IL IL - Barbara Glueckert, 14, Huntley, 21 Aug 1976

I have been trying since May to find out if anyone had looked at this unidentified girl found near a cemetery in Maryland. I posted where I found her
https://www.facebook.com/notes/help...3659?comment_id=1069413969753176&notif_t=like

I am new to this, but have a hunch. I was looking on the Charley Project for girls missing in 1976 and I came across one named Barbara Glueckert. What struck me was her facial structure, coloring and the fact that she had on a LEATHER NECKLACE when she went missing. She went missing from IIL in August 1976 giving time between disappearance. She also was wearing leather shoes. Please check this out. There was a suspect but he was never charged and she was never found. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/glueckert_barbara.html

They look alike, same time period and leather necklace with bead. Has she been checked??? I did a comparison and while all I had to work with was smiling photos the same facial structure is there as well as hair and coloring. Height a bit off but other than that.... please can someone tell me if she has been checked?

DoecompareBarbaraGlueckert.jpg

I posted this on the JD thread, posting it here so you all will know! From Detective Nelson's email to me;
First of all let me thank you for your work and attention concerning Barbara's case. I say that as a member of the Mt. Prospect Police Department, as one of the many investigators who have worked this case, and as one of Barbara's childhood friends. Unfortunately for all of us, there are several factors pertaining to your Jane Doe which add up to a negative match. One could look at the physical descriptions and say they are close enough, however the scar and tattoo would be a stretch (if one wanted to argue they were added after her disappearance). Even allowing for those things, the blood type and dental records are absolutely no match (the dental records miss by a factor of 6).

Again thank you for you interest. If you could do me a favor, at anytime in the future you gather any information concerning Barbara, please e-mail me directly or phone 847-870-5656, and I will get back to you in kind

Sincerely,
Ofc. M. Nelson #176
Mt. Prospect Police Department
Mt. Prospect, Illinois 60056

(This JD here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/279ufmd.html )
I'm kind of relieved that it's not her, mainly because it could suggest that Urlacher had nothing to do with it and I have no doubt he was involved with whatever happened to her, no doubt!

So let's get to looking further for Barbara..... Someone (I believe it was Cubby) suggested that we map out a route/routes that Urlacher would've taken To Arizona/California and check the Janes along the way. The Herald Newspaper reported that one of Urlachers friends told LE, he was on a red & white Suzuki motorcycle headed to Arizona or Colorado. As we know he ended up in California, Urlacher was arrested in San Franciso around Dec.7th, 1976 (Story published that day) and then brought back to Huntley. So who all wants to take a route, and search for Janes found? Put the route up here or what state you'll look in or have looked in and we'll go from there, okay?

BTW, I replied back to Det. Nelson and invited him here, He probably doesn't have time, but I invited him nonetheless....:angel: Here's to hoping!

Cubby I believe you should call the newer one in or you can email it in, I will pm you Nelson's email if you'd like?
I'll be back, with some other JD suggestions, too! :cool:

Jeremiah 29:11-14

Bumping.

The MD Jane Doe has been ruled out as being Barbara.

Thank you for your interest in Barbara's case.

Because a further location has not been ruled out, I am adding a link to the thread in the UID section regarding some skeletal remains determined to be human and believed to be 'very old'. What exactly LE means by 'very old' I don't know.

However since the detective who is currently handling Barbara's case specifically mentioned the primary suspect in her case was known to camp along rivers, I wanted to ensure these remains were not missed. While they are probably a long shot, I thought I would add anyway.

IL IL: Bones discovered east of Hannibal are human - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also, Barbara's case file at NamUs indicates both dentals and dna are unavailable. Hopefully the detective has access to both, or dna and just omitted entering that information into NamUs.

We can rule out the above remains as being Barbara. According to the thread in the UID forum they were determined to be ancient native american remains.

While looking at NamUs I found another case which might be determined to be Barbara.

On August 7, 2012 the Jackson County Sheriff's Office recovered partial skeletal remains along a remote stretch of the Mississippi River north of Grand Tower, IL. The bones consist of a partial mandible, the right tibia, and the right clavicle. No other evidence was located. An anthropologist from Southern Illinois University believes the remains are that of a female of unknown ancestry, between 18 and 23 years old, 5'3" to 5'8" tall. She believes the post mortem period to be between 5 and 25 years with at least part of that time spent in burial.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10580

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10580

The NamUs case file indicates a dna profile is not yet available.

Dentals are available. Barbara is a little below the age range but the rest of the info appears to fit so parking this info here to keep an eye on this case.

These remains are still unidentified and there are no rule outs listed on the NamUs.

Here is another UID listed at NamUs which fits in with information provided by the detective handling Barbara's case.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13514

The remains at the above link were found in a shallow area of a river near a forest preserve which is RV friendly in Champaign County.

I will call or email the detective handling Barbara's case this week to make sure he is aware of these and can ensure a comparison is made as dna is available.

Bumping for Barbara. This month marks the 40th anniversary of Barbara missing.

Forty years ago today, 14-year-old Barbara Glueckert left her Mount Prospect home after telling her mom she and a friend wanted to go to a party down the block.

"I can still remember it as if it were yesterday," her brother Bob Glueckert, then 15, says. "I remember her walking out the door. Going right out on the front porch. She said, 'We'll be back by midnight.'"

Midnight arrived.

She did not.

Much more at the link

Thank you for posting the article KayElJay.

Here's another with timeline info.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160821/news/160829848/

I wish all cold cases had LE that were as dedicated as Det. Nelson.

Thinking of Barbara, all who loved her and those still fighting for answers today, the 40th anniversary of Barbara's disappearance.

:bump: Thinking of Barbara, praying she is located soon. It would be great for her family and friends to finally have the closure they have been seeking for decades.

Could this possible be Barbara? Unidentified Person Case

there are a couple of inconsistencies but the sketches look very similar to Barbara and the suspect could have taken her with him to CA? just a thought. I hope this gains more attention
Original
AR-160829856.jpg&updated=201608221021&MaxW=300&noborder

Barbara Glueckert – The Charley Project

Barbara Glueckert
  • barbara_glueckert_1.jpg
  • barbara_glueckert_2.jpg
  • barbara_glueckert_3.jpg
  • barbara_glueckert_6.jpg
Barbara, circa 1976; Thomas Urlacher, circa 1976

• Missing Since08/21/1976
  • Missing FromHuntley, Illinois
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/07/1961 (57)
  • Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA green t-shirt, blue corduroy jeans, tan earth shoes, a leather beaded necklace and a rope belt with a large metal buckle.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Dark brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Barbara was walking to mass at St. Raymond de Penafort Church in Mount Prospect, Illinois at 5:00 p.m. on August 21, 1976. A man identifying himself as "Tom Edwards" stopped her and asked if she wanted to go to a party.

She went to church instead, but gave Edwards her phone number, and afterwards she and a girlfriend met him at a pizza parlor and caught a ride with him in his brown Buick Electra 225. They went to a rock concert at a farm in Huntley, Illinois. They originally planned to go to a party in Des Plaines, Illinois, but Edwards suggested the concert instead.

Approximately 500 people attended the event, which was scheduled to end at 12:30 a.m. but actually lasted much longer. Barbara and her friend became separated between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. When the event broke up, Barbara's friend went home with another individual and it is believed Barbara left with Edwards. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

"Edwards" turned out to be Thomas G. Urlacher, who was then in his mid-twenties. He moved to San Francisco, California just days after Barbara's disappearance and lived there under another alias until the police found him.

A photograph of Urlacher is posted with this case summary. He had a long criminal record for arson, rape, and other crimes, and a history of violence against women. He is the prime suspect in Barbara's disappearance; investigators believe he murdered her the night she went missing and buried her body near the concert site in Huntley.

In December 1976, Urlacher wrote a 33-page letter to a friend saying he had "put a girl in the ground" because he had raped her and was afraid she would tell the police. He never mailed the letter; he left it in his apartment's closet instead. Later, Urlacher asked a friend to retrieve the letter and destroy it. Instead, his friend read it, and took it to the San Francisco police, who arrested him on an outstanding warrant out of Illinois for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

The charge was based on statements from witnesses who saw Urlacher give marijuana and alcohol to Barbara, her friend and other underage youths the night she disappeared. In March 1977, the prosecution dropped the charge; they were afraid that if they convicted him, this might make it more difficult to prosecute him for Barbara's murder later on.

A grand jury convened to investigate Barbara's disappearance that same year. Prosecutors hoped to indict Urlacher for her murder, but they were unsuccessful; no indictments have been issued against anyone in connection with her disappearance. Urlacher subsequently sued Barbara's family for defaming his character, but the lawsuit was dismissed.

Investigators never found enough evidence against Urlacher to charge him in Barbara's presumed murder, but he was found liable for her wrongful death in a civil suit in 1978 and was ordered to pay $5.15 million in damages to her parents. He was shot to death during a drug deal in Pueblo, Colorado in 2004.

Urlacher had always maintained his innocence in Barbara's disappearance; he said he left the concert alone at 11:00 p.m. He admitted writing the incriminating letter to his friend but said he had been under the influence of drugs at the time and what he wrote was not true.

Barbara was declared legally dead in 1984, eight years after her disappearance. She is a graduate of St. Raymond Catholic Grade School and had registered to attend Prospect High School in the fall of 1976.

She resided with her parents in the 600 block of Russell Street in Mount Prospect when she vanished; that city's police are investigating her case. Her disappearance remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

there are a couple of inconsistencies but the sketches look very similar to Barbara and the suspect could have taken her with him to CA? just a thought. I hope this gains more attention
Original

According to the detective working Barbara's case, Urlacher arrived on the west coast on a motorcycle and witnesses stated he arrived alone.

poor thing was badly influenced by that garbage of person unfortunately we will never know what happened :(

Thinking of Barbara. She is not forgotten.

Original

Was this ever submitted? I realize there are some inconsistencies, but the resemblance is strong, the Earth shoes are interesting and the suspect has ties to California. Even with the missing years, it seems like something worth taking a look at.

According to the detective working Barbara's case, Urlacher arrived on the west coast on a motorcycle and witnesses stated he arrived alone.

Could he have returned? Or had company? Just curious what you know of the details about this guy. The previously suggested UID has some compelling traits.

Was this ever submitted? I realize there are some inconsistencies, but the resemblance is strong, the Earth shoes are interesting and the suspect has ties to California. Even with the missing years, it seems like something worth taking a look at.

Ruled out on NamUs

Attachments

• rule out gluckert.JPG
    rule out gluckert.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Barbara currently has 18 rule outs in NamUs

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UP2512 06/07/1979 San Bernardino CA
UP10799 02/24/1980 Clark WA
UP3153 04/19/1981 Will IL
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP5206 05/13/1997 Will IL
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP8579 01/25/1981 Hanover VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP5556 05/30/1976 Virginia Beach VA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA