IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I feel like lyrics parents are being looked at as a distraction. People want it to be the parents because then there is hope that the girls will be found. I just don't feel like it is them. People are looking at the mom saying she us reacting like she knows something or did something...I feel like she is simply reacting like someone who is incredibly frustrated! MOO

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

Me too, I use to ride my bike on our beautiful bike trail the city built but since Mickeys case I quit riding because I have noone to ride with and am now afraid to ride alone :(

Isn't very sad we have to think like this?

Again, I don't think the girls went swimming that day. Just my gut.

:please:

I agree. I guess it would depend on how bearable home was. People tend to do the same thing until that thing is just unbearable and making a choice for relief is greater...or something like that. People stay in bad marriages rather than venturing into the unknown, until the fear of the unknown is less due to the unbearableness of the known. MOO

If they planned to runaway together they would have taken at least a few things .It would have had to have been a decision made at the last minute.
I remember I ran away a few times when I was a kid when I got caught smoking in school and did not want to go home to face the music,lol.Everytime I got picked up by nice families who let me stay with them until I was ready to go home.They were all very nice.I was very lucky.
Just thought I'd say to give people some hope.

Has the FBI ever made a statement about what the tracking dogs did/found? Not the family, but the FBI or other LE. I've heard Aunt Tammy talk about what she saw which is fine, but I don't know what her experience is with tracking dogs. If it was me watching, I might think the dogs were tracking something when in reality they were just sniffing. I have no knowledge of this field whatsoever.

Well i know its a blur and eyes can play tricks on us but this is what i see.
Pic 1. first bike/person looks like a knapsack is on the persons back
Pic 2. second bike/person looks like knapsack is on the arm of someone
pic 3. I see blue looks like knapsack is on shoulder/was sliding down arm in first pic of second bike/person.
View attachment 24880 first bike backpack on someones back
View attachment 24879 second bike backpack sliding down arm
View attachment 24878 second bike backpack is back on shoulder It was hard to get the shot because the play button is in the way when i pause to get the shot.

JMO JMO JMO

What if the family knows the girls knapsacks are missing but aren't telling police because it will then be a runaway case? Or maybe they are just blurs that i hold out hope they are knapsacks. JMO

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12072.shtml

Watch the video with the points i posted and what do you think? Might have to enlarge to see it.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or do I see a man standing between the first gray building and second (brown) building, about 1/3 of the way in from the left top side of the photo. Almost leaning against the brown shed.

If the two girls or just one of the girls did indeed have a knapsack and it hasn't been reported to the public, the knapsacks could be evidence that LE is holding back for one reason or another.

I am just logging on this morning and catching up to this morning's post so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. A couple of days ago I went back to the first thread because I wasn't following this case during the first few days. I read in that thread that it was first reported that a "bag" had been found. I posted a question asking if the "bag" was actually the "purse" but I don't think I received a response. I will try to find a link and come back here and post it.

You could have a runaway scenario PLUS an abduction, IMO. How likely? IDK. But I thought that Lyric's working cell phone was left at home that day, for whatever reason. when it was confiscated, they surely went through the texts to see if there was anything odd in there. Evidence of a pre-arranged meeting?

Also, most phones nowadays allow you to browse the Internet, though some don't. What if her online activity via her cell phone led them to conclude she may have had contact with someone online? Someone who may have had bad intentions.??

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or do I see a man standing between the first gray building and second (brown) building, about 1/3 of the way in from the left top side of the photo. Almost leaning against the brown shed.

This SO reminds me of the Lauren Spierer thread where so many people saw things in the bed of the white truck. In my opinion, looking at blurs on a security tape is like lying on the ground looking up at the clouds and saying what each one looks like.

It's too bad the video is so bad. I hope the FBI or NASA or someone will use their enhancing technology to make the video more clear.

Good question, MotherOcean! A bag as in handbag/purse? Or a bag as in backpack of so e sort?

I also have a huge problem with the timeline of the sightings on the trail. It's not possible that they would be behind Ledermans at 12:15, and their bikes are alongside the trail at 12:20. It's over a mile - I'm familiar with the area. It could be other bikes - since one person said they were laying in the path, and someone else said they were against the fence... Well, if the gate were open where the bikes were found, as it's usually closed, then other kids may have found this quite interesting, and the first set of bikes were two different bikes.

Again, familiar with the area, I don't think it's possible that two girls are going to be carried or even led up to that hole in the fence up to the highway. I walked that path on Saturday, the 14th and noticed that hole in the fence (by the highway) because two four-wheelers who were searching came through it. Keep in mind that it is two-way traffic right there and very congested. It would not have gone unnoticed.

Lastly, I tend to agree with the theory that the girls could be put in a safehouse. I seriously think that the FBI would not have put out such a positive message on Saturday if they did not almost know the girls were alive. It would be worth keeping the parents in the dark for just a bit longer if there is a huge child ring about to be blown wide open. I don't think they would give the family false hope like this if they weren't confident the girls were alive.

I've never heard of anyone "screaming" at someone while giving them a poly. Why would they do that? That makes no sense? WC is saying that MCM was screamed at for three hours during a previous poly. That would stress one out, eh?

• And here's who to contact if you have information about the case or were at Meyers Lake before 3 p.m. on July 13, the day the two girls went missing:
    - Tipline at (319) 232-6682
    - Crime Stoppers Hotline at (855) 300-8477
    - FBI tipline at (402) 493-8688.

• by Chris Essig - Courier 6:05 PM yesterday

Police seek paddleboater on missing Iowa cousins

Investigators searching for two missing Iowa cousins say they want to interview a person who was paddleboating on a lake near where they disappeared 10 days ago.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault (broh) said Monday that investigators want to interview the person who was boating July 13 on Meyers Lake because that person may have information that could help the search for 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins.

Breault says the boater is not a suspect but that investigators "really do need to talk with the person." The boater has not voluntarily come forward to speak with investigators

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vi...Police-seek-paddleboater-missing-Iowa-cousins

I also have a huge problem with the timeline of the sightings on the trail. It's not possible that they would be behind Ledermans at 12:15, and their bikes are alongside the trail at 12:20. It's over a mile - I'm familiar with the area. It could be other bikes - since one person said they were laying in the path, and someone else said they were against the fence... Well, if the gate were open where the bikes were found, as it's usually closed, then other kids may have found this quite interesting, and the first set of bikes were two different bikes.

Again, familiar with the area, I don't think it's possible that two girls are going to be carried or even led up to that hole in the fence up to the highway. I walked that path on Saturday, the 14th and noticed that hole in the fence (by the highway) because two four-wheelers who were searching came through it. Keep in mind that it is two-way traffic right there and very congested. It would not have gone unnoticed.

Lastly, I tend to agree with the theory that the girls could be put in a safehouse. I seriously think that the FBI would not have put out such a positive message on Saturday if they did not almost know the girls were alive. It would be worth keeping the parents in the dark for just a bit longer if there is a huge child ring about to be blown wide open. I don't think they would give the family false hope like this if they weren't confident the girls were alive.

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

AyRL2CFCYAE4lTt.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/#!/CourierEssig/media/grid

It does look like they had some sort of bags in the video.They could have been running away for the fun of it.Did either of them have computer internet access?If so then I think they met someone online that said they would give them a place to stay and met them at the lake.Probably an older man maybe,early 20's and young looking but not so innocent. :(

Hi, all, first post here.

I think my eyes are playing tricks on me too because I see it as well.

In the red circle that I've added to the original pic.

Attachments

• man_maybe.jpg
    man_maybe.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 236
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics