ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to sound so ignorant but is the correct word ford or fjord? The picture I saw did not look like a fjord.

fordcrossing.jpg

A few days ago I watch a escape to the country on tv and they were talking about a ford and I was clueless then they showed me what it was, I never heard it before.

attachment.php

This is the ford. Creek flows left to right. Campsite is this side of creek, 200 yards off the left of photo. Cross the ford and bear left to get to reservoir.
This and many more good photos of the creek are at https://youtu.be/7zr6r0ozYYY

Attachments

• ford0.jpg
    ford0.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 38
  • ford1.jpg
    ford1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 205
<modsnip>

According to IR, GGP took a bottle of whiskey for anyone who wanted it.

According to IR, GGP took a bottle of whiskey for anyone who wanted it.

Thanks for clarifying. I do remember about it being whiskey. Maybe it was GGP's contribution for going with him on the trip then, an act of kindness. Didn't they supposedly do the camping trip for and because of GGP? It was his fave spot to go camping or something?

Post Number 97 in the news and media links on WS:
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/07/isaac-rein-wand-nothing-hide-deorrs-disappearance/
Isaac Reinwand shares his timeline of events in the DeOrr Kunz case
Updated at 1:52 pm, July 11th, 2016 By: Stephan Rockefeller & Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

Also, For those looking up historical data here is the WS link to all news and media from the beginning. Its also listed in the first page of every thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=11960500#post11960500

Some posts have been removed. For those who were asking ... you may discuss what IR said in the interview. You may NOT discuss how IR and RW met as it is rumor.

:wave:

I never noticed or had forgotten about JA's comment about going back to the Silver Dollar. I don't know why they would try to hide this tidbit unless it was relevant in same way, right?

I wish we had one confirmed truth from that trip. It seems the only information we know for certain has no relevance to the case.

OT: For those interested, I just discovered the Missy Bevers thread is open again. Maybe I'm the last to find out, lol.

This makes me think they maybe had DeOrr wait in the truck, or outside, while they went in to drink. Maybe they come out a little tipsy and forget they had the baby with them. DeOrr is playing behind the truck with the muffler, or whatever Vernal made the weird comment about, and he gets run over. Now they are under the influence and negligent and decide they are better off staging an abduction then facing the consequence.

Just a working theory, feel free to blow it out of the water. JMO

O h goodnes.........headed right over there!!!!!! Have not checked that case since they closed it down.

One of my theories is that the baby's body was put in the water far, far downstream from the campground (way outside a reasonable search area), probably when VK was "searching" by the cattle grate or "hauling" to call 911. The distance could be explained later as being due to spring melt or heavy rains, and trauma to the bones would be expected from tumbling along the creek bed. This could have been done whether he died at the campground or was deceased upon arrival.

If you believe Baby DeOrr died prior to the camping trip, do you think he was disposed of before the trip, was brought on the trip and disposed of during the time they were there, or something else?

an autopsy could and would reveal many things. old trauma, newer trauma, dead before he went in the water, death after he went in the water, burns, etc. How long he had been in the water.

an autopsy could and would reveal many things. old trauma, newer trauma, dead before he went in the water, death after he went in the water, burns, etc. How long he had been in the water.

At this point there is probably nothing left except bones.....autopsy info is limited but possoble.

Does anyone else remember an interview in which Vernal mentioned when searching that he didn't care if he was trespassing or something like that? It seems like it was during the initial search (but I'm unsure whether it was before the 911 call or after LE and other searchers arrived).

The reason I ask is because I remember discussing this in relation to the "here's the problem, I drive a black truck", a loose quote from Vernal. I remember thinking why did he want that pointed out? So if anyone saw his black truck someplace unexpected he could explain it away? Or mentioning trespassing as he "searched" when he was actually in his black truck finding a place to hide little Deorr's body?

Just wondering about this, and if it plays into any timeline, however rough.

This makes me think they maybe had DeOrr wait in the truck, or outside, while they went in to drink. Maybe they come out a little tipsy and forget they had the baby with them. DeOrr is playing behind the truck with the muffler, or whatever Vernal made the weird comment about, and he gets run over. Now they are under the influence and negligent and decide they are better off staging an abduction then facing the consequence.

Just a working theory, feel free to blow it out of the water. JMO

I remember this being discussed at length back when we first found out about the Silver Dollar. There were many theories about him overheating in the vehicle, getting out and wandering away, or being run over. I don't remember much as it was quite long ago now. One thing I do remember is that either Bowerman or Klein said two men were in the SD but neither man was Vernal. That implies that GGP and IR were at the SD on Thurs night. What I don't know or don't remember is where J and V were at this time. Can someone refresh my memory? Did they claim to be at the SD too and lied? Did they say they were at the campsite with Deorr? What time were GGP and IR there?

Do we know any of that info? (Sorry, it's been a while since we discussed Silver Dollar at length. My memory is all over the place in this case.)

At this point there is probably nothing left except bones.....autopsy info is limited but possoble.

I was referring to an autopsy performed at the time the little body was discovered way down stream by some other camper........as mentioned by someone a few posts back. As in, the day he fell in the water andand was swept away, as the poster suggested.

Does anyone else remember an interview in which Vernal mentioned when searching that he didn't care if he was trespassing or something like that? It seems like it was during the initial search (but I'm unsure whether it was before the 911 call or after LE and other searchers arrived).

The reason I ask is because I remember discussing this in relation to the "here's the problem, I drive a black truck", a loose quote from Vernal. I remember thinking why did he want that pointed out? So if anyone saw his black truck someplace unexpected he could explain it away? Or mentioning trespassing as he "searched" when he was actually in his black truck finding a place to hide little Deorr's body?

I do remember these comments (sure we all do!).

Early days wasn't it. the first interview? I never could understand his comment - it was referring to a child in a black truck I think or was this the strange man with a dirty child in the shop around 6.30 pm who had a black truck ? And yes I recall him speaking about 'trespassing' and not caring if he trespassed when searching.
Forgotten all about this, thanks for the reminder. Have to find those comments now !

I do remember these comments (sure we all do!).

Early days wasn't it. the first interview? I never could understand his comment - it was referring to a child in a black truck I think or was this the strange man with a dirty child in the shop around 6.30 pm who had a black truck ? And yes I recall him speaking about 'trespassing' and not caring if he trespassed when searching.
Forgotten all about this, thanks for the reminder. Have to find those comments now !

The man in a black truck with a dirty bawling child. IIRC that was never confirmed and was said to have never happened. It was supposedly, according to VDK and JM, at about 4 or 5 pm on the day of or the day after when they were still up there searching the campground. He said it couldn't have been him because he was searching. He looked so guilty when he was talking about that, which is what gave me the idea maybe, just maybe that they passed little Deorr off to someone else, for cash. Idk, but his behavior was sure strange in that interview.

BBM. Thanks for bringing this back up, I completely forgot about it and I believe that statement was leakage to some extent. IMO Deorr is likely buried on private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea