IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why so many polys are being given. I know they use the results more for the investigative stage because many courts in the country don't deem them reliable enough to be entered as evidence during the trial stage.

Also, we know that polygraphs can be easily "beaten" by sociopaths. They don't show the typical signs of stress that the polygraphs were designed to gauge.

And it seems to me that, for now, some of the focus has shifted from DM and onto MCM. I wouldn't think she was directly involved because 1. She was at work at the time. And 2. I would think this would have been determined by now. The only reason I can see them pounding her so hard(besides her odd behavior) is if they think she may know who did it?? Maybe LE is viewing her odd behavior as many of us are and seeing it as a sign that she may know who was involved and therefor not worried that they may be dead.??

Just some thoughts because this is a head scratching case, IMO.

I agree. Waste of time to continue to pursue polygraphs. Also questioning the parents at this point (if they are involved) is totally useless. If they're not involved they should have told them all they know by now, imo.

Did the girl's scent trail end at the water's edge? I haven't been able to quite follow whether it did or if it continued on back into the woods. If it did end at the water line, the paddleboat interests me.

It's probably because anyone in the paddleboat would have a good view of the whole area around the lake, but it does peak my interest. JMO MOO :moo:

Scent dogs used by searchers looking for signs of two missing young girls in Iowa ran around a lake and stopped at the water's edge, the mother of one of the girls said.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/17/us/iow...ins/index.html

Breault said they are looking for anyone who might have been at the park, on the trails or on the water. Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey disappeared July 13.

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.

If that person is TG, then that suggests they believe what he has stated to be true.

Girls in video 12:15
Bikes spotted at lake 12:20-12:27

A reporter needs to ask Breault/Abben if they believe the girls could ride that distance in the time frame, because I don't.

I think that LE know a lot more than they are saying which is leaving glaring questions, like the above, making them seem like there doing a bad job.

At least I hope......

I live on a lake in upstate NY. On July 4th many were gathered on our little beach. I'm an old fogie with Life Saving credentials.

As the day went on, I was swimming with my old fogie friend. When I saw many kids, teenagers + little kids getting "wild" out on the float, I got nervous. I didn't want to see any kids get hurt, so I said...... "play nice".
That's all I said. One father (40ish) verbally attacked me. He got aggressive.
(I saw many cases of beer that day)

It was horrible. He screamed at me; "Who are you? Where do you live?"
I had the best intentions and I got reamed. I haven't been back since.

People react in different ways. I had the kids welfare at heart. :moo:

I want to add something. This happened at about 6 PM. Lifeguard went home at 5PM. I may be old, but I still remember water safety and how to save a life. I am a very strong swimmer. I am an avid kayaker as well. Accredited sailor-certified.

You never go out without flotation device.

If I was there, kayaking, or paddle boat, I would have come forward immediately.

IMO, they met someone there. JMHO :moo:

Just my gut. :twocents:

If that person is TG, then that suggests they believe what he has stated to be true.

Girls in video 12:15
Bikes spotted at lake 12:20-12:27

A reporter needs to ask Breault/Abben if they believe the girls could ride that distance in the time frame, because I don't.

I think that LE know a lot more than they are saying which is leaving glaring questions, like the above, making them seem like there doing a bad job.

At least I hope......

I think the man who runs at the lake is a different person from the biker who swerved to miss the bikes.

Unless I'm reading it wrong:waitasec:

EVANSDALE, Iowa (KGAN/KFXA) -- The parents of Lyric Cook say FBI bloodhounds have caught a scent of the two girls who went missing Friday.

The scent came after family members rode a caravan to the south side of the lake. An FBI K-9 unit first smelled the different family members and then articles of the girls clothes and belongings. The family said the goal was to separate their smell from the girls', since they too had spent time searching that area.

Afterward, the dog spent about an hour running along the trail and near the shore, causing agents to shine their lights and investigate the area further.

The family says the FBI tells them they're confident the hounds caught the trail, but do not know if it will lead anywhere.

Tuesday, July 17 2012, 01:12 AM CDT

http://www.kfxa.tv/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kfxa_vid_12026.shtml

I think the man who runs at the lake is a different person from the biker who swerved to miss the bikes.

Unless I'm reading it wrong:waitasec:

Quite! That is why I said "if". Maybe a deliberate ploy by the FBI lady?

Nothing is ever concise and clear in these cases.:banghead:

As I recall, LE couldn't get past focusing on Steve Groene. As I recall, he'd had some run-ins with the law, he didn't have a tight alibi for the night in question and that kept LE so tightly focused on him that they didn't really seem to look anywhere else.

I can't even begin to try to imagine Mr Groene's frustration, knowing he was innocent and yet unable to convince LE.

I believe I've read that in a significant percentage of child abductions by strangers, the child is released alive. Probably because if the child did not know the abductor, the perp felt more confident that LE wouldn't be able to connect the perp with the crime.

I do agree. I think about 40-50% of child victims abducted by a stranger pedophile are murdered once they have been kidnapped.

We do see children being taken and raped then the predator will let them go. That is what happened to my neighbor's granddaughter. He kidnapped her out of her home and took her to a field nearby and raped her then he let her go.

But in those cases where the victims are not killed they are usually like my neighbor's granddaughter and it is shortly after they were kidnapped, imo.

With more than a week gone by already without any sighting of the girls... I am afraid that the outcome of that happening is not looking good for Lyric and Elizabeth, imo.

Cases like Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee etc are very rare too.

IMO

I live on a lake in upstate NY. On July 4th many were gathered on our little beach. I'm an old fogie with Life Saving credentials.

As the day went on, I was swimming with my old fogie friend. When I saw many kids, teenagers + little kids getting "wild" out on the float, I got nervous. I didn't want to see any kids get hurt, so I said...... "play nice".
That's all I said. One father (40ish) verbally attacked me. He got aggressive.
(I saw many cases of beer that day)

It was horrible. He screamed at me; "Who are you? Where do you live?"
I had the best intentions and I got reamed. I haven't been back since.

People react in different ways. I had the kids welfare at heart. :moo:

These days, people seem to let their kids run wild. If I see other kids playing roughly with/near my kids, especially my 2-year-old daughter, I'll politely say, "please be careful so no one gets hurt." more often then not, the other parent(s) will make rude or passive aggressive remarks or give me the death stare.

These days, people seem to let their kids run wild. If I see other kids playing roughly with/near my kids, especially my 2-year-old daughter, I'll politely say, "please be careful so no one gets hurt." more often then not, the other parent(s) will make rude or passive aggressive remarks or give me the death stare.

Yep it's very strange..............

:banghead:

IMO I feel like lyrics parents are being looked at as a distraction. People want it to be the parents because then there is hope that the girls will be found. I just don't feel like it is them. People are looking at the mom saying she us reacting like she knows something or did something...I feel like she is simply reacting like someone who is incredibly frustrated! MOO

Breault said they are looking for anyone who might have been at the park, on the trails or on the water. Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey disappeared July 13.

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.

I hope everyone who was there responds to this request. I wonder if anyone saw other cyclists (besides the man who reported seeing the girls bikes) on the trail or around Meyers Lake that Friday. I still believe there is a possibility that a cyclist may have gotten Lyric and Elizabeth to ride with him on the trail and abducted them as I suggested yesterday. I also remain suspicious about the man who saw the girls' bikes - to be clearer, suspicous of what the man saw instead of the man himself. He bases the time that he saw the two bikes on the phone call that he made to his daughter. I feel sure of the time of the phone call (within a few minutes) as there would definitely be a record of it. I'm suspicious about what thinks he saw vs what he really saw. For example, maybe two kids jumped off their bikes and left them on the trail for a minute or two. Maybe this man, who told LE he saw the girls' bikes laying on the trail around 12:20, saw/almost ran into these two bikes around 12:20. Later that day (or the next day?), he hears about the missing girls and their bikes and calls LE believeing that the bikes he saw are the bikes that belong to girls (which seems plausible). But maybe the bikes he saw were not the girls' bikes but someone elses' bikes. If he was out cycling, perhaps this man was hot and getting tired -- I don't know where he started nor how long he had been cycling). Would he have paid much attention to the details of the bikes, though (like color/size)? I'm thinking of the men in my own life. They definitely would have noticed two bicycles in their path, but I doubt they could have described the bikes to me later. I don't recall if LE themselves have said they have a positive ID of the girls bikes from the cyclist or if this is just something that we've read about in MSM based on what the cyclist himself has said. The mind can play tricks on all of us. We can hear something and then believe that is how we saw it, etc.

So many questions, so many possibilities.

I'm beginning to think they might have run away.

Thats a good possibility but if they did,usually at that age they would have came home by now.They would miss their "stuff".
They might have voluntarily left with someone who offered them a chance to go do something fun(whatever that was) but the person who they went with had other things in mind.:(

IMO, those girls did not go swimming that day.
They rode their bikes. (To meet someone?)

So many twists and turns here.

I have a bike too. Avid outdoor person. We also have a bike trail here.

I have ridden local bike path many times alone. Now when I think of it, I must have been crazy. Or maybe unaware. I will no longer hike or bike alone.

:moo::banghead::moo:

I'm beginning to think they might have run away.

At this point, any theory is possible, since no one has any idea where these girls are.

Running away could be a possibility, but to stay away for this long? I don't even think I could run away for over a week without making my way back home b/c I missed my bed! Unless one of them has some crazy outdoor survival skills that we don't know about, I just don't see how they could stay away this long without someone finding them, or one of them saying they've had enough and going back home.

MOO

Just my thoughts
surely LE has the means of manipulating the video for clarity, etc

as far as family and cooperation, or not, - wondering how far out on the family tree branches LE is going

I have ridden local bike path many times alone. Now when I think of it, I must have been crazy. Or maybe unaware. I will no longer hike or bike alone.

I cycle alone all the time, but I do bring my phone with me. It is good to be aware, but there is no need to stop performing everyday activities. :)

Thats a good possibility but if they did,usually at that age they would have came home by now.They would miss their "stuff".
They might have voluntarily left with someone who offered them a chance to go do something fun(whatever that was) but the person who they went with had other things in mind.:(

I agree. I guess it would depend on how bearable home was. People tend to do the same thing until that thing is just unbearable and making a choice for relief is greater...or something like that. People stay in bad marriages rather than venturing into the unknown, until the fear of the unknown is less due to the unbearableness of the known. MOO

Me too, I use to ride my bike on our beautiful bike trail the city built but since Mickeys case I quit riding because I have noone to ride with and am now afraid to ride alone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther