IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Today show video link, PattyG. It was "the mother of one of the girls" who was asked to take another polygraph. I'm guessing that it's Lyric's mother. Methinks that she knows more than she's telling about where the girls are and what has happened to them. :moo:

I am puzzled as to how this paddle boat did not get mentioned waaaay before this. Iwould have bet that if anyone at all was within sight of that lake and there was someone paddle-boating it would be one of the first things they mentioned when they found out the girls were missing!

Hmmm...OlliePop said that the unfinished house/garage near the lake was used to store recreational equipment, I believe he said something like "big boy toys". I wonder if there is a paddle boat in there?

This will sound far-fetched, but I've wondered if there might be some sort of inconspicuous underground shelter below that strange structure, like a hidden cellar or tornado shelter. It would have been much easier to conceal them somewhere very near the lake without being seen than it would be to transport them elsewhere. Surely the dogs would had picked up the scent if the girls were there, right?

My assumption is that LE learned of the paddle boater from others in response to their request for info from anyone at the lake the day the girls went missing.

A paddle boat can get fairly close to shore, so maybe LE wants to know what the man might have seen, or not seen, that day.

Thanks for the Today show video link, PattyG. It was "the mother of one of the girls" who was asked to take another polygraph. I'm guessing that it's Lyric's mother. Methinks that she knows more than she's telling about where the girls are and what has happened to them. :moo:

Misty (Lyric's Mom), in this morning's Today Show's interview, mentioned that "we" and she does not think it's anyone that the family knows; that someone saw the girls playing.

From what I understand, Lyric's mother's poly was inconclusive. Now this is just a "rumor" as I think it was posted yesterday that she posted this on Facebook. However, since it is stated she is going for another poly, I guess it is now fact. :crazy:

I've felt it all along, but after this recent interview with DC and HC, I'm sensing a very real disconnect between the two sets of parents. I am hoping that they can all come together and draw strength from each other.

I am puzzled as to how this paddle boat did not get mentioned waaaay before this. Iwould have bet that if anyone at all was within sight of that lake and there was someone paddle-boating it would be one of the first things they mentioned when they found out the girls were missing!

Hmmm...OlliePop said that the unfinished house/garage near the lake was used to store recreational equipment, I believe he said something like "big boy toys". I wonder if there is a paddle boat in there?

This will sound far-fetched, but I've wondered if there might be some sort of inconspicuous underground shelter below that strange structure, like a hidden cellar or tornado shelter. It would have been much easier to conceal them somewhere very near the lake without being seen than it would be to transport them elsewhere. Surely the dogs would had picked up the scent if the girls were there, right?

I live on a lake in upstate NY. On July 4th many were gathered on our little beach. I'm an old fogie with Life Saving credentials.

As the day went on, I was swimming with my old fogie friend. When I saw many kids, teenagers + little kids getting "wild" out on the float, I got nervous. I didn't want to see any kids get hurt, so I said...... "play nice".
That's all I said. One father (40ish) verbally attacked me. He got aggressive.
(I saw many cases of beer that day)

It was horrible. He screamed at me; "Who are you? Where do you live?"
I had the best intentions and I got reamed. I haven't been back since.

People react in different ways. I had the kids welfare at heart. :moo:

Misty (Lyric's Mom), in this morning's Today Show's interview, mentioned that "we" and she does not think it's anyone that the family knows; that someone saw the girls playing.

Did she mean playing in the days leading up to their disappearance, or playing on the day they disappeared?

If she truly thinks this was a random abduction, then I'd say that's a pretty fair assumption to make IMO.

I've felt it all along, but after this recent interview with DC and HC, I'm sensing a very real disconnect between the two sets of parents. I am hoping that they can all come together and draw strength from each other.

I think that if I was not 100% convinced that my family or an acquaintance of my family had no hand in this I would be disconnected too. I also think that it would be hard to not place blame on one another's children. "She would never do that if your daughter "had........" not saying that this is going on or that anyone did anything. Just that it would be easy to see a family torn apart.

I just watched the webcam video of the girls on bicycles. I agree that it appears that, especially the first rider, is wearing a dark backpack (which could be the "purse" they are referring to), and I agree that it looks as if a similar dark item appears lower down on the second rider that might or might not be her leg or shorts. If they were both carrying packs of some kind...they may have been running away or something. I tried to capture frames with my iphone off the computer, but they aren't really as conclusive as watching the video on fullscreen several times. MOO

From what I understand, Lyric's mother's poly was inconclusive. Now this is just a "rumor" as I think it was posted yesterday that she posted this on Facebook. However, since it is stated she is going for another poly, I guess it is now fact. :crazy:

I haven't followed every detail about this case and probably know a lot less than many who are posting daily. There are so many other cases in the news that one has to pick and choose :)

I watched the video again and noticed Misty's eye movements as she speaks. She closes her eyes each time she mentions what she thinks might have happened to the girls and later rolls her eyes upward when mentioning that "(they)" have always thought that Elizabeth and Lyric are still alive. Maybe it's just me, but I was uncomfortable watching her in this interview. :moo:

There is not a rental area. Some homeowners have paddleboats, especially in the canal.

Did the girl's scent trail end at the water's edge? I haven't been able to quite follow whether it did or if it continued on back into the woods. If it did end at the water line, the paddleboat interests me.

It's probably because anyone in the paddleboat would have a good view of the whole area around the lake, but it does peak my interest. JMO MOO :moo:

Did the girl's scent trail end at the water's edge? I haven't been able to quite follow whether it did or if it continued on back into the woods. If it did end at the water line, the paddleboat interests me.

It's probably because anyone in the paddleboat would have a good view of the whole area around the lake, but it does peak my interest. JMO MOO :moo:

I can't fiqure out where the scent ended. I have heard so many contradictory things. I guess I wonder who else paddleboats there aside from homeowners. It seems like a lot of work to paddleboat there when George wyth would be a better option IMO. Wish olli was around. He lives there and would know how often non homeowners paddleboat.

Breault said they are looking for anyone who might have been at the park, on the trails or on the water. Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey disappeared July 13.

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.

Breault said they are looking for anyone who might have been at the park, on the trails or on the water. Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey disappeared July 13.

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm confused but didn't they dismiss these sightings early on?

Boy, am I lonely downstairs on the scanner thread! Here is a link if anyone cares to join me. Remember, what happens downstairs stays downstairs!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8181640&posted=1#post8181640

No, each of the girls' scents then led into the woods...I believe the family has stated that they were not told whether or not their scents continued further into the woods or stopped at a particular point in the woods.

BBM
My opinion is that the FBI is NOT obligated to tell us anything during an active investigation. This again is why I think the statement that they believe they are alive is so unusual. My sense is that this is a huge investigation, involving lots of individuals who have played a part in some sort of criminal activity. The disappearance of these girls is one facet of the criminal enterprise target, and just might have included child trafficking. I think they may have been handed off to a series of individuals, and at some point the FBI was able to get them to a safe house of sorts to protect them from further harm while they track down all the folks who had anything to do with it. In this scenario, I believe they would not necessarily tell the family anything other than they believe the girls are alive because some members of the family might also be a part of the criminal enterprise. And they sure wouldn't tell the public because that could compromise the identity of any confidential informant that helped get the girls to the safe place.

Possible? Probable?

Not saying you're wrong but I've never come across a case where LE has kept a child (children) in a safe house so they can crackdown on the perps. The kids would be located and kept in police custody until it was deemed safe to have them returned to their parents or put in foster care.

I doubt they'd leave an entire community on edge wondering if there is a pedophile on the loose or some crazed perpetrator kidnapping children.

IMO, they have no idea what happened to the girls. They may have a theory as to what transpired but the girls are still missing.

I'm not sure why so many polys are being given. I know they use the results more for the investigative stage because many courts in the country don't deem them reliable enough to be entered as evidence during the trial stage.

Also, we know that polygraphs can be easily "beaten" by sociopaths. They don't show the typical signs of stress that the polygraphs were designed to gauge.

And it seems to me that, for now, some of the focus has shifted from DM and onto MCM. I wouldn't think she was directly involved because 1. She was at work at the time. And 2. I would think this would have been determined by now. The only reason I can see them pounding her so hard(besides her odd behavior) is if they think she may know who did it?? Maybe LE is viewing her odd behavior as many of us are and seeing it as a sign that she may know who was involved and therefor not worried that they may be dead.??

Just some thoughts because this is a head scratching case, IMO.

Maybe I'm confused but didn't they dismiss these sightings early on?[/QUOTE]

IMO, they didn't necessarily dismiss them...they just didn't announce to the public the info behind the sightings (confirmed or not).

IMO there WERE more sightings, it's just when LE are asked about them they keep answering "I can't answer that"...because it's still an ongoing investigation.

I don't think LE is going to give out anything at this point. Just from the amount of confusion on this board alone I think it's safe to say that we've read/seen different accounts of who said what when the family (and then LE) arrived at the lake.

Heck...for all we know - if and when this comes to trial we could find there were multiple sightings that day.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike