ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parts about maintaining the search area (keeping it pristine) definitely suggest parts of this are directed towards Klein.

But the PI did say:

"Our understanding is that local law enforcement officials up there will also be conducting a search. We will coordinate with them. They are the lead on this case at this point in time since it is now a criminal case, and we will either follow or we will move out of the way regarding the direction they give us at this point."

February 29, 2016

TRANSCRIPT: Local News 8 –KIDK3 - Interview with private investigator Phillip Klein on DeOrr Kunz investigation

It appears to me that Klein is saying that they will not get in the way of LE doing their searches and will follow their instructions. So, why would LE be directing that part of the statement at KIC?

Was it this GGP that went camping with them the one that was saying Deorr was his "buddy" and was he used to taking care of Deorr in the home environment? Didn't Deorr have his nap with this GGP at home?

No those comments were made by Deorr's paternal grandfather -Vernal's father. Jessica, Vernal and little Deorr lived with the paternal grandfather for a while. It was his maternal great-grandfather that went on the camping trip - Jessica's grandfather.

To answer your other question..No GGP never gave any interviews with the media. The story about him seeing little Deorr go over the embankment was fabricated by the family. That Post Register article you posted with the timeline is just all wrong. There are so many errors in it that it is not even worth reading. With all the lies we don't have a good timeline of what transpired that day.

Forgive my backtracking, I stumbled across WS when Noah Chamberlin went missing and have stuck around since- so Deorr Jr is relatively new to me. <modsnip>

I've read a lot of your theories and I tend to agree with an accidental death stemming from abuse (punishment that became abuse and lead to death) or accidental death due to neglect in some form.

Would JM and DK have had time to drive back to Idaho Falls in any of these timelines? If it was an accident but an accident that would lead to charges, I could see some people trying to cover it up to save themselves & still wanting the ability to "visit" him often to apologize (might lessen some of the guilt in their minds).

Since they are planning to search near the campground as soon as the snow melts, it seems that they have some pretty strong evidence that little Deorr is, in fact, on the mountain.

But the PI did say:

"Our understanding is that local law enforcement officials up there will also be conducting a search. We will coordinate with them. They are the lead on this case at this point in time since it is now a criminal case, and we will either follow or we will move out of the way regarding the direction they give us at this point."

February 29, 2016

TRANSCRIPT: Local News 8 &#8211;KIDK3 - Interview with private investigator Phillip Klein on DeOrr Kunz investigation

It appears to me that Klein is saying that they will not get in the way of LE doing their searches and will follow their instructions. So, why would LE be directing that part of the statement at KIC?

Thank you for posting this. LE are directing the comments to the family and the general public. IMO Some people just don't like Klein and want to put him down whenever they have the chance.

But the PI did say:

February 29, 2016

TRANSCRIPT: Local News 8 –KIDK3 - Interview with private investigator Phillip Klein on DeOrr Kunz investigation

Because that is just one of the many statements he's made. SB has never acknowledged a close working relationship with Klein. He has politely stated he has met him but he has never indicated Klein is in the inner circle of the investigation.

Private Investigators acquire information but that information is not going to bring about charges or convictions. Even if Klein had some bombshell confessions through interviews he conducted, that doesn't make it useful to LE. I feel the statement was directed at Klein in a polite way so that he recognizes his boundaries. That protects the investigation's integrity. I would like see those people responsible pay for their crimes and that means allowing LE to conduct their investigation. Klein is overstepping and potentially causing problems down the line imo.

Because that is just one of the many statements he's made. SB has never acknowledged a close working relationship with Klein. He has politely stated he has met him but he has never indicated Klein is in the inner circle of the investigation.

Private Investigators acquire information but that information is not going to bring about charges or convictions. Even if Klein had some bombshell confessions through interviews he conducted, that doesn't make it useful to LE. I feel the statement was directed at Klein in a polite way so that he recognizes his boundaries. That protects the investigations integrity. I would like see those people responsible pay for their crimes and that means allowing LE to conduct their investigation. Klein is overstepping and potentially causing problems down tbe line imo.

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying, and perhaps you are right. But for now, I haven't heard LE make a direct statement to Klein regarding anything unless I have missed it. So IMO, at least the searching part of LE's statement wasn't directed at him. But I respect your opinion.

But the PI did say:

February 29, 2016

Maybe reiterating their point perhaps. It's good to see Klein understanding and respecting LE's boundaries. I actually like Klein. Given his job, I think he has more leeway/latitude to say what he thinks than LE does...but he still has to be careful given the situation.

No those comments were made by Deorr's paternal grandfather -Vernal's father. Jessica, Vernal and little Deorr lived with the paternal grandfather for a while. It was his maternal great-grandfather that went on the camping trip - Jessica's grandfather.

To answer your other question..No GGP never gave any interviews with the media. The story about him seeing little Deorr go over the embankment was fabricated by the family. That Post Register article you posted with the timeline is just all wrong. There are so many errors in it that it is not even worth reading. With all the lies we don't have a good timeline of what transpired that day.

Thanks for your reply & clarification about GGP's.
Well if as you say "with all the lies" that have been spun then it's really difficult to decipher what is fact or fiction in this case i would think, so who knows?

Maybe reiterating their point perhaps. It's good to see Klein understanding and respecting LE's boundaries. I actually like Klein. Given his job, I think he has more leeway/latitude to say what he thinks than LE does...but he still has to be careful given the situation.

Agreed.

Thank you for posting this. LE are directing the comments to the family and the general public. IMO Some people just don't like Klein and want to put him down whenever they have the chance.

Well, I'm not crazy about how he conducts himself but I'm not looking for chances to put him down. I'm looking at how LE will secure convictions in this case and I see Klein failing to recognize boundaries. I'm pro parents getting whats coming to them and I'm concerned with justice for DeOrr. If somebody lets attention go their head they may start talking more than is necessary and that gives guilty persons ammunition to use in a variety of ways. PIs are used for criminal defense generally not prosecution and there is a reason for that.

Jmo and not wanting to incite a Klein war. I just want to see DeOrr found and the guilty parties held responsible. I have faith in LE and the FBI and I think Klein could keep DeOrr's name in the media but tone down his approach so that he is helping and not potentially hurting the investigation.

Well, I'm not crazy about how he conducts himself but I'm not looking for chances to put him down. I'm looking at how LE will secure convictions in this case and I see Klein failing to recognize boundaries. I'm pro parents getting whats coming to them and I'm concerned with justice for DeOrr. If somebody lets attention go their head they may start talking more than is necessary and that gives guilty persons ammunition to use in a variety of ways. PIs are used for criminal defense generally not prosecution and there is a reason for that.

Jmo and not wanting to incite a Klein war. I just want to see DeOrr found and the guilty parties held responsible. I have faith in LE and the FBI and I think Klein could keep DeOrr's name in the media but tone down his approach so that he is helping and not potentially hurting the investigation.

Good points and I have the same goals as you do. I also have faith in LE and the FBI, and I do agree that the PI could tone it down a bit. But, IMO, he gave the case a needed boost and has helped. I was concerned it was going to become a cold case. We hadn't heard anything in so long prior to his arrival.

The next search will probably be done with cadaver dogs and they will systematically scour the whole area , including land adjacent to the roads and trails leading to and from Leadore and the campground.

If he is found "buried" it would indicate a cover-up by the family. If DeOrr actually wandered away , carrion would have removed everything except some bone or clothing. That is all searchers can hope for unless a witness comes forward.

I give IR a lot of credibility in his interview , he was there that day , he said DeOrr was at the campground , and IR did not give the impression it was anything beyond a missing child who maybe wandered off.

IR may have been fishing or exploring when the boy went missing , he may not know much about the timeline , but he clearly stated that nobody in the family coached him on telling a fabricated story or what to say to searchers. That alone should tell us a lot.

Mostly I hope they solve this case in order to show how wrong 90% of the theories are

I think it's the nature of the beast. I remember early on in the JonBenet case, there were several spin-off forums which created the term subculture. It became more about the posters and players than JonBenet.

In fact the very first WS forum was a spin off from another news forum. Anyone else remember Jameson? I think WS has been recreated at least 5 times, right Tricia? :happydance:

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Why does this sound familiar?? Jameson? My websleuths addiction began with Jon Benet....... why do I know that name Jameson????!!!!

It's true. Klein was basically hired to do the same job as Sheriff Bowerman. Only it had a double down effect when he came to the same conclusion as the sheriff, the FBI and every other agency involved.

Yes, and IMO SB made it pretty clear he's not working with Klein. BBM:

"We have a set of dogs that will be coming in,&#8221; says Phillip Klein, Klein Investigations and Consulting....

KPVI reached out to Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman. Bowerman named Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz suspects in DeOrr&#8217;s disappearance.

He tell KPVI that he&#8217;s not paying attention to the back and forth between investigators, Browning, and the family and that they are only working with other law enforcement agencies like Bonneville County and the FBI, and not with any of the outside investigators...

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman is asking people to stay out of the area previously searched in case there is undiscovered evidence up there that they may have to recover in the future.

http://www.kpvi.com/news/deorr-kunz...cle_a05648d4-e286-11e5-98b4-d7a792d411c8.html

SB: I don't have a comment at this time. We're trying to keep his investigation separate from ours. We do believe there are a couple other options out there on what happened. Both Vernal and Jessica are still suspects.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho...z-cas/65018463

SB made that comment on 3-3.

What is Kline's conclusion on what happened to Deorr? That Deorr is deceased by accident cover-up, or homicide, involving Jessica & Vernal.

Is that SB.'s conclusion? It doesn't sound like he's 100% on that.
He says that they have a couple other options.

The way I understand this statement, he's also saying that he's not working closely with Kline.

SB: I don't have a comment at this time. We're trying to keep his investigation separate from ours. We do believe there are a couple other options out there on what happened. Both Vernal and Jessica are still suspects.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho...z-cas/65018463

SB made that comment on 3-3.

What is Kline's conclusion on what happened to Deorr? That Deorr is deceased by accident cover-up, or homicide, involving Jessica & Vernal.

Is that SB.'s conclusion? It doesn't sound like he's 100% on that.
He says that they have a couple other options.

The way I understand this statement, he's also saying that he's not working closely with Kline.

True. I wonder what those options are?

Thanks everyone for the latest information. Its good news to hear LE officially say they are planning a formal search when weather permits.

That tells me they have "something new" or a combination of "some new things" they need to check out. Whether it be Cell Phone ping maps or IR's updated cooperation with LE or something else, I do think they have somewhat specific targeted areas they are going to check out.

This is good news.

It was also good to relisten to the formal interview with IR. That has me more convinced now that the boy definitely was alive and well at some point on the trip.

His interview has me convinced that IR had nothing to do with the boy's fate and I think it happened like was previously mentioned where the parents just came back and started throwing a fake fit about the missing boy. The parents probably were going for an oscar with their acting in front of IR and most likely acting for GGP too.

What that interview also showed me is whatever happened to the boy most likely happened with just the parents knowing about it. It kind of rules out any accident with all 4 watching. I was first thinking it may rule out an axe chopping wood accident but I have known people that drive off to get firewood and if VDK and JM took the boy with them to go get more firewood then I could see where an accident with the axe could still have happened.

For that matter the boy could have slipped down a steep hill too but if it was an accident like that then I don't think they would have created such an elaborate ruse about a missing boy. Something happened bad that makes them culpable IMO.

Anyway this is good news that LE confirms they are organizing another search soon. I am getting my hopes up that they will find him this time.

LE indicated that they anticipated polygraph results for both GGF and IR to be inconclusive due to medication. I think that is one primary factor. However, we do not know what kind of medication that is. I think a lot of what is suggested is public opinion.

However, JM and her family have consistently painted GGF as someone incapacitated by ill health. SB has also publically stated that GGF has memory issues which makes his statements difficult to work with.

BBM, Then if that is the case why on earth would they leave Deorr with GGF while they went off without their little boy. Why was GGF even taken on such an expedition if he was suffering ill health? He would of been better off at home or just a days outing for a roadtrip. I imagine they didn't delegate IR as their babysitter seeing as he was a stranger to them? Makes no sense. Perhaps the diminished responsibility lies with Deorr's parents for leaving him with an incapacitated GGF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea