Humpin Hash House Harriers

The article linked above states his mom and step-father were at the registration table at 2PM for the event. Does anyone know if they still had a helicopter out at that time broadcasting his description?
This event was on Dec. 27 - the day he attacked the other jogger "CM". I don't believe there would have been a helicopter broadcasting his description. But the attack happened at the same park as this event. So, I am drawing the conclusion that he was there - and was probably there for the event or to at least help.

From what is known about this group, this is a local group, an off-shoot of the San Diego group. Their name is the Humpin Hash and their leader is the step-father. Most of the pictures and other materials have been taken offline or are now password protected sites. JAG is in pictures of the group's activities. The December 27th attack is mentioned in their newsletter, which someone copied before the site was removed.

This event was on Dec. 27 - the day he attacked the other jogger "CM". I don't believe there would have been a helicopter broadcasting his description. But the attack happened at the same park as this event. So, I am drawing the conclusion that he was there - and was probably there for the event or to at least help.

There was a helicopter that broadcast JAG's description!

"The man shook CM violently by her shoulders, and she elbowed him in the face. She scrambled away and ran to the nearest house for help.

Minutes later, four officers and two sergeants arrived and combed the area for an hour and a half. A police helicopter conducted a search, broadcasting the suspect’s description to residents below."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/police-defend-response-to-dec-incident/?imw=Y

"The man shook CM violently by her shoulders, and she elbowed him in the face. She scrambled away and ran to the nearest house for help.

Minutes later, four officers and two sergeants arrived and combed the area for an hour and a half. A police helicopter conducted a search, broadcasting the suspect’s description to residents below."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/police-defend-response-to-dec-incident/?imw=Y

It's hard to know if this belongs here or if I should start a - Day of December 27th and the attack thread? :waitasec:

I'll stay here for now I guess, since some of this (thread) is also related to the attack.

That's (the quote above and article) so fascinating because I was home that day and didn't hear a thing of that at all (the chopper broadcasting)

No one I know in those areas heard it - so either it wasn't very audible, it was a time that a lot of us were out, or...something. And I know people on the street of one the people interviewed in the article.

But that aside, it also seems odd that the chopper could have done that for more than a few minutes if no one I know in real life in that area, or even I, heard or saw all of that.

Then, there's this: "“You have to weigh causing panic in the community versus putting information out there,” said Assistant Police Chief Boyd Long, who oversees patrol operations." So they didn't want to publicize it other ways, but they'll apparently call out the ASTRIA and have it fly and broadcast something? Somehow I think I'd be inclined to believe a flier to be far less 'panic causing' than a helicopter saying someone had just been attacked and to look for him.

BTW, this is the first I've heard of her exchange with JAG.

She screamed, and he told her to “Shut up.” She replied: “You’re going to have to kill me first,” and he shot back: “That can be arranged,” her mother recounted.

A quote from the newsletter: "Disturbing news at the start. Blank and Blank (two members of the Humpin Hash) who live next to the park, came out to give us the word that a girl had been attacked that morning in the trails where we would be running."

Since these two members live next to the park, I wonder if CM went to their home? The members of the jogging group learned of the attack when they arrived at the park.

From what is known about this group, this is a local group, an off-shoot of the San Diego group. Their name is the Humpin Hash and their leader is the step-father. Most of the pictures and other materials have been taken offline or are now password protected sites. JAG is in pictures of the group's activities. The December 27th attack is mentioned in their newsletter, which someone copied before the site was removed.

Surprised the info got out about the group so fast. I thought the news downplayed what they were reporting because they don't fully know what they're reporting sometimes. (they just say what they think will satisfy our questions - not likely with this group)

Confused about the step-father then. Is he DrZ the leader of the other group listed at the same address as Mom and current husband, but they all hang out together? Honest, I am seriously confused! Give me a hint - what's it about?

I read in the probation sentencing reports that Gardner's uncle, stepdad, and bio dad were all alcoholics. He was convicted of a sex crime. I am surprised he was exposed to an avid drinking group with strong sexual overtones. From what I've seen in the group's sites, some clubs have more emphasis on the sex is fun, with the raunchy names just as important as the running and the drinking.

I realize this is an international organization. I am only speaking of this particular group that Gardner was in the midst of in the same vicinity of the crimes committed.

In light of what has happened, it was not a wise decision to include him, and in any way encourage him to be part the group. He was a VIOLENT RSO afterall. Did everybody in the group know that when he attended any group functions?

Furthermore, I can see how there may have been some anger because of the big interest his parents had in this organization, and Gardner resented it.

He was in the very setting the group used often, the running trials with joggers - just like the HHHs jog on those trails. His life was falling apart, and somehow I see it as an act of rage, revenge, and spite directed to some extent at his family, and maybe the group too. He tried to ruin the trails for all of them.

I seriously doubt anyone in the HH group knew about John's past. After all, his own uncle didn't know the details until John was arrested for CK's murder.

The description on the helicopter speaker would be 6' white male, brown hair brown eyes... and I bet that describes half the men in the park. If John had a bloody nose, that could be easily explained away.

btw, I saved a couple pics of Mom & Stepdad in Chelsea's archive album. Nothing raunchy. Page 2.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea King/

I seriously doubt anyone in the HH group knew about John's past. After all, his own uncle didn't know the details until John was arrested for CK's murder.

The description on the helicopter speaker would be 6' white male, brown hair brown eyes... and I bet that describes half the men in the park. If John had a bloody nose, that could be easily explained away.

btw, I saved a couple pics of Mom & Stepdad in Chelsea's archive album. Nothing raunchy. Page 2.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea King/

Your album is amazing. Thank you so much for putting this together. I am sure you spent "several" (at least) hours on this, and it filled in numerous gaps in my understanding of the people and places involved in this horrendous mess. KUDOS TO YOU!!!!

It's hard to know if this belongs here or if I should start a - Day of December 27th and the attack thread? :waitasec:

I'll stay here for now I guess, since some of this (thread) is also related to the attack.

That's (the quote above and article) so fascinating because I was home that day and didn't hear a thing of that at all (the chopper broadcasting)

No one I know in those areas heard it - so either it wasn't very audible, it was a time that a lot of us were out, or...something. And I know people on the street of one the people interviewed in the article.

But that aside, it also seems odd that the chopper could have done that for more than a few minutes if no one I know in real life in that area, or even I, heard or saw all of that.

Then, there's this: "“You have to weigh causing panic in the community versus putting information out there,” said Assistant Police Chief Boyd Long, who oversees patrol operations." So they didn't want to publicize it other ways, but they'll apparently call out the ASTRIA and have it fly and broadcast something? Somehow I think I'd be inclined to believe a flier to be far less 'panic causing' than a helicopter saying someone had just been attacked and to look for him.

She screamed, and he told her to “Shut up.” She replied: “You’re going to have to kill me first,” and he shot back: “That can be arranged,” her mother recounted.

I don't understand why LE would think notifying residents of the attack would cause a "panic" as opposed to just having them be more aware. Also. CM's parents said they were walking on the trail and heard the helicopter announcement --maybe they just didn't do it for a long time.

I am new to this forum as a poster but I have been a reader off and on for several years. The Chelsea and Amber cases have been so tragic, sad, and riveting. Being somewhat close and also being from San Diego originally, it has really gained my attention.

The whole connection to JAG and his attack on a jogger on Dec 27 at the same park where Chelsea was killed is very interesting. The now revelaed fact that his parents participated in a run that same day at that same park is too cooincidental. Apparently, JAG's stepfather, aka "DrZ", is the leader of a local Humpin Hashers Group that had an event on Dec 27. His mother is also a key member. Pictures of JAG with members of this group have reportedly surfaced (but now have been pulled off of the internet by members who are scared).

You have got to read a 2 page newletter that JAG's stepfather wrote about the Dec 27 event. Type in Google the following search phrase: rancho bernardo community park december 27 hasher. The first link is his newletter. The link site has been pulled down, but you can click on the "Quick View" link and it still pulls it up. WOW!!!! Very sexually explicit names for members. It is scary to think of a sexual offender such as JAG living in an environment such as this.

It will be interesting to see what connection JAG has to this group and what LE reveals in their investigation of any possible connection.

Someone should post a reference to this thread on the Amber threads as that is where I have been reading mostly. Only by seeing a moved thread about the Humpin Hashers on Chelsea's threads have I been able to find out about this important information.

You have got to read a 2 page newletter that JAG's stepfather wrote about the Dec 27 event. Type in Google the following search phrase: rancho bernardo community park december 27 hasher. The first link is his newletter. The link site has been pulled down, but you can click on the "Quick View" link and it still pulls it up. WOW!!!! Very sexually explicit names for members. It is scary to think of a sexual offender such as JAG living in an environment such as this.

It will be interesting to see what connection JAG has to this group and what LE reveals in their investigation of any possible connection.

WOW. I don't even.... just wow. I'm still trying to understand this group. This whole Hashing thing reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show following, only... disturbing.

It sounds like he didn't think at all that his step-son might be involved in the attack. I'm still not entirely sure how they could manage to not even be suspicious. Complete denial?

This group isn't any more disturbing than the Old Mission Beach Athletic Club's (OMBAC) over the line team names and their two week sporting event mixed with drinking.

I think the media report is the version they came across after info was taken off line and sites were sanitized. The real bombshell here is the secondary group that the media has not touched on yet. The media may not have a clue as to the "real" story here. IMO, the media missed the bombshell here.

And is everyone getting screen shots and saving everything they find?

This group isn't any more disturbing than the Old Mission Beach Athletic Club's (OMBAC) over the line team names and their two week sporting event mixed with drinking.

If the son of an OMBAC member was accused of the rape and murder of a young softball player I'm sure people would look at whether sexualizing the sport played a role in his choice of victim.

My understanding there are two groups here. The Hashers and the "Hashers". KWIM? One is the legit running club that most are familiar with. The other one has some interesting activities going on and info has been pulled offline and hidden. This second group is interesting given a member, a convicted SO, is now charged with rape and murder. And that person was probably introduced to this group and their activities by his parents, who were aware of their son's background and problems.

Maybe the thread should have the title reflect the actual group being addressed? Chargers tagline in their post maybe?

JAG and the Humpin Hashers Group

I read another article in which a neighbor of the park was interviewed who had heard the helicopter and the description being broadcast (of course I have no idea which one now since it was awhile back.) I have also read in a few other articles about the "Shut up/ That can be arranged" exchange."

Welcome to Charger2010 and any other newbie's I have missed

I do not know anything about the Old Mission Beach Athletic Club however I highly doubt they were participating in the same activities that this HHH group participated in. Earlier in this thread (if it hasn't been deleted or moved) I, as tactfully and tastefully as possible, explained what was in the pictures. After seeing those pictures I am pretty confident that the OMBAC would not be happy with the comparison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back