IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have known they were not in the lake when they got there-no shoes were found anywhere..to me thats a huge clue they were not there!!!All JMO

Can they now issue an Amber Alert because it is classified as an abduction?

I agree with you.

We have had locals post that in the past they saw evidence of meth labs on the nature trails in the form of discarded pseudoephedrine medication boxes.

However, stationary meth labs are fortunately becoming a thing of the past in Iowa. Since the advent of the shake-n-bake method of making meth, the makers seem to stick to vehicles.

Plus, Iowa now requires all pseudoephedrine meds to be kept behind the counter and buyer's names recorded plus puts restrictions on how much can be bought at one time or over a month.

Increasingly, meth production has moved to Mexico where pseudoephedrine is still readily available, law enforcement is much less of a presence and there are already drug cartels with organised production and sales routes.

Interesting how our own illegal drugs have been outsourced. :waitasec:

Since its now an abduction, is LE going to caution people in regards to keeping their children under a close watchful eye. There is at last one kidnapper out there and a good possibility that it is a local person.

I think LE HAD to thoroughly search the lake. If the dogs smelled a scent trail at the lake then they had to check to clear it for sure. imo

They didn't even set up roadblocks the day they went missing-as far as I know
they put their sights on them being in the lake-I am sorry!!

They also searched homes. Just because we couldnt see a dual investigation does not mean it was not happening.

Maybe LE wanted the world focused on that lake while they follow other leads without tipping off anyone .

IOWA AMBER ALERT PLAN
Implemented-3/13/03
RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES FOR
IOWA RADIO AND TELEVISION STATIONS

1. Law enforcement has confirmed a child has been abducted.

2. The child is under the age of 18.

3. The circumstances surrounding the abduction indicate that a child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.

4. There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect's vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.

Right, not enough information to satisfy item #4

Since its now an abduction, is LE going to caution people in regards to keeping their children under a close watchful eye. There is at last one kidnapper out there and a good possibility that it is a local person.

He was asked that and stated to just be vigilant and call 911 if you see anything suspicious.

I think LE HAD to thoroughly search the lake. If the dogs smelled a scent trail at the lake then they had to check to clear it for sure. imo

I agree! Can you imagine if they didn't thoroughly search the lake and ultimately that's where they were found? People would have ripped them a new one for not searching the most obvious spot.

I do not feel they wasted time searching that lake.

Now we know for a fact they are not in the lake, During the week they searched 12 square miles ,they also searched the river. They have collected evidence and updated the media often. Set up road checks more then once.
They drained a lake.
They have not turned the media agaisnt the family or lead anyone to believe they think them to be guilty of anything. They have video confirmed G ma's sighting of the girls. This week has not been wasted . IMO I think they are doing a very good job handling this . The FBI is there because they wanted their help.

And I know for certain they are following up on leads.

Just because there were no shoes at the lake, doesn't mean that one of the girls could have fallen in the lake and the other one just jumped in to try and save her with shoes or flip-flops on.

I am glad they searched the lake because people would be critizing LE if they didn't search the lake. My goodness, LE wasn't there watching the water level drop, they were out doing an investigation looking for these children.

I don't think an Amber Alert would help because there is no car or identity of the person(s). The children's faces are up on Missing and Exploited Children as well as hitting all the local and most national news stations.

What is most important, more so then the Amber Alert, is getting fliers out all over the place and news coverage. IMO

My next question is this-did they send Elizabeth's & Lyric's picture & descriptions to all the LE agencys across the country the day they went missing-so all of them could keep a look out for them in their states?

here's the thing. huge respecter of LE and LEOs here. HUGE. And all this week I have tried to support their efforts in this case. But in the last few days we have authorities search a lake for what? Bodies of drowned swimmers? Why? Because the girls may have gone into the lake?

AND YET

at the exact same time they are saying no danger to the community. no abduction worries, don't worry dear public and draining that lake. All the while using the usual interview tactics with DM "We know you did it." "We have evidence" "you know you killed her" (wonder what they told him he did with his neice)

So while publicly trying to be supportive of LE efforts. I have quietly been fuming inside because which is it folks? Are they drowned swimmers and there's no danger to the public? (nope no bodies in the lake) Are they dead because their father/uncle killed them while in another town accompanied by his son and mother? (I highly doubt it).

Still support LE in general and respect immensely how hard their job is.

I am just angry in this particular circumstance because I think their perceptions were coloured by the parents less than ideal history and I sincerly hope those two little girls haven't paid for that perception with their lives.e

Are RVs allowed to park/camp at Meyer's Lake? Why did a reporter mention an RV? TIA

They didn't even set up roadblocks the day they went missing-as far as I know
they put their sights on them being in the lake-I am sorry!!

I know they did road blocks and home searches, I just can't accurately recall if it was Friday or Saturday? I believe Saturday. They had a checkpoint set up, and were searching area homes. As far as I've heard, everyone complied willingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betthicus