mentioned in court? Who would have the authority to ask for an accounting? I think KC would be the only one, since the money was essentially 'hers'.

Once KC is convicted and things quiet down a bit - can she demand an accounting from JB on how all the money he received from her and from various other sources were spent? she is going to have a lot of time on her hands once she is in prison; so trying to make sense of whatever bill JB shows her would give her something to keep her occupied.

Seriously, can anyone demand that JB account for where all that money went, not just the few things he mentioned in court? Who would have the authority to ask for an accounting? I think KC would be the only one, since the money was essentially 'hers'.

I believe the JAC will require a full accounting, see #6 on page 3 of this:

http://www.justiceadmin.org/faq/Training Modules/Six Things Attorney IFC.pdf

I believe the JAC will require a full accounting, see #6 on page 3 of this:

http://www.justiceadmin.org/faq/Training Modules/Six Things Attorney IFC.pdf

Can we hope that JB is unaware of this little paragraph and that it will come as a HUGE surprise to him at the end of the trial? :)

Would love to see him struggling to pay all sorts of bills that are now his responsibility because he played fast and loose with rules and regulations.

This will be something to watch for when the trial is over, but I doubt any media will be paying attention to details like this after KC is found guilty.

Can we hope that JB is unaware of this little paragraph and that it will come as a HUGE surprise to him at the end of the trial? :)

Would love to see him struggling to pay all sorts of bills that are now his responsibility because he played fast and loose with rules and regulations.

This will be something to watch for when the trial is over, but I doubt any media will be paying attention to details like this after KC is found guilty.

Alas, Baez has had some experience with this in the Nilton Diaz case.

http://lakecountyclerk.org/record_searches/online_court_records/online_court_records_detail.asp?case_id=78899567%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

And he's still trying to get some $$ from the JAC. (OK, as of August, 2010.)

I'm sure he's painfully aware of Paragraph 6. Probably even has nightmares about it. Poor Baez. :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back