IL IL - Barbara Glueckert, 14, Huntley, 21 Aug 1976

Here's some of my post from this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81655
Possible match?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/279ufmd.html

Discovered on September 12, 1976 in the Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland.
She was a victim of homicide/strangulation
Estimated Date of Death: 24 hours prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15-25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'8"; 159 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length, brown hair; brown eyes. Pierced ears.
Marks, Scars: She had a 1 ½ inch scar on her left thigh.
Tattoos: She had what appeared to be the letters of either "JP", "JS","JD", "JB", or SP", "SS", "SD", "SB", crudely tattooed on her right arm, just below the shoulder.
Clothing: White/beige pullover, short sleeve top; Levis beige and yellow jeans; a white bra; leather, brown shoes, with soft rubber composition sole, with laces; and striped with brown/gray/beige knee socks.
Jewelry: A rawhide, string necklace, with a small, round, blue object affixed.
Personal Effects: 2 keys on a safety pin.
Blood Type: O positive.
Fingerprints: Available. 12 0 5 U OIO 18, I 17 U IIO 19
Dentals: Available. Teeth are in good condition with the following notations: 3rd molars all extracted, left mandibular 2nd molar extracted, fillings in left upper 1st and 2nd molars, right 1st and 2nd molars and left lower 1st molar. Tooth #20 rotated 90 degrees.

Case History
The victim was found by a passing motorist at 10:20 a.m. on September 12, 1976, off the roadway in the 5600 block of Dogwood Road, in the Woodlawn section of Baltimore. This is just a short distance from Lorraine Park Cemetery.
It is believed she had been killed sometime within the previous 24 hours at another location, and her body was dumped where it was found.
Detectives launched an extensive investigation at the time to find the killer. The young woman's fingerprints have been checked against the records of every state in the union, with no matches. No matches have been found for her dental records. Investigators have followed up on similar cases in other states as far away as Illinois and California. But they have found nothing.

This was Barbara's Detective, I emailed them but haven't received his response. I asked if the Detective could share more information with us, as far as leads that have been investigated, how soon they were able to interview Urlacher, from the articles I have read, they didn't catch up to him in California until December, long time to do away with a body or even move it...
If you have any information concerning Ms. Glueckert's case, please contact:
Mount Prospect Police Department
Detective Mike Nelson (I'm not sure he's still with them, emailed directed to him anyway)
847-870-5649

Posted on 3-20-2009 1:09 a.m.
I emailed both detectives the info on Jane and Ms. Glueckert, I will let you all know as soon as I hear (read) anything!

About the tattoo, it was only one, and the ME couldn't really make out the exact letters, that's why there are so many listed, those are all possibles. When I read that, I thought that maybe the abductor/perp did that to her... Since it was so crudely done. I do wish that there was a photo of the tat, to look at, but haven't found one. Hopefully, the ME does and puts that up, soon. I thought maybe the perp did it to throw off LE about who she was or who might've killed her.
It's about 750 miles from Huntley to Baltimore, about an 8 to 10 hour drive. If the abductor took her there the same night she went missing, he could've held her there, for awhile, then went back later, killed her and dumped her when the LE started asking questions and found out who "Tom Edwards" actually was. IDK!! Just some of the scenarios I have wondered about. I realize they have checked for fingerprints against those in the system and no match, but Ms. Glueckert doesn't even have an NCIC number listed, so I doubt they have her fingerprints. I do hope there is DNA and dentals for Ms. Glueckert. I hope the dentals are a part of her files, because if not, it will have to be DNA, and we all know how long that can take.....

Jeremiah 29:11-14

My post from 3-25-09 6:24 pm

The newspapers reported for weeks that LE was searching for Urlacher, that he was a POI, Urlachers friends loaned him money ($1,000 according to article) and he told them he was going to Arizona for a little while, apparently he ended up in California, so he had the time to take her to Maryland, he was driving from all accounts. Urlacher was into drugs for some time before meeting up with Barbara, he could've drugged her and kept her somewhere in between, don't ya think? They didn't find Urlacher until December, according to the Herald Newspaper.... If someone is going to kidnap and murder a young girl and tell their friends they're going to Arizona, why not go the opposite way to dump the body? Do I have Criminal Mind or what? I think it's watching too many CSI's, Criminal Minds, Forensic Files and such!
You know Urlacher was killed in a drug deal in Colorado in 2004? So the guy was in a lot of different states. He even has ancestors in British Columbia,CA!
Another strange thing, when I first read his name, I immediately thought of Brain Urlacher (Chicago Bears 54) and thought, they have to be related, that's not a common name, but then researching Ancestors, I found there are lots of Urlachers, from all over US,Canada and UK...
I surmise that not every crime makes sense, unless you are the criminal.....

Back to the sleuthing and waiting......

Since Madeabecbec has already made contact with the detective handling Barbara's case regarding the possible MD match, I am going to wait for feedback from her. Don't want too many people inundating LE if they already have a sleuth they are communicating with here at LE. If she has not, I will call him as I am 'local'- Unless you would like to since you found the possible. Don't want to step on any toes. Either way is fine with me.

No, I wouldn't be comfortable calling on any case.
I'm happy to help but I don't do the phone.

It's about 750 miles from Huntley to Baltimore, about an 8 to 10 hour drive. If the abductor took her there the same night she went missing, he could've held her there, for awhile, then went back later, killed her and dumped her when the LE started asking questions and found out who "Tom Edwards" actually was. IDK!!

I mapped this the other day

Google maps - Huntley, Illinois to Baltimore, Maryland. 749 mi – about 12 hours 16 mins

The Maryland Jane doe -
* Discovered on September 12, 1976 in the Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland.
* She was a victim of homicide/strangulation
* Estimated Date of Death: 24 hours prior

and Barbara Glueckert - Missing since August 21, 1976 in Huntley, Kane County, Illinois

There's a few weeks time between missing and Doe being found.

We still don't know about California so it's really hard to say

I posted this on the JD thread, posting it here so you all will know! From Detective Nelson's email to me;
First of all let me thank you for your work and attention concerning Barbara's case. I say that as a member of the Mt. Prospect Police Department, as one of the many investigators who have worked this case, and as one of Barbara's childhood friends. Unfortunately for all of us, there are several factors pertaining to your Jane Doe which add up to a negative match. One could look at the physical descriptions and say they are close enough, however the scar and tattoo would be a stretch (if one wanted to argue they were added after her disappearance). Even allowing for those things, the blood type and dental records are absolutely no match (the dental records miss by a factor of 6).

Again thank you for you interest. If you could do me a favor, at anytime in the future you gather any information concerning Barbara, please e-mail me directly or phone 847-870-5656, and I will get back to you in kind

Sincerely,
Ofc. M. Nelson #176
Mt. Prospect Police Department
Mt. Prospect, Illinois 60056

(This JD here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/279ufmd.html )
I'm kind of relieved that it's not her, mainly because it could suggest that Urlacher had nothing to do with it and I have no doubt he was involved with whatever happened to her, no doubt!

So let's get to looking further for Barbara..... Someone (I believe it was Cubby) suggested that we map out a route/routes that Urlacher would've taken To Arizona/California and check the Janes along the way. The Herald Newspaper reported that one of Urlachers friends told LE, he was on a red & white Suzuki motorcycle headed to Arizona or Colorado. As we know he ended up in California, Urlacher was arrested in San Franciso around Dec.7th, 1976 (Story published that day) and then brought back to Huntley. So who all wants to take a route, and search for Janes found? Put the route up here or what state you'll look in or have looked in and we'll go from there, okay?

BTW, I replied back to Det. Nelson and invited him here, He probably doesn't have time, but I invited him nonetheless....:angel: Here's to hoping!

Cubby I believe you should call the newer one in or you can email it in, I will pm you Nelson's email if you'd like?
I'll be back, with some other JD suggestions, too! :cool:

Thanks madeabecbec & roselvr. I would be happy to phone in the possible match on the hot case. Though, I have some thoughts on that hot case and Barbara's case.

IF one of Urlachers friends said he went to Cali on a Suzuki what happened to his car? I think it was a Buick Electra?

From the info on the Hotcase,
-The jane doe is listed as a bit smaller than Barbara
4'9" to 5'2".
-It is said this jane was deceased at least 10 years, and in the desert for at least 5. Ok, I'm not an anthropologist so that confuses me. Does it mean someone moved the body from another location? Could Urlacher been scared they might find her and have moved her years later? In my head, that sounds unlikely but anything is possible.
-and it's a bit of a drive from the San Bernadino area to San fran. Do we know if Urlacher went straight to SF, was he actually in AZ first?
-Copied from the hotcase: There was a fracture of the right proximal femur which appears to be parimortem. Ok, this fracture stands out to me. Am I off thinking a fracture such as this could have occured during a rape? It's horrible to think about, but I wonder if it could happen with the force.

In my gut I believe he disposed of Barbara's remains locally hence the numerous questions I had posted. Madeabecbec, did you ever pass those questions along to the detective, if not, I will bring them to his attention with the second possible match. If nothing else we will possibly get another rule out and hopefully some answers to questions.

Very interesting the detective currently working on her case was a childhood friend of hers. And it is good to know they have dentals- so they could easily rule in or out the hotcase.

With my computer problems I am unable to do a map from Huntley to San Fran. Can someone do that and post it?

TY

I did a search at doenetwork using the search words corduroy- since Barbara was last seen wearing blue corduroy pants and green t-shirt as that was the shirt she was last seen wearing. Went through all the hits and found nothing I thought was close to Barbara. Though we don't know what Urlacher did with her clothing and may not have disposed of it with Barbara.

I'm working on the chronological cases now... through 79, nothing seemed close. Will keep working.

Can anyone search Namus or identifyus.org? I have a harder time with that site with my computer issues. Not sure if there is more there than on doenetwork.

I had a lengthy converstation this morning with the detective handling Barbara's case. Based on tooth #23 on the Jane Doe being glued in backwards Barbara is not a match for Hot Case 1534.

I will update additional information the detective was able to share on another post.

First, I want to mention talking to Detective Nelson was wonderful. He is extremely dedicated to Barbara's case having been a class mate of hers and a friend of the family. He was able to provide some additional information I was unable to gain online.

-TGU the main suspect had access to the Buick for a full 60 hours between the last time he and Barbara were seen Friday night and the time the car was returned late Monday afternoon. Little evidence was found in the car and LE had access to it within a few days of it being returned to the owner.

-It was confirmed he left within a few days of Barbara's disappearance he left on the small Suzuki motorcycle( tiny 2CC thing) and made one stop in Colorado before arriving in San Fran. He did arrive in CO alone.

-TGU's MO was to intoxicate or drug women and he had a long history of violence against women. None who had reported the abuse to police- but were interviewed after Barbara's disappearance.

-When TGU did not have a car or access to an apartment or home, he often camped, so remains found near a camp site would be a strong possibility. The area's he frequented locally were heavily searched and nothing found. He is still conducting searches and is waiting upon the newest technology for future searches.

-The detective also shared the TGU's 'personality' was, how shall I say this, very similiar to Casey Anthony's in that much of what he told everyone was lies with a bit of truth weaved in and despite reinterviewing those who were friends and associates of TGU he has not gained any additonal useful information from those reinterviewed.

I don't know if TGU had an accomplise or not driving and I didn't think to ask.... 60 hours is a lot of time to go almost anywhere. Who knows what kind of drugs he may have been on or whatever to possible keep him awake much of the weekend. Let's get checking out the UID's outwards from Huntley/Marengo IL and see if we can help find Barbara.

TY!
Cubby

I am going to email the detective again and see if I can gain a little more info regarding times and put in a request to review this case for a possible location of Barbara's remains in our forensic astrology forum.

bump....

Have not forgotten you Barbara.

Still hoping to find you.....

I did a search and did not see Barbara's case listed at NamUs, so I sent off an email to the detective I spoke with last year letting him know about the site and requesting he add Barbara's case to NamUs.

Hopefully we will see Barbara listed at NamUs in the near future.

I received a reply back from the detective handling Barbara's case and he will be entering her into NamUs shortly. As soon as her case file is available to the public I will link it here.

From an old pay to view the full article, 2005- link follows.

Twenty-nine years ago today, 14-year-old Barbara Glueckert of Mount Prospect disappeared. Police believe she was murdered, though a body has never been found. As police continue their search, Barbara's family and friends talk about the tragedy that changed their lives forever.

Patty Sobeski wishes she'd been more persistent 29 years ago.

On Aug. 21, 1976, Sobeski and her friend Barbara Glueckert walked home from Saturday evening Mass and began making plans for later that night.

Sobeski, who was 13 at the time, tried to talk Barbara into hanging out at Lions Park in Mount Prospect with a group of friends.

Barbara, though, wanted to go to a party she'd heard about in Des Plaines. After some back and forth, they agreed to go their separate ways.

It turned out to be the last time they would ever see each other.

Barbara, 14, didn't come home that night. Police believe she was killed by a 24-year-old man she'd met while walking to church. Her body was never found.

more at link:

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-4611728/Mystery-still-haunts-family.html

Barbara Glueckert has been missing thirty-four years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back