ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 #32

Huh. Interesting. I’m going to have to Google Marshburn’s findings as I somehow missed that whole chapter. I know of him and knew he was called into the case at one point but somehow I never read any follow up.
I’m so happy Klein found Olivia Newton John’s boyfriend but TBH I’m still waiting for him to bust open both this and the Michael Chambers case, as promised. Shrug.

Was there a conclusive investigation in6to the activities of the parents re the day or so before going to the camp? It just seems so bizarre that if they did it, they would have chosen that remote area to stage such an unlikely place for an abduction. The behavior panel guys sure bought their behavior at the presser, but noted some uncertainly in their body language once the descriptions of the camp activities took place.

How could the parents have intentionally or accidently killed him without gmpa's friend being in on it? He said for sure he saw the child at the camp, iirc.

Was there a conclusive investigation in6to the activities of the parents re the day or so before going to the camp? It just seems so bizarre that if they did it, they would have chosen that remote area to stage such an unlikely place for an abduction. The behavior panel guys sure bought their behavior at the presser, but noted some uncertainly in their body language once the descriptions of the camp activities took place.

How could the parents have intentionally or accidently killed him without gmpa's friend being in on it? He said for sure he saw the child at the camp, iirc.
Some believe that Grandpa's friend was a very suggestible person.

Curious why you think that he is upside down ?
Oh boy, let me see if I can open that dusty drawer in my head. It’s gonna take a minute but it’s from his father’s own words. He repeats the phrase “upside down” in the majority of his statements when trying to come up with his story. The phrase is used in several different scenarios. I don’t claim statement analysis is a scientific method but Vernal repeating this phrase so often, it’s hard to ignore. I’ll see if I can find my old notes in a bit. Eta:I believe he and mom were busy with the selfish task of feeding an addiction and they neglected him. I think they looked at the water and saw he was drowned floating upside down and then buried him later somewhere upside down. Maybe? I’m wrong a lot though… but it doesn’t stop me from believing it.

Last edited:
Oh boy, let me see if I can open that dusty drawer in my head. It’s gonna take a minute but it’s from his father’s own words. He repeats the phrase “upside down” in the majority of his statements when trying to come up with his story. The phrase is used in several different scenarios. I don’t claim statement analysis is a scientific method but DeOrr Sr. repeating this phrase so often, it’s hard to ignore. I’ll see if I can find my old notes in a bit.
Do you think he ever was at the campground that day?

A few references, I can’t find my notes so this is a quick down and dirty:

"Just in a split second, your whole world is upside down and vanished," Deorr Kunz Sr., Deorr's father, told East Idaho News Monday
Idaho Toddler Missing Five Days After Wandering Away from Family's Campsite

We could only turn every stone over so many times and we did it over and over and we had the helicopter,”. “We had people on horses, four-wheelers. We did the hand to hand grid search. We did everything over and over. We turned the creek upside down.”
Devastated parents beg for leads after 2-year-old son vanishes in broad daylight from Idaho campground

“[The sheriff] assured me there is 100 percent chance he is not anywhere in or near that water,” Kunz Sr. said. “They have torn that creek upside down and inside out. Divers have gone in with wetsuits along with the helicopter.”
‘We’ll find you, son’ Parents of missing Idaho boy believe he was abducted

“Six months since he stood next a picnic table and I heard his little voice and that was the last moment my life went from great to upside down … that little boy taught me how to be a man to love and care and happiness I miss my son every minute of everyday. I just want my amazing son back and my great life to continue daddy misses and loves you goobs,” he wrote
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/2bdcd8daafeb4d338d92f21a6ca53eb3

Some believe that Grandpa's friend was a very suggestible person.
IF Deorr was kept in his car seat and covered up quite well with a blanket, they may have told the friend Deorr was asleep ?
And the friend wouldn't go and lift the blanket to speak to the little one without the parents lifting him out of the car seat.... as in, "Don't bother Deorr, he's sleeping...".
That sort of thing.

We don't know for sure if the friend saw him walking around.
And --imo-- the friend may have said to investigators what he was told to say ?

Not blaming the friend.
Omo.

A few references, I can’t find my notes so this is a quick down and dirty:

"Just in a split second, your whole world is upside down and vanished," Deorr Kunz Sr., Deorr's father, told East Idaho News Monday
Idaho Toddler Missing Five Days After Wandering Away from Family's Campsite

We could only turn every stone over so many times and we did it over and over and we had the helicopter,”. “We had people on horses, four-wheelers. We did the hand to hand grid search. We did everything over and over. We turned the creek upside down.”
Devastated parents beg for leads after 2-year-old son vanishes in broad daylight from Idaho campground

“[The sheriff] assured me there is 100 percent chance he is not anywhere in or near that water,” Kunz Sr. said. “They have torn that creek upside down and inside out. Divers have gone in with wetsuits along with the helicopter.”
‘We’ll find you, son’ Parents of missing Idaho boy believe he was abducted

“Six months since he stood next a picnic table and I heard his little voice and that was the last moment my life went from great to upside downthat little boy taught me how to be a man to love and care and happiness I miss my son every minute of everyday. I just want my amazing son back and my great life to continue daddy misses and loves you goobs,” he wrote
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/2bdcd8daafeb4d338d92f21a6ca53eb3
Red bolding mine.

Does he ever mention Deorr's name ?
The, "that little boy..." seemed odd in a way, like distancing language.
Just an observation.
If Deorr drowned elsewhere, why was he hidden ? (If he was, if not, he certainly vanished !)
Wouldn't the parents have called 911 and try to have him resuscitated ?
Omo.

* 27 July 2018:

Eta:15 Nov 2028
Our client has given us permission to release all of the original interviews that we did on video and audio with all the primary players,” Klein told EastIdahoNews.com. “We feel that since the public held fundraisers and paid for us to travel back and forth from Texas to Idaho that it is the public’s property.”

Klein says the footage will include interviews with the four people who were camping with DeOrr the day he disappeared: Jessica Mitchell, DeOrr’s mother; Vernal Kunz, DeOrr’s father; Robert Walton, DeOrr’s great grandfather; and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of Walton’s.

“We’ll probably release some secondary interviews that we conducted. We’ll probably put up our conversation with the store clerk at the Stage Stop in Leadore,” Klein says. “We’ll likely put up the young man who pumped the gas and other people who may have seen DeOrr.”

Klein says his firm is in the process of building a website where all of the interviews will be posted within six to eight weeks.
https://www.idahostatesman.com/latest-news/article215930355.html

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther