ID ID - Jeramy Burt, 35, Boise, 11 Feb 2007

I watched the "Disappeared" episode and came up with the following timeline.

Feb 11/07
- 10:30 pm - last seen @ 2200 block Hervey St, Boise ID by his father. He said he was headed out to his buddy's (Greg Reno) house. His father said that JB looked dressed nice enough to be 'going to party'.

- 10:30 pm - ATM transaction in Boise very shortly after this time.
- ~12:00 midnight - debit transaction at a Chevron station in Mountain House ID (about 40 miles, or 30 minutes drive from JB's place)

Feb 12/07:
- Greg Reno receives call from JB's phone in early hours of the night
- JB's common law ("ex") receives text messages from JB during the day and checks them after her training session in Las Vegas.
- numerous calls from JB's cell that last less than a minute, indicating calls followed by hang ups.

Feb 13/07:
- "Ex" receives text from JB's phone that he plans to start a new life
- call from JB's cell to payphone in Mountain House ID (only long duration call; ~ 6-7 minutes)

Feb 14/07:
- last activity on JB's cell.

Feb 17/07:
- ex gets home from Las Vegas and notices that her car is missing. She files a missing person's report and an auto theft report.

May 18/07:
- ex's car found abandoned and burned in remote desert area (45 mi. from Nevada state line and 100 mi. south of Boise) in Owyhee County.

Usually after time has passed you can look back on a situation and see things differently. Time tells all. People don't change.

So I'm wondering where the lawyer is now? I wonder if she's gotten in to any more trouble.

Surely something has come up ... some sort of lead ???

Here is a recent story on the case:
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_72af6916-b64a-11e3-9843-0019bb2963f4.html

In reading about this case it screams the lawyer had something to do with it. She is the only logical person. The texts to his ex-wife had some personal info, leading me to believe that it had to be someone that knew Jeremy making the texts. The one long call was to a pay phone. That makes no sense. My suspicion is that the call was to a hitman or accomplice. I would think given the phone activity by Jeremy it wouldn't be too difficult to narrow down POI in the area or with no phone activity. Even stranger too the lawyer appears to have changed her name a couple of times.

My suspicion is that there won't be an arrest until a body is recovered.

Here is a recent story on the case:
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_72af6916-b64a-11e3-9843-0019bb2963f4.html

In reading about this case it screams the lawyer had something to do with it. She is the only logical person. The texts to his ex-wife had some personal info, leading me to believe that it had to be someone that knew Jeremy making the texts. The one long call was to a pay phone. That makes no sense. My suspicion is that the call was to a hitman or accomplice. I would think given the phone activity by Jeremy it wouldn't be too difficult to narrow down POI in the area or with no phone activity. Even stranger too the lawyer appears to have changed her name a couple of times.

My suspicion is that there won't be an arrest until a body is recovered.

Snipped from your link:

His brother, Shane Burt of Chubbuck, said he had a dreadful premonition that he would never see Jeramy again when he learned that his brother was missing.

“I don’t mean to downplay death, but this is almost worse,” Shane said. “You have all these unanswered questions and it haunts you every day.”

Shane said he met with the police the following weekend, but his family’s sense of urgency was overlooked by law enforcement until they found Kim’s missing car.

“The police asked us to let them take care of it, to not go to the media and we did that,” Shane said. “I think the police dropped the ball when they didn’t take it seriously that weekend.”

:(

I found another mention of Jeramy in another article.

Rally held in Salt Lake City to honor missing persons

http://fox13now.com/2014/06/21/rally-held-in-salt-lake-city-to-honor-missing-persons/

It’s a similar struggle for Sheryl Burt. Her son, Jeramy Carl Burt, vanished on February 11, 2007.

“It’s been the worst 7 years of my life, and I wouldn’t wish this nightmare on anyone,” Sheryl said.

Her son was 31 at the time. Police found the carcass of a burned car, deserted in a remote area in Idaho just three months after his disappearance.

“He would have never left his daughter behind,” Burt said of her son.

These families are now turning to each other for support, and they’re turning to Marki Davis, who is a private investigator.

It seems as though they've employed a PI on the case, which is good to see. Hopefully Marki Davis can crack the case!

Father's search goes on 8 years after Boise man's disappearance
6:52 a.m. MDT April 24, 2015

snipped
The Burt family is now working with a private investigator out of Utah who is helping organize a search this June in the area where the car was found.

"There is a number of pieces of equipment that is needed for a detailed search," Burt said.

The family is raising money to pay for the search equipment and even a cadaver dog, in hopes of finding Jeramy's body. The private investigator is doing the work for free. Van believes, and long has, that his son is dead, but he still wants to find his body.

"I'd like to find some closure on it," Burt said. "I'd like to know where he is so that we could properly put him to rest."

Bumping, Jeramy has been missing for nine years now.

From last month:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article53062600.html

The mother of a missing Boise man, Jeramy Burt, hopes the cards will lead someone to come forward with information.

Burt went missing in 2007. His burnt car was discovered in the desert in Owyhee County a few months later. Sheryl Burt thinks there could be a connection between her son’s disappearance and that of another Boise man, Ahren Barnard, who went missing in 2004. Neither has been found.

“I know somebody knows something,” Sheryl Burt said. “They are just too afraid to come forward.

“I am not going to give up,” she said. “When I start feeling down and out about it, I picture sitting in the courtroom with the suspect. That is what keeps me going.”

Jeramy had a lot of weirdness in his life. He married someone in Japan. He claimed to end the relationship but never get around to executing the divorce. He dates a woman and gets her pregnant (I think) while married. He hires an attorney to do the divorce and ends up dating her. Weeks after his baby arrives, he separates from his baby's mother and gets divorced from her. He carries on seeing the divorce attorney. Later he goes back to the his baby's mother and, according to her, says he realizes the divorce attorney is practicing corrupt law so he says he'll keep seeing her just to rat her out. So he secretly records is private conversations with the divorce attorney and takes them to the authorities. She goes to prison for a year as a result. When she gets out she wants to date him again, and it sounds like maybe he dates her some despite all that happened. He starts living with his ex-wife, the mother of his 3 y/o, but it sounds like it's for convenience rather than to reconcile and start a normal relationship as the mother wants.

One of those things I could accept as the crazy things people occasionally do in relationships. But he does one crazy thing after another.

His relationship with the attorney is unusual because attorney's are forbidden by the Bar from dating their clients. Was it just dumb luck that he went to an attorney who was a) a young woman and b) willing to break the rules?

I don't understand why he turned the attorney in in the first place instead of just getting away from her. It makes even less sense that they'd see each other romantically after he helped send her to prison. Were they just very psychologically troubled people or is there more to the story?

I get the idea the police think his ex-wife is naïve in her belief in him.

Guesses
It sounds like the text messages were not from him but from is murderer. They were intended to throw her off and make her think maybe he stole her car and left voluntarily. Their relationship was not close, and this would seem plausible given his past behavior. It might have been smarter not to send them, but the murderer was not that smart. It makes no sense why the murderer would answer the voice call.

The attorney may have been involved, but there may have been other criminal activity of some sort going on.

One key is finding out why he turned in the attorney and why he continued to see her after that. Maybe they were just stupid, but if there was any reason for that behavior it might shed light one what happened to him.

You wrote this so perfectly. His life seems like it was very complicated by himself. I definitely think the attorney holds the answers here but until there is evidence, a body or a confession I can see this never being solved...which is very unfortunate! I feel so badly for his family, his daughter and her mother.

Police still searching for Boise man who disappeared 10 years ago

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/police-still-searching-for-boise-man-who-disappeared-10-years-ago/406781673

It’s been 10 years since Jeramy Burt was last seen by family and friends. Boise Police detectives still consider Burt an endangered missing person.

This week marks the 10th anniversary of when police began investigating the 33-year-old man’s disappearance. So far, detectives have not found any information leading to his whereabouts.

The only clue was the car Burt was last driving was found burned up in the Owyhee desert in May 2007. A thorough search of the car failed to turn up any evidence that led to Burt’s whereabouts. They do believe foul play was involved in his death.

To mark the 10th anniversary of his missing date, Burt’s family will release balloons and hold one minute of silence at the northwest corner of Holt Arena in Pocatello at 2:11 p.m. on Saturday. Feb. 11. The public is invited.

Missing person investigation - 10th Anniversary: Boise Police Department

Man with ties to American Falls still missing after 10 years

http://idahostatejournal.com/members/man-with-ties-to-american-falls-still-missing-after-years/article_eddc9e8d-5ca5-5c57-9fee-967d63a51463.html

Sheryl Burt, Jeramy’s mother, calls his disappearance a nightmare she would never wish on anyone.

“I think of Jeramy every day, and usually several times throughout each day,” she said, adding that she keeps a photo of him under her pillow because it helps her to feel closer to him. “We talk about our memories often, sometimes sad ones and sometimes funny ones.”

Sheryl doesn’t believe her son is still alive because he hasn’t contacted them. But she hopes to be able to find him one day and bring those responsible for his disappearance to justice.

Boise police, who have continued investigating Jeramy’s disappearance over the years, say they’ve never been able to find any information leading to his whereabouts. They do consider him an endangered missing person and they believe foul play may be involved.

Crystal Douglas, founder of East Idaho Cold Cases, also sent out a call for information as the anniversary approached.

She first met Jeramy's family in June 2015 when they were conducting a search of the area where the car was discovered.

“You could still see where the ground was burnt and melted pieces from the car were on the ground eight years later,” she said. “It was a powerful and humbling moment for me, and it reaffirmed the fact there is a story behind every missing person and a very real family grieving and praying for answers. I wish someone would come forward for them and tell the truth. They know exactly who they are.”

Sheryl says Jeramy was a good person who cared for his family and friends, and she hopes to see him again one day.

“He made mistakes in his life, but he made them right with everyone during his lifetime," she said. "And so I know that his (conscience) was clear and that he is watching over his daughter and our family and that I will see him again someday."

Have just seen the Disappeared programme featuring this case. I am in UK. Was hoping to find out if there were any up-dates. Saddened that there seems not.

Bumping for updates. It's amazing to see a case with so little activity in terms of updates, especially when there is almost very obviously clear cut (in my eyes) POI.

I think this is his second wife who sadly died at age 41. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatejournal/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=180633550
I didn't see anything in the news about her death so I imagine it was not suspicious but she was quite young.

It's also interesting that the POI was disbarred in April 2006, nearly a year before Jeramy went missing: https://isb.idaho.gov/licensing-mcle/attorney-roster-search/ yet she was indicted on felony charges in March 2004.
Idaho Statesman, The (Boise, ID) - March 18, 2004 Author/Byline: Staff, Kathleen Kreller
Section: Local
Page: 01
...J******B**** turned herself in at the Ada County Jail Wednesday evening after a warrant was issued for her arrest, officials said. Bond was set at $2,500; she was booked and released... The grand jury indictment alleges... November 2002, B forged... with the seal of a 4th Judicial District judge... November and December 2002, B gave a woman cash... to illegally influence the woman from testifying in a criminal proceeding against B... December 2003, B concealed or altered a tape recording to prevent it from being... used... in a criminal investigation involving a felony offense...

The timeline fits for the tape recording the lawyer was indicted in tampering with being the one Jeramy recorded however, I'm trying to figure out what happened in late 2006/early 2007 that may have led to his disappearance. Also, what criminal felony offense was that tape about?

Surprisingly, none of this stuff comes up in her records. In fact, the only records coming up for her here are all traffic related and mostly up in Moscow where she attended college: https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partyResults.do

Here's some more recent activities of JB/J-EB/JH: In 2015 she got divorced: http://utahsright.com/divorces.php?first=Jeannie&last=Hughes&search=1 More interesting is that her now ex-husband was sentenced to one week in jail for attempted murder http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...ute-attorneys-attempted-murder-case/83569038/ after she allegedly pulled a gun on him.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...ttorney-sentenced-shooting-incident/91221214/
According to prior testimony in the case, Hughes’ wife did not file a police report after the shooting occurred... claiming that his wife had initially pulled a gun on him and he was afraid of her — a claim he now refutes...

The resulting investigation found that Hughes’ wife’s claim he had shot at her was more credible, although the investigation acknowledged she had been convicted in Idaho of forging a judge’s signature and interfering with witnesses and evidence in a child custody case while she was an attorney in the Boise area, and that a key witness in that case disappeared under mysterious circumstances Boise police are still investigating nearly a decade later.

She was disbarred in 2006, and Hughes was aware of those events after he met her on a “sugar daddies” dating website and married her in December 2009, friends have told The Spectrum. She was released from her probation in the case July 19 of last year — a few weeks after the shooting incident occurred.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back