Hurricane Hilary threatens California, August 2023

Do you mean no news today, or no storming as predicted?
I was on a Zoom meeting this morning with colleagues in the San Diego area. They did say there's not much happening, just some wind.
Further north near LA, I've received three alerts so far for my area....though I'm right on the coast.

I meant there was no news yesterday. The worst of the storm was predicted for today, and so far I can say that I've lived here for 26 years and I've experienced much heavier rain than I saw today, and apparently the worst is over.

While I am very thankful that it wasn't worse, this is the second time in a year that a stormageddon was predicted and amounted to virtually nothing in the greater SD metropolitan area.

I fear that in the future, a truly destructive storm might hit and people will have not prepared because of these cries of wolf that we've experienced.

I could understand it if the attitude had been, hey, we can't actually predict how bad this might be but it's prudent to be prepared just in case.

But it's all been ehrmagerd this is going to be the worst storm EVER, leading to panic buying at the grocery store and for me personally, at least 24 hours of anxiety that I could have lived without.

Inland San Diego (Poway region, though not Poway) here . Steady slow rain only since around 10 am. No winds yet. Deserts are going to be a mess, but that image above of a "flooded" road from facebook is a nothing burger, fwiw. If it gets bad, those roads won't have any road visible. I've been through there when there is 3+ inches of water covering the whole road in my 4wd (I don't recommend it). Some of these reports strike me as odd. Any major storm in the desert is terrain altering.

We're neighbors!

There is ongoing live reporting here, I took a screen shot:
Ah, Yucaipa. Nothing has grown back from the fires in the area. That's got to be a mess. Nothing to slow the water down and it's all going to flow down the mountain. I feel so bad for everyone on the downside of that.

Ah, Yucaipa. Nothing has grown back from the fires in the area. That's got to be a mess. Nothing to slow the water down and it's all going to flow down the mountain. I feel so bad for everyone on the downside of that.
Bless them. I hope as many as possible got out of harms way and are staying elsewhere.

We hit over 3" of rain today in my area. It POURED all day and is still raining now. My area is surounded by mountains but the town I'm in is flat thankfully.
My poor dogs (2 greyhounds) are refusing to go outside. They just look out the door like ummm, you want me to do what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back