Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Bentley FB offering.. $5000 REWARD to anyone who can provide information leading to the location of Beth Bentley. (2000 from CS & 3000 private)

$2,000 reward offered for missing woman
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/6536D3BB2D8AD3048625773D007535CC?OpenDocument

Let the games begin... this will be interesting to see what comes out now.
BBM

LOL I agree. It does look like the type of people ready to throw each other under the bus.

I cannot believe the lack of media coverage from the Chicago area news/media outlets regarding this case.

I pray to God LE officials working this case have something concrete they're following and not releasing information to the public or press so it doesn't interfere with their investigation.

• I don't understand why Beth would rent a car instead of using her own.
  • I don't understand why Beth didn't drive home HER rental car home and let her friend take the train home since it's been stated that Beth went with her friend on this trip because the friend didn't like driving that far/long by herself.
  • I don't believe the train story for one second

Welcome to WS, phillipsgirl
welcome027.gif

Welcome to WS phillipsgirl!

And I agree with everything in your post... this story is just not sitting right...

I'm new to this forum, but have been following this case since it has come to my attention a few days ago.

Just a few thoughts to add.. If the rumor is even somewhat true that the boyfriend is a heroin addict, I wonder if the police...or even the family has looked into that more closely. The boyfriends dealer, friends, etc.? If Beth often carried money with her and also came from money (lawyer husband), that may spell trouble with dealing with addicts. Just a thought.

Also, considering how close Centralia is to St. Louis, has the media and search party also concentrated there?

Lastly, I hope to God Beth is safe and sound and will come home soon, but after missing for over two weeks my thoughts are getting troubled.. Even *if* (big if, I personally doubt it) she's hiding out somewhere or just simply ran away, I would think just the family/public/police pressure to make contact would have gotten a response by now. I hope I'm wrong.

I cannot believe the lack of media coverage from the Chicago area news/media outlets regarding this case.

I pray to God LE officials working this case have something concrete they're following and not releasing information to the public or press so it doesn't interfere with their investigation.

• I don't understand why Beth didn't drive home HER rental car home and let her friend take the train home since it's been stated that Beth went with her friend on this trip because the friend didn't like driving that far/long by herself.

I'm new to this forum, but have been following this case since it has come to my attention a few days ago.

Just a few thoughts to add.. If the rumor is even somewhat true that the boyfriend is a heroin addict, I wonder if the police...or even the family has looked into that more closely. The boyfriends dealer, friends, etc.? If Beth often carried money with her and also came from money (lawyer husband), that may spell trouble with dealing with addicts. Just a thought.

Also, considering how close Centralia is to St. Louis, has the media and search party also concentrated there?

Lastly, I hope to God Beth is safe and sound and will come home soon, but after missing for over two weeks my thoughts are getting troubled.. Even *if* (big if, I personally doubt it) she's hiding out somewhere or just simply ran away, I would think just the family/public/police pressure to make contact would have gotten a response by now. I hope I'm wrong.

Welcome-Glitter-Graphics-162-N0OYYD499Z.gif

I don't understand the lack of press conferences by the police. It's usually these press conferences that assist the police in receiving/investigating new leads.

Other than the alleged purpose of their trip, nothing has been released which I find eith highly suspicious or extremely negligent.

I have heard nothing of searches in area cornfields or lakes. Have those searches been done?

Did LE go to this home allegedly being rehabbed to confirm it was a rehabbed property and not a drug house?

Facebook photos show the friend as a brunette, however her profile picture now shows her having the exact same color hair as Beth - how recently was that change made. Could it be relevant to the case?

Has the rental car mileage been documented and checked against all the travel and stops made during their visit to confirm they only went where the friend alleges with no extra miles being unaccounted for?

Were all the players involved in this weekend getaway accounted for, interviewed and perhaps even drug tested to lend any evidence to the drug theory?

Does anyone know the family or have concrete answers to these questions?

If they can't find evidence of foul play, as an article suggests, does anyone really know how hard they actually do look?

Notes to self: Leave evidence of foul play if at all possible when you feel things aren't going well. And don't count on the cellphone to leave a trail where you've been unless you don't want to be caught.

Does anyone know if police have conducted a search for her body?

I'm not trying to be cruel or insensitive here, but I really want to know what bases they've covered.

Hmm, Have you contacted the police dept with that information?

Hello everyone. I am new to site and gratefully for a forum to discuss this strange case.

This is what I have HEARSAY knowledge of:
1) Scott Bentley owes IRS large amount of money he is making payments on.
2) Beth Bentley has a boyfriend and cheats on Scott (my info from approx year ago)
3) Beth uses friends as alibi's to cover cheating.
4) Beth likes expensive things and plastic surgery.

Welcome. That is quite a bit of hearsay. Wow!!

Hi Phillipsgirl... welcome :)

[*] a lot of people rent a car rather than put miles on their personal car, plus this way if they have any car troubles on the road all they have to do is contact company.. they deal with this issue and get them a new car

[*] Beth wouldn't have taken the train, she wouldn't even take the train alone at home by herself to go to cubs game. Why would she do this hundreds of miles from home in a strange town she had never been in. She would have to walk to a connecting metro train at very late at night on a sunday night thru a long underground hall that is discribes as "almost indutrial like" I invision they mean like the huge pipes running thru as this is under the street in chicago for a city block. to get to connection and wait for 2 and half hours for the Metro to Woodstock. She didn't call her husband to let him know she neded picked up at the train?? Plus legally she would be responsible for anything that happen with the rental, that doesn't add up.

[*] the train story has totally been ruled out now never happen.
Now JW's story has changed (once again) now she has stated she dropped her "Beth exited the car ACROSS and stood on the sidewalk BY THE MEXICAN RESTAURANT Los Cabos". She also says she never saw what direction Beth went from there she just left her on the sidewalk. Even though her first reference to the time she dropped her off was "about a half hour before the train". Hmmmm if she is now stating she has no idea where Beth was headed when she dropped her off why would her time reference be half hour before the train rather than.. I dropped her between 5-6. Why would the train even come into it, unless the story had to change because it was proven wrong.

Key word here is "SIDEWALK" JW said she left Beth on the "stood on sidewalk" that she didn't see her go in any direction.. this implies she stopped on the main road of town and just stopped there while Beth had to get out, get her travel bag, her purse and leave her with any last messages before she closed the door. Travel bag would have been in the back seat so she also had to open back door (if 4 doors) and or get the bag by reaching behind the front seat (if 2 door).. all this time they are sitting on the main road of town on a sunday at 5 or 6 pm?? rather than pulling in a parking lot??

That story needs some work.. :waitasec:

So lets say hypothetically Beth ran off with a boyfriend and her friend is covering for her. I would hope her friend would tell this to LE and LE would look more closely into that.

Personally, and IMHO, I have doubts this is truly relevant to this case. Even if she was unhappy in her marriage and wanted to leave, why would she leave her 3 kids as well?? And there's got to be an easier way to leave a marriage then an elaborate cover-up such as this.

I was under the impression that Scott Bentley was cleared of any suspicion?

I obviously don't know even half the facts of this case, but something about this just doesn't sit right with me..

Why would you drop your best friend off in the middle of nowhere in a strange town to just wait by herself? Especially a woman? I would wait with my friend... I wouldn't leave her alone... not in this day in age... And I definitely wouldn't drop her off without knowing where she was going or what she was doing.

I don't care where you live, Mayberry, NYC, Centralia, LA, it's no longer safe for a woman to be out alone in a strange place.

Why not wait with her? That's what I don't get...

I don't understand the lack of press conferences by the police. It's usually these press conferences that assist the police in receiving/investigating new leads.

Other than the alleged purpose of their trip, nothing has been released which I find eith highly suspicious or extremely negligent.

I have heard nothing of searches in area cornfields or lakes. Have those searches been done?

Did LE go to this home allegedly being rehabbed to confirm it was a rehabbed property and not a drug house?

Facebook photos show the friend as a brunette, however her profile picture now shows her having the exact same color hair as Beth - how recently was that change made. Could it be relevant to the case?

Has the rental car mileage been documented and checked against all the travel and stops made during their visit to confirm they only went where the friend alleges with no extra miles being unaccounted for?

Were all the players involved in this weekend getaway accounted for, interviewed and perhaps even drug tested to lend any evidence to the drug theory?

Does anyone know the family or have concrete answers to these questions?

Welcome to WS, Phillipsgirl

LE have not said diddly about what they have or have not done or found related to the case. I'm under the assumption that LE suspect foul play on the part of her friend's and are waiting for a key piece of evidence (the body - among other things) to be found to build enough of a case to arrest and charge those they already know are involved in Beth's disappearance. But it doesn't seem to be their (LE's) main concern to start a search for her either.

I would really like to know how many times and for how long each JW and RR were interrogated. I would imagine there were a lot of inconsistency in their stories, not to mention the entire train scenario does not add up and LE has by now possibly stopped wasting resources on looking for any other suspects in the case.

I seen a post on fb yesterday by JW asking AGM to call her. Did anyone else see it? The post has been deleted now. I'm wondering why JW would not just have called AGM herself and would have to leave a post on fb like this. It can't be because JW doesn't have AGM's number, it's listed on the info page on fb. Is it perhaps AGM is not taking any of JW's calls?

Does anyone know where JW currently is? (Home, jail, does she even have a job and work) I would think we would heard a lot more from Beth's supposed best friend then we have about how she is helping in the search. About the only thing I do remember JW posting is the trash talk about Beth's supposed boyfriends and her drug use. I don't see where JW has given any interviews with the media or shown any concern that her best friend is even missing, much less has lent a hand in helping find Beth. The only thing I have read is she has been asked not to discuses the case by LE and that she has supposedly lawyered up. In another post on fb (not sure if it has been deleted or not) it was said JW will only talk if she is arrested. Some best friend....

So lets say hypothetically Beth ran off with a boyfriend and her friend is covering for her. I would hope her friend would tell this to LE and LE would look more closely into that.

Personally, and IMHO, I have doubts this is truly relevant to this case. Even if she was unhappy in her marriage and wanted to leave, why would she leave her 3 kids as well?? And there's got to be an easier way to leave a marriage then an elaborate cover-up such as this.

I was under the impression that Scott Bentley was cleared of any suspicion?

I obviously don't know even half the facts of this case, but something about this just doesn't sit right with me..

Scott HAS been cleared

These are Beth's children, not Scott's. She has raised with little help on her own (before Scott)
Beth son's was graduating from HS the following week and a she had already planned a graduation party for him.
NO MOTHER would miss her son's HS graduation! ..specially one that was involved with all three of her boys daily, went to their softball games in fact didn't leave town that thursday till later in the evening because her son had a game she went to. Why wouldn't she wait to leave after the following weekend and the graduation. Would you leave your husband and all your "nice things" with just a duffel bag with a couple days cloths, little jewelry and go in a rental car, not your own car? Not take any money to live on for a period of time or use your credit card. Leave your kids and not bother to contact them for weeks with someone that is not their father.

Beth had a court date June 9, 2010 which involved a lot of money ($50,000) in her favor.. that would by a lot of "nice things & plastic surgery" hmmmm

:waitasec:

would be interesting to know just where this "hearsay" came from.

:snooty:

The only thing I have read is she has been asked not to discuses the case by LE and that she has supposedly lawyered up. In another post on fb (not sure if it has been deleted or not) it was said JW will only talk if she is arrested. Some best friend....

RSBM... BBM...

WOW! (IMO.. That's very telling!!!) Did she say that or did someone else?? I had a hard time reading the FB page... I couldn't even find the info that was discussed about the phone and not being able to talk about why it couldn't be located/triangulated...

And I agree... what a carpy best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown