ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 #32

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lemhi County sheriff: DeOrr's case 'has to be a homicide'
Dean Johnson, KTVB July 07, 2016

BOISE - It' has been nearly a year now since 3-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. went missing while on a camping trip with his family near Leadore, Idaho. It's a story that's garnered national attention, especially with last week's People Magazine article in which the toddler's parents outline what happened that day, and what they've done since.

On Thursday, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told KTVB he thinks the parents are hiding something.

View attachment 132255 View attachment 132256

Media Thread and Maps

Timeline updated as at January 27, 2016

List of names of case players here

Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30

Thread #31

Attachments

• deorr.jpg
    deorr.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Missing-7.jpg
    Missing-7.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
On sixth anniversary of DeOrr Kunz's disappearance, Sheriff says the search is far from over - East Idaho News

This article has an interview with Penner. As he was talking I scanned down what the reporter was saying. There have been a total of three private investigators on the case. I would love to know their thoughts on the case. I do know the first one dropped the case and he believes the patent's and grandfather knew more. (Per the missing 411 documentary)
Other articles from the previous Sheriff do point the finger at the parents but to date, there is no proof to back that up or he would have made an arrest.

They definitely would have been arrested in the UK as we need only “reasonable suspicion” to nick someone, interrogate them and instantly search their homes and property.

Unfortunately you usually need more firm evidence than that in the US (“probable cause”)… and with no body, no blood, no cause, and no evidence of wrong-doing other than suspicion, the police are a bit stuck.

ETA: that’s not to say they could/would have been charged with anything in the UK, but at least proper searches of homes and vehicles could have been done before the family had chance to leave the campsite and hide any evidence.

Last edited:
I always thought the Mom holding Deorr's blanket and sobbing uncontrollably was hinky. I just did not want to go there, but always had a feeling something wasn't right in that case. One PI was sued.

I remember how the ‘camping trip’ was a big rush. Iirc, they suddenly set off for this remote location on a Friday night and didn’t even pack supplies. I’m sure the grandpa and his friend never even saw DeOrr. They were probably threatened to keep their mouths shut. I remember how the friend was terrified about speaking to anyone and was hiding inside his house.

Similarly, I still wonder what happened to Haleigh Cummings. Law enforcement is able to get answers and/or confessions from so many other tougher, hard core criminals. So, what happened with these two cases? Some little punks outwitted law enforcement?!

My bold. This speaks to my original theory the "friend" took the child. I think there was ample opportunity for him to kidnap the child, silence him somehow (gag? alcohol? sedatives? dead?) and hold him in his tent while everyone else was searching for him. It would've been no real work at all to wrap his little body in the tent when they all packed up to leave, and then he would've had all the time in the world to put him away somehow later.

I do not buy his "dumb" act at all. I think he's far more cunning than he appears, and during at least one of the news reports I saw, I really wished the reporters would've kept a single camera angle on him when they were interviewing him because they jump cut at some really crucial moments, and I would love to get a better read of his reaction to some of the tougher questions.

I think he is/was perfectly capable of hurting the child, and I don't think Grandpa would've said anything even if he absolutely knew he did it. I think he disliked his granddaughter and didn't think her son was worth protecting or deserved justice. :(

I concede there are other possibilities. Maybe the boy was never there, and the parents went camping to cover up a previous event. Maybe he simply fell into the water. Maybe he took off walking like Emmett Trapp or Christopher Ramirez, and was miles away before the first searchers arrived on the scene.

But if I had to put money on it, I would split my bet between the family friend and the creek bed.

Klein Investigations agrees to reinvestigate if $25,000 is raised to cover travel and lodging costs.

Deorr Kunz | Justice for baby Deorr

I also heard Klein say on the channel mentioned in the link above that a cooler was missing from the campsite that I never heard about before. It appears that things could finally heat up again soon.

Re the "creek bed," if he was there they would have found him.

My bold. This speaks to my original theory the "friend" took the child. I think there was ample opportunity for him to kidnap the child, silence him somehow (gag? alcohol? sedatives? dead?) and hold him in his tent while everyone else was searching for him. It would've been no real work at all to wrap his little body in the tent when they all packed up to leave, and then he would've had all the time in the world to put him away somehow later.

I do not buy his "dumb" act at all. I think he's far more cunning than he appears, and during at least one of the news reports I saw, I really wished the reporters would've kept a single camera angle on him when they were interviewing him because they jump cut at some really crucial moments, and I would love to get a better read of his reaction to some of the tougher questions.

I think he is/was perfectly capable of hurting the child, and I don't think Grandpa would've said anything even if he absolutely knew he did it. I think he disliked his granddaughter and didn't think her son was worth protecting or deserved justice. :(

I concede there are other possibilities. Maybe the boy was never there, and the parents went camping to cover up a previous event. Maybe he simply fell into the water. Maybe he took off walking like Emmett Trapp or Christopher Ramirez, and was miles away before the first searchers arrived on the scene.

But if I had to put money on it, I would split my bet between the family friend and the creek bed.

IR’s recap of the day never changed throughout numerous interviews according to investigators. Never. The responses from the other three that were present changed numerous times, especially from mom and dad. IMO, IR is an innocent man.

IR’s recap of the day never changed throughout numerous interviews according to investigators. Never. The responses from the other three that were present changed numerous times, especially from mom and dad. IMO, IR is an innocent man.

Adding on to this, the parents literally gave IR an ironclad alibi for when the child disappeared. My memory is fuzzy since I haven’t visited this case for awhile, so some details might not be 100% accurate, but they said IR was fishing in the creek next to one of the parents the entire time the disappearance allegedly took place. So it would have basically been impossible for him to abduct the kid and hide him without one of the parent’s witnessing it.

Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Deorr Kunz, named as suspects in the disappearance of little Deorr, know where their little boy is.

They know. Where is he, Jessica? Vernal?

mo
i can close my eyes and see little deorr, in several photos. i can close my eyes and see the dad babbling nonsense. i can close my eyes and cannot remember what jessica looks like, i see casey anthony. like, SERIOUSLY. my mind is wiped blank! i don't know if it's the brown hair or they look alike or what.

i can close my eyes and see little deorr, in several photos. i can close my eyes and see the dad babbling nonsense. i can close my eyes and cannot remember what jessica looks like, i see casey anthony. like, SERIOUSLY. my mind is wiped blank! i don't know if it's the brown hair or they look alike or what.

idk what it is but I’m glad someone said it before me because I always got Casey Anthony vibes from her, it’s gotta be the hair and petite figure!

idk what it is but I’m glad someone said it before me because I always got Casey Anthony vibes from her, it’s gotta be the hair and petite figure!

probably. i did look her up after i wrote that and was thinking, 'okay, yeah i remember her', but casey always comes back!!! not saying she's casey anthony, but yeah they do have similar descriptive features.

Nate Eaton: reporter

Hard to believe it’s been 7 years this weekend since DeOrr Kunz vanished. This is an age-progressed photo released in 2017 of what he could have looked like at that time. I wonder how he’d look today? I wish there was something new to report but there isn’t. Just lots of questions and not many answers.
May be an image of 2 people, child, people standing and text that says '然卡快 ትቱት MISSINGAL EKPLOITED'

i remember following deorr's case at the same time as lonzie barton in florida. both were cute little toddler boys. lonzie was found finally, murdered. i can't really say deorr jr. will ever be found in those mountains. he was obviously out of the zone of searching so he could be anywhere! i thought grandpa would make a death bed confession but he didn't. this story will fade but i'll never forget little deorr kunz jr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back