ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they never really searched.

I'm confused as to where the older couple was camping in reference to the location of where the Kunz family was camping. I thought I read that it was about 1/2 mile away on the other side of the reservoir. If they were that close wouldn't the Kunz family have come upon them while searching for Deorr? Wouldn't the family have searched at least a 1/2 mile circumference from where they were camped? It seems there was plenty of time for them to have searched that far before LE arrived. Yet, as I recall, they didn't cross paths. Maybe I'm wrong about what I remember reading though. :thinking:

I probably should have used /sarc after my question. :doh:

Thanks....sorry it that was a dumb question :)

Not really a dumb question, it's just web shorthand. Sometimes you can just google and find the meaning of tags through urban dictionary.

Can someone refresh my memory? What was the time stamped on the receipt from the store in Leadore?

i have a feeling these parents will go down fighting. they won't ever admit to anything.

Ok, just chiming in to say I got a chuckle out of the end of the previous thread about "RBF". I have it...hence my avatar. Carry on....

That hasn't been released.

No wonder I don't remember it. Is there an approximate time JM and VDK left the store?

ETA: Did JM and VDK say they arrived back from Leadore at 1:30 PM?

No wonder I don't remember it. Is there an approximate time JM and VDK left the store?

No, we don't have an approximate time. The only new timeline point we have is Sheriff B said IR thought the parents got back to the campsite about 1pm. Any other timeline point is speculation only. It doesn't even merit discussion at this time. imo It really helps to read the media thread if you need background info.

ETA: Did JM and VDK say they arrived back from Leadore at 1:30 PM?
JM claims, per SB, that they returned at 1:10. Barring any other stops, they would have left the store about 12:30 p.m.

Of course they never really searched.

"Bowerman says portions of polygraph tests administered to Kunz and Mitchell have come back “less than truthful” – including questions about knowing what happened to DeOrr, why the child disappeared and where the toddler is located."
Source: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...ruthful-are-suspects-in-childs-disappearance/

Why would they have searched? They know where he is and what happened to him.
I didn't sense the sarcasm in the original post. I completely agree. 😊

I didn't sense the sarcasm in the original post. I completely agree. 

The sarcasm is that I really am not confused, just pointing out "sarcastically/cynically" that it must be another fib that they had searched high and low for Deorr but didn't come across someone camping that close to them.

I'm confused as to where the older couple was camping in reference to the location of where the Kunz family was camping. I thought I read that it was about 1/2 mile away on the other side of the reservoir. If they were that close wouldn't the Kunz family have come upon them while searching for Deorr? Wouldn't the family have searched at least a 1/2 mile circumference from where they were camped? It seems there was plenty of time for them to have searched that far before LE arrived. Yet, as I recall, they didn't cross paths. Maybe I'm wrong about what I remember reading though. :thinking:

Hmmm, very very good point. That never occurred to me. If the couple told LE that they never saw the parents searching, that would be more evidence that the parents are lying about what happened. If they really searched for DeOrr by themselves before LE got there, they would have definitely come across the other campers, spoken to them and told them about DeOrr being missing.

To be fair though, do we know for sure that that *didn't* happen? did SB definitely say that the other campers never met the parents before LE arrived? I remember he said they never saw DeOrr but I'm not so sure about the parents...

Doing some research on the behavior of the parents of missing children and I found a very thorough case management guide. The following quote caught my attention:
As shown by Table 23, the polygraph was used 53 percent of the time to test
acquaintances of the victim, and 41 percent involved testing family members of
the victim. However, in 17 percent of the cases in which the polygraph was used,
an innocent person showed "deception" on the test. Interestingly, of those
innocent persons who showed "deception", 64 percent were family or friends of
the victim, the two groups most often polygraphed.
Table 23
Relationship To Victim Of Persons Pol~eraphed
Acquaintances of Victim 53%
Victim's Family Members 41%
Strangers 39%
Neighbors of Victim 14%
When two additional facts are considered, the polygraph issue becomes a
little more clouded: 1) The younger the victim, the less likelihood of the
polygraph being perceived by police as helping the investigation; and 2) The
younger the victim, the more likely the familylfriends of the victim will be polygraphed.

Just sharing this in case anybody finds its interesting or useful.

Here is the link:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members