IL IL - Barbara Glueckert, 14, Huntley, 21 Aug 1976

Wednesday May 25th is National Missing Childrens day.

May 25, 2011 will mark the 28th National Missing Children's Day. First proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan and observed by every administration since, May 25th is the anniversary of the day in 1979 when 6-year-old Etan Patz disappeared from a New York street corner on his way to school.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1992

Barbara you are not forgotten. We are still looking for you.

I hope to have a Mass said for your family and friends who miss you. I do too.

Love,
Cubby

This month marks the 35th anniversary of Barbara's disappearance.

Barbara is not forgotten. Still praying for answers to her location.

I have never forgotten this girl. I remember when she disappeared, and I'd watch the news each night to see if they'd found her yet. I was in high school at the time, and lived in Kane Co.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the online articles about her was a search they did back in the 1970s of a rural property in Kane Co. that a relative of a suspect owned. I don't remember if it was the now-deceased suspect or not. I remember that they did a search on this farmland, maybe even some digging, but didn't find anything. That always bothered me a little, because at the time I thought the search wasn't thorough enough, and I thought for sure they'd find her there. I'm thinking this was not long after she disappeared, maybe even within a few months or a year.

Going from memory regarding the conversation I had with the detective handling Babara's case - and that conversation was a few years ago. I don't recall him mentioning searching a specific relative of the suspects property. I'm sure they did...

He did also tell me the suspect likely traveled south from Huntley along Randall Rd. and told LE he purchased gas in Elgin IIRC. before heading home - but where home was for the suspect IDK. The detective told me he has done many searches in the years since Barbara's disappearance. That some old abandoned property's and wells in the Elgin or Kane County area's had been searched. His theory was he strongly believed Barbara was buried somewhere near the Fox River between Huntley and Elgin off or near the Randall Road route. His belief was that while the deceased suspect had the vehicle he borrowed for appx 60 hours he probably didn't take Barbara far., though he could have and a further location has not been ruled out.

He also told me he was waiting on improved up and coming technology - a technology that would detect flouride in the ground because it does not occur naturally and would have to leach from bones. Where that technology is today I don't know.

I've always wondered if the suspect told anyone where he buried Barbara. I'd almost guess not because someone would come forward by now. The suspect is deceased, there is no reason to fear retaliation by coming forward with anything anyone knows.

I do continue to pray she is found and I do always keep my eyes out for UID's who may possibly be Barbara.

After speaking with him - and it was a lengthy call, I can say with 100% certainty the detective currently handling the case is dedicated to finding her. He told me it was Barbara's case which led to his choice of going into Law Enforcement.

We'll just keep praying and searching.

Because a further location has not been ruled out, I am adding a link to the thread in the UID section regarding some skeletal remains determined to be human and believed to be 'very old'. What exactly LE means by 'very old' I don't know.

However since the detective who is currently handling Barbara's case specifically mentioned the primary suspect in her case was known to camp along rivers, I wanted to ensure these remains were not missed. While they are probably a long shot, I thought I would add anyway.

IL IL: Bones discovered east of Hannibal are human - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also, Barbara's case file at NamUs indicates both dentals and dna are unavailable. Hopefully the detective has access to both, or dna and just omitted entering that information into NamUs.

I thought of Barbara this morning when I heard where the bones were found, and am hoping they can identify these remains. I've thought about her for so many years that even a long shot gives me hope.

I'm hoping the detective assigned to Barbara's case still checks in here from time to time.

Human skeletal remains were found in the Rock River in or near Rockford recently. A quick google search indicates this within 50 miles or so of the location from which Barbara disappeared.

Very little information currently available as to gender or age and the decedent has not yet been entered into NamUs.

This is a long shot, but the location and near a river fits with the info I had previously received from the detective.

Here is the link to the discovery of skeletal human remains found earlier this month:

Skeletal remains dug out of the Rock River last week are being handed over to a forensic anthropologist for an examination that could reveal more about who he or she was.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x2053808...mine-skeletal-remains-found-in-the-Rock-River

According to NamUs, the skeletal remains found along the Rock River in Winnebago County have been determined to belong to a male. We can rule Barbara out as being a possible match.

The search continues.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10696

Because a further location has not been ruled out, I am adding a link to the thread in the UID section regarding some skeletal remains determined to be human and believed to be 'very old'. What exactly LE means by 'very old' I don't know.

However since the detective who is currently handling Barbara's case specifically mentioned the primary suspect in her case was known to camp along rivers, I wanted to ensure these remains were not missed. While they are probably a long shot, I thought I would add anyway.

IL IL: Bones discovered east of Hannibal are human - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also, Barbara's case file at NamUs indicates both dentals and dna are unavailable. Hopefully the detective has access to both, or dna and just omitted entering that information into NamUs.

The above skeletal remains were determined to be ancient remains.

While looking at NamUs I found another case which might be determined to be Barbara.

On August 7, 2012 the Jackson County Sheriff's Office recovered partial skeletal remains along a remote stretch of the Mississippi River north of Grand Tower, IL. The bones consist of a partial mandible, the right tibia, and the right clavicle. No other evidence was located. An anthropologist from Southern Illinois University believes the remains are that of a female of unknown ancestry, between 18 and 23 years old, 5'3" to 5'8" tall. She believes the post mortem period to be between 5 and 25 years with at least part of that time spent in burial.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10580

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10580

The NamUs case file indicates a dna profile is not yet available.

Dentals are available. Barbara is a little below the age range but the rest of the info appears to fit so parking this info here to keep an eye on this case.

My name is Nicole Glueckert and I would have been Barbara's niece, if she were still with us.

I stumbled upon this site last night after a conversation I had with my Dad, (spurred on by the Cleveland abductions) and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted here... Barbara is still a large part of our lives and to know that others feel the same is huge. I had no idea others cared so deeply.

Thank you!!!

Nicole

While looking at NamUs I found another case which might be determined to be Barbara.

On August 7, 2012 the Jackson County Sheriff's Office recovered partial skeletal remains along a remote stretch of the Mississippi River north of Grand Tower, IL. The bones consist of a partial mandible, the right tibia, and the right clavicle. No other evidence was located. An anthropologist from Southern Illinois University believes the remains are that of a female of unknown ancestry, between 18 and 23 years old, 5'3" to 5'8" tall. She believes the post mortem period to be between 5 and 25 years with at least part of that time spent in burial.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10580

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10580

The NamUs case file indicates a dna profile is not yet available.

Dentals are available. Barbara is a little below the age range but the rest of the info appears to fit so parking this info here to keep an eye on this case.

NamUs has been updated and dna is available on this UID. Barbara's NamUs profile still reads dna not available, so we can't assume this is a codis rule out.

I am going to contact the detective handling Barbara's case to make sure he is aware of this UID for comparison.

After rereading the opening post in the thread, I am also going to make sure the Det is aware of Necrosearch International. Since an area is known as a possible location for burial, perhaps Necrosearch can be of assistance.

http://necrosearch.org/

My name is Nicole Glueckert and I would have been Barbara's niece, if she were still with us.

I stumbled upon this site last night after a conversation I had with my Dad, (spurred on by the Cleveland abductions) and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted here... Barbara is still a large part of our lives and to know that others feel the same is huge. I had no idea others cared so deeply.

Thank you!!!

Nicole

Welcome to WS Nicole. I'm just seeing this post now, so I am a bit late, but glad you took the time to join and post. Thank you.

We are continuing to Barbara she is found someday and your family can have some closure.

An article from last summer. I just saw this now.

The ripple effects of Barbara Glueckert's disappearance remain unabated by time

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20060817/news/708179999/

Excellent article written by a reporter who was involved with this case when it first broke. Barbara's family and the detective currently working the case are both quoted in the article. As is at least one of the detectives who originally worked the case.

Well worth the read, it brought tears to my eyes. If only all LE were this dedicated. This article is the first I got to know a little about Barbara's family. The comments from her brother are amazing, looking at the positives that have come from this case, despite his sister not yet being found.

We will keep looking until Barbara is found!

:grouphug:

Thank you!!!

Nicole

Welcome Nicole! If you're on FB; check out the page below; also send them a private message to ask that they share Barbara's story & NamUs page on it.
Illinois for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

An article from last summer. I just saw this now.

The ripple effects of Barbara Glueckert's disappearance remain unabated by time

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20060817/news/708179999/

Excellent article written by a reporter who was involved with this case when it first broke. Barbara's family and the detective currently working the case are both quoted in the article. As is at least one of the detectives who originally worked the case.

Well worth the read, it brought tears to my eyes. If only all LE were this dedicated. This article is the first I got to know a little about Barbara's family. The comments from her brother are amazing, looking at the positives that have come from this case, despite his sister not yet being found.

We will keep looking until Barbara is found!

:grouphug:

I have it saved in case it goes to paid.
Thank you Cubby for all you've done.

DNA testing wasn’t possible at all in 1976, but we have DNA samples now from Barbara’s mother and father and have coded them, so we can compare them to any remains that we find.”

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news...-those-who-refuse-to-forget.html#.U1qTQ7ePLIU

Apparently there is DNA available. I'm not sure this means the DNA comparison was made between Barbara and the remains found in Jackson County, IL. The 4 year age difference may not have caused the two to be linked together via NamUs. And since we know the age ranges on UID's aren't an exact science, hopefully Det. Nelson will do a manual comparison of the two.

Bumping for Barbara. She's been missing now for 38 years.

Praying this is the year she is brought home to her family. She is not forgotten. :rose:

Still thinking of Barbara. Always hoping to see she has been found and brought back to her family. Almost 39 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back