IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have one child, but I wonder how hard it must be to pull your s**t together and be a proper mom to the kids you still have when your heart is torn apart for your missing baby.

Because you sort of HAVE to, don't you? You simply have to get up every day and live for those other children and also comfort them, when inside you are in tatters.

How can so darn many of these cases just go cold??? How do the parents (who aren't the perps) find the strength?

I don't even have one child...just my kitty cat...and his well-being consumes me as it is...

You people are so good at this, that I've been going nuts (not a long trip!) trying to come up with something that hasn't already been said here at least once or 10 times...

One thing I didn't see, but may have just missed, is: if the paddleboat is somehow involved in this, the person/people who used it must be someone who knows the owner/s well enough to know that nobody would be home. It's also possible that s/he/they would also be known to the neighbors at least by sight so they wouldn't be suspiscious and call LE while they were on the lake.

The most recent statement from LE [ I will go back and try to find it ] was that there were some witnesses that reported seeing a paddle boat on the lake that afternoon, but no one has come forward to say they were on the boat. But supposedly some boat owner said they think their boat may have been 'borrowed' by somebody.'

I'm still thinking the dead man in the lake 80 miles away is JS.

Any locals there watching the news that might be able to tell us what gets reported in 15 min?

I haven't seen Dan lately on any interviews - have you?

Earlier this week, officials asked that someone who was seen paddle-boating on Meyers Lake that Friday contact authorities, but the person still has not done so, Breault said this morning.
"They've had several people who think someone was (paddle-boating on the lake), but they're still looking for someone who was said to be out there," she said.

ttp://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-26/iowa-missing-cousins/56503354/1

I'm surprised that we're "only" on the 8th thread, when it's been almost two weeks, this case has received a pretty large amount of media coverage, and there's always a very high number of members here.

You people are so good at this, that I've been going nuts (not a long trip!) trying to come up with something that hasn't already been said here at least once or 10 times...

One thing I didn't see, but may have just missed, is: if the paddleboat is somehow involved in this, the person/people who used it must be someone who knows the owner/s well enough to know that nobody would be home. It's also possible that s/he/they would also be known to the neighbors at least by sight so they wouldn't be suspiscious and call LE while they were on the lake.

Very good point. If someone there owns a paddleboat but was away on vacation or something at the time and day the girls went missing, doesn't mean that someone they know didn't used it.

Earlier this week, officials asked that someone who was seen paddle-boating on Meyers Lake that Friday contact authorities, but the person still has not done so, Breault said this morning.
"They've had several people who think someone was (paddle-boating on the lake), but they're still looking for someone who was said to be out there," she said.

ttp://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-26/iowa-missing-cousins/56503354/1

The second part of that quote makes it sound like they could have been told the boat was used, but no one actually saw it and reported it at the time and since then, LE is asking who if anyone did see it and maybe a few have come forward and said they did. Very confusing...I still wonder if it could have been the girls themselves and that is why the lake became a focus...and why the dogs "hit" there.

I'm still thinking the dead man in the lake 80 miles away is JS.

Any locals there watching the news that might be able to tell us what gets reported in 15 min?

I seem to remember someone saying that DM had "accomplices' not just an accomplice. Is it possible that part of both plea agreements was to testify against a 3rd party who threatened them both (but only DM agreed to change his mind)? Of course, I could be remembering wrong and there may have never been more than the two of them.

I'm surprised that we're "only" on the 8th thread, when it's been almost two weeks, this case has received a pretty large amount of media coverage, and there's always a very high number of members here.

I'm constantly lurking but have only posted a couple times. It's hard when you can't discuss your sleuthing of anyone you think may be involved. :behindbar

The second part of that quote makes it sound like they could have been told the boat was used, but no one actually saw it and reported it at the time and since then, LE is asking who if anyone did see it and maybe a few have come forward and said they did. Very confusing...I still wonder if it could have been the girls themselves and that is why the lake became a focus...and why the dogs "hit" there.

True, in rereading it I see that now.

It MIGHT mean that in interviewing homeowners on the lake, they found someone who came home that day and found their paddle boat had been used. maybe it was wet and in a different location. But LE wants to know who was using it.

Has anyone suggested that the parents of "someone" might have tipped off LE about the paddleboat at their unoccupied house having been used without permission or moved so to speak? Is that anyone's theory? I've been gone for awhile. I just don't get the whole paddleboat thing yet. MOO

No new news reported on KWWL (local NBC affiliate) tonight. The girls were mentioned 6 minutes into the broadcast, only in reference to DM's pre-trial hearing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther